Book club....

sweeeeeet

Hi I feel its a shame that not many kids read books anymore

I at the age of 17 am a pretty normal youngster BUT i do feel the need to enhance my intellect and experiance the world through literature.

I have read many books and I would like to share my experiances and have people share theirs aswell.

I therefore reccomend

Fluke by james herbert as a starter.

It is about a dog and his experiances of life but it has a turn as he cn remember his former life as a man and the tragic events that occured at the end of his life.

It is an excellent read for all who have an acceptable reading ability mybe 10 years and above.....

Re: Book club....

I don't know why I don't read more I quite enjoyed the books I have read but I haven't read much and if I had to mention some of the ones I have read you would take the pizz for rest of the time I continue to be on the forum

Anyway has anyone read the art of war is it that good ?

sorry if i seem like a prik saying this but im 19 and ill tell you my experience of bboks.

THey get u know were i used to read loads and got a E in english and litior boomks a are terrile if ya teacher

tells ya to read say ya feel sick cos it gets u know were in my experience shakspear and all that cr@p doint help in my veiw.

I'm reading Great Expectations now...

:D

SAME!! :D

It's about Pip, which I found hilarious because I have a cat called Pip xD

Quite a good book though actaully :)

I also recommend Roald Dahl's 'Boy' and 'Going Solo', they are both quite good, as is 'My Uncle Oswald' (some rude stories) and 'Switch B.i.t.c.h' (it is actually the word with no dots, but I'm sure the word ***** wouldn't get past the swear filter) both by Roald Dahl. 'Switch B.i.t.c.h' is 4 stories about 'Seduction and suspense' :D.

All the Roald Dahl books in the collection for older audiences are good :D:). Seven books in total :)

I am curently reading a great book.

Not A Penny More, Not A Penny Less by Jeffrey Archer.

It is about these 4 people who buy shares in an oil company. A friend of these four people said that the shares, were going to rise, but they fall down instead of going up. These 4 people lose most of their money, and they want revenge on the owner of the company.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just read a very good book indeed!

Its called "the kite runner"

It is about a boy growing up in afghanistan and his friend who is also his family's slave.

The book offers an insight into a totally different culture and is a very avid read including a few horrific moments and a sense of sadness and optimism that keeps the reader involved....

I reccomend this if you like a good read with a story that doesnt get boring and has many twists and turns!

• 3 months later...

There is an idea of Joel Mccluskey, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there. It is hard for me to make sense on any given level. Myself is fabricated, an aberration. I am a noncontingent human being. My personality is sketchy and unformed, my heartlessness goes deep and is persistent. My conscience, my pity, my hopes disappeared a long time ago (probably in secondary school) if they ever did exist. There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it, I have now surpassed. I still, though, hold onto one single bleak truth: no one is safe, nothing is redeemed. Yet I am blameless. Each model of human behavior must be assumed to have some validity. Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this- and I have, countless times, in just about every act I’ve committed- and coming face-to-face with these truths, there is no catharsis. I gain no deeper knowledge about myself, no new understanding can be extracted from my telling. There has been no reason for me to tell you any of this. This confession has meant nothing…

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

It is about a boy growing up in afghanistan and his friend who is also his family's slave.

The book offers an insight into a totally different culture and is a very avid read including a few horrific moments and a sense of sadness and optimism that keeps the reader involved....

I reccomend this if you like a good read with a story that doesnt get boring and has many twists and turns!

Fantastic book ! Read that a few months ago and it was a great book.

Had to read the book for school and then write a 1500 word essay on it. lol. Good book though. Really touching. ;)

lol im reading this in my Primary with this weird teacher who likes stripy socks anyway the book is Called Holes by Louis Sachar i think it is about this boy who did nothing and he has to go to a place in nowhere and well youll have to read the book to know the rest :P

lol im reading this in my Primary with this weird teacher who likes stripy socks anyway the book is Called Holes by Louis Sachar i think it is about this boy who did nothing and he has to go to a place in nowhere and well youll have to read the book to know the rest :P

read it about 8 years ago when i went to school!

he goes to a place where he has to dig a big hole everyday as punishment but he ends up with his own pay-back

ok film too ;)