My SPL Ratings...

Стахановец

I will not look at every player from every SPL team, as that would take a lifetime, but I am going to highlight five players from every team who I think may be worth an increase. There are some players at every club who should go down from lack of gametime or injuries, but I will let the SM team go over all of those! Some teams have improved as a collective and so it might seem like I have overlooked them slightly, at other teams individuals have gotten a few points of a rise while others in the team have been poor. Such is football!

Aberdeen:

Jamie Langfield - 85 rising to 87

I think he has shown this season that he does have ability. He was dropped at the start of the season due to a pre-season incident, but after coming back in he has played some great games in Europe, most notably against Dnipro and Lokomotiv Moscow, and in the league he has saved the Dons in some tight games. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the next Scotland squad either.

Barry Nicholson - 85 rising to 87

He is another player who had a lot of potential when he was youger, but this season he has found some consistency, and although a few of his six goals have come from the spot, he has shown a lot of nerve to take them, and as with Langfield, he has been influential in all three European home games this season. He is also a CM, not an RM/CM!

Jeffrey De Visscher - 79 rising to 84

He signed on from the lower echelons of Dutch football at the start of the season, and has shown from the bench that he does have smoe ability, with a goal and some assists. Obviously needs more time before he can be considered for anything higher, but he is definitely better than 79.

Jamie Smith - 85 rising to 86

He is one of those players that have too many niggly injuries to be considered for anything in the high 80's, but he has definitely been a boost for Aberdeen in the games he has played. He obviously had a fantastic game against Copenhagen when he scored two great goals and should have had more, but in the league games he has provided some important assists as well as three goals.

Lee Miller - 83 rising to 86

He was on the cusp of the Scotland squad when he was at Dundee United,but had a dreadful run of form. This season though, he has been a fixture in the side and has repayed that faith with 8 goals. Should he continue that form and get around the 20 mark a further rise might be given, but right now I think 86 is a fair reflection of his importance to the way Aberdeen are playing.

Celtic:

Artur Boruc - 90 rising to 92

I realise that there is a ceiling for players in certain leagues on SM, but to be honest, I don't think the guy can do much more to show he warrants an increase. He has performed excellently in the Champions League again this year, and Poland would be nowhere without him. He has made an outstanding save in every game he has played in the SPL, and bar one game against Hibernian where he made a crucial error, he has been immense. Goalkeepers are the only position where it doesn't matter what league you are in, an outstanding save is an oustanding save.

Stephen McManus - 88 rising to 89

I think this has been another solid year for the defender, and although he has not scored as many goals, he still managed two crucial ones against Lithuania while playing for Scotland, and against AC Milan for Celtic. He has continued to mature and is now a regular for club and country, including the captaincy at Celtic. He does not do anything flashy, but then you don't really want your central defender taking unnecessary chances do you? And considering he has had to make do with central defenders at full-back around him, he has still managed to play at a high level.

Scott Brown - 88 rising to 89

Another young Scot who has matured and helped the recent rise in the name of Scottish football. Has cemented himself as a regular for club and country, and his only misfortune is that due to injuries to others and tactical maneuvers, he has had to play on the right at times which is not his natural position. At times, he has drifted in and out of games as well. However, he has still had a good year and has shown enough improvement to suggest that with time, he will be a world class player.

Aiden McGeady - 89 rising to 90

This was a big year from him, as he needed to add more vision to his game instead of trying to beat everyone on the park. This year he has spent time on physical training and has added another yard to his pace, and has learned to release the ball more at the right time. He went through a real purple patch in November where he ran amok against defences, including in the Champions League, most ntoably against Benfica. Has scored more goals this year, including his first senior hat-trick, bringing it to 7 in total, and countless assists. Probably the third name on the Celtic team-sheet behind Boruc and McManus, and this should be reflected in his rating.

Scott McDonald - 87 rising to 88

17 goals in total this season, including goals against Spartak Moscow and AC Milan. He signed for £750k from Motherwell, and has started to form a good partnership with Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. I think with time he can add more to his game, as he is mostly finishing right now, but has shown glimpses of creativity with some crucial assists, including a big away assist for Celtic in Moskva. If he keeps it up then another rise at the end of the season.

Re: My SPL Ratings...

Dundee United:

Gregorz Szamotulski - 84 rising to 86

Although he will be leaving Dundee United in January, he came as short-term cover and a bit of an unknown. However, he made an initial impact in pre-season, playing superbly as Dundee United narrowly lost 1-0 to Barcelona. He saved Henry's penalty in the last minute (unfortunately Henry scored the rebound). He has also made some great saves, especially during the first quarter of the season when Dundee United made a heady charge to the top 6.

Lee Wilkie - 80 to 86

It is interesting to see he is now a CB/CF, but that may be generous, it was only as emergency cover! However, after battling back from serious knee injury after serious knee injury, he has been crucial to the team. Although he may never play long enough to reach the high 80's, for now, he is a man-mountain in defense and the rise would reflect his importance to the team.

Barry Robson - 86 rising to 88

I was sorely tempted to say a rise to only 87, but he has scored 8 goals this season, including a hat-trick on Wednesday, and his set-pieces have produced countless assists for his team-mates, including one I will cover just after this. He forced his way into the Scotland squad and earned his first cap, is being touted for a move in January to both Celtic and Rangers and also some Premiership teams, and has managed to curb his temper for the most part. A crucial player to the side.

Prince Bauben - 75 rising to 85

He was an unknown when Craig Levein signed him, but has been a regular in the team since then. He has formed a partnership with Morgaro Gomis in midfield, and plays with a lot of pace and power. He is still only 19 and has more to learn, but he definitely has potential. Is not really a goalscorer, he only has two, but his drive and box-to-box running has given Dundee United a presence in the midfield. Definitely worth such a large rise.

Noel Hunt - 83 rising to 87

Again this rise might seem excessive, but he is the second top scorer in the SPL this season with 13 goals, and although this might not seem like a world-beater, when you are playing for any team outside of Celtic and Rangers, it is always a big achievement. He has scored with head and feet, and works tirelessly into the bargain, defending the front. Has been touted for an international call-up to the Republic of Ireland squad recently, and is definitely one to watch as he is only 25.

Falkirk:

Tim Krul - 79 rising to 83

Even though he is not technically a Falkirk player, he has been on loan there and has been first-choice in the side. His form occasionally dips a little, but he is always capable of making a good save, and i'm sure Newcastle remember his performance against Palermo last year. I think the number of appearances he has managed and some of his performances definitely warrant a rise.

Darren Barr - 82 rising to 85

Firstly, this guy is not an RM, he is a CB! Come on SM, sort that out! He has been a regular choice for Falkirk this season, and except for a couple of red cards, he has generally been one of Falkirk's best performers. In February, he picked up his first international honour when he was selected for a Scotland 'B' international, playing well. I think with the progress he has made, the rise is inevitable, although further rises may be limited when he plays in a team who struggle defensively like Falkirk.

Gerard Aafjes - 75 rising to 83

He came to the club, as with a few players in the SPL this season, as a bit of an unknown. He is a young player who came through the Ajax academy but got lost for a couple of years. However, he agreed to join Falkirk because of their insistence on playing passing football, and they have certainly complimented each other. Has has added some composure on the ball and allowed others around him to get into the game, and has offered some attacking threat, managing one goal in almost ten appearances.

Pedro Moutinho - 80 rising to 85

He seems to be the man of the moment at Falkirk. He has his eyes on bigger things, and this season he has really stepped up his game to achieve that. 7 goals from an attacking position, and an ever-present in the team, he has overcome disappointment last season to become an important part of the team. Another player who likes the ball at his feet, and has been in great form in the past month, not surprisingly, Falkirk have been winning again due to this.

Carl Finnigan - 78 rising to 82

I think he was unfortunate in that he was the next young striker from England to take a chance at Falkirk, but he did not have the immediate impact of Anthony Stokes. He struggled for a goal, and started this season the same, but as with Moutinho, in the past month he has scored a few goals, and looks a lot more confident now. With his playing time a rise was required, but some of his recent performances bring him to the low 80's, and he might be one to watch if he retains this form.

Gretna:

Greg Fleming - 76 rising to 80

He was given the opportunity due to poor showings in general from Gretna, and he managed to get a good run of games in the side. He has not played all of the recent games, and unfortunately could not keep his first professional clean sheet, but he made some good saves and deserves a rise from the lowly position of 76 to show the promise he showed in a poor team.

Chris Innes - 76 rising to 83

One of the few players with SPL experience prior to this season, he has been a regular in the side. He has tried to lead those around him, and puts his heart into every performance. Unfortunately in this poor Gretna team it is hard to look good, but he is one of their standouts and deserves a rise.

Allan Jenkins - 77 rising to 81

Sad to say that a midfielder is Gretna's top scorer this season! 3 goals and a couple of assists is his lot, but it is hard with so much mediocrity around him. I think a small rise to reflect his contribution in such a team is earned.

Henry Makinwa - Not in database rising to 81

I have no idea why this guy is not the game as although he is not world-famous, he has played in Portugal and Romania and won medals. It is hard to say how he will far after so few games in a Gretna shirt, but on his debut he helped the team to a draw away against Kilmarnock, and looks like he could be a steady partner to Kenny Deuchar up front. If nothing else, I am basing this rating on his history and few performances.

Kenny Deuchar - 77 rising to 82

Again, might seem a big rise for someone who was sent on loan to St. Johnstone, but this was done more out of spite than ability. He scored something like 9 goals there in a month, and on his return was an instant starter in the Gretna side. He has a goal already and a couple of assists, and is clearly one of their most important players, giving something up front where previously they had no threat. He will score more before the end of the season, and 82 is a clear reflection of his ability.

Hearts:

Andrew Driver - 83 rising to 86

What needs to be said about this guy? From the youth team to the first team, and this season he has been of the few pass marks in a team that is proving to be an SPL enigma. He has scored some cracking goals and plays a part in most goals that Hearts score. He is unlikely to make international football since he is English (though they could do with a left-winger!), but he is a vital part of the team, and can only improve. More of a LM/RM too, or just a W/F in general.

Laryea Kingston - 86 rising to 87

Missed the first couple of games of the season through suspension and did get an ankle knock in the past month, but in between he gave Hearts a real presence in the middle of the park, they could give him the ball and he would do something with it or run at the opposition, scoring some long-range goals to go with it. He is off to the African Nations Cup if his ankle recovers, but he has scored four or five international goals since the summer. Definitely one of the few Hearts players who could go on to better things.

Eggert Jonsson - 74 rising to 83

He is another young player who has forced his way into the team this season, and has already been rewarded with an internationcal call-up. He is a central midfielder, more of a work-horse than a creator, but he is a regular in the side and if he keeps his head down, he will definitely get better.

Andrius Velicka - 85 to 87

Another of the enigmas at Tynecastle, not for his ability, but simply because he is rarely picked to start the match. Has scored twice at Celtic Park and once at Ibrox this season, and against both at Tynecastle, plus some vital goals when actually given a chance in other games, 9 goals in total from not many more appearances. He is being touted for a possible move away in the transfer window to a bigger club, but for the moment, definitely worth a rise.

Christian Nade - 83 rising to 85

He has struggled a bit for fitness since his move to Hearts, mostly of the one or two week variety kind of niggles meaning he can't get into full flow, but he has been a handful when he is on the park, and has four goals plus a few assists as the lone striker in a struggling team. It might not seem like he deserves a rise considering he does not have 10+ goals, but he definitely could have had more.

Hibernian:

Yves Makabu-Makalambay - 78 rising to 84

He seems to have solved the Hibs goalkeeping crisis, with most of his predecessors making horrible mistakes in big games. He came from Chelsea where he could not make the breakthrough for obvious reasons, but has shown to be a solid goalkeeper while at Hibs. He has been first-choice, and rarely made a mistake.

Lewis Stevenson - 80 rising to 84

A regular starter for John Collins this season, he is a battling midfielder and his engine lasts the whole 90 minutes. He has been one of the ball-winners in the team, another who try to play passing football if they can. He does not chip in with goals, but that is not really his game, and he has received some great reviews in matches. Too soon for a major rise, but 84 definitely reflects his position in the team.

Brian Kerr - 83 rising to 85

Signed on a bosman from Motherwell, and made an instant impact with a goal against Hearts on his debut. He has not quite kept up that scoring record, but he is another regular in the team and as with most Hibs players, is required to run for 90 minutes. Tireless midfielder, and joins in both defense and attack. One of the more experienced members of the team, and is definitely one of their most consistent players.

Clayton Donaldson - 72 rising to 82

Has played in fits and starts for Hibs. He scored his first goal, and also received his first red card, in the same game. He has showed a bit of inexperience at this level with some of his behaviour and tendency to get some cheap bookings, but he has scored six goals, including a hat-trick, and definitely has the atrributes such as pace and an eye for goal. With a few more games, he could be one of the surprise top scorers for Hibs, and I reckon the 10 point rise is fully justified.

Steven Fletcher - 85 rising to 86

Only 20 and receiving a lot of interest. He has 8 goals this season, some of them very neatly done, and is tipped for much bigger things. The only drawback is a couple of injuries, the latest keeping him out for 4-6 weeks. However, he has scored when played, and is vital to the team, it is no coincidence that his absence has resulted in a poor run of form for Hibs.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle:

Michael Fraser - 80 rising to 83

After Michael Brown left for Celtic some time back, he has stepped in to claim the number one jersey. He was unspectacular at first, and did not look like he would be the long-term choice, but after a slow start, he along with the whole team have made good progress after Craig Brewster returned as manager. He is a player who is constantly growing, and has become a reliable player between the sticks.

Phil McGuire - 80 rising to 83

He may not be at the club much longer as he is on a loan deal from first division side Dunfermline Athletic, but he has brought a lot of stability to the heart of the defense, and is hoping to make the move permanent. He was unlucky to have encountered injury in England mixed with an incident in his personal life, then relegation in a poor Dunfermline team, but he has bounced back this year to show glimpses of his younger Aberdeen days.

Don Cowie - 76 rising to 82

This is one overlooked player worthy of a rise. 6 goals from midfield this year, he is a changed player under Craig Brewster. He contributes at both ends of the park, and at 24, still has many years left ahead of him.

Dennis Wyness - 82 rising to 84

Although he has had a couple of semi-major injuries in his career, he has always scored goals, especially at Inverness. He has seven so far in a team that traditionally keeps it tight rather than scores a lot, and has proven over the years that if you give him a chance and a run in the team, he will score goals. He is vital to the team, especially as at first my next player did not hot the ground running, and kept the team going for a while.

Marius Niculae - 82 rising to 83

He arrived with a lot of affection from the supporters, initially being refused a work permit, and then an appeal eventually granting him his move to the North of Scotland. A former international for Romania, so he has the ability, but found it hard to get going in a team where chances were not frequent. However, he has got some recent goals and has six for the season. A small rise will suffice for now, but anything more at the end of the season is in his own hands.

Kilmarnock:

Ryan O'Leary - 77 rising to 82

One of the few shining lights for Kilmarnock in a dismal season. He plays in defense or midfield, and this year declined a call-up to the Republic of Ireland under-21 setup in favour of Scotland, for whom he has played at under-21 level three times now. He has mostly come to the fore this season and, partly due to injuries, has been given a run in the team. 82 should suffice for now, but might climb a little higher by the end of the year.

Jaime Hamill - 76 rising to 82

Another youngster who has been blooded this season due to injury problems at Kilmarnock. He was man of the match at Celtic Park on the first game of the season, and has put in some excellent performances in both defense and midfield, much like O'Leary. Again, like the previous player, he has appeared for the Scotland under-21s, and looks set to continue Kilarmnock's reputation as a starting place for good young prospects.

Willie Gibson - 76 rising to 82

Yet again, another youngster being given a chance due to injury, this time more of a left midfielder. Has been linked to Plymouth Argle, but is likely to stay at Kilmarnock for first-team experience. I think like the two above, he may not rise much more due to the poor season Kilmarnock are having, but definitely worth a rise out of the 70's due to his performances and three goals this season.

Mehdi Taouil - 80 rising to 82

It must look like I am giving out 82 to every Kilmarnock player, but a lot of the changes I am putting forth are for players who are just breaking into the team. Taouil signed after a couple of years at Montpellier, and although he has not made a huge amount of appearances, he only signed in October. He was man of the match on his debut, and scored his first goal on boxing day. He has shown good skill, and might be worth another look at the end of the season.

Colin Nish - 84 rising to 85

He has had a good goal considering how bad Kilmarnock have been, with 8 goals in all competitions. A few have been penalties, but he works hard for the team, and has been linked with Hibs. He has been scoring important goals for the team, so this small rise is probably deserved.

Motherwell:

Paul Quinn - 82 rising to 84

Although Motherwell have in some games conceded a few goals, this is more due to their attacking style than being particularly bad. Paul Quinn is one who might look bad because of stats, but he puts in a good shifr for Motherwell, steady at the back and has even bagged a few goals from set pieces.

Stephen Hughes - 83 rising to 85

Was poised to sign for Hearts and had a change of heart, which seemed shocking at the time, but his decision appears to have been justified. A regular pick for Mark McGhee, and plays every week, pulling a few of the strings in midfield.

David Clarkson - 80 rising to 84

He struggled to get any real amount of goals in previous season, but this year with the change in style and having two other forwards to play off, he has had a huge change in fortune. He has bagged 8 goals, the strike partnership in total has 25, and looks to be growing in confidence. Sadly, it may be that for the rest of the season he is hit or miss. Phil O'Donnell was his uncle, and it remains to be seen whether this will put him through a poor patch as he grieves, or whether it will inspire him to take it up another level in memory of his uncle. However, for the first half of the season, he more than justifies an increase.

Ross McCormack - 78 rising to 85

After being released by Rangers after an initial breakthrough and a Champions League equaliser away against Porto, he made a short trip away to Doncaster on loan only to return to Motherwell on a free. After a bad first season with injury, he is really beginning to fulfill his potential. Becoming ever more dangerous from set pieces and bagging 8 goals so far, he is the most creative of the three strikers and brings other people into the game. Becoming a fixture for the Scotland under-21s, and one of the most important members of the team, helping them to a current 3rd place position in the league.

Chris Porter - 80 rising to 85

The third of the three regular Motherwell strikers, and the top scorer of them with 9 goals. He seems to be the best finisher of the bunch, and this is a compliment to the graft of Clarkson and flair of McCormack. He scored a barrowload for Oldham last season and averages about 1 in 2 for Motherwell. Even with the step-up to SPL level he is maintaining a great goal average, and a 5 point rise is surely justified considering this form has been for over a year and a half.

Rangers:

Allan McGregor - 87 rising to 88

He has been given the faith of his manager and has been the first-choice all season, even though an arguably more experienced goalkeeper was brought in, that being Roy Carroll. The pressure of competition seems to have spurred him on to produce some good performances. I was toying with 88 or 89, but some of his handling in Champions League matches resulted in goals conceded, most notably the first Lyon goal at Ibrox, and the same mistake was repeated against Aberdeen just before Christmas. However, for the most part he has been solid and has improved since his first few appearances, so definitely worth a rise.

Alan Hutton - 86 rising to 88

His improvement this season has been without doubt rapid. From some strong international games, to league performances, to a great game against Stuttgart at Ibrox. There will no doubt be plenty of people on the board who feel that he should be 89 or even 90, however it should be noted that until the last 6 or 7 months, many Rangers fans would have called for his exit, and his form was patchy, and there are one or two parts of his defending that need improving. A rise to 88 for now, and if he continues it till the end of the season, whatever club that is at, then there is the likelihood for another rise.

Carlos Cuellar - 88 rising to 89

The third defensive player I have looked at for Rangers, and that is because the defense has been where most improvement has been made. Walter Smith does often play in a defensive fashion against teams, so perhaps that is inevitable. Carlos Cuellar was not an Osasuna regular when he signed, but he has formed a consistent partnership with David Weird all season for Rangers, and is generally a no-nonsense defender. He has been part of clean sheets against Barcelona and Lyon, scored four goals and is still only 26, and looks like he will only improve. Again, like Alan Hutton,he is only in the first half of a breakout season, so too early for major advances.

Lee McCulloch - 86 rising to 88

Another who has come in from a smaller team, Wigan, and cemented himself in the side. Was always going to be one of Walter Smith's main targets, and although originally a striker early in his career, tends to play on the left side of midfield where he can knock down high balls for the attackers around him. Crucial first goal in France against Lyon, and the crucial second for Scotland against Ukraine, plus 3 in the league. Is at the peak period of his career, so an 88 for now, but more time is needed to see if his important performances continue past the first half of a good season.

Kevin Thomson - 87 rising to 88

Was touted for both Celtic and Rangers while at Hibs, but has ended up at Ibrox where he is often preferred to the player of the year Brahim Hemdani on the domestic front. Has benefited from having Ferguson and McCulloch on either side, both experienced internationals, and he has started to exert a bit more influence on games. He was a little lost in the Champions League games away from home, but he is only 23 and has definitely shown improvement, whilst cementing his place in the Rangers first XI.

St. Mirren:

Chris Smith - 79 to 81

It may seem strange to give a rise to a goalkeeper playing for the team second-bottom of the league, but their away record speaks for itself, only 11 goals conceded. But of an anomaly, but the young lad has not done badly, and deserves a small rise for his consistency, especially considering he gets shots thrown at him for most of his shift.

Franco Miranda - 82 rising to 84

One of the few St. Mirren players who puts in good performances most weeks. Will probably be most remember this season for scoring a cracking goal against Celtic, although he has one other goal and he has a great left-foot, one of the few sources of danger at the club, and one of the best defenders they have too.

Mark Corcoran - 77 rising to 80

A young player and sad to say one of only five scorers for the club this season. He has bagged two goals, and although he has not set the world on fire, it merits a small raise considering he is getting very little help from his team-mates.

Stephen McGinn - 74 rising to 79

Has been playing as a sub this season, but already has two goals, including one at Celtic Park. I don't think he has played enough to rise into the 80's, but he definitely shows some promise in a poor team and is worth a few points.

Billy Mehmet - 78 rising to 82

I would never in all my days thought that I would advocate a rise for Billy Mehmet, but this season he has bagged four goals for the team, almost half of their goals tally, and after not being a starter a few months ago. He still has some way to go but he is only 24, and he is doing what the rest are not for the club, being in the right place at the right time and taking some half chances.

Agree with the ratings for the Killie team but here is insight into the players mentioned

Ryan O'Leary @ Killie isnt in the team due to injuries he is a first choice CB but has missed games due to injury and suspension. Defo one to watch as he has ability to go much further Future 85+.

Jamie Hamill has emerged this season due to injuries but has held his own mainly at RB now. He wont go much higher than 84 long term.

Wullie Gibson earned a transfer last season to Killie and has since shown glimpses of his ability but lacks confidence to do it week in week out cant see him going above 84.

Mehdi Taouil only just arrived and has looked a steal as he is so comfortable on the ball so much so i think he is destined for bigger things easily 85+.

Colin Nish has worked hard without much help this season and has been linked with a move away due to his contract is up in the summer 85 will be his peak i believe.

One too watch at Killie is Craig Bryson, he arrived in the summer from Clyde but has failed to make many apps due to injury. When he has played he has looked every inch a SPL player. He has potential to make 85+

Mate some of them ratings are far too high. Especialy given the circumstances.

And Boruc to 92 :P:D. Good one!

Haha, suppose everyone can have their opinion. Which ones are too high though, and why?

And as for Boruc, I did mention that goalkeepers are a lot harder to seperate based on a ceiling, if you are saying he is in the SPL and can't go above 90, SM might agree with you, if you disagree on ability, then it would certainly be strange that players like David James, Paul Robinson, Dida, Jussi Jaaskelainen, Timo Hildebrand et al are all rated higher. Only one of those even gets a regular game in the CL.

Kevin Thomomson increse :D hes rubbish or he os every time i watch him i aint seen a game were hes played well yes if he has correct me. Macoanld to 89 Boruc 92 mageady 91 and mcmanu to 90 scoring goals oint matter for a defender thee jobs to stop them not score the mits a bounus if they score.

Alo lee wilikie 80-86 u joking mate hes got no chance of that 83 higghest injurs to bad for him hes got no chance of 86. Nade should stay same hes done nowt but score 4 goals.

Been honsist mate ll theres Predictions are to high or to low apart from boruc an brown mcgregor and a few more i think there all wrong and rediculas.

My veiw :o

Nathan:

I don't think McGeady should go to 91 yet, although he has at times been carrying Celtic, in the CL there were times when he ran out of ideas against experienced defenders of AC Milan, in both legs. In time he will only improve beacuse of this, but it shows he is still learning, so 90 is fair for now.

With McManus, it is the same, his improvements are steady and sure, not rapid, so if he continues then maybe another look at the end of the season.

I had a feeling my Lee Wilkie one would prove controversial, but there ye go. :D

I was tempted to take a look at John Kennedy too, but he got another injury, however I think he will get a bit of a rise anyways.

Highlandinct:

Cuellar is like a few Rangers players this season, either not well known, or not really setting the world alight at their previous club, so form has to be sustained before they can reach 90.

Bluebrazilian:

The trouble with Falkirk is they have a lot of younger or unknown players worth mentioning, and I was only picking five from each side, but you are right, he will definitely go up.

highlandinct:

Bobo Balde did have a broken leg for the majority of that time, he was in the team before that.

In terms of defense, Celtic have conceded 17 in the league this season, Rangers have conceded 16. In the CL, Celtic conceded 6 goals in the 6 group games, Rangers conceded 9.

You may be referring to Celtic going through a long stage without keeping an away clean sheet in the league, but generally it was one goal, and the goal conceded was a consolation after the game was won.

Celtic have also had three full-backs and two centre-backs injured for much of that time, Rangers have had one full-back and one centre-back injured.

You imply that the defence was shocking, but the stats don't seem to show much difference between the top two sides in the SPL. If nothing else, Rangers have conceded more overall in the main two competitions!

The SPL has quite a lot of crazy stats. For example, St. Mirren having one of the joint-best defensive records away from home, conceding only 11 goals, and Falkirk having the second best away-goals tally behind Celtic, with 21. Both of those sides are in the bottom half of the table!

And let's not forget Aberdeen conceding only one home goal in Europe all season. :P

Haha' date=' suppose everyone can have their opinion. Which ones are too high though, and why?

And as for Boruc, I did mention that goalkeepers are a lot harder to seperate based on a ceiling, if you are saying he is in the SPL and can't go above 90, SM might agree with you, if you disagree on ability, then it would certainly be strange that players like David James, Paul Robinson, Dida, Jussi Jaaskelainen, Timo Hildebrand et al are all rated higher. Only one of those even gets a regular game in the CL.[/quote']

Mate, ask anyone here on the forum - I have argued many a time that the SPL players are underrated and there is a thread on the matter too.

I agree that they are underrated and some SPL are better than players elsewhere but have a lower rating, but its not the way SM works.

Haha' date=' suppose everyone can have their opinion. Which ones are too high though, and why?

And as for Boruc, I did mention that goalkeepers are a lot harder to seperate based on a ceiling, if you are saying he is in the SPL and can't go above 90, SM might agree with you, if you disagree on ability, then it would certainly be strange that players like David James, Paul Robinson, Dida, Jussi Jaaskelainen, Timo Hildebrand et al are all rated higher. Only one of those even gets a regular game in the CL.[/quote']

Statistically talking, remember, statistically, Artur Boruc has no chance of going up whatsoever, and evem has a chance to go down.

One more thing, I don't see why you say David James, Robinson, Jaaskelainen is rated unfairly because they are all regulars for their team, played more than Boruc, so I don't see why Boruc should be rated as much as them

Here are the stats for Boruc in the SPL

12 Starts

1095 Minutes

1 Yellow Card

He Could've Gotten

20 Starts

1821 Minutes

So I see that he has only gotten over 60% of the possible play time, not enough. Just to compare with the keepers you mentioned above.

David James

21 Starts

1904 Minutes

2 Yellow Cards

100% of Possible Game Time Played

Paul Robinson

19 Starts

1724 Minutes

Over 90% of Possible Game Time Played

Dida

No Comment, he should be an 89

Jaaskelainen

21 Starts

1909 Minutes

100% of P.G.T.P

Hildebrand

8 Starts

727 Minutes

Hildebrand has less time for Boruc but remember that Hildebrand has to compete with Canizares and now, when Cani leaves, he will get the spot all to himself, so I think that he might go down to 91 but Boruc has to be at least one less than him still.

Boruc Is Having An Operation' date=' Its The Form of Him That Suggest He Should Increase, Stats Mean Nothing When you Know How A Player Is Playing ;) (Ie. England Scotland ect Top Leagues)

Also His International Form Aswell B)[/quote']

But, Shels, when having an operation, the chance of your rating going down is not low at all, so I would say he should staay at 90, then when he comes back and gets back his form, up to 91.

Statistically talking' date=' remember, statistically, Artur Boruc has no chance of going up whatsoever, and evem has a chance to go down.

One more thing, I don't see why you say David James, Robinson, Jaaskelainen is rated unfairly because they are all regulars for their team, played more than Boruc, so I don't see why Boruc should be rated as much as them

Here are the stats for Boruc in the SPL

12 Starts

1095 Minutes

1 Yellow Card

He Could've Gotten

20 Starts

1821 Minutes

So I see that he has only gotten over 60% of the possible play time, not enough. Just to compare with the keepers you mentioned above.

David James

21 Starts

1904 Minutes

2 Yellow Cards

100% of Possible Game Time Played

Paul Robinson

19 Starts

1724 Minutes

Over 90% of Possible Game Time Played

Dida

No Comment, he should be an 89

Jaaskelainen

21 Starts

1909 Minutes

100% of P.G.T.P

Hildebrand

8 Starts

727 Minutes

Hildebrand has less time for Boruc but remember that Hildebrand has to compete with Canizares and now, when Cani leaves, he will get the spot all to himself, so I think that he might go down to 91 but Boruc has to be at least one less than him still.[/quote']

I tend to agree with 80% ofthe things you say but your way off here Boruc is in the top ten goalkeepers in Europe performace wise over a 2 year period wow ! champions league performances nothing short of Peter Schmichael himself.

Either way I don't think he will get a 92 unless he moves but i think he more than warrents it especially if you are comparing him to the other keepers mentioned that are 92-3.