PeteFromLeeds

Soccerwiki taking longer than usual?

I've just come back to all of this from a year's break - back when I used Soccerwiki regularly I could suggest a change, and within 2/3 days a decision would have been made. I made an 'edit' on 1st December and it's still being voted on? Is this a regular thing now?

On 14/03/2018 at 2:40 PM, PeteFromLeeds said:

Hi, there are some edits I made three months ago that are still in the 'voting' period - is this just bad luck? I know some edits in the past never got accepted (or even rejected) so I'm just a little concerned.

Its just gone to Shizzle right now.

What edits are they - as some will never be resolved - IE stadium edits, manager edits. I have some from 2013 still waiting. I deleted them

1 hour ago, -JMH- said:

Its just gone to Shizzle right now.

What edits are they - as some will never be resolved - IE stadium edits, manager edits. I have some from 2013 still waiting. I deleted them

Didn't someone say that public edits on there mean nothing? That they're only there to make people think they're contributing, but really it makes no difference to anything? I don't know either way, but the updates are sooooo slow.

The vast majority of them (about 50 or 60) all got accepted on the same day about a week ago. There's still a couple I'm waiting on and I suspect the edits I've made since will take another few months.

And I've got some stadium/team edits pending from 2013 as well, one even got accepted but never came to fruition.

On 31/03/2018 at 12:20 AM, Kev said:

Didn't someone say that public edits on there mean nothing? That they're only there to make people think they're contributing, but really it makes no difference to anything? I don't know either way, but the updates are sooooo slow.

No, the 'edit rating' buttons that have been there in several different forms. Never had any impact, have appeared as different formats ie drop down menu where could pick a number but now its just 'suggest a change' They should just do away with it, its misleading.

The public edits are in full effect, just see the number of submitted edits, climbing to around 4000+

Its now down to 1300ish, so progress is being made. 

The public edits drive alot of the database, its just very frustrating when the transfer windows open - SW just cannot handle the quality work some users are putting in

On 31/03/2018 at 12:44 PM, PeteFromLeeds said:

The vast majority of them (about 50 or 60) all got accepted on the same day about a week ago. There's still a couple I'm waiting on and I suspect the edits I've made since will take another few months.

And I've got some stadium/team edits pending from 2013 as well, one even got accepted but never came to fruition.

Has been a bit of movement recently, hopefully yours are going through

Stadium edits, manager changes, club submissions i gave up on. Same, some since 2013 stuck there. I just deleted them