lukelufc

Help With Deal(s) Thread...

Re: Help With Deal(s) Thread...

Fair enough. Sure' date=' there's not as many formations with 5 at the back, but that doesn't mean that they're not important. If suddenly they were removed it would be silly. I sometimes you the 541, especially when playing higher rated teams.

[b']They are less important as there are used less.[/b]

Nice work not bolding the phrase that made the point valid. Try putting a player with DEF in a formation with 5 at the back, like 541. Then do the same with a player with just CB. There's no difference!

Really? Picking up on the fact I didn't embolden something just shows you know I'm right. My point is valid with or without a bit of emboldened text :rolleyes: I've also already said that in 5 at the back Def doesnt work but also pointed out it is more useful in 10 more positions so this counter argument you're putting forward is no existant.

Yeah, Bayern looked really good at the weekend :rolleyes:

Ivanovic would have played every game this season if it wasn't for injury. He isn't even old! Terry will be retiring in the not-so-distant future, and then Ivanovic will be Chelsea's main CB. Luiz is far to irrational to be considered starting every game at the moment.

One bad game doesnt make a bad team but if we look at Chelsea's recent form you might wanna not criticise Bayern's :P also never said Ivanovic was old said he will not hold down a starting role with Cahil and Luiz about in future.

Neuer hasn't been great at Bayern. The only amazing defender at Bayern is Lahm. Chelsea have three, Terry, Cole and Ivanovic. Admittedly Gomez and Robben are good, but Ribery isn't as good anymore. Schweiny is playing alright, but players like Tymoschuk, Rafinha and Bastuber let the side down. Upfront Chelsea have two of the best forwards in the world, although one isn't exactly in form. Drogba would terrorise ANY defence, he's better than Gomez IMO. Torres of course is fantastic, just not at the moment. On the wings Mata is pure class, not as good as Robben but better than Ribery. In the centre, I'd rather have Lampard, Essien and Ramires than Schweiny, Tymoschuk and Kroos. Bayern have been dropping a lot of points lately as well, they lost against Mochengladbach the other week. Chelsea have drawn a lot, but then again they played Man Utd, whereas Bayern have been playing Wolfsburg, Hamburg and Mochengladbach.

Terry is no longer amazing Ivanovic isnt either. Ivanovic is a good defender I havent said he isnt.

Also you are selecting the wrong players from Bayern deliberately

Bayern Play Schweiny Kroos Ribery Robben and Muller in there midfield when all are fit. That is much better then Chelsea. Also I know i'd much rather Schweiny who's closer to 95 then Essien in my midfield. I'd much rather Muller then Lampard and i'd much rather Kroos then Ramires. These all play in the same role for their club. Drogba isnt as good as he used to be 2 years ago I would agree and Torres hasnt played well for 2 years thats not poor form he's not a top striker anymore.

Sure, but Vidic plays for Serbia, and he's rated 96 :)

Vidic is a great defender though :P Ivanovic isnt.

That's like me saying Messi plays for Argentina so every Argentinian is great.

Understanding of the ratings system? I don't know whether to take that as an insult or not.

Then you wont understand the ratings system ;)

The fact that a player is surrounded by higher rated ones makes it more likely for him to rise. For example, if a Polish player moves to the English league and plays at the same level of football for him, and the same for the team, for arguments sake he went from Lech Poznan to West Ham, and he was rated 77 playing with defenders rated in he eighties, he would get a rise, even if he wasn't playing any better than in Poland. This would be because he'd be playing with higher rated players, and it would be silly to have one player rated lower just because he hasn't always played in that league. That is of course a hypothetical situation, but it always happens. Look at Oriol Romeu, or Pedro. They've rose a lot because they're playing with higher rated players. Pedro could play at the same individual standard in the Spanish second division for Cartagena and would be rated at least 7 lower.

But Ivanovic is already 92. He deserved to get his 92 at the time but is no where near the standard of football that got him that 92. Just because he's in a good team (arguably good) doesnt mean he deserves a 93 for playing in a team 4th in the prem. Oriol Romeu deserved his rise and Pedro did at the time too. They both were contributing massively to their clubs at the time. Romeu was Chelseas best player in the games before the review so obviously deserved to be more then 84. And Pedro was a big part of a Champions League and La Liga winning team so deserved his rise too ofc now he's not a bg part he's not a big player and doesn't deserve it much like Ivanovic isn't a big part of Chelsea who havent had any success to warrant a rise.

I was comparing two players who play in the same position. I think you've over analysed the significance of it. I was merely saying I'd rather have a player rated 2 points higher with a more well known example. Of course you'd have Iniesta, he's rated 97 rather than 95.

Im not overanalysing it you deliberately chose those two players. You chose an obvious great talent and a talent 99% of people feel doesn't deserve his 95. You did it to attempt to strengthen a weak argument

No intention on the overrated part. Ribery simply plays for one of the clubs in question, so I thought it would be appropriate to pick him. Boateng doesn't play in the same position as Ivanovic? What? They're both defenders, both play at centre back too. Lahm got a position change to LB/RB last year, because he was playing at LB more than RB, where Boateng sometimes played, and Ivanovic aslo plays at RB.

Boateng isnt the same position as Ivanovic he's a DEF not CB/RB which I have already shown to be a big difference in the amount of positions available to play in 10 more in all formations.

Yet again, you've over analysed my point.

I could have picked any two players rated two apart. But I chose two well known, decent players, one of which plays for the same club as Boateng.

Not over analysing its called picking you up on a weak point

So am I.

I lied I had to respond to that

10 positions... i mean characters

Diego Capel' date=' Aiden Mcgeady or Sessegnon?[/quote']

Well im personally a fan of McGeady but his move to russia was a career ender. He should have gone to a PL club even a low one.

Tbh i'd go for Sessegnon. He's playing very well recently at a revitalised club whereas the other two are either at a bad club or less talented.

Sessegnon is finally showing why he was bought to the club and is showing his great dribbling ability and eye for goal.

Well im personally a fan of McGeady but his move to russia was a career ender. He should have gone to a PL club even a low one.

Tbh i'd go for Sessegnon. He's playing very well recently at a revitalised club whereas the other two are either at a bad club or less talented.

Sessegnon is finally showing why he was bought to the club and is showing his great dribbling ability and eye for goal.

I'd second this....Capel should not even be considered, McGeady has wasted himself in Russia....could see him doing well under O'Neill at Sunderland funnily enough, seems like his type of player

But Sessegnon is definitely your best bet here.

Cheers - Repped

Wilshere' date='Romelu Lukaku,Thiago Alcantra,Ericksen,Lamela,Munain Iker or Shaqiri?

Rank in Order of preference =D[/quote']

Wilshere

Thiago

Eriksen

Munian

Shaqiri

Lamela

Lukaku

it's close between Thigao Eriksen and Munian

Wilshere' date='Romelu Lukaku,Thiago Alcantra,Ericksen,Lamela,Munain Iker or Shaqiri?

1-Wilshere

2.Thiago

3.Eriksen

4.Muniain

5.Shaqiri

6.Lamela

7.Lukaku

1:Thiago

2:Wilshere

3:Muniain

4:Ericksen

5:Shaqiri

6:Lamela

7:Lukaku

that would be my order of preference

Thiago

Shaqiri

Muniain

Lukaku

Lamela

Eriksen

Wilshere

Wilshere at the bottom..Surprise =O

a Move to a bigger club is on the cards for Eriksen aswell

while Thiago faces tough competition getting a regular spot in the barca lineup for a long time =S

I have just bid for James McClean and i don't envisage having any competition for his signature. Now i have seen him play a few times this season and he never fails to impress me and i do think he could be a very very good player, i am wanting to know what people think his rating could be in the next changes? is he worthy of a +7 max?

should i swap RVP for Benzema? new wc

Why swap one of the world's most inform players, who is more versatile, higher rated, and just rose - for a player who competes against Higuain for a starting spot?

I really wouldn't.

Why swap one of the world's most inform players' date=' who is more versatile, higher rated, and just rose - for a player who competes against Higuain for a starting spot?

I really wouldn't.[/quote']

cheers guys doubtd myself tbh bit tired :)

should i swap RVP for Benzema? new wc

I'd keep Van Persie he's in such great form worthy of a 95 (though I doubt he'll rise again.)

I have just bid for James McClean and i don't envisage having any competition for his signature. Now i have seen him play a few times this season and he never fails to impress me and i do think he could be a very very good player' date=' i am wanting to know what people think his rating could be in the next changes? is he worthy of a +7 max?[/quote']

I've posted before about McClean. I think he'll be a good PL winger but not a top top talent. He simply wont move to a good enough club to become a top player.

I think he'll be a solid winger for the future but not a great player. I would say a rise of +5-7 is fair enough for him. He should only rise to 85 if Oxlade Chamberlain rises higher then him.

Put it this way at a better club McClean would have a shot at being 90 but he'll be stuck at Sunderland for his career. He wont move to a top club like Man U, City, Arsenal, Tottenham Liverpool etc.

I'd keep Van Persie he's in such great form worthy of a 95 (though I doubt he'll rise again.)

I've posted before about McClean. I think he'll be a good PL winger but not a top top talent. He simply wont move to a good enough club to become a top player.

I think he'll be a solid winger for the future but not a great player. I would say a rise of +5-7 is fair enough for him. He should only rise to 85 if Oxlade Chamberlain rises higher then him.

Put it this way at a better club McClean would have a shot at being 90 but he'll be stuck at Sunderland for his career. He wont move to a top club like Man U' date=' City, Arsenal, Tottenham Liverpool etc.[/quote']

yeah i remember having this debate with you, mainly one of consistency, as obviously he is new to the first team, so he needs to prove himself. definitely worth buying purely as a riser to make a quick buck, he would never get anywhere near most of my first teams however i am still going to watch his career with interest.

yeah i remember having this debate with you' date=' mainly one of consistency, as obviously he is new to the first team, so he needs to prove himself. definitely worth buying purely as a riser to make a quick buck, he would never get anywhere near most of my first teams however i am still going to watch his career with interest.[/quote']

If you want to make a quick bit of profit off him he's a great riser to have like you say.

But I wouldnt be getting him with any sort of hope for a dazzling future (according to my crystal ball :P )

1:Thiago

2:Wilshere

3:Muniain

4:Ericksen

5:Shaqiri

6:Lamela

7:Lukaku

that would be my order of preference

This would be my order for this as well. Eriksen, Shaqiri and Lamela are all fairly similar in talent and you could move any three of those around but the rest are all in the order i would as well.

Oh and RVP or Benzema? Take RVP all day long. It shouldn't be a contest.

If you want to make a quick bit of profit off him he's a great riser to have like you say.

But I wouldnt be getting him with any sort of hope for a dazzling future (according to my crystal ball :P )

just to put a slant on his ability, if he was raved about like AOC and Neymar, do you think people's perception of him would be different? you know how many people on here get swept away by hype (not that i am saying AOC or Neymar are over rated or hyped just purely using them as an example)

Like Pedro at Barca, when he first came on the scene he was being raved about as a world beater by many.

I guess the point i am making is could he be better than people are giving him credit for? I hope not i hate Sunderland lol

just to put a slant on his ability' date=' if he was raved about like AOC and Neymar, do you think people's perception of him would be different? you know how many people on here get swept away by hype (not that i am saying AOC or Neymar are over rated or hyped just purely using them as an example)

Like Pedro at Barca, when he first came on the scene he was being raved about as a world beater by many.[/quote']

I think if he were at a bigger club he would always have a chance to hit 90. But look at it this way Adam Johnson who I would argue is a similar player to Mc Clean is only 89 and I'd say he's better.

I think AOC is a much better player then Mc Clean but i've been following AOC's career for 3 years now so have a very good idea of his talent and potential (IMO 90+ for sure). Neymar is overhyped till he moves to europe its all fancy flicks and skills that are useless in a big league.

I completely agree in different circumstances he might have been a big player. But I dont see him making it big. I see him giving years of quality service to Sunderland (who he is very grateful to be with). But no big club in England will sign him and so his rating will not soar as it might if he were at Arsenal.

He has talent but he's not at a great club to improve further.