Help With Deal(s) Thread...

lukelufc

Re: Help With Deal(s) Thread...

just got this offer in gc61 what should i do Newcastle United have made an offer to Wigan Athletic for Lee CATTERMOLE of £2' date='000,000 plus Alan SMITH and Joey BARTON[/quote']

If you're the one who's got Cattermole, that's a definate no deal. Cattermole had a very impressive showing at the recent Under-21 Championships in Sweden for England. He is a consistent starter for Wigan and, at 21, is young enough to progress as an all-round player. Currently rated 87, he could achieve a rise to 88 at some point this season if Wigan perform well. However, it could be a difficult season with Roberto Martinez at the helm - someone who has no previous experience of EPL management.

The two players offered in this deal have nowhere near the same potential as Cattermole does. Smith, once tipped to be great player, has seen his career slowly go downhill ever since he left Leeds. He's been blighted by injuries, poor form and a poor attitude at Newcastle and I can't see many clubs vying for his signature this summer. Barton, rated 85 like Smith, is the perennial bad-boy of English football. Most managers won't touch him with a barge pole, so much is the trouble that he causes, so expect him to stay in the Championship next season.

This is a GC - you should not be even contemplating poor offers like these.

also been offerd a trade i pay 3M pluss that player for manchester united cm scoless

I'm not sure I understand? You pay £3m + Cattermole to get Paul Scholes? If this is the deal, again, I wouldn't do it. For a start, it might not go through, such is the deminishing value of Scholes thanks to his age. Yes, Scholes is rated 92 and Cattermole is only 87, but the ginger ninga is 34 now - he's certainly no spring chicken. Scholes will probably retire after the season or the season afterwards and he could see his rating go down to 90-91, if not lower, before that.

Cattermole is a good, young, English central midfielder, and there aren't many of them about right now. You want to be keeping on to him at all costs, at least until a half-decent bid arrives.

If you're the one who's got Cattermole' date=' that's a definate no deal. Cattermole had a very impressive showing at the recent Under-21 Championships in Sweden for England. He is a consistent starter for Wigan and, at 21, is young enough to progress as an all-round player. Currently rated 87, he could achieve a rise to 88 at some point this season if Wigan perform well. However, it could be a difficult season with Roberto Martinez at the helm - someone who has no previous experience of EPL management.

The two players offered in this deal have nowhere near the same potential as Cattermole does. Smith, once tipped to be great player, has seen his career slowly go downhill ever since he left Leeds. He's been blighted by injuries, poor form and a poor attitude at Newcastle and I can't see many clubs vying for his signature this summer. Barton, rated 85 like Smith, is the perennial bad-boy of English football. Most managers won't touch him with a barge pole, so much is the trouble that he causes, so expect him to stay in the Championship next season.

This is a GC - you should not be even contemplating poor offers like these.

I'm not sure I understand? You pay £3m + Cattermole to get Paul Scholes? If this is the deal, again, I wouldn't do it. For a start, it might not go through, such is the deminishing value of Scholes thanks to his age. Yes, Scholes is rated 92 and Cattermole is only 87, but the ginger ninga is 34 now - he's certainly no spring chicken. Scholes will probably retire after the season or the season afterwards and he could see his rating go down to 90-91, if not lower, before that.

Cattermole is a good, young, English central midfielder, and there aren't many of them about right now. You want to be keeping on to him at all costs, at least until a half-decent bid arrives.[/quote']

thanks for the tip i have offerd him to them for a 87 and a 86 if thay try offing somtink ells then i will have to pull out but thanks for the tip and if wigan dont play him in there first 5 games then i will have to get rid sharpish.

Buying Juan Forlin for £9m in one of the new GCs. Is it worth it?

Definate deal. Forlin is one of the brightest talents in Argentina and he has already represented Argentina's senior side. He could leave Boca this summer' date=' such is his talent recognised in Europe, although I doubt Boca will relinquish his services easily. If and when Forlin does make the move to Europe, he is sure to reach 90+, providing he makes the right career moves.

thanks for the tip i have offerd him to them for a 87 and a 86 if thay try offing somtink ells then i will have to pull out but thanks for the tip and if wigan dont play him in there first 5 games then i will have to get rid sharpish.

I never said that Wigan won't play him - he's a guarenteed starter in my book, despite the new manager coming in. I really can't see Martinez leaving him out, and he'd be foolish to do so. I know you said you need depth, but I would really shy away from offering Cattermole to other clubs.

Here 1Roy Keane ' date=' Id Do It , Alan And Joey Do Sell For A Good Bit On The Transfer List !!:D[/quote']

I am gesing you are newcastle and like that over manager has pointed out he is the best english young cm right now with a bright fucher 12M+Smith+Barton might be a ok offer

I am gesing you are newcastle and like that over manager has pointed out he is the best english young cm right now with a bright fucher 12M+Smith+Barton might be a ok offer

Lol Definitely Do It , , , , It Says In Your Post 2m + J.B n A.S

Lol I Said Ok To That ,

Its a Definite Yes To 12m n J.B n A.S :D:D:D :L :L

Straight swap Gerrard for Aguero.

I have Aguero

Hmm, tough one, but I'd probably do it. Gerrard's the best all-round midfielder in the world in my opinion and his 97-rating justifies that. He won't drop this season or in the near future, unless unforeseen circumstances arise, such as a long-term, career threatening injury or a drastic turn of poor form by Gerrard and/or Liverpool. Aguero, for me, has reached his peak until he moves from Atletico. Yes, he's a great player with potential to go further in terms of SM rating, but in some senses he was lucky to keep his 94 last season as Forlan was the one who was the real star striker last season.

So yeh, providing you have adequate cover in the CF position, then getting Gerrard would be a good deal in my view.

Chivu and Motta for my Van Der Vaart ?

Real Madrid GC61

seems fair to me :)

While I'm here does anyone know anything about Oleg Ivanov of Krylia Sovetov, And should I pay £8m for him in GC 61 with £8m using up most of the remainder of my budget? B)