lukelufc

Help With Deal(s) Thread...

Re: Help With Deal(s) Thread...

Volland for Mario Suarez/Alderweireld+Jose Gimenez ?

Competitive GW' date=' I'm left side, ratings are important:

Is Volland likely to rise anytime soon?

Thanks in adv.[/quote']

Volland is 89/90 material. I think a rise would be premature. I don't expect it. He needs to move to go much beyond 90 after that, that brings a lot of unknowns for his career. He has fierce international competition also.

Gimenez has good potential and played a lot for Uruguay at the W/Cup, he's a nice addition.

Suarez is a solid 90 obviously used in rotation at Atletico, decent addition in a competitive game-world.

Alderweireld is the only part I struggle with. He's playing more at So'ton but I really don't see his rating doing much more any time soon.

There's no doubt it's a good offer for Volland, especially if Suarez and Alderweireld would aid your first team. If you're feeling cheeky you could try for someone better than Alderweireld if possible/appropriate. If not you're more than justified to accept.

Klaasen or Remy

I think Remy is worth more but there's no doubt Klaasen is the better long-term option with good potential. Remy is unlikely to rise but it's hard to reason an 86/87 for a stable 90.

It's a funny one and as such so is my conclusion. I'd keep Remy unless the offer was improved. But if Klaasen was mine I would not go to any great effort to acquire Remy tbh' date=' I'd look at better targets.

Sandro (Porto) or Baines???

Sandro is much younger and has potential to surpass Baines. He isn't far away from the Brazilian national team and his domestic team is much stronger with far superior European pedigree. Easily Sandro.

Gianluigi Buffon? Should i buy him? will he keep his rating?

I already have hugo lloris but got quite a bit of spare money lying around which i am not going spend on anyone. Buffon is available for £15 mil. Money is not at issue for me and would happily spend that on him if he keeps his rating for around 6 months . So should i do it?

Sandro (Porto) or Baines???

Easily Sandro. Baines is way over hyped due to the Moyes style suited him perfectly.... Under Martinez he looks just above average & for England a liability. Sandro has a much higher ceiling.

I already have hugo lloris but got quite a bit of spare money lying around which i am not going spend on anyone. Buffon is available for £15 mil. Money is not at issue for me and would happily spend that on him if he keeps his rating for around 6 months . So should i do it?

Yeah do it. He should be safe & a good upgrade rating wise.

Just signed a new deal with Juve and will keep his rating.

If money isn't an issue and it's just spare money your using then what does it matter anyway.

Just signed a new deal with Juve and will keep his rating.

If money isn't an issue and it's just spare money your using then what does it matter anyway.

I'm not sure he'll keep it. He's not a 94 keeper IMO anymore.

When you look at Courtois 92, De Gea 91 etc Buffon will probably drop 1 or 2 in the near future.

He's still an absolute steal though and I'd definitely pick him up!

I'm not sure he'll keep it. He's not a 94 keeper IMO anymore.

When you look at Courtois 92' date=' De Gea 91 etc Buffon will probably drop 1 or 2 in the near future.

He's still an absolute steal though and I'd definitely pick him up![/quote']

In 6 months?

I'm pretty certain he will keep his 94 rating in that time frame. Juve are top again this year and he hasn't gotten any worse over the last year.

He may drop in the future, I don't think that will happen in the immediate future though.

I do get what your pointing at with regards to Courtois and De Gea but I would say it is more the case of bringing up their ratings to match Buffon rather than bringing Buffon down to their ratings.

To clarify for OP.

Will Buffon keep 94 for the foreseeable future? Yes

Is he over-rated on SM? Yes (but so are many others which are safe)

So fundamentally all the advice above is correct.

Should you buy him? Personally I'd prefer to just play Lloris so he doesn't get concerns. He is going to be your long-term option. I'm not convinced a 94 GK will perform better than a 92 necessarily, other tactical factors are more important.

IMO concern management should be your main consideration.

BUT

I can fully understand the arguments for buying Buffon however considering your brief and when cash is given such little value. Your only concern is Buffon retaining 94, which he will.

Firmino + Schurrle or Rakitic?

If depth is required the duo are not a bad offer. I'm thinking Gold Champs or competitive game-worlds where 90s are hard to acquire.

Firmino has an outside chance to rise but would likely need a move to rise much more after, this brings some unknowns admittedly. He's a good talent though. Schurrle is struggling to feature at Chelsea due to other's form, he's still a quality player just in a difficult situation. He's still a big part of the German set-up and was crucial to their W/Cup at times too. Atm it's not too much of a problem but eventually he'll need more games (he's being linked to Dortmund as part of a Reus deal, who knows) I don't think his rating will hit major heights now, possibly one more rise if he finds himself in a better situation in future.

If depth is not an issue I would keep Rakitic who is currently higher rated and also the most likely to rise at Barca, a far better platform and situation for his rating to flourish. He could conceivably be a future 94.

CISSÉ' date=' Papiss or GOMIS, Bafétimbi[/quote']

Tough one. Gomis I believe is the better player but obviously Bony's back-up. Cisse you'd think is now Newcastle's main striker but Perez's form has kept him out recently.

I'm edging towards Gomis as he always looks a threat whereas Cisse can go through appalling spells. Do not be surprised if Gomis dropped if his position as back-up continued however. I'm kind of viewing his higher rating as a 'short-term bonus' though so I'm still considering a possible drop when picking him. Who knows Bony could leave giving him a clear path making it a clear decision.