Help With Deal(s) Thread...

lukelufc

Re: Help With Deal(s) Thread...

Hummels or Marquinhos and Verratti?

Personally I feel Hummels.

He's a world champion with Germany and arguably one of the best CB's in the game.

As much as Marquinhos has potential to be a great why risk it when you have a ready made great CB?

Verratti also for me does not offer enough in this deal to make it worthwhile' date=' both are good players but not at the level of Hummels yet who is one of the most valuable CB's in the game right now.

Jovetic or Lukaku?

Tough one, for me I'd go marginally with Lukaku.

The difference of 1 rating is inconsequential really but Lukaku has the potential to be a top striker in the mould of Drogba.

Admittedly he's not had the greatest of starts so far but neither has Jovo so based on potential and long term resale value I'd go for Lukaku.

Jovetic or Lukaku?

I would personally take a punt on Lukaku seen he is still so young. Jovetic hasn't really impressed me since he's joined City' date=' he also seems quite injury prone. I really don't see him rising much more beyond 92.

Despite a slow start to the season Lukaku is a good few years younger than jovetic, is more guaranteed to play (despite being on a weaker platform at Everton) has more experience and better history in the Premiership despite being so young. The Belgium national team's performances may also help.

Lukaku is a bit of a gamble but the potential rewards could be much greater. Jovetic isn't that much better rated for me to not take that gamble.

Hummels or Marquinhos and Verratti?

Dortmund's form could put pay to Hummels rising which I would have been more confident of after the W/Cup. It's worth bearing in mind that a rise isn't out of the question though. It would have to take two world class prospects for me to sell him...

Marquinhos is arguably only behind Varane when it comes to defensive prospects in the world. He could be that good. Verratti is a top prospect in his own right also. The only world-class prospect Italy has atm which I can think of. They really are two of the best talents in world football.

I'm in it for the long-haul which makes the duo a good deal for someone like me despite Hummels' clear quality.

Re: Respuesta: Help With Deal(s) Thread...

Jovetic or Lukaku?

Would take a risk on Jovetic. He is unlikely to stay at City too long as a squad player so will break through or find his way to one of the big Italian sides... Totti seemed to be flirting recently. Lukaku with a 30m fee is stuck at Everton probably longterm which SM rating wise is not good.

Also who you buy...

Khedeira

Verratti

Lucas Moura?

Could someone rank and explain why for me :)

1) Verratti - I'm fairly confident he is the top choice. He's one of the best prospects in the world let alone CM. His potential could be huge. I previously stated in my last post I can't think of any other prospects of his quality that Italy possess. He could be the focal point of that national team for many years to come. His greater consistency puts him above Lucas for me.

NB: European players also have a longer shelf life than their South American counterparts.

2) Lucas - I fully accept this could be up for debate and I can't say with any assurances he will ever be rated higher than Khedira but his form has picked up this season with being nearly ever-present and goals being added to his repertoire; he has so much undeniable ability. The opportunity is also there for him to become a major factor for Brazil.

When it comes to young prospects vs solid better rated players close to their peak I do tend to favour the youngster as the rewards could be so much greater. There is of course an element of risk with this approach however. If the risk is looked at here though it's a CM pretty much peaked at 92... a risk worth taking IMO.

If CM was a particular concern for my team that may swing it to Khedira, the above is said 'all being equal'.

I would look to acquire Verratti and Lucas if they were available wherever possible.

3) Khedira - He's the logical choice in many respects and it wouldn't surprise me if some people put him first. But age and the fact he's probably peaked whilst the lack of assurances about being a starter (be it Real or Bayern if recent reports are to be believed) means he is not in a strong enough position which, for me, he needs to be in to warrant being chosen over such top prospects. Unlike the others you know what you're going to get to a more definite extent but as I say I think it's not an unreasonable gamble to make.

1) Verratti - I'm fairly confident he is the top choice. He's one of the best prospects in the world let alone CM. His potential could be huge. I previously stated in my last post I can't think of any other prospects of his quality that Italy possess. He could be the focal point of that national team for many years to come. His greater consistency puts him above Lucas for me.

NB: European players also have a longer shelf life than their South American counterparts.

2) Lucas - I fully accept this could be up for debate and I can't say with any assurances he will ever be rated higher than Khedira but his form has picked up this season with being nearly ever-present and goals being added to his repertoire; he has so much undeniable ability. The opportunity is also there for him to become a major factor for Brazil.

When it comes to young prospects vs solid better rated players close to their peak I do tend to favour the youngster as the rewards could be so much greater. There is of course an element of risk with this approach however. If the risk is looked at here though it's a CM pretty much peaked at 92... a risk worth taking IMO.

If CM was a particular concern for my team that may swing it to Khedira' date=' the above is said 'all being equal'.

I would look to acquire Verratti and Lucas if they were available wherever possible.

3) Khedira - He's the logical choice in many respects and it wouldn't surprise me if some people put him first. But age and the fact he's probably peaked whilst the lack of assurances about being a starter (be it Real or Bayern if recent reports are to be believed) means he is not in a strong enough position which, for me, he needs to be in to warrant being chosen over such top prospects. Unlike the others you know what you're going to get to a more definite extent but as I say I think it's not an unreasonable gamble to make.[/quote']

Thanks mate :)

Just to give you some context my current CM's are;

De Rossi, Carrick, Witsel, Herrera, Ward Prowse

Wings are;

Ribery, Robben, Vela, Januzaj

With that in mind who would you say the best investment is.

Khedeira would push Carrick for a starting spot (I'm worried he might drop), Verrati would be a nice young potential star and better than the current crop coming through but do you think he can rise soon?

Lucas would be a nice young winger to have but I must admit I've not tracked his progress much this season.

Thanks mate :)

Just to give you some context my current CM's are;

De Rossi' date=' Carrick, Witsel, Herrera, Ward Prowse

Wings are;

Ribery, Robben, Vela, Januzaj

With that in mind who would you say the best investment is.

Khedeira would push Carrick for a starting spot (I'm worried he might drop), Verrati would be a nice young potential star and better than the current crop coming through but do you think he can rise soon?

Lucas would be a nice young winger to have but I must admit I've not tracked his progress much this season.[/quote']

I think Carrick will be ok although stranger things have happened. Khedira would be a starter for you admittedly but you have Witsel as well as Carrick. The potential one rating point difference is negligible (IF Carrick drops)

Tbh seeing your squad only reaffirms my thoughts. You don't possess prospects of Verratti's class in CM nor Lucas out wide (Lucas would be a big long-term aid to you. I rate him higher than Vela whilst the Bayern guys are obviously aging, there's even a strong case to pursue him as a priority)

So I would press ahead with both if you can possibly. I'd keep De Rossi and Herrera but the rest of the CMs are game to be sold IMO. Keeping Witsel would be desirable but his rating is going nowhere so he's not irreplaceable by any means. If it came to Verratti vs Witsel for example it's an easy choice.

If your budget is tight and only one is going to be an option, I personally couldn't pass up the opportunity to sign Verratti.

EDIT: Verratti won't rise imminently I don't feel but he has a shout by the end of the season if he keeps up his game-time and so long as PSG have a decent Champs League and domestic season that should aid it a lot.

I need to sell two or three of the following, but I'm not an avid Barca B viewer so I have no idea who:

Joan Roman

Frank Bagnack

Alex Grimaldo

Edgar Ie

David Babunski

Gerard Gumbau

Lucas Gafarot

Wilfrid Kaptoum

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could help out. If you think it's worth selling more than two or three then that's fine (in fact, that would be better). I know of Grimaldo and Bagnack, but other than that I have no clue whatsoever on who has Y potential and who has X potential, and soccerway only tells you so much. Thanks in advance :)

Kroos + 10m + Schurrle or Ronaldo?

Ronaldo. As I said to pliniow this morning, he isn't going to be rated below 98 for a long time, whilst the other two mentioned aren't likely to get to his rating. Kroos will likely be the higher rated out of him and Schurrle, and could even get to 97 in the distant future, but for now I'd definitely stick with Ronaldo.

Unless he's not of any use to your team, but I highly doubt that :P

Edit: Unless that £10M could add to your current budget and could buy you a 93/94+?