Sign in to follow this  
ollie-lloyd

Players retiring

Hi, i'm manager of Port Vale and we just won every game in division 5 and are now being promoted to division 4. I received a nice little bank balance for going up. My question is from my squad I have a few players set to retire imminently. Reece Wabara (who I thought at 26 was a safe buy) and the famous Drogba- together the amount to just under 500k which for a club my size is alot of money. Will I receive a compensation package for these 2 guys leaving? Or do I just need to accept its money lost.

Current squad

GK: Nick Pope, Daniel Grimshaw, Mason Springthorpe 

LB: Ashley Cole, Jernaid Meade

CB: Ricardo Carvalho, Ezri Konsa, Reece Wabara (rtd), James Tarkowski, Cristoph Zimmermann

RB: Maicon

CM/CAM: Xavi, Gael Bigirimana, James Maddison,  Hachim Mastour, 

Wingers:  Jordan Sancho, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Andre Green, Alexandre Hleb (TRANSFER LISTED)

ST:   Will Grigg, Jay Simpson, Drogba (rtd), Luis Fabianho (TRANSFER LISTED)

I've seen Nick Pope, Jernaid Meade, Jordan Sancho all increase while with the club and am hoping to see James Maddison, Zimmermann, Wan-Bissaka all increase soon so money isn't an issue I just want to no if I'll get money for the 2 lads leaving.

Thanks in advance :)

10 minutes ago, jbradley16731590 said:

I don't believe you get anything for retirements. Chance you take if you bring in older players.

Ah that sucks, I no a few years ago you got a little sum for them but wasn't sure if it was still the same, happy to lose the 90k for Drogba but Wabara is 26 years old and retiring :(

I may just add Maicon to my transfer list of ageing veterans Hleb and Fabianho then lol.     Xavi and Carvalho are too good to lose in this league for the money I will get so  they get to stay.

Thanks mate!

2 hours ago, ollie-lloyd said:

Ah that sucks, I no a few years ago you got a little sum for them but wasn't sure if it was still the same, happy to lose the 90k for Drogba but Wabara is 26 years old and retiring :(

I may just add Maicon to my transfer list of ageing veterans Hleb and Fabianho then lol.     Xavi and Carvalho are too good to lose in this league for the money I will get so  they get to stay.

Thanks mate!

You get money if they retire 

12 hours ago, FDTV said:

By the time messi retires, he'll be like Buffon or zlatan's amount lol

Zlatan Ibrahimovich absolute legend done it everywhere and whilst Messi can be applauded for sticking to the 1 club and should be he'll never get the respect he deserves like CR7 better or not because he has never played outside la liga. 

2 hours ago, S04 said:

Zlatan Ibrahimovich absolute legend done it everywhere and whilst Messi can be applauded for sticking to the 1 club and should be he'll never get the respect he deserves like CR7 better or not because he has never played outside la liga. 

Agreed