Pinkman90

The Wizards of Aus

2 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:

I am really liking this forum team of the turn. Will there be a team of the season and other individual player awards or am I stretching it bit far? 😄

Psychic!! That’s my plan, hopefully a few other bits too.

On 28 April 2018 at 3:12 PM, Pinkman90 said:

BC4B34E9-CCEA-42F4-9542-7A3178BC79A0.jpeg.4d4bef24c3c76feb42c877ccfb9efc48.jpeg

Manager- Bart

Flop- T.Hiariej

Most TOT Appearances

K.Walker- 5

A.Aduriz, S.Niguez, A.Barzagli, J.Kimmich- 4

Player of the Turn

C.Immobile- 2

Manager of the Turn

Thumbs Up- 3

Bart, Filippo Inzaghi- 2

Flop of the Turn

A.Durante, D.Calabria- 2

Love this new total achievements. But please no more praise for IMMOBILE 

Monreal and Aduriz again. Performing well all season long. Hopefully, they can stay on this level for a long time. 

Adelaide finally lost a game. It was just a matter of time with so many draws. Someone had to give that extra factor. And guess what, Aduriz deliveres

17 hours ago, Middle_Finger said:

Meanwhile the curse continues. Even SM isn't allowing IMMOBILE to take the field. 😢😥😪😭🤕

Wait for his upgrade, maybe he will unblock himself after that

So... we’re at the halfway mark and it’s been a cracking season so far!

The squads are all unique but looking strong and there’s plenty of market action to come in the next week or so I’m sure. 

Weve had a couple of managerial casualty’s but those who have stayed, I thank you and those who have joined have actually made the managerial line up a better one! 

So what’s happened so far? Well Bart is making a sprint towards becoming our first Wizards of Aus champion and Thumbs looks to be the only person who can stop him. 

Much will depend on whether Ciro Immobile can continue his incredible form which has seen him move to clear favourite in the race for the golden boot after scoring 12 in 16.

Sterling and Saul are our main creators registering 7 assists each so far and Aduriz has picked up more man of the match awards than anybody!

Owen has steadied the ship at Central Coast Mariners but still looks like the only team that could Finnish the season with less points than new man Shankly Gates’ Wellington Phoenix. Both have work to do, as do I! 

Everything else is up for grabs with only a few points separating the rest. Congratulations to Mr.Inzaghi on claiming the first piece of silverware in the set-up and good luck to Stephen and Damian in their final.

As I mentioned on the feed, there’s gonna be a few interviews coming up soon so keep an eye out for them.

Hope your enjoying it here and if there’s anything else I could do to make the set up more interesting then I’m always open to ideas.

Love you all! 

6EAA06CE-C655-4F14-88A0-9CC8B676F38D.jpeg.0290e26c895454956c7f84f9941865a1.jpeg

10 hours ago, Pinkman90 said:

So... we’re at the halfway mark and it’s been a cracking season so far!

The squads are all unique but looking strong and there’s plenty of market action to come in the next week or so I’m sure. 

Weve had a couple of managerial casualty’s but those who have stayed, I thank you and those who have joined have actually made the managerial line up a better one! 

So what’s happened so far? Well Bart is making a sprint towards becoming our first Wizards of Aus champion and Thumbs looks to be the only person who can stop him. 

Much will depend on whether Ciro Immobile can continue his incredible form which has seen him move to clear favourite in the race for the golden boot after scoring 12 in 16.

Sterling and Saul are our main creators registering 7 assists each so far and Aduriz has picked up more man of the match awards than anybody!

Owen has steadied the ship at Central Coast Mariners but still looks like the only team that could Finnish the season with less points than new man Shankly Gates’ Wellington Phoenix. Both have work to do, as do I! 

Everything else is up for grabs with only a few points separating the rest. Congratulations to Mr.Inzaghi on claiming the first piece of silverware in the set-up and good luck to Stephen and Damian in their final.

As I mentioned on the feed, there’s gonna be a few interviews coming up soon so keep an eye out for them.

Hope your enjoying it here and if there’s anything else I could do to make the set up more interesting then I’m always open to ideas.

Love you all! 

6EAA06CE-C655-4F14-88A0-9CC8B676F38D.jpeg.0290e26c895454956c7f84f9941865a1.jpeg

You could have mentioned 3 out of top 5 scorers come from Newcastle Jets. Otherwise a good write up. 

31 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:

You could have mentioned 3 out of top 5 scorers come from Newcastle Jets. Otherwise a good write up. 

Don’t want to further increase the size of that huge head of yours!

NEWCASTLE JETS' mid-term review:

After half the season gone JETS comfortably sits 2nd with 8 points gap from third. Unfortunately, Melbourne City FC is further 4 points ahead and doesn't look like they will drop many points.

OUTSTANDING PLAYER(S):

IMMOBILE started like there's no tomorrow afternoon bagging 8 goals in first 3 matches(with 2 hattricks). Since then he always found being marked by at least 3 opposition defenders. 

Though this helped JETS' wingers THAUVIN and STERLING to flourish who scored 7 goals each and all three features amongst the top 5 scorers in the league. 

FUTURE PLAN:

JETS' manager THUMBS UP is looking to shake things up for rest of the season meaning many big players will leave despite their great form on the field. However, THUMBS UP is aware that mid season changes may hamper the team spirit and derail their season. Nothing is decided yet but we need to close the gap with 1st at the earliest opportunity.

12 hours ago, Barles said:

So I am probably not the only one struggling with economy... Many Melbourne City FC players will have to leave because of their too big wages

Economy could be changed but will have a vote on it towards the end of the season and see what everyone thinks. Potential to go up 1 or 2 levels

12 minutes ago, Pinkman90 said:

Economy could be changed but will have a vote on it towards the end of the season and see what everyone thinks. Potential to go up 1 or 2 levels

12 hours ago, Barles said:

So I am probably not the only one struggling with economy... Many Melbourne City FC players will have to leave because of their too big wages

That's a good idea. Been on the negative all season. Even cutting down to 23 players didn't help.

Today I met with Mr.Thumbs up to talk football, footballers, The Jets and rivalries! He turned up late, but  was a pleasure to speak to.Here’s the interview in full!

How are you finding the Set-up so far? 

I’m enjoying it, it’s a small gameworld with lots of good managers and features such as Team of the Turn and End of Season awards to keep things interesting.

You seem to have transformed the club and they’re playing some fantastic attacking football and getting results, what’s the secret?

Everyone started on equal footing and nobody had any advantage, looking at the squads, I’m surprised only one team is above me. But hey ho, it’s Thumbs Up!

After chasing him all summer you finally landed Ronaldo! Is he the final piece of your jigsaw?

I was desperate for him from the beginning, so much that I sacrificed bidding for 2nd target Salah who was in turn quickly snapped up! It was an obsession, also to have a shot at the title I needed to improve, and what better way to do it?!

And what was your thinking behind selling the leagues hottest star in Immobile?!

That was a tough one. He started the season incredibly but then blew hot and cold for a while. Also I needed to balance the books after signing Ronaldo and the 2 never quite gelled together. So he had to go.

What does the future hold for the Jets?

The future looks very good, the only flaw atm is that we struggle for a settled team due to finances. Everybody got stronger after the second round of transfers.

Quickfire Q&A

Jets unsung hero- Thauvin

Opposition player you’d love to sign- Asensio

Manager you take most pleasure in beating- Noisy

Next player heading for the exit- Nobody as of now

Message to the fans- We’ll be tripling ticket prices next season, see you then!

So there you have it, straight from the man himself. He’s certainly doing something right but can Ronaldo inspire The Jets to the title. We will have to wait and see!