Sign in to follow this  
haolopes

SM doesn’t care about SM Worlds anymore?

Honestly I think that those who are responsible for the game no longer care about SM Words anymore. Instead of looking for solutions to improve the online game that sucks at the moment (ridiculous and completely random player update system, completely random game engine, etc). Why they lose their focus on SM Worlds that is what made them unique and fun to play and only care about the new SM game that will never be more than a cheap and bad attempt of copy Football Manager? If they do not do something quickly the SM Worlds will die. I've been playing for years and I'm losing interest. I do not know why I waste time writing this because the people responsible for the game will not read this and nothing is going to change...

Why don't they just release the code on Github ?! I'd be happy to help with anything I can (a bit of Javascript/HTML, some .NET if any). And yes, for free. This game is really cool and brings people together. 

I doubt they don't get enough revenue from the "single player" version to afford keeping the website up (especially since I believe the databases are somehow connected - not 100% sure but it would make sense to have the same player base for example; maybe they just have an additional layer over that, for SM Worlds, where they can adjust the ratings and so on, but only for this game).

Damn, I really hate the stupid management decisions (or lack of) for interesting games (that are so few and far apart).

9 hours ago, Crusader2010 said:

Why don't they just release the code on Github ?! I'd be happy to help with anything I can (a bit of Javascript/HTML, some .NET if any). And yes, for free. This game is really cool and brings people together. 

I doubt they don't get enough revenue from the "single player" version to afford keeping the website up (especially since I believe the databases are somehow connected - not 100% sure but it would make sense to have the same player base for example; maybe they just have an additional layer over that, for SM Worlds, where they can adjust the ratings and so on, but only for this game).

Damn, I really hate the stupid management decisions (or lack of) for interesting games (that are so few and far apart).

You should email them and tell them. I wish someone would do something anyway!

11 hours ago, Kev said:

You should email them and tell them. I wish someone would do something anyway!

If they don't bother to at least read the forums, then I won't bother to email them. Any relationship is based on "exchanges". If they don't have the minimum amount of care (i.e. reading THEIR forums), then I can't have my minimum amount of care (i.e. to send an email).