Money becoming Pointless???

Has anybody else realized specifically in the lower World championships (WC 1-200) in the lower English Championships leagues how pointless money has almost become. It seems when the game first started you could buy Ronaldinho for 50M cause at that time for most clubs that seemed like a lot of money but nowadays all the big clubs that hold the majority of the best players, my teams included, have tons of money that even if you offer 90M for a 92 rated player what is the point in accepting it when you already have tons of money. You can't even buy Malouda for 60M in one of the leagues I'm in. The only bargaining chip that any manager can have is his/hers players. And the other team always wants a player of the same value + another good player. I'm not complaining about this cause I'm guilty of it too. But the reason it has come to this is money has become pointless cause you can only buy players with it but when everybody has money who needs to sell their players.

What I'm suggesting is other ways to use money which would increase the value of money in transfers like being able to increase stadium size or buying fitness coaches so your players are less fatigued. Or hiring doctors so your players recover faster then normal. Just any other way that you can use money for other then transfers. Then the game could start to get more realistic, because the money clubs receive for players dont always go to buying other players.

Sorry for the rambling

Re: Money becoming Pointless???

Has anybody else realized specifically in the lower World championships (WC 1-200) in the lower English Championships leagues how pointless money has almost become. It seems when the game first started you could buy Ronaldinho for 50M cause at that time for most clubs that seemed like a lot of money but nowadays all the big clubs that hold the majority of the best players' date=' my teams included, have tons of money that even if you offer 90M for a 92 rated player what is the point in accepting it when you already have tons of money. You can't even buy Malouda for 60M in one of the leagues I'm in. The only bargaining chip that any manager can have is his/hers players. And the other team always wants a player of the same value + another good player. I'm not complaining about this cause I'm guilty of it too. But the reason it has come to this is money has become pointless cause you can only buy players with it but when everybody has money who needs to sell their players.

What I'm suggesting is other ways to use money which would increase the value of money in transfers like being able to increase stadium size or buying fitness coaches so your players are less fatigued. Or hiring doctors so your players recover faster then normal. Just any other way that you can use money for other then transfers. Then the game could start to get more realistic, because the money clubs receive for players dont always go to buying other players.

Sorry for the rambling[/quote']

totally agree with you as i have 70 mill in bank & cant even buty a 91/2 for 50 mill:mad:

The leagues that have been active for sometimes are going to get harder, as have more established managers and all the high rated unmanageable players are going to have sold.

I don't see the issue though, there are always absolutely loads of players who will be the next big thing, more than are ever all tied up in ANY setup, so there is always someone to spend money on. I am not talking long term either, as there are players who are due great increases very very soon.

I don't think signing staff is the solution (but then I don't see a problem). It would be an interesting feature for about a day, as even if you put in staff and rated them it would just be like if they added a load of 90+ rated players in that everyone would just sign them in one night and then you are back to where you were anyway.

At the end of the day, if you don't enjoy the way a setup evolves (and becomes harder) just join a new one. They are made daily I think. If you have real attachment to your club and want to stick at it, prove it and look to the future rather than look for current high rated players.

I agree with what you're saying Teb, although I think where the problem lies is that there are two types of player in this game. There are players like yourself and I Teb that prefer to play in the older set-ups, and value the scouting side of the game; and then there are those who look for the quick fix and go for World Domination by buying up as many of the highly rated players as quickly as possible whilst not really worrying too much about spiralling wage bills etc.

Neither approach is wrong, but I think that we should just accept that for those playing the older leagues out of preference money is not an issue, and for those who want to build a team quickly it always will be.

As an aside I must say that having just started in my first brand new set-up (Gold 10), it does appear that the player trade is becoming the currency of choice, and as a result I am coming across a whole new challenge in the game!!!!

I agree with what you're saying Teb' date=' although I think where the problem lies is that there are two types of player in this game. There are players like yourself and I Teb that prefer to play in the older set-ups, and value the scouting side of the game; and then there are those who look for the quick fix and go for World Domination by buying up as many of the highly rated players as quickly as possible whilst not really worrying too much about spiralling wage bills etc.

Neither approach is wrong, but I think that we should just accept that for those playing the older leagues out of preference money is not an issue, and for those who want to build a team quickly it always will be.

As an aside I must say that having just started in my first brand new set-up (Gold 10), it does appear that the player trade is becoming the currency of choice, and as a result I am coming across a whole new challenge in the game!!!![/quote']

That was a good post, I enjoyed that as it makes a lot of sense. I agree with what you say, especially when you say there is no right and wrong in whether you scout or just buy established talent. I just don't understand how people can expect to infinitely buy established talent, when it is a finite resource (at least short term anyway). So, anyone sticking about in a setup any length of time is going to have to start looking at players below 90 if they want to buy anyone.

That was a good post' date=' I enjoyed that as it makes a lot of sense. I agree with what you say, especially when you say there is no right and wrong in whether you scout or just buy established talent. I just don't understand how people can expect to infinitely buy established talent, when it is a finite resource (at least short term anyway). So, anyone sticking about in a setup any length of time is going to have to start looking at players below 90 if they want to buy anyone.[/quote']

Whilst we continue the mutual appreciation I couldn't agree more. Whilst I respect the place of the buying established talent approach, I fail to see how long term interest in the game can be sustained. Surely just winning is not enough if you just go out and buy all of the established talent? In my opinion at least, (and I'm sure there is a counter arguement) the long term appeal is not just in success, but how that success is obtained; by scouting and buying up potential talent, watching a team blossom from initial lowly beginnings. I will however admit to having an "uber" team, which I must say I am bored with after half a season and 17 games unbeaten!

im in several ones between 100-200

and i find money is still usefull but you have to search deep for the real bargains!

just foung richard dunne playing for an external team

kaching! :D

Just for the challenge, why not join a setup (where available) in single figures. EC1 is a hugely competively league if you can get a team, just keep an eye out for one because they do come up and the challenge is a lot harder than joining a new set-up.

mate i have been on this game since feburary 2006 :D

i am in some very low ones i was in wc 1 but quit! lol

Sorry to preach dude, I just have a bit of a bee in my bonnet at the moment trying to recruit for the "founder setups". I think that it's a real shame that many setups are running at only half capacity because of the inevitable commercial nature of the site. Many players are missing out on the full experience of the game in pursuit of managing a team of superstars in a new setup. I just question the point of this when they are only up against AI competition. If they wanted to do this then they may as well be playing software based games susch as Championship Manager!

I actually have a plan to resolve this in English Championship 25 in a few weeks time. Watch this space!

• 10 months later...

I am not sure if i like the transfer budget idea. It seems too artificial. like i said somewhere else i believe that it is too easy to keep established players because

1. the big clubs have no problems paying for their wages

2. it does not cost anything to extend their contracts. In real life clubs pay vast amounts to resign their good players and in SM its free.

Basically clubs need to spend far less money than they would do in a real world situation.

I have got some idea. If the manager reject our offer but player is unhappy about that (For example you are Wigan Athletic and your star player wnats to go Manchester United but you reject it player is unhappy.) Player's agent give this choice to go a bigger club. If anyone understand what i trying to Tell please have a explanimet to others. (MY ENGLISH KNOWLADGE:mad: )

I have got some idea. If the manager reject our offer but player is unhappy about that (For example you are Wigan Athletic and your star player wnats to go Manchester United but you reject it player is unhappy.) Player's agent give this choice to go a bigger club. If anyone understand what i trying to Tell please have a explanimet to others. (MY ENGLISH KNOWLADGE:mad: )

I understand what you are saying here but this would only make it harder for the Wigan Atletic's and mansfield Town's of the set-ups as this would mean that the Man Utd manager would just come along and choose ANY player he wanted and even if the manager said no the player would leave as any player at a small club would love to go to Man Utd.

I am not sure if i like the transfer budget idea. It seems too artificial. like i said somewhere else i believe that it is too easy to keep established players because

1. the big clubs have no problems paying for their wages

2. it does not cost anything to extend their contracts. In real life clubs pay vast amounts to resign their good players and in SM its free.

Basically clubs need to spend far less money than they would do in a real world situation.

Sorry I should have added this on to my other post.

Give the transfer budget a chance. I'm guessing your in GC 17 (its the only GC i know that uses the budget so far) I am crystal palace in this set-up and I just got promoted to div 1. I am noticing that my balance is growing every week. usually I would spend it and maybe buy a 86 rated player but by waiting till end of season I will easily have over 20mil with chairman input so I will be able to bargain for say an 88 rated player. So I'm saying give it a season to see how it works I believe thats all SM are doing they are testing it to see if it works and nobody will know for sure until a full season has been. It should mean that unmanaged teams wont get raided as teams wont have any budget left and that is a good thing :)

I understand what you are saying here but this would only make it harder for the Wigan Atletic's and mansfield Town's of the set-ups as this would mean that the Man Utd manager would just come along and choose ANY player he wanted and even if the manager said no the player would leave as any player at a small club would love to go to Man Utd.

And there is one thing for your thought.In real life you are gonna leave your club go to a bigger club you must pay some money to your Club they are making a contract in real life. And you get double money from player How about this?

• 3 years later...

Maybe its bad management on my part but..

i got gc teams in every spectrum, big team, small team, good attendence and bad attendences clubs..

I never find having much money at any clubs, and if i do even get up to 60 million etc it goes rather fast tbh, smaller teams i tend to strugle financially tbh and this will get worse as alot of my players start to get 90 rating and with it massive increase in wages throughout.

So with regard smaller teams in gc's {not all teams but most teams that build up with their weak club with youth players for the future} making money less available and thus less of it around would further hinder some of my teams..and aswell if i ever needed to sell first team players etc like ive had to do recently to get green books and buy some youth prospects then id get lower offers for my players.. also when any of these teams go into the red, they cant buy youths prospects which they rely on.. i dont hva problim with this just saying its the case..

Do you like the way the banks make less money available in society, make you poor and reclaim your house? no.

i dont want it this way in SM either lol :)