Players to watch out in the second half of the season

Ahmed

1) Marc Crosas - The highly rated Barcelona midfielder is finding it difficult to get some playing minutes so has decided to embark on a rare journey , a loan move to Olympique Lyonnais . Rumours say Barcelona let him go there to create a chance for a move for Benzema and others say he is set to replace Fábio Santos who also left on loan to Sao Paolo .

Rating : 76

2) Yu Dabao - Chinese striker Yu Dabao has netted 17 times in 23 appearances for China U-18 . Benfica signed this player and sent him straight to their youth ranks . After impressive displays in training and youth matches , he was promoted to the first team. The Benfica coach realized he is too talented to be warming the bench so was sent on loan to C.D Aves .

Rating : 74

3) Fabio Coentrão - The forum is well aware of this player . He started in the first 2 games for Benfica when the season began but was dropped later and saw no action . Recently , his style of play was likened to that of Arjen Robben by World Soccer Magazine . He also had comparisons to Rui costa and Figo . He moved to C.D Nacional on loan where he played in the club's first game in 2008 , coming on as a half-time sub .

Rating : 80

I will try and post more.

Your participations are warmly welcomed .

Ahmed.

Re: Players to watch out in the second half of the season

Nice Idea' date=' Any Other Players That Go On Loan Keep Us Posted

Will Ya Man Get Much Playing Time At Lyon Tough? :([/quote']

Yes he would get , but not very much . He was brought to replace Fábio Santos who left on loan as well . He could be starting on the bench . I don't think he can displace Juninho or Toulalan , but the 3rd midfield option can have a chance for him .

Helder Barbosa is now in FCPorto.. Porto called him back to replace Tarik Sektioui that is now in CAN.. let's see if he will play tomorrow against Sp. Braga for league..

Yeah , thats a good one . At Academica , he played 15 games and scored 2 goals ( 6 starts , 9 sub )=> 783mins out of 1350 . He could rise to 82/83 based on these , but if he plays for Porto could go higher.

good spot Gizb;)

Gizb , Helder Barbosa is the 4th player mentioned here.

5) Fran Mérida- Arsene Wenger pipped Barcelona and took this other gem from their academy. He is a creative, highly technical central or left-sided midfielder . Real Sociedad were so eager to take him on loan and Wenger was delighted with that .

Rating : 72

6) Ched Evans - Evans scored 16 goals in 23 starts at Academy level, and this prompted the Welsh U-21 coach to pick him . He further scored 6 goals in 5 games for Welsh U-21 side to underline his importance . He went on loan to Norwich city - played 9 games and scored 2 goals . Returned to City in January , he was sent back to Norwich again for more playing time .

Rating : 74

N/B: He is already going to rise to 77/78 for his time at Norwich .

Yes , he is very talented. When Almeria signed him he wasn't on the DB . I think he was just added.

7) Guilherme Oliveira - Almeria signed this LB ace from Vasco da Gama . He had his breakthrough last season playing 24 games for the Brazilian club . Guilherme is expected to have a starting role as the Almeria chiefs believe he is one Brazil's brightest talents .

Rating : 82

Thanks Outsider:) , now we have one from Gizb and another from Outsider. Where's yours Shels ?:P :p

maybe new lyon striker, Cesar Delgado, he played for mexian cruz azul, he is already established player, but he is going to something new in europe.

or Edin Dzeko,Wolfsburg, young bosnian striker, he only played 3 games and was substituon in 9 and he scored 5 goals and had 3 assits. magatg could give him more chance. he was named ''the best bundesliga striker'' last halfseson.

or Johan AUDEL, Valenciennes, 6 goals for only 447 minutes !!!

Another player to keep an eye could be Laszlo Sepsi(21 years and is LB/LM). He will join Benfica in these days. He was also wanted by Dínamo and Steaua Bucareste. The contract of Leo will end in the end of season and i think both parts will not renew, so he could be the titular LB of Benfica after that.. If he not becomes now..

This player is someone you must watch out for.

Martin Skrtel

Skrtel, 23, rated 89 on the DB is Liverpool's most expensive defender ever in history, beating Daniel Agger. Skrtel cost the club 6.5M and joins from Zenit St Petersburg. The Slovakian is a center back and should be third choice after Agger and Carragher.

He is a giant at 1.94m tall and hope he plays well for the Merseyside team! ;):DB)

3) Fabio Coentrão - The forum is well aware of this player . He started in the first 2 games for Benfica when the season began but was dropped later and saw no action . Recently ' date=' his style of play was likened to that of Arjen Robben by World Soccer Magazine . He also had comparisons to Rui costa and Figo . He moved to C.D Nacional on loan where he played in the club's first game in 2008 , coming on as a half-time sub .

[u']Rating[/u] : 80

I was very happy to see him starting today's game but he was sent off after a second yellow card:mad: :mad:

Anybody watched the game ?

Gizb , what happened ?

The game not passed in tv. Was double yellow card. The first he shooted the ball away after commit a ('normal')fault.. The other don't know why..

I think Manuel Fernandes was bought by Valencia from Benfica.. He had some problems there and was loaned to Everton..

An update -

Marc Crosas made his debut in the league for Lyon in the 0-3 crushing they had at the hands of Lens . He was subbed out in the 73rd minute.

I think he played well because the stats show that he had 3 shots and one of them was on target.

8) Vitor Gomes- Cagliari have snapped him from Portuguese Second Division Rio Ave on a loan deal with the option for a permanent move in the summer.

He is a Portugal U21 international and was the winner of last season's Young Player of the Year in Portugal's second tier.

Any idea about this lad Gizb ?

9) Tiago Rabiola - Most forum members are well aware of this Portuguese player. He plays for Porto but was sent out on loan since the season began . With the departure of Sektioui to the African Cup , FC Porto have recalled him to prepare for the champions league.

He is known no to be very talented and have good passing skills .

Tiago was on loan to Vitória de Guimarães where he played 4 games and scored 1 goal .

Rating - 74

Rabiola was called back because FCPorto loaned out Helder Postiga to Panathinaikos and needed a 4th striker.. ^^

About Vitor Gomes, i think his technique is limited. He can play as RB,CB and also as DM, in Rio Ave and in Portugal under 20 plays as RB. He is very valiant, fast, he runs behind the ball but when gets it he don't know very well what to do.. Sincerely i don't rate him high, but this change of league can turn him more mature and he can gain more tactical culture, things that he need..

Thanks Outsider:) ' date=' now we have one from Gizb and another from Outsider. Where's yours Shels ?:P :p[/quote']

lol Only Saw This Now..

Am Rabiola Is My Beauty Apart From That AM... kermit Erasmus* Signed for PSV So he might Make an Impact (Mention Him Before Aswell) I havent had the Time to Scout Last Few Months,

lol Only Saw This Now..

Am Rabiola Is My Beauty Apart From That AM... kermit Erasmus* Signed for PSV So he might Make an Impact (Mention Him Before Aswell) I havent had the Time to Scout Last Few Months' date='[/quote']

Thought Erasmus had signed for Feyenoord?

Yep, i was searching in 2 portuguese sites the rating of him in today's game and wasn't good. In both he have 2 in a 5 scale.. :|

Btw i don't know if he is good but tomorrow Leandro Grimi will arrive in Lisbon and will play for Sporting in the rest of season..