C.Ronaldo Compared to the best of Europe!

1st of all I'd like point out I 100% support Cristiano Ronaldo reaching 98! I'm Liverpool fan, and hate Man Utd and i really hate Ronaldo! but he really is the best player in the world. For anyone who doesn't think so and thinks Kaka,Ronaldinho or Messi well i say..

This Season Club Stats for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Premiership : 17(1) games | 16 goals

F.A Cup : 1 game | 1 goal

Champions League : 5 games | 5 goals

Overall : 23(1) games | 22 goals

He's not even a striker! His influence for Man td is unreal and 96 to 98 may seem alot but if anyone deserves this its Cristiano.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Season Club Stats for Kaka.

Serie A : 13 games | 8 goals

Uefa Super Cup : 1 game | 1 goal

Champions League : 6 games | 2 goals

Fifa club world championship : 2 games | 1 goal

Overall : 22 games | 12 goals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Season Club Stats for Ronaldinho

La Liga : 10(1) games | 6 goals

Champions League : 5(1) games | 1 goal

Overall : 16(2) games | 7 goals

This Season Club Stats for Lionel Messi

La Liga : 14(1) games | 8 goals

Champions League : 5 games | 4 goals

Overall : 19(1) games | 12 goals

Looking at these players stats (courtesy of Skysports.com) It's hard to believe why a player like Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't get the praise in europe that he deserves. I believe if he played for Ac Milan or Barcelona or Real Madrid he would be proclaimed the best player in the world, but as he plays in England he's not given the credit he deserves in the best, most competitive league in the world.

Re: C.Ronaldo Compared to the best of Europe!

Last year Ronaldo was by far the best player. It was ridiculous to see him fall behind Kaka and even Messi for the World Player of the Year. Nevertheless, there are a lot of reasons for this. Firstly, England is despised around Europe, just like the rest of Europe hates the USA. As a result, the votes and all are really biased against him. Also, many still consider him a diver b/c up until last year, he was. What's more, Ronaldo plays in the hardst and most talented league in the world, and he still managed to have much much much better stats last year compared to both Messi and especially Kaka. And still, although Kaka had an average to even bad domestic season last year, he had outshone everyone else in the Champions League, and was given credit as the best player as a result. Ronaldinho has to be at 96 with Kaka and Messi, and Ronaldo has to be a 97. I still don't think that any player is dominating games as much as others have in the past to deserve a 98. Although Ronaldo is scoring like a mad man he has a tendency to disappear in games when he's being closely marked.

Yeah Ronaldo is an awsome player definatly one of the best in the world only an idiot would deny it no matter what league they watch / dislike

although... if people are saying Ronaldo is playing amazing and Kaka & mainly Ronaldinho are not playing very well yet there records are still pretty excellent so just think if they was on top form :)

also I have to say I think Seria A is alot harder to score goals in than the EPL and Ronaldo although not a striker is still used in a position to get goals were as Kaka isnt as much.

I also think Ronaldo does go missing in the massive matches were as Kaka seems to shine just look at the 2 last season in the CL.

Guest melbguy1

Yeah Ronaldo is an awsome player definatly one of the best in the world only an idiot would deny it no matter what league they watch / dislike

although... if people are saying Ronaldo is playing amazing and Kaka & mainly Ronaldinho are not playing very well yet there records are still pretty excellent so just think if they was on top form :)

also I have to say I think Seria A is alot harder to score goals in than the EPL and Ronaldo although not a striker is still used in a position to get goals were as Kaka isnt as much.

I also think Ronaldo does go missing in the massive matches were as Kaka seems to shine just look at the 2 last season in the CL.

haha.. I must be an idiot then. I think there's no doubt he has a major influence on Man U. But as of today I'd say Ibrahimovic is the best player in the world, with all of the same reasons as y'alls arguement for C.Ronaldo

haha.. I must be an idiot then. I think there's no doubt he has a major influence on Man U. But as of today I'd say Ibrahimovic is the best player in the world' date=' with all of the same reasons as y'alls arguement for C.Ronaldo[/quote']

no I think you missunderstood me or I put it wrong.

I said hes "one of the best" I know you aint a fan of the EPL but its still one of the strongest leagues in the world and Ronaldo is one of if not the best players in it.

I dont think there is any doubt he could do the same in another league just like players like Messi and could do it in a diff league, I was actually sticking up for the likes of Kaka if you read it again.

What your saying about C. Ronaldo is true' date=' however we can't forget that it's not all about goals.[/quote']

that the trued we can not look ad the amount of goals and say that ronaldo is the best out there he is well one of them but remember kaka and messi have more skills and the way they play whit the ball is amazing.even Thoth messi has a injury and kaka is a young player playing with amateurs and C.Ronaldo is playing in Man. Utd who is having a great moment right now because he plays with other level players like Rooney, Gary Neville, Carlos Tévez, Ryan Giggs, Rio Ferdinand and even Anderson so that meens that the possibility of scoring goals is bigger for Cristiano Ronaldo

Guest melbguy1

that the trued we can not look ad the amount of goals and say that ronaldo is the best out there he is well one of them but remember kaka and messi have more skills and the way they play whit the ball is amazing.even Thoth messi has a injury and kaka is a young player playing with amateurs and C.Ronaldo is playing in Man. Utd who is having a great moment right now because he plays with other level players like Rooney' date=' Gary Neville, Carlos Tévez, Ryan Giggs, Rio Ferdinand and even Anderson so that meens that the possibility of scoring goals is bigger for Cristiano Ronaldo[/quote']

Never have I agreed and dissagreed so much within the same post..:eek:

now melbguy1 i think you are wrong ;) the two biggest clubs of the world are bidding for him right now and those clubs are Real Madrid and Barcelona he came to third place because he deserve it not because he was in the EPL nobody else is gonna bid for him because they know Manchester United wound let him go

Real Madrid made a offer of almost 100million euros for him thats a amount of almost three leveled players

Guest melbguy1

now melbguy1 i think you are wrong ;) the two biggest clubs of the world are bidding for him right now and those clubs are Real Madrid and Barcelona he came to third place because he deserve it not because he was in the EPL nobody else is gonna bid for him because they know Manchester United wound let him go

Real Madrid made a offer of almost 100million euros for him thats a amount of almost three leveled players

Rumours mate, rumours probably even made up by Man U themselves... no one has made a bid. I hope it's true though, I wanna see who's going to be the next best player in the world according to English fans once he's gone..:rolleyes:

Guest melbguy1

Well' date=' Ronaldo is officially at 98.[/quote']

That's absolutely ridiculous. Unless Totti & Trezeguet get 97, Imbrahimovic gets a 98, Messi gets a 99 and Kaka gets 100 which is not gonna happen

I give up

If only football were all about goals...

Even if you disregard performances and just look at stats, the total number of goals Fabregas has contributed to (i.e. goals and assists) is not far off Ronaldo's.

The theory about Ronaldo not being a striker and hence can't score goals also doesn't hold water as he plays in far more advanced position than Fabregas does, being a forward as compared to a midfielder.

Furthermore, performance-wise this season, Fabregas is certainly not that much lousier than Ronaldo. Ok, so he hasn't been on form of late, looking rusty, having come back from a lengthy spell of suspensions and injuries, but so was Ronaldo earlier this season when he came back from suspension.

Throughout the course of the season, Fabregas has been at least comparable to Ronaldo and hence I find it very difficult to accept a 2-point rise for Ronaldo, which makes it a massive 3 points between the two players.

If this game is based on "stats" Ronaldo is the best in the world.If this game is based on "ability" then Ronaldo (at this moment) is the best in the world) . If this game is about "lvl of competition and influence in games" then Ronaldo is the best in the world.

He isn't a striker and is top scorer of the premiership.For anyone to say Kaka and Messi are more skilful than Ronaldo is silly but on the same level then yes of course. Thing is i really do hate this guy but as a fan of football id have him in any team of mine!. 98 deserved as this minute he is the best player in the world or atleast on par right now :).