• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Ronaldo A 98 oh yes what has he ever done for england? ay? i win!

Re: Ronaldo A 98 Ok this should clear jus 1 or 2 things up on how important players are for their team. Cristiano Ronaldo club stats this season: Premiership : 17(1) games | 16 goals F.A Cup : 1 g

Re: Ronaldo A 98 looooooooooooooooooooooool @ he who knows all ( ) messi doesnt deserve 96 tho he is better than people like gerrard!

Re: Ronaldo A 98

Ronaldo's rating is fully deserved as he should have been awarded the player of the year award last year. Nobody in world football has been anywhere near him for age's now so he should have the highest rating on the game. Messi has also been top class but not as good as Ronaldo,he's been the best by far, and i can't stand Man Utd so that's not easy to say,especially after he destroyed us the other day.

I'm not arguing your point this is just my opinion Messi aswell as Kaka fantastic players well Messi is in my opinion Kaka I still fail to see it anyway Ronaldo is just in a class of his own like Ronaldinho was Messi and Kaka just arent in a class of their own.

Sweeeeeeeeeet pls tell me what messi did before 2006 except wear a diper. Gerrard has won so many games for liverpool single handedly more games infact than Messi has played in his short but successful career so far. Like i said 96 is a step forward towards 97/98 but remember Messi is still a newcomer to world football although he has achieved alot in the last 18 months please don't compare him to Gerrard who has been playing at the highest standard for more than 7 years now and has actually played in 2 champs league final to Messis none.

LMAO! I can't believe what you are talking about Joel... You don't really watch football do you? :confused::rolleyes: Have you ever seen Gerrard play, then if yes, you should admit that he's class.

Messi, he is a great talent but he is 20 years old and Gerrard has been playing top class football for almost ten years while Messi has like two.

A few stats you should look at.

Gerrard:

Squad Status: Captain

Team Games: 286 Games

Team Goals: 51 Goals

National Games: 62 Games

Career Start: 1997

Career Honors:

Winners

FA Cup Winners (2000-01, 05-06)

League Cup (2000-01, 02-03)

Champions League (04-05)

UEFA Cup (2000-01)

Community Shield (2001, 2006)

European Super Cup (2001, 2005)

Runners-Up

Club World Championship (2005)

League Cup: 2004-05

Charity Shield: 2002

FA Premier League: 2001-02

UEFA Champions League: 2006-07

Personal

2007 Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE)

2006 PFA Player of the Year

2004–05 UEFA Champions' League Most Valuable Player

2001 PFA Young Player of the Year

Lionel Messi

Squad Status: Player

Team Games: 64

Team Goals: 29

National Games: 26

National Goals: 8

Career Start: 2004

Career Honors:

With Argentina National Team:

FIFA U-20 World Cup: 2005

Copa América 2007 second place

FC Barcelona:

La Liga: 2004-05, 2005-06

Supercopa de España: 2005, 2006

Uefa Champions League: 2005-2006

Personal Honours:

Golden Ball: FIFA U-20 World Cup: 2005

Golden Boot: FIFA U-20 World Cup: 2005

Golden Boy: 2005

Bravo Award: 2007

World Soccer Young Player of the Year: 2006, 2007

Olimpia de Plata: Argentinian Player of the Year: 2005

FIFPro World Young Player of the Year: 2006

FIFPro World XI: 2007

EFE Trophy: Best Ibero-American Player in La Liga: 2007

Best foreign player in La Liga: 2007

Copa America Best Young Player: 2007

France Football Player of the Year:

3rd place: 2007

World Soccer Footballer of the Year:

2nd place: 2007

FIFA World Player of the Year:

2nd place: 2007

SI Latino's 2007 Sportsman of the Year: 2007

He does have plenty of personal honors but TBH, why Steven Gerrard hasn't got as much is because he never did play as an U20/21 for England and at that time, he was the unsung hero. Look at Messi's honors, how many of them are really rated and comes from a whole season, and Gerrard is an MBE which only about 10 footballers are!

tom you dont know much about football do you

gerrard is NOT a 97 he's past it

there are so many players that are better than him but rated loweron this game

its a disgrace!

HAHA. Ask anyone around here and they will have to admit Gerrard's still class.

You are the one that doesn't know about football. :rolleyes:

I never got along with you Sweeet but this time I am with you. No way is Gerrard is 97. Do you mean to say he is better than the likes of Xavi, Messi or even Lampard. And please don't compare him to Ronaldinho. I know he is not in the best of form this season. But an in form Ronaldinho is in a different planet.:)

I never got along with you Sweeet but this time I am with you. No way is Gerrard is 97. Do you mean to say he is better than the likes of Xavi' date=' Messi or even Lampard. And please don't compare him to Ronaldinho. I know he is not in the best of form this season. But an in form Ronaldinho is in a different planet.:)[/quote']

Gerrard is special and can do things those lot cant, that is why hes 97 and fully justifies it. I also understand they can all do things that he probably cant but if you cant see Gerrards class then you must watch a different game lads im sorry.

Single handedly lift a team through pure passion and motivation. Im not 1 of these Lampard haters' date=' i also think Lampard is a great player. But Gerrard is ever so slightly better.[/quote']

I must say that I don't think you watch football. Lampard is the best Chelsea player and I like watching him play. He can pass the ball much better than Gerrard and obviously scores more goals than Gerrard.