Re: Ronaldo A 98

I must say that I don't think you watch football. Lampard is the best Chelsea player and I like watching him play. He can pass the ball much better than Gerrard and obviously scores more goals than Gerrard.

only scores 1 or 2 more a season. I didnt dispute lampard being the best chelsea player. this has got nothing to to with chelsea, its about lampard & gerrard.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Ronaldo A 98 oh yes what has he ever done for england? ay? i win!

Re: Ronaldo A 98 Ok this should clear jus 1 or 2 things up on how important players are for their team. Cristiano Ronaldo club stats this season: Premiership : 17(1) games | 16 goals F.A Cup : 1 g

Re: Ronaldo A 98 looooooooooooooooooooooool @ he who knows all ( ) messi doesnt deserve 96 tho he is better than people like gerrard!

only scores 1 or 2 more a season. I didnt dispute lampard being the best chelsea player. this has got nothing to to with chelsea' date=' its about lampard & gerrard.[/quote']

He scores one or two more goals and has more assists then how can Gerrard be rated higher. The reason why Gerrard is a bit overrated is because most of the Liverpool team is a bit crap except Torres and Mascherano.

Ok this should clear jus 1 or 2 things up on how important players are for their team.

Cristiano Ronaldo club stats this season:

Premiership : 17(1) games | 16 goals

F.A Cup : 1 game | 1 goal

Champions League : 5 games | 5 goals

Overall : 23(1) games | 22 goals

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steven Gerrard club stats this season:

Premiership: 18(1) games | 7 goals

F.A Cup: 1 game | 3 goals

Carling Cup: 1(1) games | 1 goal

Champions league: 7 games | 4 goals

Overall: 27(2) games | 15 goals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lionel Messi club stats this season:

La Liga : 14(1) games | 8 goals

Champions League : 5 games | 4 goals

Overall : 19(1) games | 12 goals

Now all 3 these players have good record with their clubs.Out of the 3 Gerrard is the least attacking player and is the complete midfielder which is why he has a 97 rating. Cristiano got 98 rating cause he is the best in the world right now and the stats simply prove it.Messi is getting better all the time and a rise from 95 to 96 is great for such a young guy and if he keeps getting better he will get 97 and then 98 eventually.

@Sweeeet

Dont compare messi with Gerrard as there 2 different types of player and reason id rather Gerrard in my team as he can play anywhere.Try playing Messi in centre midfield or defence or even in the premiership and he'll struggle. Anyway all 3 great players in their positions and are a joy to watch so end of.

Are you joking? Frank Lampard is being compared to Steven Gerrard for the amount of goals?

Have you ever seen Lampard score a few feet away from the half way line? Lampard may bag 1 or 2 more goals per season, but the quality of Gerrard's goals are so much higher. Never mind the fact that Lampard has a handful of world class players to help him, while Gerrard has slim to none.

Are you joking? Frank Lampard is being compared to Steven Gerrard for the amount of goals?

Have you ever seen Lampard score a few feet away from the half way line? Lampard may bag 1 or 2 more goals per season' date=' but the quality of Gerrard's goals are so much higher. Never mind the fact that Lampard has a handful of world class players to help him, while Gerrard has slim to none.[/quote']

Lampard has scored about 15 goals this season so i duuno where you got 1 or 2 from. :confused: He scores some beltas aswell!

Ok this should clear jus 1 or 2 things up on how important players are for their team.

Cristiano Ronaldo club stats this season:

Premiership : 17(1) games | 16 goals

F.A Cup : 1 game | 1 goal

Champions League : 5 games | 5 goals

Overall : 23(1) games | 22 goals

Steven Gerrard club stats this season:

Premiership: 18(1) games | 7 goals

F.A Cup: 1 game | 3 goals

Carling Cup: 1(1) games | 1 goal

Champions league: 7 games | 4 goals

Overall: 27(2) games | 15 goals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lionel Messi club stats this season:

La Liga : 14(1) games | 8 goals

Champions League : 5 games | 4 goals

Overall : 19(1) games | 12 goals

Now all 3 these players have good record with their clubs.Out of the 3 Gerrard is the least attacking player and is the complete midfielder which is why he has a 97 rating. Cristiano got 98 rating cause he is the best in the world right now and the stats simply prove it.Messi is getting better all the time and a rise from 95 to 96 is great for such a young guy and if he keeps getting better he will get 97 and then 98 eventually.

@Sweeeet

Dont compare messi with Gerrard as there 2 different types of player and reason id rather Gerrard in my team as he can play anywhere.Try playing Messi in centre midfield or defence or even in the premiership and he'll struggle. Anyway all 3 great players in their positions and are a joy to watch so end of.

yes i agree

and back to Ronaldo...

he is what he got because he is an intelligent winger. The free kick against newcastle was a replica of somthing Ronaldinho did for Barcelona about 2 seasons ago. Few people can execute somthing like that. Also, he can pick a pass out like Fabregas, Gerrard, Lampard etc. He also hurts defenders with extreme pace. And he does it week in, week out.

And that is why his rating is justifiable

Ronaldo has fully deserved his 98 rating no doubt. For a winger to be scoring like this, terrorizing defenders week in week out and assisting other players is phenomenal. It's like Kaka who scores from midfield! People say Kaka is a 98 so why not Ronaldo? Ronaldo is achieving more from a wing position!

Gerrard has been class and will always remain that way. He is the driving force behind the Reds. I know history doesn't matter but still looking at him now, he is winning games single handedly.

Messi will rise when his time comes now. FFS it's English ratings this week! When the Spanish ratings comes up then I'm sure he will rise. Ronaldo has proved himself in the EPL from the wing. And Messi? From strike? Messi is world class no doubt and I'm sure that he will rise. But for now Ronaldo is better than him. However, Messi will become the best player in the world soon IMO!

Ronaldo has fully deserved his 98 rating no doubt. For a winger to be scoring like this' date=' terrorizing defenders week in week out and assisting other players is phenomenal. It's like Kaka who scores from midfield! People say Kaka is a 98 so why not Ronaldo? Ronaldo is achieving more from a wing position!

Gerrard has been class and will always remain that way. He is the driving force behind the Reds. I know history doesn't matter but still looking at him now, he is winning games single handedly.

Messi will rise when his time comes now. FFS it's English ratings this week! When the Spanish ratings comes up then I'm sure he will rise. Ronaldo has proved himself in the EPL from the wing. And Messi? From strike? Messi is world class no doubt and I'm sure that he will rise. But for now Ronaldo is better than him. However, Messi will become the best player in the world soon IMO![/quote']

The difference between Messi and Ronaldo is more team than individually based.

with Messi at Barcelona, the likes of Henry, Ronaldinho at Eto'o etc etc all have different styles of play- Henry is very fast, Ronaldinho holds the ball up.

Whereas with Ronaldo, the team play around his strengths and weaknesses. If anyone watched Aston Villa V Man Utd, there were some 1-2's that were over 50 60 yards long. They can interpret each other's play, and it brings out the best in the guy. This is why Ronaldo is 98 and Messi is only 95

The difference between Messi and Ronaldo is more team than individually based.

with Messi at Barcelona' date=' the likes of Henry, Ronaldinho at Eto'o etc etc all have different styles of play- Henry is very fast, Ronaldinho holds the ball up.

Whereas with Ronaldo, the team play around his strengths and weaknesses. If anyone watched Aston Villa V Man Utd, there were some 1-2's that were over 50 60 yards long. They can interpret each other's play, and it brings out the best in the guy. This is why Ronaldo is 98 and Messi is only 95[/quote']

I agree that one of the factors why Messi is only 95 is because of his team. But I don't remember arguing for an increase for Messi:p

Barcelona are filled with superstars yes, but the skills also reflect on individual performances. I mean, one or two 1-2 passes isn't going to increase you from 96-98 is it? Many people would argue but Ronaldo is also sometimes a one man team (Just like Messi). United are one of the best passing side in the EPL but 80+% of Ronaldo's goals has come from brilliant individual skill.

I agree that one of the factors why Messi is only 95 is because of his team. But I don't remember arguing for an increase for Messi:p

Barcelona are filled with superstars yes' date=' but the skills also reflect on individual performances. I mean, one or two 1-2 passes isn't going to increase you from 96-98 is it? Many people would argue but Ronaldo is also sometimes a one man team (Just like Messi). United are one of the best passing side in the EPL but 80+% of Ronaldo's goals has come from brilliant individual skill.[/quote']

Yeah thats true. The goal against Newcastle (3rd) was one of many that he's done with skill. The FK in the same match required supreme tehnique, because I don't think any random footballer could really do that.

But remember that football is a team sport. Somtimes (but not all the time,so don't contradict me here), individuality is the key to winning games, and with a top side like Man utd, this can happen.

Ronaldo is the best player in the world, should have the highest rating. Im not at all biased as I support Chelsea, however, Ronaldo really is the complete player. Assists, goals, good in the air, skillful, entertaining, powerful. The man has it all.

And then there is Messi, a player I hold in a high regard, there is no avoiding that this boy is just as good as Ronaldo with the ball and running at players, we are yet to see him as an accomplished goal scorer, however, it took Ronaldo a few years, but in my honest opinion, Messi would struggle outside of Spain. I fell that he would be man-marked out of the game and bullied, he is quite small and lacks the physical prescence. So, to conclude Ronaldo deservedly has a 98 and Messi should achieve a 96 with Kaka and Ronaldinho on 97.

LOL@Sweeeeeeet

Messi will get 96 which is still a great step towards 98. Reason he was votef higher than Ronaldo is cause no 1 likes England and the premiership in Europe. Its the league with all the wealth' date='investment and actually [b']the best players (overall).[/b]

i disagree with that. outside of the big for they have a ton of crap players. mid table teams in spain would dominate midtable EPL teams

the epl doesn't have the best player in the world at any position.

You tell me one winger better than Ronaldo. Terry is comparable to any defender around the world. Fabregas is one of the best as is Gerrard.

Just because you don't like a league don't berate it.

I personally dislike the Italian league but they have some quality players like Kaka Pirlo Gattusso.

You tell me one winger better than Ronaldo. Terry is comparable to any defender around the world. Fabregas is one of the best as is Gerrard.

Just because you don't like a league don't berate it.

I personally dislike the Italian league but they have some quality players like Kaka Pirlo Gattusso.

Agreed and just to prove a point out' date=' I'll name a few players who play in the EPL and are within the best 5 to 10 players in their position

[b']Goalkeeper[/b]

Petr Cech

Edwin Van Der Sar

Pepe Reina

Defender

John Terry

Rio Ferdinand

Nemanja Vidic

Jamie Carragher

Midfielder

Steven Gerrard

Cristiano Ronaldo

Frank Lampard

Francesc Fabregas

Javier Mascherano

Attacker

Fernando Torres

Carlos Tevez

Wayne Rooney

Didier Drogba

To Moleo: You spam, you give bad reasons Gerrard is world class, Ronaldo is as well but Messi is not as close as them yet.

Agreed and just to prove a point out' date=' I'll name a few players who play in the EPL and are within the best 5 to 10 players in their position

[b']Goalkeeper[/b]

Petr Cech

Edwin Van Der Sar

Pepe Reina

Defender

John Terry

Rio Ferdinand

Nemanja Vidic

Jamie Carragher

Midfielder

Steven Gerrard

Cristiano Ronaldo

Frank Lampard

Francesc Fabregas

Javier Mascherano

Attacker

Fernando Torres

Carlos Tevez

Wayne Rooney

Didier Drogba

To Moleo: You spam, you give bad reasons Gerrard is world class, Ronaldo is as well but Messi is not as close as them yet.

I don't find anything wrong with this post ... :D Just add Toure to the defender list :)

I am gonna neg rep him (joel) down! :mad: