Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bigjum71

4231 getting too boring

Recommended Posts

Yesturday i lost all 4 games in 4 different GW,all 4 games i face managers using 4231..i used 4411,4132,433 wingers and 433 ALL LOST!!...is there any genius out there with a good soccer manager experience to help out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bigjum71 said:

I used 541 B as you said..i lost 3-1.thks for your help anyway

Doesn't exist a pattern, it depends from your team, your opponent, if your players are tired (is anyone under 90-95% condition?) or out of position

Right now I am having results with 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 B, some years ago I had had result only with 3-5-2 have you tried it?

Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the reason why you are having so many issues, I would use a defensive scheme, maybe try with 3-5-2 

Don't use any player under 95% fit and never out of position, continue to improve the team with possible risers and will get better ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bigjum71 said:

J'ai utilisé 541 B comme tu le dis .. j'ai perdu 3-1.thks pour ton aide quand même

Après si ton adversaire a une équipe beaucoup plus forte ça va être difficile peu importe la formation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 10:00 AM, Bigjum71 said:

Yesturday i lost all 4 games in 4 different GW,all 4 games i face managers using 4231..i used 4411,4132,433 wingers and 433 ALL LOST!!...is there any genius out there with a good soccer manager experience to help out?

Recently played a superior team (Ronaldo, Mbappe, Kane, Eriksen, Ramos, Chiellini, Sule,that was playing 4-3-3 even though he had been playing 4-2-3-1 all season and I played 4-5-1 B with a much weaker team than his (average 89/90). Instructions were Defensive, hard tackling style, fast tempo and pressing all over. Also use the counter-attack, tight marking and use target man instructions. In the end I won 1-0, before that he hadn’t lost in 11 games and won he 9 in a row! Hope it helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Matthaios96 said:

Recently played a superior team (Ronaldo, Mbappe, Kane, Eriksen, Ramos, Chiellini, Sule,that was playing 4-3-3 even though he had been playing 4-2-3-1 all season and I played 4-5-1 B with a much weaker team than his (average 89/90). Instructions were Defensive, hard tackling style, fast tempo and pressing all over. Also use the counter-attack, tight marking and use target man instructions. In the end I won 1-0, before that he hadn’t lost in 11 games and won he 9 in a row! Hope it helps!

I have a game versus a 4231 tonight and i will give your tactics a go....yesterday  in a friendly i play against a 4231 team(91) and mine ave 88..i used 523 Hard-V-def-Long ball-slow-dbf-own area and also used offside trap-play maker and men behind ball,i was the away team and won (1-3)...Thks so much for your help mate,i will let you know how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Matthaios96 said:

Recently played a superior team (Ronaldo, Mbappe, Kane, Eriksen, Ramos, Chiellini, Sule,that was playing 4-3-3 even though he had been playing 4-2-3-1 all season and I played 4-5-1 B with a much weaker team than his (average 89/90). Instructions were Defensive, hard tackling style, fast tempo and pressing all over. Also use the counter-attack, tight marking and use target man instructions. In the end I won 1-0, before that he hadn’t lost in 11 games and won he 9 in a row! Hope it helps!

Did the guy play 4231 or 433?..thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bigjum71 said:

Did the guy play 4231 or 433?..thank you

He played 433A which was a surprise as he had been playing 4231 all along so I set up my team to beat the 4231 formation. I’m also playing a team tonight that hasn’t lost all season (15 games) and the predicted pattern is that he’ll play 442B so I’ll set up the exact same way (451B) with all the instructions and hope for the best. Hope it helps you overcome these stronger opponents that tend to win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find 451 is usually the best way to set up against a team using 433 that is a lot better than you, doesn't always have successful results though but that's the formation i've seen with the most upsets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, liamgriff said:

I find 451 is usually the best way to set up against a team using 433 that is a lot better than you, doesn't always have successful results though but that's the formation i've seen with the most upsets 

Any idea how to beat 4231?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont ignore your own ratings and the strengths and weaknesses of each formation. SM engine is stupid but that doesnt mean you cant exploit that. So you played 433b against 4231b when you are weaker? there is no point then unless your 2xCM and 1xDMC are at least on par with your opponents midfielders because that is where the strength of 433b is - remain tight and make use of any chances you get through your opponent failing an attack. if you dont know what you are doing and you feel you cant win if you play 4231b as well then play 451a vs the 4231b why? because it uses the same players in virtually the same positions its just more stable in midfield and you can exploit the weakness in 4231b which is the 2xDMC and the lack of MC. sure, you wont score many but is your goal to humiliate him or beat him? not the same thing. also rather than thinking of how to beat him its better to think how you wouldnt lose and what you can do to get a "lucky" win. a lot of people play 433b in attacking and 451 in defensive, thats the wrong way to go in my experience. changing the mentality only changes where your attacks start and how far up your players are but this is basic theory and i dont want to waste my time going into it.

442a/b, 433a, 433b, 451, 32221 are the tactics that have worked for me against 4231b but they are not omnipotent and it always depends on your opponent and what he plays. positions wise these 6 formations are good at neutralizing 4231b's strengths but thats just the tip of the iceberg - you need to figure out the mentaltity, whether to use mbb, tight marking etc etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 1:32 PM, palyo said:

Dont ignore your own ratings and the strengths and weaknesses of each formation. SM engine is stupid but that doesnt mean you cant exploit that. So you played 433b against 4231b when you are weaker? there is no point then unless your 2xCM and 1xDMC are at least on par with your opponents midfielders because that is where the strength of 433b is - remain tight and make use of any chances you get through your opponent failing an attack. if you dont know what you are doing and you feel you cant win if you play 4231b as well then play 451a vs the 4231b why? because it uses the same players in virtually the same positions its just more stable in midfield and you can exploit the weakness in 4231b which is the 2xDMC and the lack of MC. sure, you wont score many but is your goal to humiliate him or beat him? not the same thing. also rather than thinking of how to beat him its better to think how you wouldnt lose and what you can do to get a "lucky" win. a lot of people play 433b in attacking and 451 in defensive, thats the wrong way to go in my experience. changing the mentality only changes where your attacks start and how far up your players are but this is basic theory and i dont want to waste my time going into it.

442a/b, 433a, 433b, 451, 32221 are the tactics that have worked for me against 4231b but they are not omnipotent and it always depends on your opponent and what he plays. positions wise these 6 formations are good at neutralizing 4231b's strengths but thats just the tip of the iceberg - you need to figure out the mentaltity, whether to use mbb, tight marking etc etc 

What tactics you used when playing 451 a?...thanks for your advice anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...