swanseajack

The English and Scottish Football League (2019/2020)

Championship Stars of the Future - Joe Rodon (77 > 82)

The next player to be considered a start of the future is Swansea's own Joe Rodon. Rodon is a ball playing centre half that fits in to your modern day style, he likes to dictate play from deep and this style could take him really far when you consider the preference for this style of defender at the top.

Rodon is Swansea through and through, and as the Swans battle for promotion back to the top flight, a lot of their hopes hinge on Rodon. He's vital for them at the back, and one of the very best in the Championship.

Until he got injured last season, he was seen as the best and most valuable prospect at Swansea, ahead of Dan James. He's now back from his injury and performing even better than ever, so there's every chance he could follow a similar path to his former team mate Dan James.

His performances for Swansea led to him making his first two appearances for Wales last month, leading to the manager publicly praising him and it now looks like he's very much the best centre back Wales have, ahead of Chester (86) and Mepham (83). 

I would say he's performing at an even higher level than Ben White, but I'd say White is a safer bet to be playing in the Premier League next season. Rodon is sure to have Premier League interest, but it's a case of whether they'll be prepared to pay the £20 million or so we'll want for him, and as he's a local lad I don't see him forcing his way out of the club. 

End of Season 2019/20: 82 

End of Season 2020/21: 84

Championship Stars of the Future - Ebere Eze (80 > 82)

QPR's midfield dynamo Ebere Eze is the next player we'll look at. Despite only just turning 21, Eze is the key man in a QPR side that doesn't necessarily have the funds to have too much quality in their team. This means that youth academy product Eze is largely hinged on to provide the quality for them in midfield, and so far this season he's been excellent following a strong breakthrough season last time out.

So far this season in ten appearances, he's won Man of the Match three times, scored three goals and assisted a further two goals which highlights his importance to the side. He is more than just a threat in the final third though and has the ability to effect the game from deep, with good technical ability, the strength to hold off a man and a good knack for driving the ball forward.

Eze was linked with a summer move to clubs such as Southampton, Crystal Palace and Tottenham for a fee in the region of £12 million, and his long term rating is largely rested on whether he can get a move to a club of that stature as QPR are big outsiders for promotion.

It must be said that the rating predictions given below are conservative estimates, and in this instance on the presumption that Eze doesn't get a Premier League move.

End of Season 2020/21: 83

That's all the updates we'll give for now, as we're happy to take our time with this over the course of the season and hopefully you have enough to have benefitted from the thread for the time being.

Until the Scottish Premiership is reviewed, which we expect to happen sometime in October, I'll use this thread to respond to any queries or questions you have on any player playing in England outside the Premier League, or any player playing in Scotland.

Nice thread i enjoyed reading it however a couple of things to add. I would dispute Edouard being the best striker in the SPFL. That accolade must surely go to Alfredo Morelos. The Colombian has been unplayable at times this season and now that he has sorted out his disciplinary issues he is now delivering on his massive potential. His strike rate has been phenomenal and has been pivotal in Rangers run in Europe so far. He is the complete striker imo and will go on to bigger and better things than Edouard (who i do rate btw).

An omission from the list that people should be looking out for in their Gameworlds is Borna Barisic. Now that he has cemented his place in the Rangers side after a shaky start the Croatian is starting to look like the player he was when he played against Rangers for his old side Osijek in the European Qualifiers last season. Barisic is now Croatia's No 1 left back in the National team and has been receiving plaudits for his tremendous performances. 

On 9/28/2019 at 6:25 AM, swanseajack said:

Scottish Premiership Team of the Week (Week 4)

GK: Fraser Forster (85)

DEF: Connor Goldson (80 > 84)

DEF: Andy Considine (80)

DEF: Richard Foster (78)

DEF: Aaron Hickey (Not on Database > 75)

MID: James Forrest (86 > 87)

MID: Ryan Christie (82 > 85/86)

MID: Steven Davis (86 > 85)

MID: Ryotaro Moshino (76)

ST: Odsonne Eduoard (83 > 87/86)

ST: Alfredo Morelos (85)

These Team Of The Weeks. Are you making those yourself ?

19 hours ago, Biffout said:

Nice thread i enjoyed reading it however a couple of things to add. I would dispute Edouard being the best striker in the SPFL. That accolade must surely go to Alfredo Morelos. The Colombian has been unplayable at times this season and now that he has sorted out his disciplinary issues he is now delivering on his massive potential. His strike rate has been phenomenal and has been pivotal in Rangers run in Europe so far. He is the complete striker imo and will go on to bigger and better things than Edouard (who i do rate btw).

An omission from the list that people should be looking out for in their Gameworlds is Borna Barisic. Now that he has cemented his place in the Rangers side after a shaky start the Croatian is starting to look like the player he was when he played against Rangers for his old side Osijek in the European Qualifiers last season. Barisic is now Croatia's No 1 left back in the National team and has been receiving plaudits for his tremendous performances. 

I couldn't really disagree more. It's ultimately my opinion, and it's something that will only be clearly evident in time when these boys have their careers.

It's pretty widely felt by pundits and fans a like that Eduouard is the all round better player of the two, he's got more technique and can effect the game more beyond scoring. Morelos is more of a goalscorer, but has major issues that will mean he's less likely to get a big move.

Firstly, his discipline, you say this is addressed but just because he's avoided a red card for the last month doesn't mean it's sorted. He got 18 yellow cards and 5 red cards last season for a striker, and it's a big reason there wasn't interest from Premier League clubs. Secondly, he's yet to score against Celtic, and there'll be doubts as to whether he can score at a higher level.

As for Barisic, he was poor last season and is a regular now for Rangers but no more. His 84 rating is fair, and I wouldn't expect him to rise. He certainly hasn't stood out as a prospect in Scotland like the players I've highlighted. 

Player Update: Aaron Hickey (73) 

So shortly after making this thread, Aaron Hickey's been added to the database. He's still going strong for Hearts, and this week played two full matches helping them to the Semi Final of the League Cup in the process. He's certainly repaying the faith shown in him by manager Craig Levein, who now has a bit more time to turn things around at Hearts.

I'd expect him to be a due a small rating increase to 76 when Scotland is reviewed, if he continues as their first choice left back this month.

I'd like to know who these 'Pundits' and 'Fans' are that you talk about that say that Eduoard is the better all round player? Morelos has a massive effect on games outwith scoring. His build up play and positioning has made him unmarkable at times. Just because he hasn't scored against Celtic yet that doesn't mean he cant score against top teams? Surely his goals against European sides sink that idea? 

As for Barasic I agree his 84 rating is correct for just now. However his massive improvement over the last month coupled with cementing a regular starting spot for Croatia surely makes him one to look out for?

7 hours ago, swanseajack said:

Player Update: Aaron Hickey (73) 

So shortly after making this thread, Aaron Hickey's been added to the database. He's still going strong for Hearts, and this week played two full matches helping them to the Semi Final of the League Cup in the process. He's certainly repaying the faith shown in him by manager Craig Levein, who now has a bit more time to turn things around at Hearts.

I'd expect him to be a due a small rating increase to 76 when Scotland is reviewed, if he continues as their first choice left back this month.

Was just reading in papaer that Celtic have a 30% sell on fee from him afetr he left Celtic @ 16.

From the sun (don't shoot me for poor source)

Celtic will land £600,000 if Hearts sell Aaron Hickey in January for £2m. Manchester City and Southampton are tracking the 17-year-old full-back with a view to potential swoops in the next transfer window. Hickey rejected pro terms with Celtic at 16 for a return to Tynecastle — where he had been a youth player — in July 2018. But as a condition of allowing him to join the club, Celtic insisted on a 30% sell-on clause in his contract instead of a modest compensation fee. 

Scottish Premiership Team of the Week (Week 5) - BBC

GK: Ross Laidlaw (73 > 75)

DEF: Steve Stubbs (67 > 73/74)

DEF: James Tavernier (84 > 85)

DEF: Declan Gallagher (75 > 76)

DEF: Aaron Hickey (73 > 76)

MID: Liam Donnelly (73 > 75)

MID: Steven Davis (86)

MID: Scott Allan (80)

MID: Greg Stewart (80)

1 hour ago, swanseajack said:

Scottish Premiership Team of the Week (Week 5) - BBC

GK: Ross Laidlaw (73 > 75)

DEF: Steve Stubbs (67 > 73/74)

DEF: James Tavernier (84 > 85)

DEF: Declan Gallagher (75 > 76)

DEF: Aaron Hickey (73 > 76)

MID: Liam Donnelly (73 > 75)

MID: Steven Davis (86)

MID: Scott Allan (80)

MID: Greg Stewart (80)

Donelly has been superb this season would say he will go 73-78.

ld.PNG

4 hours ago, sirmarkhughes said:

Donelly has been superb this season would say he will go 73-78.

ld.PNG

He has been and his argument for a greater increase is definitely growing, but last year he only played 11 games and scored 1 so my initial prediction was weighted more towards that.

I'll do some amendments now, i'll bump the prediction up to 76 as I still want to be fairly conservative with my predictions, but if he continues his form then i'll amend it again before he's reviewed.

16 minutes ago, swanseajack said:

He has been and his argument for a greater increase is definitely growing, but last year he only played 11 games and scored 1 so my initial prediction was weighted more towards that.

I'll do some amendments now, i'll bump the prediction up to 76 as I still want to be fairly conservative with my predictions, but if he continues his form then i'll amend it again before he's reviewed.

He is a godsend on my ladbrokes Scottish fantasy football. 

Player Update - Lawrence Shankland (77)

I wouldn't necessarily recommend signing Shankland, unless your in a very competitive gameworld where small margins are vital.

However a player to look out for is Lawrence Shankland who has been called up to the full Scotland squad yesterday. He's scored 15 goals in 12 games for Dundee United in the Scottish Championship this season, and is the only player in that division worth talking about really. He's been linked with both Celtic and Rangers, and I think there's a great chance of him getting a move in January to a big club in the Scottish Premiership.

He's not someone I'd expect to get reviewed whilst playing in the Scottish Championship, however he absolutely has the ability to get up to an 80/82 rating in time.

Player Update - Lawrence Shankland (77)

I wouldn't necessarily recommend signing Shankland, unless your in a very competitive gameworld where small margins are vital.

However a player to look out for is Lawrence Shankland who has been called up to the full Scotland squad yesterday. He's scored 15 goals in 12 games for Dundee United in the Scottish Championship this season, and is the only player in that division worth talking about really. He's been linked with both Celtic and Rangers, and I think there's a great chance of him getting a move in January to a big club in the Scottish Premiership.

He's not someone I'd expect to get reviewed whilst playing in the Scottish Championship, however he absolutely has the ability to get up to an 80/82 rating in time.

I hope he stays at United for the full season and wins the Championship as it will do good for his progression. Nice to see him getting called up for the National team as our strikers are pish. Can see him scoring two or three against San marino.

11 minutes ago, sirmarkhughes said:

I hope he stays at United for the full season and wins the Championship as it will do good for his progression. Nice to see him getting called up for the National team as our strikers are pish. Can see him scoring two or three against San marino.

Yeah I think a goalscorer like him is what Scotland need. 

It would be good for him to win the Championship and try and score goals for United in the top flight, but I imagine there'll be offers that will be difficult to turn down.

I'd avoid Rangers if I were him though given how many striker and wingers they currently have.

42 minutes ago, swanseajack said:

Yeah I think a goalscorer like him is what Scotland need. 

It would be good for him to win the Championship and try and score goals for United in the top flight, but I imagine there'll be offers that will be difficult to turn down.

I'd avoid Rangers if I were him though given how many striker and wingers they currently have.

Yeah Morelos, Defoe, Stewart and Murphy.

Even at Celtic you have Edouard, Bayo and then what looks like now third choice Griffiths.

30 minutes ago, sirmarkhughes said:

Yeah Morelos, Defoe, Stewart and Murphy.

Even at Celtic you have Edouard, Bayo and then what looks like now third choice Griffiths.

Yeah if he's to move then maybe a move to Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen would make sense, but may it's not enough of an incentive for him to leave Dundee United where he's the highest paid player in their history.

Either way he was a great coup for them in the summer, and I think a lot of clubs both in Scotland and in the lower leagues of England missed a trick.

Yeah if he's to move then maybe a move to Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen would make sense, but may it's not enough of an incentive for him to leave Dundee United where he's the highest paid player in their history.

Either way he was a great coup for them in the summer, and I think a lot of clubs both in Scotland and in the lower leagues of England missed a trick.

Where are you hearing he is the highest paid player in United's history?

I've heard that off Open Goal with William Hill, Scottish footie podcast but hardly the most reliable source.

Cool. I tried to  find out what wages he was on but to no avail. Best I got was a bit in Dundee Courier by Jim Spence:

The move to Tannadice will give him a hefty wage by Scottish standards, plus the chance to operate at a top club in a league where he is already a proven success.

I also found this on Rangers News:

You get the impression that before any move to Rangers beckons – and Shankland is a dyed-in-the-wool Rangers fan – the striker will need to prove his worth on this stage first.

On 9/28/2019 at 10:16 PM, swanseajack said:

Championship Stars of the Future - Joe Rodon (77 > 82)

The next player to be considered a start of the future is Swansea's own Joe Rodon. Rodon is a ball playing centre half that fits in to your modern day style, he likes to dictate play from deep and this style could take him really far when you consider the preference for this style of defender at the top.

Rodon is Swansea through and through, and as the Swans battle for promotion back to the top flight, a lot of their hopes hinge on Rodon. He's vital for them at the back, and one of the very best in the Championship.

Until he got injured last season, he was seen as the best and most valuable prospect at Swansea, ahead of Dan James. He's now back from his injury and performing even better than ever, so there's every chance he could follow a similar path to his former team mate Dan James.

His performances for Swansea led to him making his first two appearances for Wales last month, leading to the manager publicly praising him and it now looks like he's very much the best centre back Wales have, ahead of Chester (86) and Mepham (83). 

I would say he's performing at an even higher level than Ben White, but I'd say White is a safer bet to be playing in the Premier League next season. Rodon is sure to have Premier League interest, but it's a case of whether they'll be prepared to pay the £20 million or so we'll want for him, and as he's a local lad I don't see him forcing his way out of the club. 

End of Season 2020/21: 84

What about Jude Bellingham?