thorgan lesar

Belgian Football (season '19 - '20) and 22 others countries (for examples The Netherlands and Slovakia)

6 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

I can say RSC Anderlecht is at the moment not doing great, but yeah. Hendrik Van Crombrugge, Albert Sambi Lokonga, Marco Kana and Yari Verschaeren are playing better. 

Verschaeren has a difficult time for the moment. This year he needs to confirm his level of previous season, but for the moment he didn't. Sambi Lokonga is playing better and is important for this team. 

I don't know what the exact plans are, but if RSC Anderlecht will sell them on long term... I think they're expecting 15 million each. So I guess 25 - 30 million for both. 

Southampton and apparently Atalanta show their interest for Verschaeren. That's what I know.

Internazionale, Sevilla, Manchester City and apparently Atalanta show their interest for Sambi Lokonga. That's what I know.

Btw, congratz for the game against Manchester City :)

Would be another step to keep young promise for 15M, anyway it's always great see your team near Inter, Man. CIty, Seville, etc.

Against Man. City we has been lucky in the first half, then we made a good match and we deserved the first point in our history in CL, I have been lucky to assist from the stadium. 

Will be hard anyway continue in CL or in EL.. 

1 hour ago, ombarcagunners said:

Are you kidding me?!

He is playing well, but a massive talent is someone who has the talent to play on a day for FC Barcelona or another great team. I don't see that happening. The AZ (his club) fans criticise him because of missing too much goals. 

On 10/16/2019 at 12:02 PM, 1000dB said:

My desired group would be Belgium + two of France, Holland, Spain, Germany, England, Portugal, Croatia, ... (not Italy because it's the worst group to be drawn into) + the League D play-off winner. With a League D team in the group failing to advance to the KO stage should be impossible. Great games, already in the group stage, and better chances at a deep run.

None of the big teams and not a chance that we'll be joined by League D's play-off winner. FML.

EURO 2020 Group B:

Belgium
Russia
Denmark
Finland

UEFA separate Russia and Kosovo in bid to keep the peace => meaning the League D play-off winner cannot be drawn into Belgium's group. The other play-off paths will most likely contain hosts linked to other groups. Currently Finland and Hungary are in pot 4 but as Hungary are hosting as well Belgium's group for EURO 2020 is already complete (*ATM Czech Rep., Wales or Slovakia can still end up in pot 4 instead of Hungary).

Both Russia and Denmark play their games against Belgium at home and a draw will decide if Belgium plays two group games in Russia or Denmark. The Finnish will play close to home at either venue and they're a fairytale in the making, a new Iceland.

Facing Russia again (it will probably be a cagey affair unless the Russians need a win to advance), Denmark are quite decent, very much underrated (yet against this red-hot Belgium...) and Finland shamelessly parking the bus ... not what I wished for, not at all. Luckily Belgium have become very adept at unlocking ultra-defensive teams.

Belgium vs Cyprus 6-1

1-1 Christian Benteke

2-1 Kevin De Bruyne 

3-1 Kevin De Bruyne 

4-1 Yannick Carrasco 

5-1 own goal Christoforou

6-1 Christian Benteke 

Mignolet; Alderweireld, Denayer, Cobbaut; T.Hazard, Tielemans, Vanaken, Carrasco; De Bruyne (Dennis Praet 68'), E.Hazard (Yari Verschaeren 63'); Benteke (Divock Origi 79')

46 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

@1000dB

Euros qualification is finished. What is your view on our prestations ? What did you learn ? :)

Flawless in qualifying is another first achieved by this generation. It doesn't hurt to keep winning games to instill a winning mentality. Mentally the team does look stonger, since the World Cup campaign, and team spirit has been superb as usual. Belgium on top of the overall ranking. I'm quite proud of our EURO 2020 campaign so far. And, besides finishing the year as the highest ranked team in the world again (+ picking up yet another FIFA Team of the Year award), Belgium is Elo's No.1 for the first time as well. Our Elo rating (+ our FIFA ranking) isn't simply about vanity, it does show how well the team has been performing compared to others.

Belgium is a well-oiled machine. The away game against Russia was the most recent statement of what to expect from us this summer. The Russians have been playing well and gave it their best against us (expecting them to be more cautious next time we meet). Belgium possess too many weapons for a team like Russia to handle. Yet you have to beat better teams to go all the way. A shame the NL was a let-down. Didn't get to play against other favourites while we could do with a few more competitive games against top sides. TBF the World Cup games against Brazil, France and England weren't that long ago and there isn't much opportunity to play against the very best in a competitive setting, let alone with the added pressure of a major tournament.

Martinez promised to bring Vanheusden (got injured and was needed in the U21s; apropos only days ago they won against Germany's U21s). Regardless, I had hoped Martinez would make good on his promise and start bedding him in. Probably my biggest qualm because rejuvenating the defence is a priority for me. Can't really complain though as Boyata is doing very well and he has grown on me. Thorgan and Tielemans are coming along nicely as well. Januzaj OTOH not so much and even though Vanaken hasn't had many chances he has yet to convince me (he's not 18yo, in fact he'll turn 28 this summer). Hey-ho they're on the fringes after all while the big guns have shown you can count on them (plus Castagne, Carrasco, Vermaelen, Denayer, Dendoncker, Tielemans, etc. can provide adequate cover). Lastly, a shame about Benteke (was hoping he'd finally find his old form at club level this season), seeing a big target man still is quite effective in NT tournaments. Guess that's why Martinez keeps calling him up.

PS I hear this Friday we'll know if we play two games in Russia or Denmark (when the play-off draw is held). I prefer Saint-Petersburg (I like the stadium more and recently we've played there a few times). Then, on the 30th, the match schedule will be determined and regarding who'll be our group's pot 4 team it's a coin flip between Wales and Finland (I'd rather have Wales,  they're better than Finland but based on recent memory it's better to face them in the group than in the next round(s) and there's somewhat of a score to settle from the previous Euros). If we get Wales then Finland goes into Italy's group and vice versa.

On 11/20/2019 at 4:33 AM, 1000dB said:

Flawless in qualifying is another first achieved by this generation. It doesn't hurt to keep winning games to instill a winning mentality. Mentally the team does look stonger, since the World Cup campaign, and team spirit has been superb as usual. Belgium on top of the overall ranking. I'm quite proud of our EURO 2020 campaign so far. And, besides finishing the year as the highest ranked team in the world again (+ picking up yet another FIFA Team of the Year award), Belgium is Elo's No.1 for the first time as well. Our Elo rating (+ our FIFA ranking) isn't simply about vanity, it does show how well the team has been performing compared to others.

Belgium is a well-oiled machine. The away game against Russia was the most recent statement of what to expect from us this summer. The Russians have been playing well and gave it their best against us (expecting them to be more cautious next time we meet). Belgium possess too many weapons for a team like Russia to handle. Yet you have to beat better teams to go all the way. A shame the NL was a let-down. Didn't get to play against other favourites while we could do with a few more competitive games against top sides. TBF the World Cup games against Brazil, France and England weren't that long ago and there isn't much opportunity to play against the very best in a competitive setting, let alone with the added pressure of a major tournament.

Martinez promised to bring Vanheusden (got injured and was needed in the U21s; apropos only days ago they won against Germany's U21s). Regardless, I had hoped Martinez would make good on his promise and start bedding him in. Probably my biggest qualm because rejuvenating the defence is a priority for me. Can't really complain though as Boyata is doing very well and he has grown on me. Thorgan and Tielemans are coming along nicely as well. Januzaj OTOH not so much and even though Vanaken hasn't had many chances he has yet to convince me (he's not 18yo, in fact he'll turn 28 this summer). Hey-ho they're on the fringes after all while the big guns have shown you can count on them (plus Castagne, Carrasco, Vermaelen, Denayer, Dendoncker, Tielemans, etc. can provide adequate cover). Lastly, a shame about Benteke (was hoping he'd finally find his old form at club level this season), seeing a big target man still is quite effective in NT tournaments. Guess that's why Martinez keeps calling him up.

PS I hear this Friday we'll know if we play two games in Russia or Denmark (when the play-off draw is held). I prefer Saint-Petersburg (I like the stadium more and recently we've played there a few times). Then, on the 30th, the match schedule will be determined and regarding who'll be our group's pot 4 team it's a coin flip between Wales and Finland (I'd rather have Wales,  they're better than Finland but based on recent memory it's better to face them in the group than in the next round(s) and there's somewhat of a score to settle from the previous Euros). If we get Wales then Finland goes into Italy's group and vice versa.

I hope we get Finland. Just because it's something else. We've played already a couple of times last years against Wales. 

If you have to chose 23 players at the moment who would you pick and why ?

13 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

I hope we get Finland. Just because it's something else. We've played already a couple of times last years against Wales. 

If you have to chose 23 players at the moment who would you pick and why ?

I don't like making yet another long-winded post. Lengthy posts get hidden anyway and then I have to bother Kev again.

Besides I don't expect a huge churn compared to Russia 2018. The team is settled. Any question marks can be resolved in March plus can't tell now who'll be fit and in form come summer.

Part 1: Which players are certain of their place at EUROs 2020 ?

Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid CF)
Simon Mignolet (Club Brugge KV)
Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham Hotspurs)
Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspurs)
Thomas Vermaelen (Vissel Kobe)
Dedryck Boyata (Hertha Berlijn)
Axel Witsel (Borussia Dortmund)
Youri Tielemans (Leicester City)
Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
Eden Hazard (Real Madrid CF)
Thomas Meunier (PSG)
Nacer Chadli (RSC Anderlecht)
Timothy Castagne (Atalanta Bergamo)
Thorgan Hazard (Borussia Dortmund)
Dries Mertens (SSC Napoli)
Romelu Lukaku (Internazionale)
Michy Batshuayi (Chelsea FC)

If nothing happens these players are going to the EUROs 2020. In the next days we're looking closer to Thomas Meunier and Michy Batshuayi and their situations. We're also looking to the last 6 players and all these candidates.

Part 2: Michy Batshuayi and Thomas Meunier 

Thomas Meunier, he's injured but when fit he isn't always playing. In my opinion Meunier is the best right back PSG has. I don't think there are problems in progress and he will go the EUROs fully fit.

Michy Batshuayi, a difficult situation. He is back-up in Chelsea while Tammy Abraham is first choice. I honestly think Batshuayi isn't a player for the Premier League. In the winter he needs a move (again...) to Ligue 1 or Bundesliga. If he stays in Chelsea his place at EUROs 2020 is in danger.

Part 3: Last 6 positions to complete

In total 18 players who has a chance to complete this 6 last places in our Belgian squad.

Hendrik Van Crombrugge, Matz Sels and Koen Casteels
A third goalkeeper is traditional. Those 3 goalkeepers has the chance to be in our squad. Van Crombrugge is doing very well in RSC Anderlecht, Sels is someone we can relate on. Koen Casteels is injured, but is also talented.

At this moment I chose Matz Sels, but if Casteels plays on his old level again he's one of the better goalkeepers in Germany. It's a battle between those two.

Jason Denayer, Christian Kabasele, Björn Engels, Zinho Vanheusden

Christian Kabasele is playing again, but he isn't playing on his best level yet. Engels is doing well at Aston Villa, but I miss some leadership in his defence. Vanheusden needs to find his old level back, but is growing. We'll see where he stands in a couple of months. At the moment Jason Denayer is my first choice. He is more integrated in the group then the others and still important for Olympique Lyon.

Leander Dendoncker, Dennis Praet, Orel Mangala, Hans Vanaken

Leander Dendoncker isn't doing much at Wolverhampton. He's playing because he does the dirty work and Neves and others can play on their level. He's the only '6' after Axel Witsel, so he's going normally to EUROs 2020. Hans Vanaken began impressive this season, but isn't on his best level at the moment. When he played for Belgium he didn't impress me while Dennis Praet did a better job in his games with Belgium. That's why I chose Dennis Praet. Orel Mangala is playing really well for Stuttgart, but to make a chance he needs a move to a better team.

Yari Verschaeren, Yannick Carrasco, Léandro Trossard, Dodi Lukebakio

At the moment those 4 players are not on their best level. It's looking who fits better and is more interesting. Léandro Trossard needs to be fit and play some weeks/months. Dodi Lukebakio isn't showing at Hertha Berlin his level from previous season. Yari Verschaeren has it difficult in the year of confirmation and Yannick Carrasco needs to leave China. I chose at the moment Yannick Carrasco because he can play as a wingback at both sides and can play after Lukaku. One condition for his place is a transfer in the winter. If not, Léandro Trossard is the first player as a possibility.

Christian Benteke, Laurent Depoitre, Divock Origi

Laurent Depoitre is playing a lot again. That's good. He's good as a target man. Divock Origi has a lot of movement while Christian Benteke is better with his head and can make war at the 16 of our opponent. 2 problems:

Problem 1- Divock Origi.
Mo Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mané are from another level what leads to little chances for Divock Origi at Liverpool. It's a difficult one because he will play if one from those 3 isn't fit or injured.

Problem 2- Christian Benteke
He isn't playing much for Crystal Palace. He needs to find a new team on short term of he wants to go the EUROs.

Last 6 choices:
Matz Sels
Jason Denayer
Leander Dendoncker
Dennis Praet
Yannick Carrasco
Christian Benteke

Part 4: My squad at the moment for Belgium EUROs 2020

Matz Sels (Strassbourg)

Dedryck Boyata (Hertha Berlin)
Jason Denayer (Olympique Lyonnais)

Thomas Meunier (PSG)

Leander Dendoncker (Wolverhampton)
Dennis Praet (Leicester City)

Yannick Carrasco (Dalian Yifang)

Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace)

On 9/27/2019 at 6:28 PM, thorgan lesar said:

Review Players Of The Weekend's...

I just launched the most competitive gameworld for the most tactical managers on SM. Custom set as a 90 rated gameworld,with transfer windows closing in 3rd Matchday of the season. The essence of this is to prove your tactical audacity and show how dangerous you can be without having to rely on highly rated players. Join us now in the War to End all Wars..What really is the greatest manager?. Gameworld Id 412526,see you there bruh

6 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Part 4: My squad at the moment for Belgium EUROs 2020

Matz Sels (Strassbourg)

Dedryck Boyata (Hertha Berlin)
Jason Denayer (Olympique Lyonnais)

Thomas Meunier (PSG)

Leander Dendoncker (Wolverhampton)
Dennis Praet (Leicester City)

Yannick Carrasco (Dalian Yifang)

Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace)

I feel 5 centre backs (+ Dendoncker if needed) is plenty but Martinez could opt for 6 instead and might want to give Kompany, if fit and in form, a chance to end his career as an international on a high. Kompany wants to be there but Martinez said he'd only include him if Kompany has match rhythm.

Martinez only took Lukaku and Batshuayi with him in 2018. Mertens or Hazard can also provide cover. Might again opt for two strikers this summer.

On 11/25/2019 at 9:09 PM, 1000dB said:

I feel 5 centre backs (+ Dendoncker if needed) is plenty but Martinez could opt for 6 instead and might want to give Kompany, if fit and in form, a chance to end his career as an international on a high. Kompany wants to be there but Martinez said he'd only include him if Kompany has match rhythm.

Martinez only took Lukaku and Batshuayi with him in 2018. Mertens or Hazard can also provide cover. Might again opt for two strikers this summer.

5 defenders are needed. We have 3 positions to fill in.. Dendoncker is 6th and in this case is D(RC), D(C), D(LC) each 2 players. Perfect. For the moment is Kompany not fitt and not ready. I'm afraid he won't play on his old level back.

Each positions needs at least 2 players. Romelu Lukaku is nr. 1 and Batshuayi normally back-up. Mertens can play there, but it's been a while that he played on that position. All the other positions are complete, but I think we need a player in the 16 who's good with his head and can make war in the 16. At the moment I take Benteke in our squad. 

Champions League

SK Galatasaray - Club Brugge KV. 1-1

1-1 Krépin Diatta

Mignolet; Mata, Mechele, Deli, Ricca; Balanta, Rits (Charles De Ketelaere 46'), Vanaken; Dennis (Siebe Schrijvers 58'), Diatta; Openda (David Okereke 77') 

@1000dB close... not a good game, but that can happen. Too bad the off-day was yesterday.. . Still 3thd and possibly going to Europa League.