Belgian football / Talents Hunter.. by Thorgan Lesar

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TALENTS OUTSIDE BIG FIVE - BY @Kierans91 First 15 talents... Johan Hove (19 years old, Strømsgodset) Georgios Vagiannidis (18 years old, Panathinaikos) Ajdin Hasic (18 years old, B

PREDICTIONS ARGENTINA Boca Juniors Esteban Andrada (29) - 87... + 1 to 88 ... YES Franco Soldano (25) - 84... + 1 to 85 Jorman Campuzano (23) - 83... + 1 to 84 ... + 2 to 85 Nicolas Capaldo (

Predictions Jupiler Pro League Watch out: these predictions are after 20 games. Still a lot can happen ! For the first time I predict downgrades, but we're close to the Winter. Possibly some play

Posted Images

1 hour ago, thorgan lesar said:

I want to mention someone, but not in a rapport.
He's one of the best wingers in Portugal and has 7 goals and 9 assists in 25 games in Vitória Guimarães.

21-year-old Spurs youth graduate is feeling really well in Portugal. I'm talking about Marcus Edwards, excited to his next season.

marcus_edwards_of_vitoria_guimaraes_duri

Yeah fantastic season and problably the last in Portugal ;)

Easah Suliman is next...new boss of Guimarães defense.

On 7/20/2020 at 5:55 PM, thorgan lesar said:

@Milanista1 @Nameless @Sir Rahul @Soccahappy 

Any specific country you want me to do "Talents Hunter" ? Any wishes ? :)

Yes. With so many young players playing in Portugal, I would like you to name the top 10. Quaresma and Mendes are the obvious. Would like to know more about players such as Tavares (RB).

12 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Yes. With so many young players playing in Portugal, I would like you to name the top 10. Quaresma and Mendes are the obvious. Would like to know more about players such as Tavares (RB).

Challenge accepted.

Atm for me U21 with minutes

1 - Francisco Trincão

2 - Nuno Mendes

3 - Joelson Fernandes

4 - Marcus Edwards

5 - Eduardo Quaresma

6 - Fabio Vieira

7 - Florentino Luís

8 - Diogo Costa

9 - Vitor Ferreira

10 - Tomas Tavares (Hard season for him and for Benfica...the only RB available for big part of the season. Did make some mistakes defensively but he is only 19 with already alot of minutes champions league included. Overall Benfica paid for excessive youth in the defense this year)

12 minutes ago, TMCosta said:

Challenge accepted.

1 - Francisco Trincão

2 - Nuno Mendes

3 - Joelson Fernandes

4 - Marcus Edwards

5 - Eduardo Quaresma

6 - Fabio Vieira

7 - Florentino Luís

8 - Diogo Costa

9 - Vitor Ferreira

10 - Tomas Tavares (Hard season for him and for Benfica...the only RB available for big part of the season. Did make some mistakes defensively but he is only 19 with already alot of minutes champions league included. Overall Benfica paid for excessive youth in the defense this year)

Would you rather have Nuno Tavares over Tomas?

I prefer Nuno personally.

2 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

A solid first start for Jarrad Branthwaite (18) vs.. Sheffield United
halewood_england_january_13_exclusive_co

90 min
🚫 Clean sheet
🚀 4 clearances
⚔ 2 tackles won and 1 blocked shot

Keane/Branthwaite/Holgate 2021 ? :)

Keane overrated and Holgate is not good enough in my opinion.

Holgate comes from the same town as me and went to my school haha

22 minutes ago, Nameless said:

1. Francisco Trinçao

2. Nuno Mendes 

3. Joelson Fernandes 

4. Eduardo Quaresma 

5. Marcus Edwards 

6. Florentino Luis 

7. Fabio Vieira

8. Diogo Costa

9. Tomas Tavares

10. Vitor Ferreira 

@TMCosta was really fast with an answer. Same names, little bit different positions. 

I would add Luis Maximiano but he's turning 22 years old later this year..

3 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

1. Francisco Trinçao

2. Nuno Mendes 

3. Joelson Fernandes 

4. Eduardo Quaresma 

5. Marcus Edwards 

6. Florentino Luis 

7. Fabio Vieira

8. Diogo Costa

9. Tomas Tavares

10. Vitor Ferreira 

@TMCosta was really fast with an answer. Same names, little bit different positions. 

I would add Luis Maximiano but he's turning 22 years old later this year..

I forgot Max (11. no problem hehehe) but i prefer Diogo Costa much more secure

25 minutes ago, TMCosta said:

Challenge accepted.

1 - Francisco Trincão

2 - Nuno Mendes

3 - Joelson Fernandes

4 - Marcus Edwards

5 - Eduardo Quaresma

6 - Fabio Vieira

7 - Florentino Luís

8 - Diogo Costa

9 - Vitor Ferreira

10 - Luis Maximiano

11 - Nuno Tavares

12 - Tomas Tavares

13 - Tiago Dantas

22 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

Grady Diangana (22) Illan Meslier (20) and Said Benrhama (24) three players who I think will have big seasons in the premier league in 2020/21.

I mentioned on the previous page that Meslier is signing permanently for Leeds United which is a massive bonus for the club.

He’s currently rated at 80 on SM which would rise substantially next season if he is a starter which I would imagine he will be.

I actually heard a quote the other day saying that ‘it’s like having Glenn Hoddle in goal with how good he is on the ball’ his distribution is brilliant.

Grady Diangana alongside Pereira is a big reason West Brom are just one game away from being promoted back to the big time.

Grady along with Benrahma I’ve mentioned in the hope that they do move/stay in the premier league I know there are rumours of Diangana moving to Ajax or Celtic but staying at West Ham would still be a good option for the player.

Grady’s rating on SM is 82 and I can see that rising to 84 if West Brom get promoted, I have no doubt that he will be playing in a top division next season somewhere in Europe.

Finally there is no surprise and it’s been well documented on this forum that Benrahma is too good for the Championship and that’s why I see him playing in the EPL next season, plus the speculation helps haha.

He’s a player with immense dribbling talent and has contributed so many goals this season along side top goal scorer in the Championship Ollie Watkins who is another ready for the big leagues.

Benrahma is rated at 84 and could probably rise to 85 if Brentford get promoted but he should go beyond that next season with a move away from Brentford.

I know a lot of you know these players on the forum, I think these talents have a big season ahead in 2020/21.

Benicio Baker-Boaitey

Club - West Ham United

Age - 16

Position - Winger

Transfer links - Bayern, Benfica, PSG etc.

Benicio is the new sought after English talent who has interested numerous clubs around Europe.

He plays on the wing and has a huge depth of skills to beat his opponents, currently plays for West Ham and England at youth level.

Found it hard to find any substantial videos of him apart from this one on a five a side pitch messing around, nothing impressive:

I will keep an eye on how he develops wether he moves abroad or not and keep everyone posted.

SM rating - N/A

Value - N/A

Edited by Kierans91
Added another video, poor quality

--------------------------------- NXT - JPL -------------------------

STANDARD DE LIÈGE
Logo+Standard_Liege.png

Standard Liège is entering the season with a new trainer, Philippe Montanier (ex-Real Sociedad, Stade Rennes) who fully believes in the youth of Standard Liège. Partly due to financial problems, Standard Liège will only get 2 to 3 players this season.

There are still a lot of talents knocking on the door of the Liège team. 3 of the 6 players are Belgian, the others are from Congo, Mali and Burkina Faso. 18-year-old Congolese John Nekadio, 19-year-old Michel-Ange Balikwisha, 19-year-old Damjan Pavlovic, 19-year-old Malian Moussa Sissako and 18-year-old Burkinese.

John Nekadio has a good chance of many minutes next season. The young Congolese is the young brother of Christian Luyindama. He still needs time tactically and with the passing, but Nekadio is, just like Luyindama, reasonably impressive and physically strong.
maxresdefault.jpg

Damjan Pavlovic - with Serbian roots - sometimes played as defender in the youth, but by nature he is a midfielder. It is a very versatile player. Perfect with both feet too. He is currently played as left defender. Pavlovic is mainly still working on the switchover. He will be a backup initially by Nicolas Gavory.
pavlovic.jpg

Michel-Ange Balikwisha then, the quality is there, certainly in the finishing, he must above all work on his variability. If we look at who is reasonably talented, then we are certainly talking about him.
P1266652.JPG?itok=5iTMAIes

With Mitchy Ntelo, there are many doubts due to susceptibility to injury. Yet he has an interesting profile with his speed and depth. He makes perhaps the most surprising impression in the preparation so far.
B9723564971Z.1_20200526221529_000+GRQG2M

Middle

There is also the Burkinese Abdoul Tapsoba. A strong, fast striker, who still needs time. It is a killer that will take everything in the sixteen. He has to adapt even more to European football.
image_3_2_-2-34180.jpg?1591981939

In short, it's been a long time ago a talent break through in this team. Finally they are ready to give youngsters a chance. Can Standard Liège finally return to its roots to find new Axel Witsel's and Marouane Fellaini's? We certainly hope so. Mitchy Ntelo, Abdoul Tapsoba and John Nekadio have the best chance. Nicolas Raskin is a talent that you also know.

To name just a few, only from the academy:
Axel Witsel, Marouane Fellaini, Michy Batshuayi, Christian Benteke, Steven Defour

On 7/21/2020 at 1:02 AM, thorgan lesar said:

KRC Genk

630?appId=2dc96dd3f167e919913d808324cbfe

This season KRC Genk will look younger. There are still some reinforcements on the way to KRC Genk, especially Gerardo Arteaga and Juan Brunetta possibly still from Mexico and Argentina.

The team will already be further, but also young boys from their own Academy knock on the door. I've already talked about Pierre Dwomoh (16 yrs old), but there are still some that are on the way.

You are all familiar with Maarten Vandevoordt (18 yrs old), but next year Shawn Adewoye (20 yrs old), Luca Oyen (17 yrs old), Bryan Limbombe (19 yrs old) and Elias Sierra (18 yrs old) will make a lot chance of playing minutes. Adewoye will compete with Dewaest, Cuesta and Lucumi. Sierra has a lot of competition from Hrošovský, Thorstvedt and Heynen. Oyen will compete with the attacking midfielders and flankers.

In Bryan Limbombe there is a little less faith in KRC Genk, but he is a winger. It is especially very much looking forward to Pierre Dwomoh, Luca Oyen and Shawn Adewoye.

Pierre Dwomoh has already been explained .. Luca Oyen is a talented attacking midfielder who makes quite an impression while preparing for next season. He moves well with ball as well as without ball.

splitscreen-dwomoh-oyen-1_1589314357.png
Dwomoh left, Oyen right

Shawn Adewoye is a promising defender who also impresses in the preparation that can play with both right and left. Adewoye has now had a year of experience with the big boys and seems to have taken quite a few steps.
o76a0633_1548697791.jpg

In my opinion, Elias Sierra is not the greatest talent, but he also makes an impression as a central midfielder during the preparation.
sierra-elias.jpg?w=750&h=500&auto=format

Surprisingly, he might get more chances next season. Bryan Limbombe may frankly fear for a place in the team.
v2_large_5396317bdb27c4961ec6564baeb9531

Other talented foreign players like Benjamin Nygren seem to have a new chance. Kristian Thorstvedt has to get rid of his injuries first. It is also looking forward to Eboué Kouassi and the question is asked if Joakim Mæhle will stay.

In short, the academy from Genk is doing his job again.

To name just a few, only from the academy: Kevin De Bruyne, Thibaut Courtois, Yannick Carrasco, Leandro Trossard, Timothy Castagne, Koen Casteels, Christian Kabasele

Some foreign examples, Wilfried Ndidi, Kalidou Koulibaly, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Sander Berge, Omar Colley, Joseph Aidoo, Ruslan Malinovskiy, Leon Bailey

5 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

STANDARD DE LIÈGE
Logo+Standard_Liege.png

Standard Liège is entering the season with a new trainer, Philippe Montanier (ex-Real Sociedad, Stade Rennes) who fully believes in the youth of Standard Liège. Partly due to financial problems, Standard Liège will only get 2 to 3 players this season.

There are still a lot of talents knocking on the door of the Liège team. 3 of the 6 players are Belgian, the others are from Congo, Mali and Burkina Faso. 18-year-old Congolese John Nekadio, 19-year-old Michel-Ange Balikwisha, 19-year-old Damjan Pavlovic, 19-year-old Malian Moussa Sissako and 18-year-old Burkinese.

John Nekadio has a good chance of many minutes next season. The young Congolese is the young brother of Christian Luyindama. He still needs time tactically and with the passing, but Nekadio is, just like Luyindama, reasonably impressive and physically strong.
maxresdefault.jpg

Damjan Pavlovic - with Serbian roots - sometimes played as defender in the youth, but by nature he is a midfielder. It is a very versatile player. Perfect with both feet too. He is currently played as left defender. Pavlovic is mainly still working on the switchover. He will be a backup initially by Nicolas Gavory.
pavlovic.jpg

Michel-Ange Balikwisha then, the quality is there, certainly in the finishing, he must above all work on his variability. If we look at who is reasonably talented, then we are certainly talking about him.

With Mitchy Ntelo, there are many doubts due to susceptibility to injury. Yet he has an interesting profile with his speed and depth. He makes perhaps the most surprising impression in the preparation so far.

Middle

There is also the Burkinese Abdoul Tapsoba. A strong, fast striker, who still needs time. It is a killer that will take everything in the sixteen. He has to adapt even more to European football.

In short, it's been a long time ago a talent break through in this team. Finally they are ready to give youngsters a chance. Can Standard Liège finally return to its roots to find new Axel Witsel's and Marouane Fellaini's? We certainly hope so. Mitchy Ntelo, Abdoul Tapsoba and John Nekadio have the best chance. Nicolas Raskin is a talent that you also know.

Axel Witsel, Marouane Fellaini, Michy Batshuayi, Christian Benteke, Steven Defour

2 teams to be excited for..  :)

I already made a rapport on the academy of RSC Anderlecht. 

Club Brugge is on their way.. KAA Gent also, but there is the chance not so high to get chances. KAA Gent is working last years to make a step with their youth academy, but it always need some time.

Sorry Thorgan, at the moment don't know whether I'm coming or going. My spreadsheet just takes up so much of my time.

The only thing that comes to mind was: i was wondering about DI Shon Bernard ManU youngster and also what do you think about Chukeweze? Don't know if these 2 fit your analysis characteristics being that they are not Belgian?? I know u have done others so brilliantly.

2 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

STANDARD DE LIÈGE
Logo+Standard_Liege.png

maxresdefault.jpg

pavlovic.jpg

Middle

Thanks for these updates. At the moment the only ones I can see on database are Nekadio and Raskin. Has Raskin been covered before?

CITY GRADUATES TO WATCH OUT FOR!!

Oscar Bobb

Club - Manchester City

Age - 17

Position - Winger

Oscar Bobb is an unbelievable talent who is very capable of making it at most top teams in Europe.

He reminds me of Sancho but left footed in the way he can easily dribble past opponents and find the perfect pass/assist.

Highlights below:

Oscar is another great product of Norway and I’m hopeful he can feature for Manchester City or go to the Bundesliga which served Sancho so well.

SM rating - N/A

Value - N/A

Jayden Braaf

Club - Manchester City

Age - 17

Position - Winger

City graduate Jayden is another player who I think is currently a step ahead of Oscar Bobb in his development and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him playing first team soon maybe on loan or a cup appearance for City.

Braff is from the Netherlands and has played for them at Youth level.

Highlights below:

Jayden Braff shows great pace while dribbling with the ball and has shown on many occasions that he can invade many defenders in flash’s of brilliance.

SM rating - 70

Value - 280k

53 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Thanks for these updates. At the moment the only ones I can see on database are Nekadio and Raskin. Has Raskin been covered before?

Moussa Sissako is also in the database. Raskin, 2 years ago ;) 

Probably will get some chances, but don't expect he will break through in Standard De Liège. 

Just look out for Scandinavia where there is a lot of talent running around. 2 of these players already impress me.

William Bøving
Club - FC København
Age - 17
Position - M(C), AM, A(RLC)
Nationality - Denmark

This Danish player of short stature has a decent football intelligence with which he can distinguish himself well. Strong in 1vs1 duels, can turn easily, quite creative and has good kicking technique. He is quite strong at running without a ball, tactically very good.

Bøving has to make his passing a bit more edgy, but this young Dane is a promising talent who can get his chances next season.

15 games with u19 FC København and 9 goals.

SM - 70
Value - € 240K

Akinkunmi Amoo
Club - Hammarby IF
Age - 18
Position - M(C), AM(RLC)
Nationality - Nigeria

This Nigerian is a player who likes to make the game higher on the field. There is a lot of threat and with such a good passing, he distinguishes himself in this. Pretty fast and technically more than nice. His footballing ability is quite good, but he still has to learn to deliver the ball faster. So especially collectively he needs to approve more.

It will be his first European season with Hammarby in Sweden.

SM - 70
Value - € 240K

2 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

Sorry Thorgan, at the moment don't know whether I'm coming or going. My spreadsheet just takes up so much of my time.

The only thing that comes to mind was: i was wondering about DI Shon Bernard ManU youngster and also what do you think about Chukeweze? Don't know if these 2 fit your analysis characteristics being that they are not Belgian?? I know u have done others so brilliantly.

Di Shon Bernard, good player, but has to grow more positionally. I prefer Mengi, but both are talented to grow in Manchester United. Chukwueze sometimes brilliant, sometimes really bad. He's too irregular, has the potential for a step higher.

2 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

Di Shon Bernard, good player, but has to grow more positionally. I prefer Mengi, but both are talented to grow in Manchester United. Chukwueze sometimes brilliant, sometimes really bad. He's too irregular, has the potential for a step higher.

From what I've heard/read, Mengi is ahead of Bernard in terms of potential to step into the first team.

41 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

Just look out for Scandinavia where there is a lot of talent running around. 2 of these players already impress me.

William Bøving
Club - FC København
Age - 17
Position - M(C), AM, A(RLC)
Nationality - Denmark

This Danish player of short stature has a decent football intelligence with which he can distinguish himself well. Strong in 1vs1 duels, can turn easily, quite creative and has good kicking technique. He is quite strong at running without a ball, tactically very good.

Bøving has to make his passing a bit more edgy, but this young Dane is a promising talent who can get his chances next season.

15 games with u19 FC København and 9 goals.

SM - 70
Value - € 240K

Akinkunmi Amoo
Club - Hammarby IF
Age - 18
Position - M(C), AM(RLC)
Nationality - Nigeria

This Nigerian is a player who likes to make the game higher on the field. There is a lot of threat and with such a good passing, he distinguishes himself in this. Pretty fast and technically more than nice. His footballing ability is quite good, but he still has to learn to deliver the ball faster. So especially collectively he needs to approve more.

It will be his first European season with Hammarby in Sweden.

SM - 70
Value - € 240K

On 6/11/2020 at 10:04 AM, Kierans91 said:

Vinicius Tobias and Akinkunmi Amoo been added this morning to the SM database.

2 very talented players still early on in there development and both yet to make a senior appearance.

Keep an eye on these guys!!

Vinicius Tobias

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-transfers-vinicius-tobias-18306095.amp

Don't know what it is with Manchester City wanting to buy every young talented right back.

Akinkunmi Amoo

You need to start using the search engine mate haha, good stuff though more in depth than my little overview.

12 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

From what I've heard/read, Mengi is ahead of Bernard in terms of potential to step into the first team.

Agreed!

I thought he may of featured, i’m not sure you can get anyone worse than Lindelof haha.