• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gladly, my friend is welcome to do friendly with me. He will use 3-1-3-3 and I will try 3-5-2 tonight. 4-2-4 is a dangerous formation. Never encountered it so far but I used it as my "Losing or D

Yeah you can only see tackling style, mentality, passing style, attacking style, tempo and pressing. Still helpful though 🙂 Edit: Didn’t read his question correctly, I’ll just stick to the p

Hi, I suggest you 4-3-2-1 and the following instructions if you are the stronger team. It works for me.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

Interesting . :)

Any tactical advice for playing a team playing 4231A normal/long balls/flanks ?

I do not come across many teams playing long ball so i have no experience there .

If you are stronger, play with short balls and fast tempo because probably you can't counter your opponent

Is 5-3-2A yield very different results from 3-5-2? My result against 4-3-3B is very different.

I played 2 games against similar rated teams that play 4-3-3B and won comfortably for both of them.

Yesterday I met another 4-3-3B. 2 rating higher than mine (might be 3 because I used my 2nd team). I used 5-3-2A because my DM(R) only has 93% condition. I got annihilated. Only 1 Shot, and my opponent has 15 Shots, 10 on target. My only shot was in the last minute after I switched to 4-2-4 very attacking.

14 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

Interesting . :)

Any tactical advice for playing a team playing 4231A normal/long balls/flanks ?

I do not come across many teams playing long ball so i have no experience there .

That's interesting tactic. 4-2-3-1A is a narrow and compact formation but he use long ball and flanks?

Long ball is very unpopular I guess, I also have no experience playing against team who play long ball. I only used it against higher rated team because my best player is 94 Benzema

Yes he uses a very weird tactic indeed . He even uses his DMC as target man and the playmaker is his AMC .. .

His team is equal to mine . I had in mind to play him with 433B , attacking , direct , flanks , fast .
Still in doubt if I should set men behind ball , tight marking or offside trap against his long ball playing style .

Maybe I should play slow so he has less chance to counter .

7 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

Yes he uses a very weird tactic indeed . He even uses his DMC as target man and the playmaker is his AMC .. .

His team is equal to mine . I had in mind to play him with 433B , attacking , direct , flanks , fast .
Still in doubt if I should set men behind ball , tight marking or offside trap against his long ball playing style .

Maybe I should play slow so he has less chance to counter .

Not sure how SM match engine work. But by logic, offside trap should counter long ball?

High Defensive Line (attacking mentality?) and Offside Trap should be good against long ball

I have losed 0-4, and i am the best Team of the league, sometimes i dont understand this game, my Team is 93 and the other team 90, i play with mbappe and mané in the bands with 4-3-3 B. The others Team of the league use 4-2-3-1B or 4-2-3-1A

Any suggestion?

would i use 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3?

Counterattack?

Offensive?

short passes? Direct?

Hey, I have an important league match against a team who is stronger than me by 1 point.

His formation is 4-2-2-2 in the first half, and 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 in the second half.  He used all normal instructions.

Is there good formation to counter 4-2-2-2?

Is 4-2-3-1B good? in the first meeting my team dominate possession and shots but lose 1-0. Wonder if I should try again and hope better luck.

6 hours ago, JOE GI said:

I have losed 0-4, and i am the best Team of the league, sometimes i dont understand this game, my Team is 93 and the other team 90, i play with mbappe and mané in the bands with 4-3-3 B. The others Team of the league use 4-2-3-1B or 4-2-3-1A

Any suggestion?

Counterattack?

Offensive?

short passes? Direct?

Any suggestion?

Counterattack?

Offensive?

short passes? Direct?

Could you please share your opponents' tactics please? I'm struggling against 4-3-3B 🤣🤣

If you have the best team in the league, it is very weird to lose 0-4. Does your team have concern issues? Low condition players? In ALL of my game world, the division leaders use 4-3-3B

I suggest use 4-3-3B or 4-2-3-1B. Play Attacking, Mixed pass, Slow Tempo, All Over pressing. Don't use Men behind ball. Use tight marking only against team 1 overall rating behind you. If losing, play aggressive, very attacking, fast tempo. If winning, play short.

2 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

Oye, tengo un partido de liga importante contra un equipo que es más fuerte que yo por 1 punto.

Su formación es 4-2-2-2 en la primera mitad y 4-2-3-1 o 4-4-1-1 en la segunda mitad. Usó todas las instrucciones normales.

¿Hay buena formación para contrarrestar el 4-2-2-2?

¿Es bueno 4-2-3-1B? en el primer encuentro mi equipo domina la posesión y los tiros pero pierde 1-0. Me pregunto si debería intentarlo de nuevo y esperar mejor suerte.

¿Podrías compartir las tácticas de tus oponentes, por favor? Estoy luchando contra 4-3-3B 🤣 🤣

Si tienes el mejor equipo de la liga, es muy raro perder 0-4. ¿Su equipo tiene problemas de preocupación? Jugadores de baja condición? En TODO mi mundo de juego, los líderes de división usan 4-3-3B

Sugiero usar 4-3-3B o 4-2-3-1B. Juega al ataque, pase mixto, tempo lento, presión total. No uses Hombres detrás de la pelota. Use marcas estrictas solo contra la calificación general del equipo 1 detrás de usted. Si pierde, juegue agresivo, muy agresivo, con tempo rápido. Si gana, juegue corto.

My Team are 100%, i have played contraatack in the last match, playmaker and target man.

Mixed passes,offensive, fast.

The other team play 4-2-3-1 B, very offensive, mixed passes, mixed attack, fast.

Result: 0-4

Possesion: 58-42

Shots: 13-9

On goal: 2-3

6 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

Hey, I have an important league match against a team who is stronger than me by 1 point.

His formation is 4-2-2-2 in the first half, and 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 in the second half.  He used all normal instructions.

Is there good formation to counter 4-2-2-2?

Is 4-2-3-1B good? in the first meeting my team dominate possession and shots but lose 1-0. Wonder if I should try again and hope better luck.

Could you please share your opponents' tactics please? I'm struggling against 4-3-3B 🤣🤣

If you have the best team in the league, it is very weird to lose 0-4. Does your team have concern issues? Low condition players? In ALL of my game world, the division leaders use 4-3-3B

I suggest use 4-3-3B or 4-2-3-1B. Play Attacking, Mixed pass, Slow Tempo, All Over pressing. Don't use Men behind ball. Use tight marking only against team 1 overall rating behind you. If losing, play aggressive, very attacking, fast tempo. If winning, play short.

I beat sometimes 4-2-3-1B with 4-2-2-2 so I would try a new formation ( for example 4-3-3A)

7 hours ago, JOE GI said:

Mi equipo está al 100%, he jugado contraatack en el último partido, mediapunta y objetivo.

Pases mixtos, ofensivos, rápidos.

El otro equipo juega 4-2-3-1 B, muy ofensivo, pases mixtos, ataque mixto, rápido.

Resultado: 0-4

Posesión: 58-42

Disparos: 13-9

A gol: 2-3

My play maker is toni kroos, with 4-3-3B, he would be DCM?

@TCLVikerz

vs 4222 I have good results with 4231B . attacking , mixed passing , mixed attack (or flanks) , own half .

I won big time from the guy playing 4231A , flanks , long balls , with my 433B , flanks , direct passing , and offside trap . But .. I notice his team was fatigued because he did not rotate his squad after cup game . So not a good reference .

On 25/9/2020 at 8:53, JOE GI said:

Mi equipo está al 100%, he jugado contraatack en el último partido, mediapunta y objetivo.

Pases mixtos, ofensivos, rápidos.

El otro equipo juega 4-2-3-1 B, muy ofensivo, pases mixtos, ataque mixto, rápido.

Resultado: 0-4

Posesión: 58-42

Disparos: 13-9

A gol: 2-3

Any suggestion?

27 minutes ago, TCLVikerz said:

I will play against higher rated team that use 3-5-2

He plays normal, attacking, direct, flanks, normal, all over

He put attacking arrows for both WBs, defensive arrows for all CBs and DM

Any suggestion playing against this team?

I'm finding a solution to against the team use 4-3-3 B cause when I use 4-4-2 A, and I switch all to Normal and Own Half, I lost the game

2 hours ago, rosbear said:

I'm finding a solution to against the team use 4-3-3 B cause when I use 4-4-2 A, and I switch all to Normal and Own Half, I lost the game

Wdym? Use 4-3-3B against 3-5-2?

@Akos01 said that 3-5-2 is good counter to 4-3-3B

I tried using 3-5-2 to play against similar rated 4-3-3B and won both game (losing possession, more shots and shots on target).

So, i don't think 4-3-3B is the answer against 3-5-2

5 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

Wdym? Use 4-3-3B against 3-5-2?

@Akos01 said that 3-5-2 is good counter to 4-3-3B

I tried using 3-5-2 to play against similar rated 4-3-3B and won both game (losing possession, more shots and shots on target).

So, i don't think 4-3-3B is the answer against 3-5-2

I try to find solution for my team, cause when I against an opponent who use 4-3-3B. I'm lose :)) Okay, thanks, I will try it later..

11 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

I will play against higher rated team that use 3-5-2

He plays normal, attacking, direct, flanks, normal, all over

He put attacking arrows for both WBs, defensive arrows for all CBs and DM

Any suggestion playing against this team?

I think 4-5-1B or 4-4-1-1 is the best against 3-5-2.

3 hours ago, rosbear said:

I try to find solution for my team, cause when I against an opponent who use 4-3-3B. I'm lose :)) Okay, thanks, I will try it later..

oh okay. I "accidentally" answered your question then 😁

Idk, it's low sample size. 2 games 2 wins. Didn't win possession for both games despite playing slow/all over. But more shots. Hopefully it will be good for you. I find 4-3-3B hard to beat as well.

29 minutes ago, Akos01 said:

I think 4-5-1B or 4-4-1-1 is the best against 3-5-2.

May I ask how do you know these counter formations? Is it by experience or is there any logic behind each formation?

My team is lacking CMs to play 4-5-1B. I think i either go 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1B again.

2 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

oh okay. I "accidentally" answered your question then 😁

Idk, it's low sample size. 2 games 2 wins. Didn't win possession for both games despite playing slow/all over. But more shots. Hopefully it will be good for you. I find 4-3-3B hard to beat as well.

May I ask how do you know these counter formations? Is it by experience or is there any logic behind each formation?

My team is lacking CMs to play 4-5-1B. I think i either go 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1B again.

Now, it's just logic, I rarely meet with 3-5-2. Obviously, your opponent will attack in the flanks so I tried to find a formation which has 4 players there and good for counters.

Anyone has experience against 3-1-3-3?

I will play against a similar rated team that use 3-1-3-3; Normal; Attacking; Short; Mixed; Fast; All Over

In the previous match, I rest my first XI and got demolished 3-0 using a 4-2-3-1B slow tempo and press all over.

I checked his schedule, he just lose 3-0 against 4-2-3-1B Attacking, Fast Tempo. Fatigue/squad rotation might play a part since its a cup game.

3 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

@TCLVikerzI have never ever come across 3133 formation myself so I have no clue what to do against that . Maybe 532A since that has 3 center defenders but it is just a guess .

I also have a question : VS 424 attack over flanks what do you guys use ? I was thinking 433A through the middle to choke his midfield completely ?

Gladly, my friend is welcome to do friendly with me. He will use 3-1-3-3 and I will try 3-5-2 tonight.

4-2-4 is a dangerous formation. Never encountered it so far but I used it as my "Losing or Drawing at 60 mins" formation and I get a lot of successes using that formation. I think 4-3-3A is a good shout and try to keep possession, and don't put arrow for your side defenders

In my gameworld a lot of people are playing 424 attacking . I even played it myself , but I would like to find a counterformation which "tackles" it , instead of having to match them with 424 all the time . 🥳

I am going to put 2 backwards (defending) arrows on my side defenders with the 433A . Hopefully that will tell the game to let them only defend . 🙄