• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gladly, my friend is welcome to do friendly with me. He will use 3-1-3-3 and I will try 3-5-2 tonight. 4-2-4 is a dangerous formation. Never encountered it so far but I used it as my "Losing or D

Yeah you can only see tackling style, mentality, passing style, attacking style, tempo and pressing. Still helpful though 🙂 Edit: Didn’t read his question correctly, I’ll just stick to the p

Hi, I suggest you 4-3-2-1 and the following instructions if you are the stronger team. It works for me.

Posted Images

vs 424 I won with 433A . The stats were in my favour but during the game he had a lot of shots going for him (felt more than my team) .

My team also did not have a really good score . lots of 6 and only two were 8 rated .

So not really a comfortable counter formation . Might have to test it again in the future .

Another thing maybe you guys know :
What is a good tactic vs someone who plays tempo fast and pressing all over ?

17 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

What is a good tactic vs someone who plays tempo fast and pressing all over ?

Not really sure. That is a very good combo if you have strong team. That's how strong real life teams play nowadays

I guess if you are stronger, do the same. Fight fire with fire and see the goal fest. I see that a lot of teams that use fast and all over in my GW is scoring a lot of goals but conceded more and has inconsistent results.

If I'm weaker, I usually play very defensive, own area press, and men behind ball to combat fast tempo and counter attack with fast tempo to take advantage of poor defensive shape of all over pressing. Get mixed results. I get similar shots/shots on target. So the final result will depend on luck. I think Long Ball could work against all over pressing too.

I haven't experiment much using long ball. But currently I just joined connect game world where the teams are insanely high rated! I'm going to experiment very defensive setup with long ball and see the results

If only they had a proper manual to explain what certain passing styles are good for or what they counter . Or what the drawbacks of all over pressing are .. . We could at least figure out a proper tactic versus certain opponents playing style .

Pressing all over , I would personally think that short passing is a counter to that . But here we are , guessing .

Kinda disagree about the game giving the manual to give the counter tactic for each instruction. I think the tactic should be vague enough to let us guess/analyze, or else hardcore managers will always win against noobs.

What I like is better statistics shown than current one. First of all, they need to fix 2d matches that not aligned with the match report. Then, I think they should have statistics for every 15 minutes, to see whether our in-game instruction doing well or not.

And hopefully they add more statistical metric. Something like Whoscored's action zones would be good.

And btw, you also need to take formation into consideration with your passing style. I used to play 4-2-3-1B short passing and won possession in all of my games. After signing a high-rated CF, I played 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 short passing and get worse result and occasionally losing possession. So it's not just that short pass/long ball good against all over pressing.

I have never said that they "should give a manual for a counter tactic for each situation" .. 😇 That's something coming from you .

BUT if I can guess what tactic my opponent will set on matchday , I should at least be able to figure out a countertactic for that tactic which I think he will use . That's what a good manager should do .

I don't find it normal that after 15 years , people are still guessing about what the arrows do , wether morale is a pure cosmetic distraction or not , or if setting a captain actually does something . The list of uncertainties is endless .

They should explain properly what in game options are doing . 

Like what is the ingame pro and con of pressing all over for example . Lots might think they know or have their own reality about what it does . But in fact no one knows .

Another thing that I noticed :
My opponent uses an attacking arrow on his 4231B no.9 . Why can't I give my no.9 an attacking arrow on my pc or ipad (only normal or defensive is possible) ? I can only do it in the android app .
So , if it is not possible to do this on pc or ipad , does that mean the attacking arrow on a no.9 forward does not do anything anyway ?
Or is it a hack only for android users to make their forward :superattacking" .

I was wondering about those attacking arrows on forwards too! So it is only for android users? 🤪

And please explain these arrows as well. From the 1st position in my game world.

There is no descriptions about arrows in the online help section. So, I believe that they are cosmetics.

weird arrows.PNG

8 minutes ago, TCLVikerz said:

I was wondering about those attacking arrows on forwards too! So it is only for android users? 🤪

And please explain these arrows as well. From the 1st position in my game world.

There is no descriptions about arrows in the online help section. So, I believe that they are cosmetics.

weird arrows.PNG

8 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

I have never said that they "should give a manual for a counter tactic for each situation" .. 😇 That's something coming from you .

BUT if I can guess what tactic my opponent will set on matchday , I should at least be able to figure out a countertactic for that tactic which I think he will use . That's what a good manager should do .

I don't find it normal that after 15 years , people are still guessing about what the arrows do , wether morale is a pure cosmetic distraction or not , or if setting a captain actually does something . The list of uncertainties is endless .

They should explain properly what in game options are doing . 

Like what is the ingame pro and con of pressing all over for example . Lots might think they know or have their own reality about what it does . But in fact no one knows .

Another thing that I noticed :
My opponent uses an attacking arrow on his 4231B no.9 . Why can't I give my no.9 an attacking arrow on my pc or ipad (only normal or defensive is possible) ? I can only do it in the android app .
So , if it is not possible to do this on pc or ipad , does that mean the attacking arrow on a no.9 forward does not do anything anyway ?
Or is it a hack only for android users to make their forward :superattacking" .

What the arrows do should be pretty obvious, such as setting a CM to play defensive or attacking.

I only really use PC and the arrows work fine for me. However, I noticed once or twice that for my forwards I couldn't set them to attacking (forwards arrow), so I went to a different GW or the main screen, then clicked back on the GW in question and it worked fine. Just a glitch I guess. Maybe try a different browser or log out and back in to the GW and it should work. It has done for me, but as I said, not normally a problem. 

4 hours ago, Kev said:

What the arrows do should be pretty obvious, such as setting a CM to play defensive or attacking.

I only really use PC and the arrows work fine for me. However, I noticed once or twice that for my forwards I couldn't set them to attacking (forwards arrow), so I went to a different GW or the main screen, then clicked back on the GW in question and it worked fine. Just a glitch I guess. Maybe try a different browser or log out and back in to the GW and it should work. It has done for me, but as I said, not normally a problem. 

What browser/interface do you use? I use new interface/firefox and can't set attacking arrows for my forwards. I already tried to go to other GW/main screen and go back and there is still no option to set attacking arrow

11 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

What browser/interface do you use? I use new interface/firefox and can't set attacking arrows for my forwards. I already tried to go to other GW/main screen and go back and there is still no option to set attacking arrow

I mainly use the new interface and Opera, but it works for me in Firefox too. 

9 hours ago, Kev said:

I mainly use the new interface and Opera, but it works for me in Firefox too. 

Still doesn't work on Firefox. I tried it on my android app, and it works!

Wow after all these years I just know it! 😅

But I think having dispersed arrow is good for playing long ball, which is not my style. I remember reading a thread about someone experimenting on giving crazy arrows (attacking for defenders, defensive for forwards) and turns out that he got a very high possession.

Anybody has experience against 4-4-2C (diamond)?

I lost 2 games against weaker sides that use 4-4-2C. I used 4-3-3B for those 2 games. I guess my mid can't beat the diamond midfielders.

So annoyed, I lose the shield final against team weaker by 1 rating and his players condition are at 80% range.

I guess 4-4-2C is a good counter formation against 4-3-3B then...

On 10/14/2020 at 11:53 AM, TCLVikerz said:

Anybody has experience against 4-4-2C (diamond)?

I lost 2 games against weaker sides that use 4-4-2C. I used 4-3-3B for those 2 games. I guess my mid can't beat the diamond midfielders.

So annoyed, I lose the shield final against team weaker by 1 rating and his players condition are at 80% range.

I guess 4-4-2C is a good counter formation against 4-3-3B then...

I had some good results with 4-2-2-2, but recently, I didn't play against 4-4-2C

3 hours ago, Akos01 said:

I had some good results with 4-2-2-2, but recently, I didn't play against 4-4-2C

I can see 4-2-2-2 good against 4-3-3s.

Beware of 4-2-3-1B tho, I have 100% record against team who use 4-2-2-2 😁. Not even the final scoreline, I beat them in possession and shots as well. There is a cheater in my game world and he use 4-2-2-2, I PMed all manager that about to meet him to use 4-2-3-1B, currently all managers who did that won against that cheater!

On 10/10/2020 at 7:50 AM, TCLVikerz said:

I haven't experiment much using long ball. But currently I just joined connect game world where the teams are insanely high rated! I'm going to experiment very defensive setup with long ball and see the results

Ok, very defensive setup + long balls doesn't work. Tried all formations like 5-3-2, 5-2-3, 5-4-1, 3-2-2-2-1 but I get 100% losing record, even against similar rated teams. I see that I have low possession (~40%), similar shots, but significantly low shots on target.

I guess playing 4-2-3-1B very defensive, with Fast tempo and Own Area pressing is better against higher rated teams, I often get results that way.

2 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

Ok, very defensive setup + long balls doesn't work. Tried all formations like 5-3-2, 5-2-3, 5-4-1, 3-2-2-2-1 but I get 100% losing record, even against similar rated teams. I see that I have low possession (~40%), similar shots, but significantly low shots on target.

I guess playing 4-2-3-1B very defensive, with Fast tempo and Own Area pressing is better against higher rated teams, I often get results that way.

I have similar experienced except 4-2-4. Sometimes It works with this setup