Need tactical help.

Kurt angle

Just now, Akos01 said:

I think it is good. With fast tempo, defensive mentality, and direct balls

Similar teams, attacking mentality, attacking down both flanks... (my oponent)

If I play attacking mentality, short passing style and through the middle, should I win the ball posession and have more oportunities to score?

thanks

1 hour ago, Patron said:

Similar teams, attacking mentality, attacking down both flanks... (my oponent)

If I play attacking mentality, short passing style and through the middle, should I win the ball posession and have more oportunities to score?

thanks

Probably yes, but I didn't try it against good opponent. I prefer counter attacks

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

RecentlyI had pretty good results in 2 different GWs against better teams with this setup :

4-3-3A

Hard tackling

Mentality: very defensive

Fast tempo

Direct passing style

pressing own half

mixed attacking area

And tick tight marking, playmaker and counter attacks

On 2/22/2021 at 3:50 PM, Akos01 said:

Hi everyone,

RecentlyI had pretty good results in 2 different GWs against better teams with this setup :

4-3-3A

Hard tackling

Mentality: very defensive

Fast tempo

Direct passing style

pressing own half

mixed attacking area

And tick tight marking, playmaker and counter attacks

Hi mate nice one....could you send a screenshot pls

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Patron said:

Hello,

What are the best instructions and play style for the 4-3-2-1 B when you are the better team? 
What should I change here? 
thanks 

4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1B? There is no 4-3-2-1B, mate 🤣

Well if you are better team, play attacking. Untick tight marking and men behind ball because it will make your team more defensive.

https://www.soccermanager.com/help.php?action=loadarticle&aid=140

I also like to press All over, usually it give me more possession, but more condition % consumed..

1 hour ago, TCLVikerz said:

4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1B? There is no 4-3-2-1B, mate 🤣

Well if you are better team, play attacking. Untick tight marking and men behind ball because it will make your team more defensive.

https://www.soccermanager.com/help.php?action=loadarticle&aid=140

I also like to press All over, usually it give me more possession, but more condition % consumed..

Cant wait to see how it applied to my team, thanks to your reply on another thread sir. May eager to live this thread again because this is a where tactic should be discussed 🙏

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

What's the experience with the 5-4-1-B , both defensive and offensive playing style ?

Is it a good formation vs certain other formations or just meh ?

I think  with defensive mentality it's good against 433B

I never tried with offensive style

I would like to find a strong defensive formation that can be played along with following instructions:

mentality defensive
tackling aggressive
temp fast
pressing all over

(I want to maximize cards and injuries so players wont start to complain regarding lack of games)

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently playing 3-4-3 with defensive mentality . arrows backwards on all players except my 3 attackers .
tried to tick Men behind ball , and now switched it to tight marking .

Eating goals like crazy . 13 goals against in 5 matches , while I am one of the top teams ...

My players all scoring 7 or higher in most matches . yet lost 4 of out 5 matches .

10 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

I am currently playing 3-4-3 with defensive mentality . arrows backwards on all players except my 3 attackers .
tried to tick Men behind ball , and now switched it to tight marking .

Eating goals like crazy . 13 goals against in 5 matches , while I am one of the top teams ...

My players all scoring 7 or higher in most matches . yet lost 4 of out 5 matches .

I don't think giving backward arrows to every non strikers are a good idea, anyway, I usually use popular 4-2-3-1 B with instructions given in a thread here somewhere ( I cant remember where ) and I am having success with this tactics.

I tried 4231B last few seasons and my team always underperformed . So I am looking at another tactic . Preferably pressing all over and defensive .

In a 4231B all 4 in the backline get mostly 6 , sometimes 7 ratings . With 343 they get mostly 7 sometimes 8 . It looks like an improvement .

Overall the ratings of my players currently are very good every match . So I might just be having crazy bad luck losing 4 out of 5 games ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...