Need tactical help.

Kurt angle

1 hour ago, Kierans91 said:

Yeah you can only see tackling style, mentality, passing style, attacking style, tempo and pressing.

Still helpful though ūüôā

Edit: Didn‚Äôt read his¬†question correctly, I‚Äôll just stick to the predictions section ūüėāūüôą

Noooo, don't abandon us :)

4 hours ago, Kierans91 said:

If you don’t want to buy SM credits for the game because why would you haha, you can always look at your opponents previous game and see there tactics.

Theres always a chance your¬†opponent will just play the same¬†tactics ūüėä

Edit: didn’t read you question correctly, akos is right there is no way of see if your opponent is using tight marking etc, I’m afraid it’s pay to win to see this.

Yeah this would make sense.

I only use the playmaker ‚úĒÔłŹ¬†

You have to be on the old interface on a browser like the  computer to see everything. 

On 7/4/2020 at 12:31 PM, topofthebilly said:

Good to know unmanaged teams have 0 tickmarks . I didnt know that .

vs 433A all normal no ticks I will set 343 attacking/direct/fast with counter/tight marking/men behind ball .

Will see how it goes but should be winning I guess .

Hopefully his keeper will not be MVP .

Ended in a draw vs the one third but last in the rankings .

343 seems no good vs 433A .

his team average rating 87 , mine 89 .

18 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

Ended in a draw vs the one third but last in the rankings .

343 seems no good vs 433A .

his team average rating 87 , mine 89 .

I experienced that weaker teams sometimes have an unbeaten run. But maybe it is just a random thing

To be honest I don't like 3-4-3 very much. It seems a bit static for me

343 was just a one time try for me . I don't think I will use it again after this .
My team was way stronger and way better and I get a draw with it vs a relegation team with 433A , all default no tickmarks .

I want to start using a playmaker . Never used it before .
-Which position would you recommend in a 4231B to set as playmaker ?
-Would you set an arrow on the playmaker in some situations ? OR is it best to set no arrows on the playmaker ever .
-Are there other considerations ? Like , is it best to set mixed passing always when using a playmaker ?

16 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

343 was just a one time try for me . I don't think I will use it again after this .
My team was way stronger and way better and I get a draw with it vs a relegation team with 433A , all default no tickmarks .

I want to start using a playmaker . Never used it before .
-Which position would you recommend in a 4231B to set as playmaker ?
-Would you set an arrow on the playmaker in some situations ? OR is it best to set no arrows on the playmaker ever .
-Are there other considerations ? Like , is it best to set mixed passing always when using a playmaker ?

In 4-2-3-1B one of the defensive midfielders is the playmaker

If I play with defensive mentality and direct balls I usually set defensive arrow. But never use attacking arrow for playmakers.

I think you can use playmaker with every playing style but If you are playing with short passes, you should use it.

But note that using playmaker don't needed every time.

47 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

I have a DMC who is 2 points higher rated than the rest of my team , so that's why i was thinking of trying a playmaker .

I never use short passes . mostly I use mixed or direct .

For playmaker it is best to use either mixed or short ?

For me, short if you play with attacking mentality and direct for defensive.( If you use playmaker)

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, RNPT10 said:

Any specific instructions?

Defensive mentality, direct balls, fast tempo, press own half/all over ( depends on the quality of your opponent), attacking in both flanks

And use counter attack, men behind the ball, and tight marking, maybe finisher if you have a good striker.

10 hours ago, Akos01 said:

Defensive mentality, direct balls, fast tempo, press own half/all over ( depends on the quality of your opponent), attacking in both flanks

And use counter attack, men behind the ball, and tight marking, maybe finisher if you have a good striker.

Thanks, I won.

The first 23 mins were nerve wrecking as I was 2-0 down, then  on 24th minute my team scored. From then on comeback, 3-2 win

5 minutes ago, Akos01 said:

I suggest this. Your opponent is better so use defensive arrows too.

And replace Gnabry, he is tired.

The playmaker is the defensive midfielder ( here López)

Screenshot_2020-07-25-22-51-14-554_com.soccermanagerltd.worlds.png

Screenshot_2020-07-25-22-51-54-279_com.soccermanagerltd.worlds.png

Ok. I will try,  I will tell you the result tomorrow 

if you are defensive or very defensive, i've read that picking a play maker is not a good idea.  With Dzeko as your FC, playing on the counter with him as your target man should work well.   Even as long ago as it was written up, i still find the following thread a good way to reset your tactical thinking:

I also like to use the mobile app so that the game shows you the players strongest single position.  For some players, they seem not to have one single best position (like Saul from Atletico).

9 hours ago, Hrodulf said:

if you are defensive or very defensive, i've read that picking a play maker is not a good idea.  With Dzeko as your FC, playing on the counter with him as your target man should work well.   Even as long ago as it was written up, i still find the following thread a good way to reset your tactical thinking:

I also like to use the mobile app so that the game shows you the players strongest single position.  For some players, they seem not to have one single best position (like Saul from Atletico).

I think this thread is bit old, since that, there were updates in the game engine.

I agree with that point, if you use defensive mentality and short balls, you shouldn't use playmaker. But with direct balls, it is okay for me.