European Nations Transfer/Match Report Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: European Nations Transfer/Match Report Thread European Nation News Issue #1 - 2/2/08 Introduction Hello and welcome to the first issue of European Nation News. This will keep you up to dat

Re: European Nations Transfer/Match Report Thread Racing SantCAN'Tder Arsenal boss Sparky has made his feud with Racing Santander manager public. The boss told Arsenal.com; "He's just mad!

Re: European Nations Transfer/Match Report Thread VS GONZALEZ BOOST FOR PORTO !!! Stadium: Ibrox Toinght FC Porto face off against Scottish big guns Glasgow Rangers. This is what Po

Re: European Nations Transfer/Match Report Thread

Blackburn Rovers secure survival!

Blackburn 2 - 1 Everton

Goals from Lassana Diarra (4) and man of the match Carlos Mineiro (50) at the start of each half secure a crucial win for the Rovers, with a goal in between for Everton scored by Steven Pienaar (20). This win extends Blackburns unbeaten run to 4 games, with 3 consecutive 2-1 victories, to secure their survival in Division One for next season, with one game still to go. Manager Mr Nice Guy said, "I'm delighted with this win, it was a fantastic team performance, we have taken the pressure off with a game left, and can now relax and look towards next season. It was vital we stayed up this season, we have a good team, and hopefully we can secure the services of a couple of good players over the break and look to improve next season, although again our target will only be to survive. We probably started the season with the weakest squad in the division, but have made some good signings and the team are finally starting to gel. I'm delighted with our achievement."

Finally lost in the leauge :eek::(

Diego Milito came back tonight from injury.. INJURED AGAIN :mad:

I mean i play tackling style "Normal" and have had like 4 or 5 players injured for more than 2+ week... starting to annoy me.

Also to add to Milito gone.. My last decent striker also got injured.. 5 days too long as season ends thursday.. meaning i will have to play a 71 rated striker upfront :eek::rolleyes:

Think i will be Premoted to Div.1 though..

Spurs win at a cost!

Spurs beat Newcastle 3-1 at home to end Newcastle's hopes of surviving in Division 1. But the win came at a massive cost as Pascal Feinduono is now out 4 at least 4 weeks maning he will miss the start of the new season.

Battle for fourth Place

Spurs now only need to match Aston Villa's result on the last day of the season to grab fourth place and complete a largely succesful season.

Udinese Crowned Champions

A goal from starman Antonio Di Natale helped Udinese to a 1-0 win over struggling Palermo, however it did come at a cost, Daniel Montenegro AND Antonio Di Natale are now both suspended for the next three games after both being sent off :mad: . Juve slipped up with a 1-0 loss to Lazio, so i'm now 4 points clear with a game to go :D . Battle for third place looks interesting with Milan and Lazio playing each other in the final game of the season to see who goes through, only a win will do for Lazio, as their goal difference is inferior to Milans.

49_front_small.gif140.gif11_front_small.gif

Barcelona News

Barcelona Take Top Spot

Barcelona host unbeaten Zaragoza at the Nou Camp, hoping to break that unbeaten record and take top spot from them. Coming into the game, Barcelona had 29 points, one behind Zaragoza and a win for Zaragoza would mean champions and a draw for them would mean that both teams are promoted.

Pham still chose his favored 3-4-1-2 formation to counter Zaragoza's 4-3-1-2 formation. Barcelona played their best players with Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Messi up front, they have terrorized every team's defense, scoring a total of 23 goals in between them, more than half of their total. While the R-E-M are on excellent form, the Zaragoza offensive team have 18 goals in between them.

Barcelona surprisingly conceded first when a long ball from the Zaragoza defense is controlled very well by their star man Diego Milito who volleys past the motionless goalkeeper. That is Milito's ninth goal of the season, but he is still one goal behind David Villa, the leader in the Pichichi standings.

a_337368a.jpg

((A superb volley by the Argentine))

Five minutes after the break, another Argentine shines. There are two Argentines playing for Barcelona and three for Zaragoza. Lionel Messi gets his eighth of the season as he heads the ball powerfully past Marco Amelia, equalizing. Just 12 minutes later, Lionel Messi made it 2-2 after he scores with a header again, this time from a dangerously whipped corner. Those two goals were Messi's eighth and ninth, equaling Milito on the Pichichi standings.

Lionel_Messi_31mar2007.jpg

((Lionel Messi gets his eighth and ninth of the season))

In between Messi's two goals was a goal from Ricardo Oliveira, getting his eighth of the season. Another header when a dangerous cross from the right by Diogo is headed home easily. Oliveira and Milito have been the best strike partnership in the whole league, along with Samuel Eto'o and Lionel Messi.

((Ricardo Oliveira keeps high hopes of winning the Golden Shoe))

Sixteen minutes after replacing Ronaldinho, German star strikes for the first time in his seven games. Mario Gomez rounds Marco Amelia and scores from an acute angle for the first time in his Barcelona career. Not bad for a 22 year old who has just clocked up 210 minutes. Mario Gomez has been replacing Ronaldinho for the last seven matches and has finally got a goal. Going along with the goal is the MoM Award.

gohoch.jpg

((Scores his first after moving to Barcelona, also wins the MoM award))

Four minutes from time, Juan Roman Riquelme adds to his own goal tally to increase it to four goals in seventeen appearances. Riquelme has been a very important part of the team since moving back to Barcelona from Boca Juniors in the pre-season transfer window.

Riquelme_468x652.jpg

((Riquelme scores his fourth of the season))

I guess i can already congratulate Barcelona' date=' Zaragoza and Santander/Valencia for achieving promotion, cause i bet i wont win in the derby :([/quote']

yeah right, behold the trashing Betis will give whoever the play in the derby on Thursday, for he has began to wield his underdog image once again, the image that leads to underestimation, as Watlw will trash whoever stand in the way of promotion!

Klinsman

ROFL!:D

yeah right' date=' behold the trashing Betis will give whoever the play in the derby on Thursday, for he has began to wield his underdog image once again, the image that leads to underestimation, as Watlw will trash whoever stand in the way of promotion!

[b']

Klinsman

[/b]

ROFL!:D

i wish i'd beat Sevilla to be honest, but with the current luck my team has, i bet its gonna end up in a draw 1:1 and valencia or Santander will win.

:eek: :eek:

LIVERPOOL HAVE WON THE EPL!!!!:eek:

Liverpool won 3-1, while both United & Arsenal lost 2-1 each!:eek:

Well done Kevche......

Won't be so lucky next season ;)

Arsenal finished 3rd, leve on points with United who finish 2nd

thanks everyone for participating!!!!!

And I guess this year's champions are the ROE team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Next Sunday - New Season - New Table ;)

England will win it for sure!!!:D

:eek: :eek:

LIVERPOOL HAVE WON THE EPL!!!!:eek:

Liverpool won 3-1' date=' while both United & Arsenal lost 2-1 each!:eek:

Well done Kevche......

Won't be so lucky next season ;)

Arsenal finished 3rd, leve on points with United who finish 2nd

thanks everyone for participating!!!!!

And I guess this year's champions are the ROE team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Next Sunday - New Season - New Table ;)

England will win it for sure!!!:D[/quote']

You said that Liverpool had no chance as they were 4 points off :confused:

Bilbao lost 3-0 to Barcelona who dominated the match. Barcelona have won the league after an amazing run of form which has now given them the Championship. Congrats to Zaragoza and Valencia for also being promoted. What a shame for the impressive Betis and Racing. A nice 6th place finish for us. Bilbao would like to loan Valdes for another season and is hoping a deal can be arranged for one more loaned season.

i wish i'd beat Sevilla to be honest' date=' but with the current luck my team has, i bet its gonna end up in a draw 1:1 and valencia or Santander will win.[/quote']

why do i always have to predict outcomes correctly? :(

Congrats for promotion to the others.

P.S. I lost all matches today on that account. Shame on the Match engine :(

Spurs Choke!

Spurs lost 3-1 at home to Liverpool to end their chances of finishing fourth as Aston Villa secured a draw that sees them finishing fourth. I would like to congratulate Samir the Villa manager for managing his team extremely well.

Transfer News

After receiving money from the SMFA Spurs now have a massive 52 million:eek:to spend and are waiting for the transfers to be processed to confirm 3 new signings for next season. They are also very likely to receive money from the chairman to boost their transfer kitty.

Transfer News

After receiving money from the SMFA Spurs now have a massive 52 million:eek:to spend and are waiting for the transfers to be processed to confirm 3 new signings for next season. They are also very likely to receive money from the chairman to boost their transfer kitty.

meanwhile... Bayern Munich' date=' for winning the league receive a massive *drum role* .... [b']£2.7 million[/b] :o:P , which give them a final total of £5.6 mil :eek: . As you can see Bayern are going to be spending mad throughout the season break :rolleyes:

meanwhile... Bayern Munich' date=' for winning the league receive a massive *drum role* .... [b']£2.7 million[/b] :o:P , which give them a final total of £5.6 mil :eek: . As you can see Bayern are going to be spending mad throughout the season break :rolleyes:

Actually I only received 5,250,000 for finishing fifth.:D

I actually won last night against Everton although i still go down. It was a 3-2 victory which ended a 10 game winless run. I received just over a million pounds for finishing 9th and have 31.5 million, so i will be improving the squad over the break.

Well done to everyone that got promoted. :)

I actually won last night against Everton although i still go down. It was a 3-2 victory which ended a 10 game winless run. I received just over a million pounds for finishing 9th and have 31.5 million' date=' so i will be improving the squad over the break.

Well done to everyone that got promoted. :)[/quote']

i got about 13m right now, so I'll be in div 2 with money.

What are your aims for next season Sam?

Oh and Markprendo, Atlanta,Parma and Benfica are available:)