Jump to content

Forum Update Problems (Aug 2020)


Recommended Posts

A few people have reported problems with the latest forum update. If something isn't working as it should, please list the problem below, along with the operating system you use.

Please try logging out and back in / refreshing and so on before reporting problems to make sure the latest update is running properly for you.

I can then message Invision with a list of any bugs and so on, so they can fix or advise on what to do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hrodulf said:

The main thing I’ve noticed is how very slow it now is to refresh or move to a new page.  

I thought this was my internet 😂

@Kev

I know I’ve mentioned this several times and I bet you are probably getting bored of me, posted 2 images below one pre updated version and one with the new updated.

2102033C-DB66-4C2C-8033-9D69C15EEC5E.png.07102f454e9edf1030ce6e3a7870cdb1.png

Top right corner of this image is a ‘sign in’ button, I currently don’t have this so I have to find other avenues to be able to sign into the forum.

A184D1E2-21BA-4D74-85CA-F89682F55E36.thumb.png.b5395adf1be63e9a6877c2e1932f0234.png

This is the updated version with no ‘sign in’ but in the top right corner there is no notifications tab just 3 symbols, 1 to search, 1 to create a new topic and 1 to go back to the home screen.

I don’t know if there is anyway you can raise this with Invision.

If you don’t understand then I will try explain more through a private message 🙂

TIA.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've also found it a little slower.

@Kierans91

This is the page I get with the new update:

1.png

 

So I still have sign in. After taking that screenshot I logged in again and this is what I get, including the notifications which i deliberately didn't touch for an hour or so to check if they went away. Still there for me: 

2.png

 

So it works as normal for me. We need to work out why it's not for you. What browsers and operating systems do you use?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kev said:

I've also found it a little slower.

@Kierans91

This is the page I get with the new update:

1.png

 

So I still have sign in. After taking that screenshot I logged in again and this is what I get, including the notifications which i deliberately didn't touch for an hour or so to check if they went away. Still there for me: 

2.png

 

So it works as normal for me. We need to work out why it's not for you. What browsers and operating systems do you use?

Ahh that’s what it should look like, I don’t get the bell, the private message icon or the ⚠️ Symbol which is shown on yours at the top right next to your profile picture.

Im on an IPhone using the safari app to get on to the internet, that is all I know I’m not very good when it comes to technology.

EDIT: 

This is an example of the only notification I get, this notification then disappears after about 5 or 6 seconds.

If there are multiple notifications then I would only be able to see the first one that is presented to me on the screen, once I click on this or refresh my page all these notifications disappear.

A03CB861-FB60-4D13-8C27-30543FF58A6A.thumb.png.5cec1c24f34e1fb0231b6f4e8ddf7e24.png

As you can see, there is no notification in the top right which is displayed on your screenshot on the post previous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kev said:

I've also found it a little slower.

@Kierans91

This is the page I get with the new update:

1.png

 

So I still have sign in. After taking that screenshot I logged in again and this is what I get, including the notifications which i deliberately didn't touch for an hour or so to check if they went away. Still there for me: 

2.png

 

So it works as normal for me. We need to work out why it's not for you. What browsers and operating systems do you use?

I agree with Kieran in phone I don't get these three icons (🔔, ✉️, ⚠️).

I get topic trending, create new and search icons (📰, , 🔍).

This reminds me how do I go to PM? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I agree with Kieran in phone I don't get these three icons (🔔, ✉️, ⚠️).

I get topic trending, create new and search icons (📰, , 🔍).

This reminds me how do I go to PM? 

Just click on a user name and you can pm someone that way.

 

I'll need operating systems / browsers from people if possible, it's clearly only an issue for some users, so I need to find out what systems aren't working properly before I message Invision support. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kev said:

Just click on a user name and you can pm someone that way.

 

I'll need operating systems / browsers from people if possible, it's clearly only an issue for some users, so I need to find out what systems aren't working properly before I message Invision support. 

It's an issue for mobile users. You can login via mobile to see the real differences (problems). I tried attaching but it would allow, again via phone. 

Somethings are just not explainable. You use laptop/computer for forum. All you have to do is login via phone to know what we phone users are talking about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nameless said:

It's an issue for mobile users. You can login via mobile to see the real differences (problems). I tried attaching but it would allow, again via phone. 

Somethings are just not explainable. You use laptop/computer for forum. All you have to do is login via phone to know what we phone users are talking about.

OK, I rarely use phone for much at all, but just checked and it's the same for me using Android. I'll message Invision about this now.

All I can suggest for the moment, is clicking on the 3 dots icon (top right on phone) and switching to the desktop version. That works for me. But I'll let them know and see if we can get a fix. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Kev said:

OK, I rarely use phone for much at all, but just checked and it's the same for me using Android. I'll message Invision about this now.

All I can suggest for the moment, is clicking on the 3 dots icon (top right on phone) and switching to the desktop version. That works for me. But I'll let them know and see if we can get a fix. 

I use Android as well. The issues are for all mobile phones. The software, phone, model doesn't matter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nameless said:

I use Android as well. The issues are for all mobile phones. The software, phone, model doesn't matter. 

Yeah, it appears so. Like I said, all I can suggest for now is to use the desktop version on your phone if possible. I've messaged support, they should reply within 24 hours, so hopefully we'll get this sorted before too long. Apologies for the problems. It's not an SM issue, and as far as I can tell, not something I'm able to fix on my own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The quoting thing isn't very clear even on desktop. I'm just seeing it as a small indentation. It was much clearer when there was a box around the quoted text. I find the scrollbar slider difficult to locate sometimes, but that was also true before the update and might be a browser thing. I'm using Chromium. 

Edited by lemontrees
changed a word
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

Success at long last. So Why is it so small on Sir Rahul's thread? Just uploaded it there and it's uselessly Narrow???

At the moment, I can't answer that. But let's hope it's a sign of things to come! I'll be away for several hours shortly, hopefully I'll have more info/updates when i return. Apologies again for the inconvenience. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hrodulf said:

The main thing I’ve noticed is how very slow it now is to refresh or move to a new page.  

 

12 hours ago, Kev said:

I've also found it a little slower.

@Kierans91

This is the page I get with the new update:

1.png

 

So I still have sign in. After taking that screenshot I logged in again and this is what I get, including the notifications which i deliberately didn't touch for an hour or so to check if they went away. Still there for me: 

2.png

 

So it works as normal for me. We need to work out why it's not for you. What browsers and operating systems do you use?

Definitely much slower when selecting new page or refreshing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kev said:

Yeah, it appears so. Like I said, all I can suggest for now is to use the desktop version on your phone if possible. I've messaged support, they should reply within 24 hours, so hopefully we'll get this sorted before too long. Apologies for the problems. It's not an SM issue, and as far as I can tell, not something I'm able to fix on my own. 

I am Windows 10, Firefox, and experience the narrowing of the page format in some threads. (Sir Rahul's, XCosta, etc ... )

I really appreciate your efforts in trying to sort it out, Kev. Thank you!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...