8.Nick Ward

9.Danny Vukovic

10.Nigel Boogaard

2 great young players not playing in the A-League

1.James Troisi

2.Dario Vidosic

1.Robbie Kruse

r191303_720438.jpg

(born 5 October 1988)Recruited in 2007 by Frank Farina, Kruse was injured during an otherwise successful Hyundai A-League preseason during training. He scored on debut against Wellington Phoenix on 5 October 2007 with what was to be the winning goal for that game. On the 19th of October 2007 Kruse struck against the Newcastle Jets for his second goal of his A-League career. On the 16th of November Kruse struck his third goal of his A-League career with an excellent curling effort to the far post as Queensland beat Melbourne 1-0. Kruse and his close friend Michael Zullo have formed a good partnership with each playing either side of a striker in a three-man attack for Queensland which has coincided with a seven match unbeaten streak.

2.Michael Zullo

roar4_narrowweb__300x458,0.jpg

(born 11 September 1988 in Brisbane, Australia)After being signed by the current Queensland Roar coach Frank Farina on a two year contract, Zullo played five of the six opening games of the season, coming on as a substitute. On his first eleven debut against Wellington Phoenix, his sixth appearance for Queensland, he scored in the opening minutes of the game and set up a first half added-time goal for fellow youngster and close friend Robbie Kruse.

3.Mark Milligan

r124150_402850.jpg

(born August 4, 1985)Milligan previously played for Northern Spirit FC in the National Soccer League. He joined Sydney F.C. prior to the commencement of the inaugural A League season in 2005-2006 but due to injury did not debut until the round 13 match against Queensland Roar when he came on as a substitute for David Zdrilic at Aussie Stadium. He was one of Sydney FC's best performers of the season. He played consistently until being suspended after the major semi final victory over Adelaide United and missed the Grand Final victory over Central Coast.

Overseas ambitions

FourFourTwo magazine revealed on July 28, 2007 that after the Asian Cup Milligan had gone without his club's permission to trial for teams in Europe. Milligan was linked with French sides FC Metz and RC Lens. The following day Milligan reportedly walked out on Metz just before a scheduled trial game appearance against Standard Liege, allegedly out of frustration at the right-back position he would be trialled in. The following day it was reported that Milligan would return home to play for Sydney FC after all He has since been linked with a move to English Premier League Club Blackburn Rovers in the summer of 2008.

International career

Milligan represented Australia at the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship in the Netherlands. In May 2006, he was the youngest player selected in the Australian 2006 FIFA World Cup squad, being one of only two players chosen from the A League - the other being Michael Beauchamp. Milligan had impressed coaches Graham Arnold and Johan Neeskens at a recent camp in Vietnam, while Guus Hiddink also recalled watching Milligan at the World Youth Championship.

Milligan made his senior international debut against Liechtenstein on June 7, 2006, coming off the bench in the 85th minute of Australia's last warm-up game before the World Cup. He did not play in any of Australia's four World Cup games in Germany. His first start came against Kuwait in an Asian Cup qualifier on August 16, 2006. His next appearance was on 7 October 2006 in a friendly against Paraguay as a late substitute.

In February 2007, Milligan was named as Captain of the Australian U23 side, the 'Olyroos', for two Olympic qualifying games against Chinese Taipei. He sustained a broken nose in an 'off-the-ball' incident during the second qualifier.

4.Billy Celeski

pondeljak3.jpg

(born July 14, 1985)Celeski signed for Perth Glory for the 2005/2006 A-League season from Bulleen playing 18 times and won the club's media award, but was released at the end of the season. Celeski graduated from the Victorian Institute of Sport and Australian Institute of Sport. In March 2007 Celeski was signed by Perth Glory again. His first major shining performance in the A-League came on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - where Celeski scored a hat-trick in Perth Glory's 4-2 defeat of Sydney FC at the Sydney Football Stadium.

5.Nathan Burns

r120721_384685.jpg

(born May 7, 1988)After a few substitute appearances for Adelaide United, Burns finally got his first start against Sydney FC scoring his first A-League goal in the 4-1 loss. He scored his first hat-trick whilst playing for Adelaide United FC against the Central Coast Mariners on the 21st of January, 2007, giving his side a 2nd place finish on the league table to close out the 2nd Hyundai A-League season.

Lately his talents have sparked an interest from several clubs around the world. Aston Villa are said to have an interest in him.

International Career

He competed for the Joeys at 2005 FIFA U-17 World Championship in Peru. He formerly played for Parramatta Eagles and trained at the AIS.

He scored his first goal for the Young Socceroos in the AFC Youth Cup in a 3-1 win over Thailand.

He made his debut for the Socceroos with a brief appearance in the 3-0 win over Singapore on the 30th of June 2007.

:eek:ALSO MY COUSIN!!:eek:

6.Bruce Djite

0,,5284379,00.jpg

(born March 25, 1987)Djité was born in the U.S. and moved to Sydney with his parents when he was 3 years old. His father, an Associate Professor at the University of Western Sydney, is from Côte d'Ivoire and his mother is from Togo.

Djité played for the Marconi Stallions in the NSW State League in 2005, before attending the Australian Institute of Sport on a football scholarship. He has chosen to play for Australia although he was also eligible for the U.S., Côte d'Ivoire and Togo.

In November 2006, Djité unsuccessfully trialled for two weeks at SV Werder Bremen. Upon his return to Australia, he was signed by Adelaide United for the remainder of the 2006/7 season. Djite scored his first goal for Adelaide United in a competitive fixture on 11 April 2007 against Korean champions Seongnam Ilhwa, deftly controlling the ball in the penalty box to volley it into the back of the net. He recently scored his first goal in a Hyundai A-league for Adelaide United against Queensland Roar in a 2-2 draw on the 25 of August 2007 at Suncorp Stadium

Djité re-signed with Adelaide the same day as fellow Australian Under 23 team mate Kristian Sarkies signed with the Club.

Recent interest in the young striker has grown from English giant Manchester United and German Bundesliga outfits Werder Bremen and Hamburger SV as well as Japanese giants Urawa Red Diamonds.

International Career.

Djité was a star striker for the Young Socceroos during their 2006 tour of South America and was also chosen in the Australian Under-20 squad to compete at the 2006 AFC Youth Championships, in India.

His Australian Under 23 and Adelaide United FC teammate and fellow striker, Nathan Burns, are forming a formidable strikeforce.

7.Tahj Minniecon

324407a3885910164b83307426m.jpg

(born 13 February 1989)He was signed from the AIS and his favoured position is striker. He signed on a two year deal and was stated as saying, "This is my home-town club and ever since the Hyundai A-League started I always wanted to start my career with Queensland Roar. My family and friends are in Brisbane and I can’t wait to get started".

8.Nick Ward

2871464966.jpg

(born March 24, 1985)His efforts in the inaugural A-League season of 2005-06 resulted in him becoming the first player to win the A-League's Rising Star Award with Perth Glory, along with also winning the Perth Supporter's Player of the Year, and also the Smokefree WA Coach's Award.

Following the end of the first A-League season, Nick Ward had trials with Leicester City however, much to the annoyance of Football Federation Australia. He joined Q.P.R. in the English Championship prior to the 2006-07 season.

On January 31, 2007, the last day of the transfer window, Ward joined Brighton on loan for the remainder of the 2006/07 season. On 17th February, 2007, Ward scored his first goal for the Albion in their 2-1 home win over Nottingham Forest. He has since returned to Q.P.R..

On 4th December 2007, Ward's contract with QPR was terminated by mutual consent. He joined Melbourne Victory and his contract runs until June 2008. On 11 January 2008, Ward scored his first goal for the Melbourne Victory in their 3-0 home win over Wellington Phoenix.

International Career.

After his season had concluded with Perth Glory, Ward was selected by Australia in an extended squad for its opening Asian Cup qualifier with Bahrain. Ward was named on the bench, but did not get used.

In December 2006 Socceroos manager Graham Arnold believed that Ward (lacking game time under the management of Q.P.R. at the time) should be playing either in the English Premier League or in Europe, where there was better ball delivery and midfield play than in the English Championship.

Those comments could be interpreted as a preliminary reason not to select Ward in forthcoming Socceroos friendlies.

9.Danny Vukovic

dannyvukovicpic1ce3.gif

(born March 27, 1985)Vukovic made his debut in the A-League during September 2005, against Melbourne Victory. He got the opportunity after first-choice keeper, John Crawley, suffered a season-ending hip injury. They lost the game 2-1, however Danny saved an Archie Thompson penalty and was widely praised for his debut effort. Danny went on to play 19 more games for the Mariners in the 2005-06 season, achieving five clean sheets, and also saved a penalty from Sydney FC's star player, Dwight Yorke.

Danny went to high school at Westfield Sports High, where John Crawley was a teacher. John Crawley was one of the key people in getting Danny to where he is today. Crawley says of Vukovic "I wasn't that impressed with him to begin with. He was so tiny and had big puppy dog hands and feet. Ability wise, he was ok, but he didn't have anything that would really jump out at you. A teacher at the high school, Trevor Morgan, had more faith in Danny than I did. It probably wasn't until the end of Year 11 that he showed me he had something. He did do these things sometimes where, for instance, someone would drive a ball at him and he'd just save it with one hand."

On December 22, 2007, Vukovic received a highly controversial red card whilst goalkeeping against the A-League season one grand final winners Sydney FC.

10.Nigel Boogaard

No Picture

(born August 14, 1986)

is an Australian football (soccer) player. He currently plays as a central defender for the Australian A-League club the Central Coast Mariners.

Thanks For Reading

Re: Australian Talent

haha guys calm down.

the date you joined the forum doesnt indicate your reputation here. (look at mine :eek: )

but you shouldnt look down on others just because of how much they have contributed here, either.

borogz has his point, but this is still good scouting. nothing wrong with presenting it a bit fancy.

I think pafata came on as a sub in last nights final game of the season for melbourne.

The best two players two look out for in the next few years would be Milligan who was looking for a move away from sydney at the beginning of this season and had a couple of trials in france but due a disagreement with a coach over there and becuase he didnt have permission from Sydney Fc to go over there he came back. So he might be making a move over to europe somewhere in the next few months.

Nathan Burns would be the other one to look out for his contract at Adeliade is running out at the end of this season and the word is he is looking out of the club. Currently the bigger A-league clubs are sniffing around, but a move to europe has always been his target so i wouldnt be surprised if he went for a few trials.

hope this helps people just a bit more info.

Go sydney!!

I think pafata came on as a sub in last nights final game of the season for melbourne.

The best two players two look out for in the next few years would be Milligan who was looking for a move away from sydney at the beginning of this season and had a couple of trials in france but due a disagreement with a coach over there and becuase he didnt have permission from Sydney Fc to go over there he came back. So he might be making a move over to europe somewhere in the next few months.

Nathan Burns would be the other one to look out for his contract at Adeliade is running out at the end of this season and the word is he is looking out of the club. Currently the bigger A-league clubs are sniffing around' date=' but a move to europe has always been his target so i wouldnt be surprised if he went for a few trials.

hope this helps people just a bit more info.

Go sydney!![/quote']

Anderlecht have been interested. Aston Villa have been interested also.

Also:

"But there is also much interest from abroad in the 19-year-old. One of the big four Premiership clubs has invited him for a trial, while Scandinavian, Swiss and Belgian clubs have joined the queue."

I also saw Djite being mentioned with W.Bremen, another German club and even Man Utd I think it was (a trial).

Hopefully they choose some of the players in England for our u23 squad for the Olympics.

Who do you think the three Goalkeepers will be?

They keep mentioning Vukovic, but there is also Federici (23 this year) and would they use Dean Bouzanis (Liverpool's youth keeper and 18 in October)?

They also used Velaphi from Perth in a couple of qualifiers.

I reckon our midfield will be good for the Olympics. Strikers lack depth, but there is Williams, Djite, Burns and Vidosic (Vidosic and Burns are also wingers/am's).

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on Nathan Burns

"Adelaide United FC and Qantas Under 23’s striker Nathan Burns has been invited for a 10 day trial with Norwegian Champions SK BRANN. Burns flew out of Adelaide late this afternoon bound for Norway looking to impress the Norwegian club.

If Burns is able to secure a contract overseas that he is happy with then the club will not stand in his way."

Just an update on Nathan Burns

"Adelaide United FC and Qantas Under 23’s striker Nathan Burns has been invited for a 10 day trial with Norwegian Champions SK BRANN. Burns flew out of Adelaide late this afternoon bound for Norway looking to impress the Norwegian club.

If Burns is able to secure a contract overseas that he is happy with then the club will not stand in his way."

HAHAHA, after re-signing for Adelaide a week ago (Still hopefully he can end up signing with one of the bigger clubs mentioned).

its not to hard if you live here!...most of the players mentioned have been on the australian A-League scene quite often over the past year or two. Particulary as the Olyroos qualified for Beijing and players like Djite and my favourite Mark Milligan were being mentioned week in week out for there sucess.

I mean hard to find top superstars. Such as an Australian Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo etc. All of these players are pretty decent but nothing special really, if they were that good they would play for a top European club, although I see some of the players mentioned, are being linked with European clubs.

I mean hard to find top superstars. Such as an Australian Messi' date=' Rooney, Ronaldo etc. All of these players are pretty decent but nothing special really, if they were that good they would play for a top European club, although I see some of the players mentioned, are being linked with European clubs.[/quote']

That's because the Aussie soccer system just started (you could say). Plus they are changing the grassroots system and up (more like a European system...).

The A-League is in its 3rd year but it is still just beginning and developing. There are only 8 teams and next year the probably going to expand and create another two teams. But the reason there is a lack of australian talent out there is because the youth system is still being created and developed. In the first year of the A-league not many youth players got a go it has only been this year that more youth are getting a chance.

The A-League is in its 3rd year but it is still just beginning and developing. There are only 8 teams and next year the probably going to expand and create another two teams. But the reason there is a lack of australian talent out there is because the youth system is still being created and developed. In the first year of the A-league not many youth players got a go it has only been this year that more youth are getting a chance.

The A-League keeps going from strength to strength and i think if the support is still there i rekon in 3 years time it will be a great league. its not too bad now, as always can be better, but things are looking up.

Im going to the second leg of QLD Roar v Sydney FC this friday night. 0-0 1st leg, looks tight!

Go roar ;)

The A-League keeps going from strength to strength and i think if the support is still there i rekon in 3 years time it will be a great league. its not too bad now' date=' as always can be better, but things are looking up.

Im going to the second leg of QLD Roar v Sydney FC this friday night. 0-0 1st leg, looks tight!

Go roar ;)[/quote']

are you serious me to it will be an awesome game

and do you know if sasa ognenovski is retiring.