• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought I'd start this thread in terms of players to watch in Ligue 1 this season. It is mainly under 21 players or low rated players who are playing and could get reasonable rises. I will aim to up

Previous tables on Pages 2, 3 ( Dijon, Lens & Lille) &  (Angers, Bordeaux, Brest) 4 (Lyon) (Marseille)(Monaco) (Montpellier) 5 Update of (Angers, Bordeaux, Brest)    Minutes will var

Previous tables on Pages 2, 3 ( Dijon, Lens & Lille) &  (Angers, Bordeaux, Brest) 4 (Lyon) (Marseille)(Monaco) (Montpellier) 5 Update &  (Angers, Bordeaux, Brest) (Dijon, Lens and Lille) 6

Posted Images

19 hours ago, jaybee said:

We've seen a couple of rises in rating already with Caqueret getting +3 and Faivre getting +2.

Another riser today as Gouiri gets a +4.

I have also updated opening post to cover the weekend games and included players who made their first appearance of the season.

It's three games in so far but will do a wee update in a couple weeks time for players that are getting good minutes. I've been keeping a spreadsheet to take note.

Cherki and Bard both had decent games this evening, Cherki won Lyon a penalty and managed to get grandpa Hilton sent off on his 43rd birthday 😞

I can’t believe Cherki is still only 16 he actually looked Lyon’s best threat in the final 10 minutes.

France’s ability to keep producing talent is really something to admire, the Cherki/Camavinga generation is going to be unbelievable.

5 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

Cherki and Bard both had decent games this evening, Cherki won Lyon a penalty and managed to get grandpa Hilton sent off on his 43rd birthday 😞

I can’t believe Cherki is still only 16 he actually looked Lyon’s best threat in the final 10 minutes.

France’s ability to keep producing talent is really something to admire, the Cherki/Camavinga generation is going to be unbelievable.

I was thinking I was alone on this thread.

You beat me to it Kieran with that post.

Yeah, they've both been getting game time from the bench so far this season. I'd expect Cherki will end up a regular by end of the season. 

Caqueret has played all 270 minutes so far in the league. Potential to hit 88 by end of the season I think.

6 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I was thinking I was alone on this thread.

You beat me to it Kieran with that post.

Yeah, they've both been getting game time from the bench so far this season. I'd expect Cherki will end up a regular by end of the season. 

Caqueret has played all 270 minutes so far in the league. Potential to hit 88 by end of the season I think.

Possible that Cherki could be a starter especially if Lyon don’t replace Aouar, Depay and Traore* but I do think Lyon will try to bring him in gradually similar to what they are doing now.

I would imagine they would look to bring in some replacements when the 3 leave as well. Can’t always expect a 16 year old to perform week in week out it would be a risk.

Caqueret is one of the first names on the team sheet in my opinion, should be high 80s come the final review for 20/21.

As for Montpellier 6 points from their opening 3 games is a huge success considering their opponents 🙂

18 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

Possible that Cherki could be a starter especially if Lyon don’t replace Aouar, Depay and Traore* but I do think Lyon will try to bring him in gradually similar to what they are doing now.

I would imagine they would look to bring in some replacements when the 3 leave as well. Can’t always expect a 16 year old to perform week in week out it would be a risk.

Caqueret is one of the first names on the team sheet in my opinion, should be high 80s come the final review for 20/21.

As for Montpellier 6 points from their opening 3 games is a huge success considering their opponents 🙂

Since I can remember they've always been good at giving youth a chance. Remember Mbappe at Monaco broke through at 17 so you never know.

The league looks strange just now with PSG down at the bottom. They've a relegation clash with Metz tomorrow ha 

First league win for PSG at third attempt tonight. Things to note of interest are young left back Bakker started the game for his second appearance in three games. I'd day he's with picking up as he isn't expensive. Fadiga made his debut off the bench. He's a midfielder who I don't currently see on the database.

On 8/23/2020 at 2:36 PM, jaybee said:

I thought I'd start this thread in terms of players to watch in Ligue 1 this season. It is mainly under 21 players or low rated players who are playing and could get reasonable rises. I will aim to update after each game week.

I will only add players once they have actually played this season. Feel free to suggest other players who are over the age of 21 but low rated.

The promoted teams like Lorient and Lens have players to watch for such as La Fee and Medina in particular who are both highly thought of.

Here are some players involved this weekend and their current ratings.

Gouiri one in particular to watch as was rated highly when came through at Lyon. He's now got a move to Nice and has scored twice on his first league game for them.

Ebosse (Angers) 78

Cho (Angers) 70

Zerkane (Bordeaux) 70
Maja (Bordeaux) 83

Chardonnet (Brest) 80 (25y)
Diallo (Brest) 84
Faivre (Brest) 75 (22) +2 to 77 Sept 20
Mbock (Brest) 73

Nounchil (Dijon) not on DB

Ebimbe (PSG loan to Dijon) 80
Dobre (Dijon) 70

Chouiar (Dijon) 85

Philippe (Dijon) not on DB

Younoussa (Dijon) 70

Bade (Lens) 73
Medina (Lens) 82
Cheick Doucoure (Lens) 82
Ganago (Lens) 85
Boura (Lens) 70

Botman (Lille) 83
Bradaric (Lille) 85
Soumare (Lille) 87
David (Lille) 88

Weah (Lille) 82

Mendes (Lorient) 76 (22y)
La Fee (Lorient) 78
Boisgard (Lorient) 80 (23y)
Diarra (Lorient) 80

Chalobah (Lorient on loan from Chelsea) 82

Bard (Lyon) 73

Caqueret (Lyon) 80 +3 to 83 Sept 20

Cherki (Lyon) 78

Balerdi (Marseille) 80

Kamara (Marseille) 88

Ake (Marseille) 76

Gueye (Marseille) 82

Sabaly (Metz) 73

Yade (Metz) 73

Niane (Metz) 83

Badiashile (Monaco) 85
Diop (Monaco) 80
Tchouameni (Monaco) 83
Y Fofana (Monaco) 85
Geubbels (Monaco) 75

Pellegri (Monaco) 80

Chotard (Montpellier) 82

Benchama (Montpellier) not on DB

Ndilu (Nantes) 76
Lafont (Nantes) 88

Chirivella (Nantes) 82 (23y)

Louza (Nantes) 85

Muani (Nantes) 75

Mendy (Nantes) 70

Gouiri (Nice) 76 +4 to 80 Sept 20
Lotomba (Nice) 83
Thuram (Nice) 80
Slyvestre (Nice) 76

Trouillet (Nice) 70

Bambu (Nice) 80 (22y)

Pelmard (Nice) 80

Ndoye (Nice) 78

Guessand (Nice) not on DB

Denkey (Nimes) 82
Benrahou (Nimes loan from Bordeaux) 82

Bulka (PSG) 76

Bakker (PSG) 76

Fadiga (PSG) not on DB

Ruiz-Atil (PSG) 70

Muinga (PSG) 70

Maresic (Reims) 83

Hornby (Reims) 77

Toure(Reims) 80

Boey (Rennes) 76

Soppy (Rennes) 70
Camavinga (Rennes) 86

Gboho(Rennes) 77

W Fofana (St Etienne) 82

Macon (St Etienne) 77

Aouchiche (St Etienne) 73

Rivera (St Etienne) 73

Abi (St Etienne) 80

Youssouf (St Etienne) 83

Douath (St Etienne) not on DB

Simakan (Strasbourg) 82

who's a must buy for you?

7 hours ago, Lowco said:

The players that I would say are must buys are as follows.

Cho (Angers) - not many 16 year olds make their debut for first team

Caqueret and Cherki are must buys. Caqueret looks like he is going to be a regular in first team and Cherki is rated as one of best young talents in world football.

Soppy at Rennes is a young right back who is considered to have a bright future.

Simakan at Strasbourg has played lots of first team football and has been linked with moves to bigger clubs such as Milan.

Bade at Lens is getting spoken highly of and is certainly worth picking up for the price.

Bakker, Ruiz-Atil and Muinga at PSG are must buys. They don't have a particularly big squad so will get chances to shine this season.

8 hours ago, Lowco said:

18 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Caqueret and Cherki are must buys. Caqueret looks like he is going to be a regular in first team and Cherki is rated as one of best young talents in world football.

Soppy at Rennes is a young right back who is considered to have a bright future.

Simakan at Strasbourg has played lots of first team football and has been linked with moves to bigger clubs such as Milan.

Bade at Lens is getting spoken highly of and is certainly worth picking up for the price.

Bakker, Ruiz-Atil and Muinga at PSG are must buys. They don't have a particularly big squad so will get chances to shine this season.

Don’t mean to encroach on your thread Jaybee but I would certainly add Wesley Fofana and Pape Gueye.

Gueye should get plenty of minutes at Marseille and could be 85/6 by the end of the season if not more, was brilliant against PSG.

Fofana similar although he’s been linked with Milan and Leicester City.

If Fofana does move though he will probably be in for a little rating bump too.

2 hours ago, Kierans91 said:

Don’t mean to encroach on your thread Jaybee but I would certainly add Wesley Fofana and Pape Gueye.

Gueye should get plenty of minutes at Marseille and could be 85/6 by the end of the season if not more, was brilliant against PSG.

Fofana similar although he’s been linked with Milan and Leicester City.

If Fofana does move though he will probably be in for a little rating bump too.

I forgot Fofana even though I mentioned that earlier on in week about link with Leicester. I want others to get involved in thread so no problem.

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

I forgot Fofana even though I mentioned that earlier on in week about link with Leicester. I want others to get involved in thread so no problem.

Haha, yeah he’s been linked to Milan as well. I know Fofana really wants a big money move but unsure if Leicester are willing to meet the €29 million demand.

Leicester are also interested in Tarkowski (I find unlikely, Burnley will want a hell of a lot) and Tah.

25 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

Haha, yeah he’s been linked to Milan as well. I know Fofana really wants a big money move but unsure if Leicester are willing to meet the €29 million demand.

Leicester are also interested in Tarkowski (I find unlikely, Burnley will want a hell of a lot) and Tah.

Leicester should have plenty of money to spend with sales if Maguire and Chilwell over last few transfer windows. They might want someone more experienced though at centre back if they are to spend a decent transfer fee.

18 hours ago, jaybee said:

CAMAVINGA is  A MUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTT BBBBBBUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYYY!!!

On 8/28/2020 at 10:40 PM, jaybee said:

Opening post updated to take in to account Lyon v Dijon game. Lyon left back Bard made his debut off the bench. He is only 19 so could be worth picking up.

Bard started for Lyon last night.

On 9/11/2020 at 4:58 PM, jaybee said:

Bordeaux v Lyon tonight.

Bordeaux have the talented midfielder Adli in squad for first time this season. He impressed last season. He missed opening game of the season. Maja should start I think. 

One to watch out for could be Sinaly Diomande who is in the squad. He is a defender and joined from Milan. He isn't on database yet. Bard, Caqueret and Cherki all in the squad.

Cherki started too and Diomande who I mentioned before made his first appearance from the bench.

St Etienne remain top of the league and continue to give minutes to their young players - Moueffek, Macon, Youssouf and Aouchiche all started. Douath and Riviera came off the bench again and another youngster Sidibe made his first appearance off the bench.

Douath is only 17 and has come off the bench three times so looks like a good buy once he is added to the database. 

Previous tables on Pages 2.

First Spreadsheet Update for France

Please click on zoom to 125% or 150% and it's monster size and can be read Immediately. Left hand side of screen disappears entirely, great!

Minutes will vary game by game and league position also helps a lot. Anything over 0% indicates likely riser, higher the better/safer. Negative percentages don't predict a drop just less chances of a rise. The more games played the more accurate the predictions will become.

I am concentrating mainly on Younger under 89 rated players as these are more consistent risers and more profitable, Goal keepers are dealt with by SM in a completely different way, which is why I mostly also ignore Gk's 

Sp-Sht-France-Ang-Bord-Brest1.png

Just thinking Jaybee perhaps it would look better if I coloured the young players (under 24) all yellow like Romain Faivre is above (I usually use the Yellow for just High percentage chances. What do U think? So it shows up the players you are most interested in.

Also, I see at Dijon with 145 minutes a player on your data sheet u called Nounchil. Soccerway have the 145mins player as Ngouyamsa. Neither are searchable on SM?? Can u shed any light on this? Cheers Socca 😀

3 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

Previous tables on Pages 2.

First Spreadsheet Update for France

Please click on zoom to 125% or 150% and it's monster size and can be read Immediately. Left hand side of screen disappears entirely, great!

Minutes will vary game by game and league position also helps a lot. Anything over 0% indicates likely riser, higher the better/safer. Negative percentages don't predict a drop just less chances of a rise. The more games played the more accurate the predictions will become.

I am concentrating mainly on Younger under 89 rated players as these are more consistent risers and more profitable, Goal keepers are dealt with by SM in a completely different way, which is why I mostly also ignore Gk's 

Sp-Sht-France-Ang-Bord-Brest1.png

Just thinking Jaybee perhaps it would look better if I coloured the young players (under 24) all yellow like Romain Faivre is above (I usually use the Yellow for just High percentage chances. What do U think? So it shows up the players you are most interested in.

Also, I see at Dijon with 145 minutes a player on your data sheet u called Nounchil. Soccerway have the 145mins player as Ngouyamsa. Neither are searchable on SM?? Can u shed any light on this? Cheers Socca 😀

Nice work Socca. I think a separate colour for players in opening post would maybe be handy but it's easy enough for me to track players anyway. Faivre got a rise to 77 recently which was +2 so will be interesting to see if he gets another +3.

St Etienne are of particular interest as so many youngsters getting good game time.

I've been trying to find that player on the database but can't see him at all. It's frustrating when different names are used.

An update to opening post to include more information including appearances, age and minutes played. I've made it so that it can be viewed on mobile devices.

Player Club Rating New Rating Age Appearances Minutes
Ait Nouri Angers 82   19 1 27
Ebosse Angers 78   21 2 86
Cho Angers 70   16 2 25
Adli Bordeaux 83   20 2 92
Zerkane Bordeaux 70   20 1 20
Maja Bordeaux 83   21 4 136
Chardonnet Brest 80   25 2 94
Diallo Brest 84   21 4 345
Mbock Brest 73   20 4 106
Faivre Brest 75 77 22 4 300
Nounchil Dijon n/a   19 2 145
Panzo Dijon 80   19 3 205
Dobre Dijon 70   22 2 32
Philippe Dijon 73   19 4 91
Ebimbe Dijon loan PSG 80   19 4 336
Younoussa Dijon 70   19 2 15
Chouiar Dijon 85   21 3 161
Bade Lens 73   20 3 270
Medina Lens 82   21 4 360
Doucoure Lens 82   20 4 325
Boura Lens 70   20 4 183
Ganago Lens 85   21 4 240
Botman Lille 83   20 4 360
Bradaric Lille 85   20 4 289
Soumare Lille 87   21 3 188
David Lille 88   20 4 292
Weah Lille 82   20 3 30
Mendes Lorient 76   22 4 352
la Fee Lorient 78   20 4 242
Boisgard Lorient 80   23 4 280
Chalobah Lorient 82   21 1 8
Diarra Lorient 80   21 4 95
Bard Lyon 73   19 3 123
Diomande Lyon not on DB   19 1 34
Caqueret Lyon 80 83 20 4 332
Cherki Lyon 78   17 4 128
Balerdi Marseille 80   21 2 135
Kamara Marseille 88   20 4 360
Ake Marseille 76   19 3 95
Gueye Marseille 82   21 3 88
Sabaly Metz 73   21 1 11
Yade Metz 73   20 3 40
Niane Metz 83   21 4 308
Badiashile Monaco 85   19 4 360
Fofana Monaco 85   21 3 226
Diop Monaco 80   20 4 299
Tchouameni Monaco 83   20 4 345
Geubbels Monaco 75   19 4 68
Pellegri Monaco 80   19 1 12
Cozza Montpellier 83   21 1 68
Benchama Montpellier n/a   20 1 2
Chotard Montpellier 82   18 4 128
Ndilu Nantes 76   20 2 25
Lafont Nantes 88   21 4 360
Mendy Nantes 70   20 1 29
Chirivella Nantes 82   23 4 360
Louza Nantes 85   21 2 137
Muani Nantes 75   21 3 236
Daniliuc Nice 70   19 1 25
Lotomba Nice 83   21 3 238
Bambu Nice 80   22 1 33
Pelmard Nice 80   20 4 337
Sylvestre Nice 76   21 4 96
Thuram Nice 80   19 4 249
Trouillet Nice 70   19 1 12
Gouiri Nice 76 80 20 4 297
Guessand Nice n/a   19 2 18
Ndoye Nice 78   19 4 75
Ahlinvi Nimes     21 1 31
Denkey Nimes 82   19 3 237
Benrahou Nimes/Bordeaux 82   21 3 181
Bulka PSG 76   20 1 90
Bakker PSG 76   20 3 159
Fadiga PSG not on DB   19 2 17
Ruiz-Atil PSG 70   18 1 68
Muinga PSG 70   18 1 74
Maresic Reims 83   20 3 212
Hornby Reims 77   20 2 22
Toure Reims 80   18 4 240
Boey Rennes 76   19 1 35
Soppy Rennes 70   18 3 159
Truffert Rennes     18 1 59
Camavinga Rennes 86   17 4 267
Gboho Rennes 77   19 2 5
Fofana St Etienne 82   19 3 270
Macon St Etienne 77   21 4 360
Aouchiche St Etienne 73   18 4 299
Douath St Etienne n/a   17 3 52
Moueffek St Etienne n/a     2 171
Youssouf St Etienne 83   21 3 109
Abi St Etienne 80   20 2 111
Rivera St Etienne 73   18 3 51
Sidibe St Etienne not on DB   18 1 10
Simakan Strasbourg 82   20 4 360
22 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Nice work Socca. I think a separate colour for players in opening post would maybe be handy but it's easy enough for me to track players anyway. Faivre got a rise to 77 recently which was +2 so will be interesting to see if he gets another +3.

St Etienne are of particular interest as so many youngsters getting good game time.

I've been trying to find that player on the database but can't see him at all. It's frustrating when different names are used.

Yes Indeed Re the extra +2 for Faivre, the next review of France should be December and he should get it then, if his rating is over 0%Line then. All players NOW are based on a very volatile situation ie someone who misses a 90mins or gains a 90mins will go down or up wildly til at least 10 games are played. Some more than others. Low rated players say a 70 will not be affected much, but higher rated say 85 it could send them down dramatically.

It must be understood if SM "Random rise" any player now, then the spreadsheet will be wrong. It's only shown to show the path to a rise at Review time. In this case it's the BIG5 usually December, might be delayed til after Christmas this year I suppose, with the later starts.

5 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

Yes Indeed Re the extra +2 for Faivre, the next review of France should be December and he should get it then if his rating is over 0%Line then. All players NOW are based on a very volatile situation ie someone who misses a 90mins or gains a 90mins will go down or up wildly til at least 10 games are played. Some more than others. Low rated players say a 70 wit will not effect much but higher rated say 85 it could send them down dramatically.

It must be understood if SM Random rise any player now then the spreadsheet will be wrong. It's only shown to show the path to a rise at Review time.

Can you make out that post above there? 

• jaybee changed the title to Ligue 1 Players to watch 2020/21