• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought I'd start this thread in terms of players to watch in Ligue 1 this season. It is mainly under 21 players or low rated players who are playing and could get reasonable rises. I will aim to up

Previous tables on Pages 2, 3 ( Dijon, Lens & Lille) &  (Angers, Bordeaux, Brest) 4 (Lyon) (Marseille)(Monaco) (Montpellier) 5 Update of (Angers, Bordeaux, Brest)    Minutes will var

Previous tables on Pages 2, 3 ( Dijon, Lens & Lille) &  (Angers, Bordeaux, Brest) 4 (Lyon) Spreadsheet Predictions for: Lyon below- Please click on zoom to 125% or even 150% and the

Posted Images

13 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

Axel disasi worth holding on to ? He is playing aside badiashile in defense at monaco . Badiashile is the one surrounded with the hype . Disasi probably only getting a +1 to 86 in the next review ? 
I could use the money right now .

or is he a future 90+ player 

Hi Toppo, With Disasi having 427 mins out of 540 ATM Plus 1goal and Monaco 6th he would be "looking very pretty" for a rise to 86 but only if he keeps this up but having said that he could actually slip a bit and still get the rise.

I have him and am keeping. I may have got to Monaco by possibly Friday and may be uploading Lyon, Marseille and Monaco. So you will see it in the spreadsheet by then hopefully.

Quite a few players added to the database today that have had minutes so far this season. I think Matsima, Moueffek and Diomande are potentially all worth picking up.

Costa (Lens) 70

Benchama (Montpellier) 73

Matsima (Monaco) 73

Moueffek (St Etienne) 73

Diomande (Lyon) 73

Ngouyamsa (Dijon) 73

Previous tables on Pages 2, 3 ( Dijon, Lens & Lille) &  (Angers, Bordeaux, Brest) (Lyon)

Spreadsheet Predictions for: Lyon below-

Please click on zoom to 125% or even 150% and the whole width of the SM Black screen is completely FULL! (No Black)

Minutes will vary game by game and league position also helps a lot. Anything over 0% indicates likely riser, higher the better/safer. Negative percentages don't predict a drop just less chances of a rise. The more games played the more accurate the predictions will become.

I am concentrating mainly on Younger under 89 rated players as these are more consistent risers and more profitable, Goal keepers are dealt with by SM in a completely different way, which is why I mostly also ignore Gk's 

Sprd-Sheet-Predic-France-Lyon2.png%20

S Diomande above was only added today and already has 86minutes which with his small rating of only 73 already gives him a +33.5% Percentage rating. Let me use this example to show how a small rating of 73 and minutes is so dramatic. 

Example 1: IF Diomande  presently +33.5% does not play another minute for the next 10 games his Over0% rating would only drop to +23.6% and he should still get a Rise.

Example 2: IF Diomande plays the full 90mins in the next game his Over0% rating would fly up to +45.5%

Example 3:  IF Diomande plays the full 90mins in the next 2 games his Over0% rating would fly up to +54.5%

So Young players on this thread can be very valuable in Ratings rising and have the safety in knowing they won't lose out too much if they don't play. Other figures in the spreadsheet do effect the final rating too tho, whether they play or not!

Example: The Clubs Position factor in the League table. Lyon are a very low 14th at the moment and all the players are affected by this in both directions. If they go up the table all players will gain from this and slipping down the table they will all lose a little. We all would expect Lyon to be much higher in the League and even if Diomande would gain even if he doesn't play. This factor is fairly low in comparison with basic stats ie minutes played is the largest factor but at SM's 73 rating they have little to fear and a lot gain! There are other factors we haven't time or space to discuss at this time. 

Thanks for your Interest and Support, greatly appreciated Cheers Socca 😀

14 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

Previous tables on Pages 2, 3 ( Dijon, Lens & Lille) &  (Angers, Bordeaux, Brest) (Lyon)

Please click on zoom to 125% or even 150% and the whole width of the SM Black screen is completely FULL! (No Black)

Minutes will vary game by game and league position also helps a lot. Anything over 0% indicates likely riser, higher the better/safer. Negative percentages don't predict a drop just less chances of a rise. The more games played the more accurate the predictions will become.

I am concentrating mainly on Younger under 89 rated players as these are more consistent risers and more profitable, Goal keepers are dealt with by SM in a completely different way, which is why I mostly also ignore Gk's 

S Diomande above was only added today and already has 86minutes which with his small rating of only 73 already gives him a +33.5% Percentage rating. Let me use this example to show how a small rating of 73 and minutes is so dramatic. 

Example 1: IF Diomande  presently +33.5% does not play another minute for the next 10 games his Over0% rating would only drop to +23.6% and he should still get a Rise.

Example 2: IF Diomande plays the full 90mins in the next game his Over0% rating would fly up to +45.5%

Example 3:  IF Diomande plays the full 90mins in the next 2 games his Over0% rating would fly up to +54.5%

So Young players on this thread can be very valuable in Ratings rising and have the safety in knowing they won't lose out too much if they don't play. Other figures in the spreadsheet do effect the final rating too tho, whether they play or not!

Example: The Clubs Position factor in the League table. Lyon are a very low 14th at the moment and all the players are affected by this in both directions. If they go up the table all players will gain from this and slipping down the table they will all lose a little. We all would expect Lyon to be much higher in the League and even if Diomande would gain even if he doesn't play. This factor is fairly low in comparison with basic stats ie minutes played is the largest factor but at SM's 73 rating they have little to fear and a lot gain! There are other factors we haven't time or space to discuss at this time. 

Love your work Socca and your system. 73 seems to be popular for players getting added to the database from Ligue 1.

Moueffek could continue to get good game time especially as Kieran mentioned in another thread that Macon has picked up what could potentially be a long term injury.

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Love your work Socca and your system. 73 seems to be popular for players getting added to the database from Ligue 1.

Moueffek could continue to get good game time especially as Kieran mentioned in another thread that Macon has picked up what could potentially be a long term injury.

Macon plays left back for Saint Etienne so that injury won’t effect Moueffek. Having said that I don’t know what’s happened to Debuchy seems like a battle between Sissoko and Moueffek for the right back position currently.

Moueffek does looks good though from what I have seen of him.

26 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Macon plays left back for Saint Etienne so that injury won’t effect Moueffek. Having said that I don’t know what’s happened to Debuchy seems like a battle between Sissoko and Moueffek for the right back position currently.

Moueffek does looks good though from what I have seen of him.

You think Silva or Trauco will play instead?

37 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Thank u 11years in the making, evolution works every time! Well Maybe not quite in a President Trump example, an exception proves the rule they say... 🥵

8 minutes ago, jaybee said:

You think Silva or Trauco will play instead?

To be honest I’m not sure. Neither of them have even made the bench this season.

Don’t know what’s going on with some of St.Etienne’s players, it’s like Ruffier who has been banished from their team hence why Moulin has been playing in goal all season.

Now I’m not saying the same has happened to Silva and Trauco but I can’t find any information as to why they haven’t even made the bench this season. Might be injured too or Puel just doesn’t fancy them at all.

3 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

To be honest I’m not sure. Neither of them have even made the bench this season.

Don’t know what’s going on with some of St.Etienne’s players, it’s like Ruffier who has been banished from their team hence why Moulin has been playing in goal all season.

Now I’m not saying the same has happened to Silva and Trauco but I can’t find any information as to why they haven’t even made the bench this season. Might be injured too or Puel just doesn’t fancy them at all.

They're maybe just trying to focus more on their youth and build a team long term. They've been one of the best in the league in doing so this season. Early signs are that possibly they won't be involved in a relegation battle this season.

4 minutes ago, jaybee said:

They're maybe just trying to focus more on their youth and build a team long term. They've been one of the best in the league in doing so this season. Early signs are that possibly they won't be involved in a relegation battle this season.

Yeah I hope they can keep it up, last couple of games have been poor but certainly looking good to avoid relegation.

I must say I love teams who trust in their youth.

2 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Yeah I hope they can keep it up, last couple of games have been poor but certainly looking good to avoid relegation.

I must say I love teams who trust in their youth.

I'm the same Kieran. If they're good enough they're old enough.

Previous tables on Pages 2, 3 ( Dijon, Lens & Lille) &  (Angers, Bordeaux, Brest) (Lyon) (Marseille)

Spreadsheet Predictions France: Marseille 

Sp-Sheet-Predi-France-Marseille1.png

Caleta-Car has zoomed to the top but has he enough "Petrol" to stay up there? Well he's looking good and even has 2 goals to his name. Sorry so many Red Boxes, but surely only Injury can stop C-Car from failing to deliver red boxes or not in the December review.

Thank you for your interest and support, greatly appreciated and maybe another tomorrow Late afternoon probably Monaco!

Cheers Socca😀 

1 hour ago, Soccahappy said:

Previous tables on Pages 2, 3 ( Dijon, Lens & Lille) &  (Angers, Bordeaux, Brest) (Lyon) (Marseille)

Caleta-Car has zoomed to the top but has he enough "Petrol" to stay up there? Well he's looking good and even has 2 goals to his name. Sorry so many Red Boxes, but surely only Injury can stop C-Car from failing to deliver red boxes or not in the December review.

Thank you for your interest and support, greatly appreciated and maybe another tomorrow Late afternoon probably Monaco!

Cheers Socca😀 

Can you make a spreedsheet about best youngsters like Camavinga, Ansu Fati, Greenwood, Meslier... in one spreadsheet?

5 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

Cheers Socca😀 

Reckon Balerdi will get +3 with only 135 minutes so far?

On 10/13/2020 at 6:41 PM, Soccahappy said:

GreT insight. But diomande example; how is +4 determined or predicted? Why not 3 or 5 or 6?  And is the percentage a probability of a rise or probability of a rise by that much? Looking forward 

5 hours ago, hoochy koochy said:

And is the percentage a probability of a rise or probability of a rise by that much? Looking forward 

It is actually written in the post itself , in bold letters ..

“Minutes will vary game by game and league position also helps a lot. Anything over 0% indicates likely riser, higher the better/safer. Negative percentages don't predict a drop just less chances of a rise.”

13 hours ago, ombarcagunners said:

Can you make a spreedsheet about best youngsters like Camavinga, Ansu Fati, Greenwood, Meslier... in one spreadsheet?

It's more difficult than U would think.

My spreadsheet is so massive and is driven in order of Country, then Club, then player in over 3000+ Rows. I would have to always change the player at his club and then say have it copy to a totally different place for every player I wanted, maybe starting in the 3,500th row. As the players Stats could  potentially change twice a week it would I think it would become a bit unwieldly. 

Besides this I already am spending huge amounts of time adding all the new players into their new clubs and plenty of other things change and need updating on a weekly basis. It is something that I have been thinking about tho already and I will give it serious thought, when I'm less busy with the spreadsheet. Thanks for your input, it would be a good addition Ombarca 😀

8 hours ago, hoochy koochy said:

GreT insight. But diomande example; how is +4 determined or predicted? Why not 3 or 5 or 6?  And is the percentage a probability of a rise or probability of a rise by that much? Looking forward 

The formula is now quite complex I can't read it by looking at it. So couldn't tell u about any given player, sorry.  2 to 3 years ago, I evolved a formula using SM past precedents, for example 82 to 85 is quite common and I then looked at why SM sometimes gave 86 or 84 instead.

Other step ups are easy 82's to 83's and that is a big jump in formula terms. My first attempt was not good at all and I changed the formula closer again to what SM were doing. 

The shortest explanation is Evolution u add a bit here and subtract a little there, always comparing it to SM every review so u get closer each time

I am still not satisfied with the formula but it's got so complex now I am as likely to get worse rather than better if I tinker anymore. I guess if the formula says +3 to 85 and SM give +4 to 86 it's just a bonus. But if it predicts +3 to 85 and it's 82 to 83 that's not good. So I try to be on the right side and if I change too much now this is a real danger Hooch!

Ps and it's not one formula it's more than a dozen different formulas for each of the step up rises

4 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

It's more difficult than U would think.

My spreadsheet is so massive and is driven in order of Country, then Club, then player in over 3000+ Rows. I would have to always change the player at his club and then say have it copy to a totally different place for every player I wanted, maybe starting in the 3,500th row. As the players Stats could  potentially change twice a week it would I think it would become a bit unwieldly. 

Besides this I already am spending huge amounts of time adding all the new players into their new clubs and plenty of other things change and need updating on a weekly basis. It is something that I have been thinking about tho already and I will give it serious thought, when I'm less busy with the spreadsheet. Thanks for your input, it would be a good addition Ombarca 😀

Actually I've hit on an idea Ombarca of having a section at the end of France & at the end of each of the BIG5 countries. That shouldn't be too far out of reach. When I finish France in maybe a few weeks I'll see how unwieldy it might be. AHA might work!

My only reservation is most of my Clubs I already have most that are 24 or under as that is the most profitable players. I might try it with just under 21 or 20? I'll let @jaybee have a think about what would be the be the best age limit? Must get back to my spreadsheet now...

Previous tables on Pages 2, 3 ( Dijon, Lens & Lille) &  (Angers, Bordeaux, Brest) (Lyon) (Marseille)(Monaco)

Please click on zoom to 125% or even 150% and the whole width of the SM Black screen is completely FULL! (No Black)

Minutes will vary game by game and league position also helps a lot. Anything over 0% indicates likely riser, higher the better/safer. Negative percentages don't predict a drop just less chances of a rise. The more games played the more accurate the predictions will become.

Spreadsheet Predictions France: Monaco

Sp-Sht-Predict-France-Monaco2.png

Disasi being shown as getting his +1 to 86 as was asked on the forum recently. Ballo Toure, Gelson Martins and Golovin even Maripan will need "to get their Skates on"  Tho they possibly have time, they all need much more mins as they aren higher rated.

Try the Crystal Ball: If U have a particular interest in ONE player already predicted in a spreadsheet. I can run an if question for U, example: IF Ballo Toure plays 90minutes in his next 6 games what would his Over0% rating be? Answer: From -17.2% to +7.8%

Thanks for all the Interest and support, greatly appreciated, Cheers Socca😀

17 hours ago, jaybee said:

Reckon Balerdi will get +3 with only 135 minutes so far?

YES Remember atm Balerdi has 135 minutes out of 540minutes.

If he didn't play in the next 6games ie 135 o/of 1080 mins his Over0% rating would reduce to +13.6% and probably only get a +2 I'm educatedly guessing that, because I can't run that thru, wily nily without a possible problem.

In essence tho up to 82 it's not difficult to get a rise but U need more for 83's . There is a moderately large step between being on a 82step and 83step in required minutes terms and rising.

8 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

Actually I've hit on an idea Ombarca of having a section at the end of France & at the end of each of the BIG5 countries. That shouldn't be too far out of reach. When I finish France in maybe a few weeks I'll see how unwieldy it might be. AHA might work!

My only reservation is most of my Clubs I already have most that are 24 or under as that is the most profitable players. I might try it with just under 21 or 20? I'll let @jaybee have a think about what would be the be the best age limit? Must get back to my spreadsheet now...

I like to mainly concentrate on players under the age of 21 but there are some exceptions in my lists.

Previous tables on Pages 2, 3 ( Dijon, Lens & Lille) &  (Angers, Bordeaux, Brest) (Lyon) (Marseille)(Monaco) (Montpellier)

Please click on zoom to 125% or even 150% and the whole width of the SM Black screen is completely FULL! (No Black)

Minutes will vary game by game and league position also helps a lot. Anything over 0% indicates likely riser, higher the better/safer. Negative percentages don't predict a drop just less chances of a rise. The more games played the more accurate the predictions will become.

Spreadsheet Predictions France: Montpellier

Sp-Sht-Pred-France-Montp1.png

Noticed the graphic says 8th but it should actually say 5th and all the stats & players are based on 5th position. Of course this will change after all the games are played this weekend on Monday. 

Well, not so many interesting young players at Montpellier other than Chotard, Benchama and possibly Cozza lagging behind.

Thanks for the interest and support for the Spreadsheet, which is greatly appreciated, Cheers Socca😀

More hopefully Monday onwards...

• jaybee changed the title to Ligue 1 Players to watch 2020/21