Jump to content

Serie A players to watch 2020/21


Recommended Posts

I thought I'd start this thread in terms of players to watch in Serie A this season. It is mainly under 21 players or low rated players who are playing and could get reasonable rises. I will aim to update after each game week.

I will only add players once they have actually played this season. Feel free to suggest other players who are over the age of 21 but low rated.

Up to and including games from Monday 19th October.

 

 

Player Team Rating Apps Minutes
Sutalo Atalanta 82 2 95
Foulon Benevento 78 4 302
Hickey Bologna 73 3 237
Tomiyasu Bologna 86 4 360
Svanberg Bologna 83 3 156
Barrow Bologna 86 4 328
Olsen Bologna 83 3 191
Vignato Bologna 82 2 19
Tripaldelli Cagliari 78 2 5
Walukiewicz Cagliari 82 4 360
Zappa Cagliari 82 4 214
Caligara Cagliari 76 4 100
Tramoni Cagliari 82 1 24
Sottil Cagliari 83 4 255
Dragus Crotone 80 3 105
Kargbo Crotone 78 1 32
Vlahovic Fiorentina 82 4 202
Czyborra Genoa 82 2 104
Pellegrini Genoa 86 1 54
Ebongue Genoa not on DB 1 11
Melegoni Genoa 80 2 24
Rovella Genoa 75 1 79
Scamacca Genoa 82 1 27
Lovato Hellas 73 4 296
Danzi Hellas 78 1 90
Colley Hellas 76 3 126
Ilic Hellas 78 3 192
Ruegg Hellas 83 1 23
Salcedo Hellas 78 2 41
Tupta Hellas 76 2 49
Bastoni Inter 88 2 180
Hakimi Inter 91 3 205
Frabotta Juventus 73 3 162
Portanova Juventus 76 1 56
Kulusevski Juventus 87 2 167
Donnarumma Milan 91 4 360
Saelemaekers Milan 83 4 260
Gabbia Milan 80 3 270
Hauge Milan 80 1 19
Tonali Milan 88 4 137
Diaz Milan 85 3 173
Colombo Milan 70 2 78
Leao Milan 87 2 90
Maldini Milan 73 1 7
Elmas Napoli 87 2 74
Osimhen Napoli 89 3 201
Sohm Parma 79 1 26
Adorante Parma 70 1 10
Ibanez Roma 82 4 348
Kumbulla Roma 85 3 192
Villar Roma 83 3 19
Kluivert Roma 88 2 17
Askildsen Sampdoria 76 1 21
Damsgaard Sampdoria 82 3 111
Muldur Sassuolo 83 4 174
Traore Sassuolo 86 3 83
Raspadori Sassuolo 78 1 29
Agudelo Spezia 80 3 131
Pobega Spezia 82 3 172
Piccoli Spezia 73 2 112
Singo Torino 73 1 11
Millico Torino 76 2 18
Coulibaly Udinese 82 3 184
Palumbo Udinese 70 1 56
Edited by jaybee
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought I'd start this thread in terms of players to watch in Serie A this season. It is mainly under 21 players or low rated players who are playing and could get reasonable rises. I will aim to up

Only Lazio didn't score in the weekend. I think football in general have changed, players are fitter, stronger, and faster. Hence, the game become faster and there are more goals. Italian managers cou

He is not under-21 but Sam Lammers (23 y.o., 83) of Atalanta might be something to look out. He made his debut last weekend scoring a goal in 10-minutes cameo. I watched the game and will watch more A

20 hours ago, jaybee said:

It's been mentioned by myself and couple others but Frabotta at Juventus could be well worth picking up. He started their opening game and only costs 500k.

I don't know if Frabotta is actually good enough to play regularly in Serie A, but let's wait and see.

I'd follow closely Kargbo, not on the DB, which you mentioned already. He scored in the Serie C play-off final (against my team 😭) and really impressed me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

I don't know if Frabotta is actually good enough to play regularly in Serie A, but let's wait and see.

I'd follow closely Kargbo, not on the DB, which you mentioned already. He scored in the Serie C play-off final (against my team 😭) and really impressed me.

It seemed a bit random that Frabotta played as not one of young players at Juventus that people were aware of.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No love for Inter players 😭

Bastoni (88) still 21 yrs old. Sure starter for Inter.

Eddie Salcedo (78) on loan to Hellas, last year he played 19 games despite having knee injury. Juric seems rate him highly, he is the manager who gave him senior debut in Coppa Italia with Genoa when he was 16 years old.

In Spezia, Lucien Agoume (78) and Tomasso Pobega (82, on loan from Milan) seems to be projected as starter. Let's see the game against Sassuolo this weekend. Agoume get #10.

Lorenzo Pirola (73) seems to be trusted by Conte. He rejected all loan offers for him. He is left footed, projected as 6th CB for Inter. I expect he will get few minutes as Inter will play in 3 competitions. IMO in limited minutes last season, he played well and doesn't look like out of place unlike Seba Esposito or Agoume, who looked like boys among men.

The current CB situation for Inter (playing 3 at the back):

RCB: Skriniar/new RCB; D'Ambrosio (could play as RWB)

MCB: De Vrij; Bastoni (also starter as LCB)

LCB: Bastoni; Kolarov (could play as LWB); Pirola

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hickey is someone that has been discussed on here for a while with regards to where this future would lie when Hearts got relegated.

He is a two footed player who has been playing left back for last year or so. 

The move to Bologna has seen instant reward as he started tonight.

I'm interested to see how he gets on as rare to get a Scottish player playing outside the UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Hickey is someone that has been discussed on here for a while with regards to where this future would lie when Hearts got relegated.

He is a two footed player who has been playing left back for last year or so. 

The move to Bologna has seen instant reward as he started tonight.

I'm interested to see how he gets on as rare to get a Scottish player playing outside the UK.

In Italy is also playing another Scotsman, Liam Henderson. He has already played for 4 different teams since 2018! He is a decent midfielder for Serie B, supporters tend to like him because he's tirelessly running all the time. In fact, he'd better calm down and think sometimes, but it doesn't seem to be his best quality. An average player, in the end, but the kind that inflames crowds! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

In Italy is also playing another Scotsman, Liam Henderson. He has already played for 4 different teams since 2018! He is a decent midfielder for Serie B, supporters tend to like him because he's tirelessly running all the time. In fact, he'd better calm down and think sometimes, but it doesn't seem to be his best quality. An average player, in the end, but the kind that inflames crowds! :)

Yeah, he seemed to be linked with moves to teams in Serie A for a wee while but seems like for now Serie B is his level.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hickey +5 today. Well deserved. What a debut game for him 😀

Love that Miha trusting Hickey and Tomiyasu in defence. I think Hickey was projected as sub, but Mitchell Dijks was suspended last weekend. But with his performance, hope he could get starting place (and I think he should too!).

Glad that Serie A started to trust young players more! 😀

I swear that Serie A is the worst league for young players due to tactical complexity (meh) and manager instability! Serie A chairmans are very impatient and didn't commit on long-term projects for his own team. Instant results were expected and experienced player become the solution for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TCLVikerz said:

Hickey +5 today. Well deserved. What a debut game for him 😀

Love that Miha trusting Hickey and Tomiyasu in defence. I think Hickey was projected as sub, but Mitchell Dijks was suspended last weekend. But with his performance, hope he could get starting place (and I think he should too!).

Glad that Serie A started to trust young players more! 😀

I swear that Serie A is the worst league for young players due to tactical complexity (meh) and manager instability! Serie A chairmans are very impatient and didn't commit on long-term projects for his own team. Instant results were expected and experienced player become the solution for it.

Dijks is all but great, so Hickey could gain some space. At the moment, however, he won't be a starter, but with 5 subs per match he will sure have enough gametime during the season.

Another one on which I have high expectations is Melegoni, at Genoa. For years he's been considered one of the most talented youngsters in Italy. Now I want to see him in action in Serie A.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

Hickey +5 today. Well deserved. What a debut game for him 😀

Love that Miha trusting Hickey and Tomiyasu in defence. I think Hickey was projected as sub, but Mitchell Dijks was suspended last weekend. But with his performance, hope he could get starting place (and I think he should too!).

Glad that Serie A started to trust young players more! 😀

I swear that Serie A is the worst league for young players due to tactical complexity (meh) and manager instability! Serie A chairmans are very impatient and didn't commit on long-term projects for his own team. Instant results were expected and experienced player become the solution for it.

I was surprised to see Hickey start so early on in his Bologna career. Hopefully the move should be great for his development.

2 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

Dijks is all but great, so Hickey could gain some space. At the moment, however, he won't be a starter, but with 5 subs per match he will sure have enough gametime during the season.

Another one on which I have high expectations is Melegoni, at Genoa. For years he's been considered one of the most talented youngsters in Italy. Now I want to see him in action in Serie A.

Nice one. I will keep an eye on Melegoni.

What do you guys think of Colombo at Milan? Is he a top talent?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2020 at 11:19 PM, jaybee said:

Another centre back who is getting good game time so far is Roger Ibanez at Roma. He has started both their games. Could end up a good riser this season.

Kumbulla and Ibanez both starting for Roma in defence currently. Potential to hit 88 I think at end of season if they both keep playing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He is not under-21 but Sam Lammers (23 y.o., 83) of Atalanta might be something to look out. He made his debut last weekend scoring a goal in 10-minutes cameo. I watched the game and will watch more Atalanta games because they are fun to watch. I think he played very well in those 10 minutes, Atalanta might find their new Ilicic. And he plays for Atalanta that scores for fun as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

He is not under-21 but Sam Lammers (23 y.o., 83) of Atalanta might be something to look out. He made his debut last weekend scoring a goal in 10-minutes cameo. I watched the game and will watch more Atalanta games because they are fun to watch. I think he played very well in those 10 minutes, Atalanta might find their new Ilicic. And he plays for Atalanta that scores for fun as well.

Good shout!

In a free scoring Atalanta team which will obviously help his goals/SM rating.

On 10/4/2020 at 4:15 PM, jaybee said:

Kumbulla and Ibanez both starting for Roma in defence currently. Potential to hit 88 I think at end of season if they both keep playing. 

Another one who’s not under 21 but Mert Cetin of Hellas Verona, started every game was superb in the first 2 games.

On loan from Roma but I can see him having a similar rise at Verona like Kumbulla did last season.

SM rating - 80

Value - 800k

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Good shout!

In a free scoring Atalanta team which will obviously help his goals/SM rating.

Another one who’s not under 21 but Mert Cetin of Hellas Verona, started every game was superb in the first 2 games.

On loan from Roma but I can see him having a similar rise at Verona like Kumbulla did last season.

SM rating - 80

Value - 800k

I remember signing him when he first joined Roma.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, jaybee said:

Pirlo giving another youngster a chance at Juventus as Manolo Portanova started tonight in game at Crotone. Frabotta started too.

Rather than playing Rabiot again, Pirlo would put literally anyone on the field! :D

Just kidding, I reckon that Portanova can become a better player than Frabotta, with a brighter future. However - just my guess - not a top player, anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...