Remove and ban cheaters!! Sick and tired of putting in tickets to get the answer of "insufficient evidence"  Especially when I've sent two emails to SM and also provided enough evidence in game when it's balantly obvious the guy has 7-10 games making transfers all within another. 

Even quoted SM own "Code of conduct" in the ticket and explained each point. Still not enough evidence lol. 

Nice to know rules are there to be broken broken

Picture below is a few ideas from managers in my GW. Who are also fed up of cheaters 

Screenshot_20201017-203333.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Steven, all this sounds promising. However (as others have pointed out) I do not agree a lot with the ratings change. The beauty about SM Worlds is that updates come from real world performances -

"personally I love the real world aspect of this game" The same for me, I would leave SM after 11 years, if we lost this aspect of Real Life/Real World and I think many others would. Also I

- more information needed around this. Think I speak for a lot of people when I say the beauty of SM Worlds is the Unique Selling Point (USP) of real-world changes of players. Now, if this is going to

Posted Images

11 hours ago, RieceM96 said:

Remove and ban cheaters!! Sick and tired of putting in tickets to get the answer of "insufficient evidence"  Especially when I've sent two emails to SM and also provided enough evidence in game when it's balantly obvious the guy has 7-10 games making transfers all within another. 

Even quoted SM own "Code of conduct" in the ticket and explained each point. Still not enough evidence lol. 

Nice to know rules are there to be broken broken

Picture below is a few ideas from managers in my GW. Who are also fed up of cheaters 

Screenshot_20201017-203333.png

I am with you and all in in getting cheats off good GWs. 

But the suggestions you have come up with is not executable at all. 

The 10 managers you mentioned it creates a "cartel". They will have all the power and might go wrong for personal reason(s). 

For say a legitimate new manager joins a standard GW and does weird deal as he is starting off and getting used to it he might get the boot.

That's SM's loss since they have lost a customer who might start hating the game and spread false bad of mouth.

Secondly, it's hard to get rid of cheats since they will always find a way. That's there only aim, to cause disharmony in a good competitive GW. I do not understand such mind set but there are people of that ilk. 

Even billion dollar industries like FB and Twitter can't help and stop fake profiles. So it's a tough one.

Finally, we play the game and it's easy for us to detect cheats and multiple accounts. Whereas, SM is just reliant on IP address and may be couple more things.

Having said all that I would like to see SM do more than what they are doing now to get rid of cheats and multiple accounts.

If theres a top 10 or even more if its a big GW then they should just be able to make a poll and then atleast 50% of the GW vote yes before someone gets automatically removed.

Or how about theres a poll or vote button after each transfer rather than the illegal one on the all transfer page. Then in brackets it will show 5 people thinks its illegal. So if the GW needs 40 votes than it could show (5/40). Even if someone tries to misuse the function by clicking on each transfer youd still need lots of people to vote before anything happens.

Maybe a GW thats older than 2 years could get a automatic reputation increase. Lets say you need a 80 and higher reputation to join. That will stop cheats making lots of new accounts in just a couple of days. Some cheats will have higher reputations already but atleast youd stop some of them rather than none at all.

9 hours ago, Fez17_1888 said:

Love how active the OP is on this topic, must be taking the weekend off. As if the previous 5 year letting the game rot wasn’t enough. 

Chris will only be paid for certain hours so when he isn't working he won't be on the forum, having said that, you will find posts somewhere from 2016 from SM Dev's saying about their intention to improve things and what did we want to happen.

Nothing ever happened and they soon stopped looking at the forum, same old SM, no respect at all for it's customers, so waiting a few days for replies is an improvement.

I like all these inputs about polls, votes and consensus to fight back cheaters and promote improvements in the game. I would love to see them, but I guess SM would never do something like that, too democratic an approach. (Please prove me wrong)

Regarding ratings again, I'm more and more convinced that a fluctuating rating is far from being a good idea. It would ruin the basic (and winning, imo) idea behind this game. Someone here suggested the insertion of a "confidence" value that would go along rating, shape, morale, and that would reflect all those aspects related to how well a player is doing in that gameworld, hence affecting his performance. I'm all in favour of this kind of addition, rather than messing with the current rating system.

PS: please focus on more RATING REVIEWS, better RATING REVIEWS, more consistent RATING REVIEWS!

11 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

I like all these inputs about polls, votes and consensus to fight back cheaters and promote improvements in the game. I would love to see them, but I guess SM would never do something like that, too democratic an approach. (Please prove me wrong)

Regarding ratings again, I'm more and more convinced that a fluctuating rating is far from being a good idea. It would ruin the basic (and winning, imo) idea behind this game. Someone here suggested the insertion of a "confidence" value that would go along rating, shape, morale, and that would reflect all those aspects related to how well a player is doing in that gameworld, hence affecting his performance. I'm all in favour of this kind of addition, rather than messing with the current rating system.

PS: please focus on more RATING REVIEWS, better RATING REVIEWS, more consistent RATING REVIEWS!

I think the ratings system has become past it's sell by date, they don't need to add frills to it but restart it in the same basic way.

60-99 is no longer useful, 10-99 would be of more help, the jump between 87 to 88 for example is one that can be argued about for a lot of players and I feel that at times an 87 and a half is needed, this is where extending the range would give a more realistic look.

1 hour ago, smut said:

I think the ratings system has become past it's sell by date, they don't need to add frills to it but restart it in the same basic way.

60-99 is no longer useful, 10-99 would be of more help, the jump between 87 to 88 for example is one that can be argued about for a lot of players and I feel that at times an 87 and a half is needed, this is where extending the range would give a more realistic look.

I agree on this. Extending the rating range would make it a lot more accurate, but would require a greater effort by SM (and much more consistency).

22 hours ago, Nameless said:

I am with you and all in in getting cheats off good GWs. 

But the suggestions you have come up with is not executable at all. 

The 10 managers you mentioned it creates a "cartel". They will have all the power and might go wrong for personal reason(s). 

For say a legitimate new manager joins a standard GW and does weird deal as he is starting off and getting used to it he might get the boot.

That's SM's loss since they have lost a customer who might start hating the game and spread false bad of mouth.

Secondly, it's hard to get rid of cheats since they will always find a way. That's there only aim, to cause disharmony in a good competitive GW. I do not understand such mind set but there are people of that ilk. 

Even billion dollar industries like FB and Twitter can't help and stop fake profiles. So it's a tough one.

Finally, we play the game and it's easy for us to detect cheats and multiple accounts. Whereas, SM is just reliant on IP address and may be couple more things.

Having said all that I would like to see SM do more than what they are doing now to get rid of cheats and multiple accounts.

Its more to preserve GW who were here long before you

1- Squad cap. Add this option at least for custom worlds! I am the admin of 2 gameworlds and hoarding is ruining them completely! And its not real! Real teams have around 30 players on the first team! Make it fully customisable!

2 - Stadium size.. In competitive leagues teams with small stadiums are prejudicated. So IF they get a top 5 or top 3 position in the end, the process to upgrade the stadium should be more efective! This is very important.

3 - Match engine, tactics etc This is critical too.. And would bring new life to the game

4 - Enforce the complete customization of custom game worlds. Sacking managers is a dangerous option, it has two sides to it.. 

Real life ratings updated regularly and the possibility to invest in players like we invest in forex, making this almost like a financial market for football, with the added and VERY IMPORTANT aspect of beeing able to manage your "actives"(players) in an online football game, winning trophies! This is superb and has so much potential! Dont waste this wonderful project like it has been in the last years...