SM Worlds Reboot

12 hours ago, lemontrees said:

I can see that squad limits make sense, especially in custom gameworlds where there is currently no way to enforce the cap that the creator perhaps wanted to set in the first place, but I'm a bit concerned about what is going to happen over all. Different people play the game in different ways, and some players play differently in different gameworlds. Managers who are using a strategy of about twenty-two players for the matchday and then a few risers to build transfer money will probably have lower squad size than managers who are signing long-term prospects with a view to watching them grow into the team, because in the latter case the manager isn't going to be selling players as much.

I would be interested to know what squad size people think is reasonable.

I think squad caps are not the answer. But, maybe, a wage cap, or wage budget. OR sign as many players as you like, but we have a ultra tough concerns system. IE, anything over a 5th choice striker - they want minutes or to move for games, so a loan, or a transfer. Stops Huge squads, keeps transfer markets active, and keeps squads rotating.

On 10/25/2020 at 1:45 PM, -JMH- said:

I think squad caps are not the answer. But, maybe, a wage cap, or wage budget. OR sign as many players as you like, but we have a ultra tough concerns system. IE, anything over a 5th choice striker - they want minutes or to move for games, so a loan, or a transfer. Stops Huge squads, keeps transfer markets active, and keeps squads rotating.

Definitely. This is more realistic of real life. If admin can implement something to keep the player movement fresh, we can spread life into these game worlds where 5-10 clubs each hold 200+ players. 

Good to see some plans being announced. For far to long I have watched my beloved soccermanager be neglected, with trolls and cheats taking control. 

First and foremost the ratings need to be fixed. The current system is incredibly random. It worked fine back in 2012 or whenever. A rating schedule should be brought back - update the players on what regions are next to be looked at. 

Stop creating new gameworlds. SM went through a period of churning out new GWs which only resulted in more absolutely empty GWs. To create that "desire" factor again, id like to see admin make it not so easy to get big clubs, make it not so simple. There's just too many big clubs sitting vacant in GWs now. We need that interest back. 

Make SM social again. Bring back the newspaper, encourage and give the users a chance to communicate with each other. The current messaging system is awful. I think a better social interaction between managers will mean more internal deals being done, between 2 managers. 

Last point, please just focus on SM, and not all the other apps. This has always been the main drawcard. I promise you if you put your heart into this, the people will flood back to it. There's nothing else like this on the internet.

Thank you,

Dan 

I see that player hoarding also a concern for the community. Honestly, I am also a player hoarder. But, I’m supportive in getting rid of them because they make old GWs unattractive. I hoard players because I don’t get penalized and I have hundred millions in my balance. I think creating a squad cap is unviable because real-life teams are hoarding players as well! My suggestion is to penalize hoarder by using the Lack of Opportunity Concern and a revamped economy.

1.       Penalize using Lack of Opportunity Concerns

A team should only have 50 players, consisted of 25 first team players and 25 reserves. Here is my concern suggestion:

·         Players that are 90+ and in the peak years (25-30) want to play, so must be at least the 2nd choice in their position

·         Players that are 88+ and 22+ would accept rotational role but expect to be a first team regular soon, so they must be at least the 3rd choice in their position

·         All players regardless of age/rating should develop concern if they can’t be at least 5th choice in their position

By having those concern, any team could have at max 55 players before developing concerns.

2.       Creating economy that doesn’t pump money into the game world

Current economy is the one that causing player hoarding in the first place. I suggest that the game developer to simulate the game worlds until 10+ season and try to get the net changes of total values + balance of clubs in the game worlds to be as close to 0 as possible. Think about what pumps money in/out of the GWs.

In:

·         Season Ticket/Gate receipts

·         TV revenue

·         Sponsor

·         Merchandise

·         Prize money

Out:

·         Wages

·         Ground Maintenance

Try to balance those value. Due to the fact that most real-life team actually make loss, I suggest negative 1% to 0% net changes is the goal. We know that any decent managers would be able to make profit easily using transfers.

Real life news about only 4 Italian Serie A teams actually make profits in last 10 years: https://www.football-italia.net/160390/only-four-serie-clubs-made-profit-over-10-years

3.       Penalize using transfer market

Another suggestion that might be unpopular is harder to sell/loan players. There is a feature in SM that I’m 100% sure no one use, Release Player. In real life, teams like Barcelona released Suarez and Vidal because their inability to sell and to avoid high wages. In SM, players on transfer list will get bids within 2 weeks, which is unrealistic. My suggestions:

·         External/unmanaged clubs only transfer bid their real-life players.

·         Make AI smarter. Unmanaged clubs should only loan players that would be at least 2nd choice for the clubs

With these systems in place, a hoarding teams could end up like Parma in 2015.

Potential problems/loopholes:

I think my suggestion could create some problems. So, here are some problems that I could think right now and suggestion to tackle it.

• ·         Easy to get negative balance

I can see that to get net 0% balance per season, weekly balance should be negative and would get offset at the end/start of the season by Prize money and Season Tickets. To avoid that, I suggest that there is an “Expected Earnings” in the finance section that calculate balance prediction at the end of the season. So, although we have money, our chairman could block transfer to avoid possible negative balance in the future.

• ·         Level 5 concern player doesn’t sell

If external/unmanaged clubs could only bid their real-life players, there is a possibility that player with Lv. 5 concerns doesn’t get bid. I think this is fine, let the players leech salary from the club. At the end of season, the player could rescind the contract and become free agent.

• ·         Potential loophole: Sell/buy players before/after concern turns

Maybe if possible, lack of opportunity concern is evaluated every turns. Therefore, 55 players is somewhat a hard cap.

Maybe half of the GWs I'm in have squad caps. Of course this means you have to have trustworthy managers who will stick to this rule, as it's currently not possible to set a cap any other way. One GW I run has 80 managed teams. If there was no squad cap the transfer market would be dead by now (several seasons in) and the big clubs would just keep getting bigger.

I think the idea of squad caps mentioned to be included in the reboot won't apply to standard GWs. I'm assuming this will be an option when creating custom GWs. Much like how you can currently set maximum age limits for transfers, or maximum rating limits. So you'd be able to create a GW with a squad cap of 30, 40 or whatever. In which case it makes perfect sense to me to include this option. One of the problems with some customs I'm in is that sometimes managers don't adhere to the rules or forget and break the cap by accident. It would be much less hassle for GW owners if it was possible to set a limit and it couldn't be broken. Much like the current optional limits I mentioned. 

On 10/14/2020 at 9:20 PM, Steven Paul said:

During late Spring / early Summer we had a discussion with some members of our community on Discord regarding what needed addressing on SMW and what they'd like to see going forward A summary of this was posted on our Blog back in June which can be viewed here.

This work is being carried out and this is what we are proposing to work on...

Game Worlds

• Apply new features to new GWs. Community vote in older GWs whether they want these introducing.
  • New GWs:
    • Gold GWs in size.
    • Level club assets up by division with cash / facilities.
  • Custom GWs:
  • Decide on rules.
  • No more smaller GWs created.

New Features / Changes

• Player ratings / value:
    • Flexible around fixed rating. Can go up and down by 5 per GW.
    • Value overhaul.
  • Rework economy.
  • Players:
    • Add attributes / hidden attributes.
    • Add roles.
    • Add chemistry.
    • Expand and improve concerns / morale.
    • Improve contracts.
    • Squad limits - use concerns, contracts etc.
    • Squad numbers.
  • Transfers:
    • More transfer options.
    • More loan options.
    • More contract options.
  • Club Facilities:
    • Training - used for tactics, improved players, fitness etc.
    • Scouting - scout better players, reveal chemistry, hidden attributes etc.
    • Youth - better chance of new young players coming to club, improving youth players quicker etc.
    • Club Zone - improve finances / injuries.
      • Improve fan base.
    • 3D Stadium - improve / expand stadium.
      • Improve fan base.
  • Match Day:
    • Improve match engine.
    • Add more tactical options.
    • View in 3D match.
  • Expand cross GW play with connect GWs and/or live friendlies.
  • Make new and community seciton more engaging for example a Facebook style wall.
  • Cheating:
    • Massively increase caps on transfer values.
    • Manually monitor / respond to cheating.
  • Improve AI Clubs
    • Tactics.
    • Transfers.

Interface

• New modern UI across:
    • App (Android / iOS).
    • Desktop .exe
    • Web Browser.

Please feel free to add any constructive feedback.

yes This needs to be done

the subs for keepers are bad

we all should allowed to scout freely

I like the idea of fluctuating player ratings +/- 5 maybe a touch heavy but I would have to re-read this thread to see if how it works is explained. I'm hoping that decent tactics are needed to raise the ratings as opposed to the players just getting enough games.

Long overdue some of these changes.

All of the proposed details have been discussed in decent depth already, so I don't have much to add in regards to that. I just hope the community's input (by that I mean, those on the forum too and not just the select chosen few on the Discord chat) will be genuinely considered and decisions that actually improve the game come out of it.

On a more personal note, a pet peeve of mine that I'd like to be addressed is the removal of that annoying, pesky SM 21 pop-up that you always have to click to close when you log onto SM Worlds on the computer. It's a bit trivial to complain about something like this, but it's really bothers me now. If I wanted to play your knock-off single-player FM clone, I would have signed up by now. I don't need an ad for it in my face every single time - all it's doing is making me dislike Arteta for being in the ad (and I have nothing personal against the bloke in real life) and making me even less likely to try SM 21 at all.

I have ad blockers enabled so I don't think it's not an issue that I can sort out on my end. Please rectify this if you can, I'd be greatly appreciative hahaha!

The main problem is right here,

Chris starts the topic and is our only direct way to talk to sm.

He hasn't logged in for 12 days!

sm have have basically ignored the discord group and are heading off in the same direction of the last lot of improvements by ignoring the basic foundation of the game and what it's customers want.

1 hour ago, smut said:

The main problem is right here,

Chris starts the topic and is our only direct way to talk to sm.

He hasn't logged in for 12 days!

sm have have basically ignored the discord group and are heading off in the same direction of the last lot of improvements by ignoring the basic foundation of the game and what it's customers want.

Tbf, to Chris he did mention it's a 9-12 months process. 

So it's safe to assume we will hear from SM after 8 months again. 

I'll be very surprised if any updates even happen within the next decade. The one main thing they need to upgrade as a 'business' (apparently) is their customer service. OP is probably the one pocketing the money from the reserved clubs in Gold Gameworlds. Game is a farce, returned after a 5 year break and I think once this gold membership runs down I'll be quitting again, for good this time, like a hell of a lot of other managers have done/are doing.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, vinnylow said:

@Kev

I'm trying to use the old interface but when I click on tactics my phone doesn't let me switch any players or when I click on instructions it just does nothing 

Are you having this problem 

I use laptop but the old interface is working fine on there. Maybe send a bug report?

On 10/30/2020 at 7:39 AM, smut said:

Exactly, this thread was never about 'getting feedback'. If they cared about what we think, they would have addressed all of the feedback / constructive criticism that has been raised in this thread. Instead they've ignored lots of posters. 

Reality is this thread is just a classic guerrilla marketing tactic, make the customers feel they are involved in the decision making when the reality is, the decision has already been made. 

I tried to contact SM plenty of times to offer loads of suggestions - was ignored 

Imagine ignoring suggestions to help improve a game 

Not overly impressed with the suggestions either. 

The biggest change that’s needed if giving the GW owners the power to deal with cheating, kick out players for being racist, cheating etc - otherwise there’s no point in any other changes. 

3 hours ago, Islelovesoccer said:

I tried to contact SM plenty of times to offer loads of suggestions - was ignored 

Imagine ignoring suggestions to help improve a game 

Not overly impressed with the suggestions either. 

The biggest change that’s needed if giving the GW owners the power to deal with cheating, kick out players for being racist, cheating etc - otherwise there’s no point in any other changes. 

Since SM shows up once every two blue moons it's wise for all of us to be as much on point as possible. 

To reply to your first point - 

There is a possibility it's not only you giving suggestions. There are at least 20k SM world managers. Imagine just 10 percent of them giving suggestions. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 5:19 PM, Nameless said:

Since SM shows up once every two blue moons it's wise for all of us to be as much on point as possible. 

To reply to your first point - 

There is a possibility it's not only you giving suggestions. There are at least 20k SM world managers. Imagine just 10 percent of them giving suggestions. 

Nah when to contact a company directly to improve a game & they don’t want to know - that’s poor! You listen. 

I had said I would write a pm to Chris in a previous post but when I got the time to do so I noticed he was coming on here to respond, he now hasn't been on the forum since October 18th.

I think that shows how much sm cares about it's customer, I'm glad I didn't waste my time in writing, they are all a waste of space, I just wish they would sell the multi player to someone who is capable of turning it into a good game to play.

I have a Wed. & Thurs match not yet played and no message from sm, I wonder if they have noticed?

4 minutes ago, smut said:

I had said I would write a pm to Chris in a previous post but when I got the time to do so I noticed he was coming on here to respond, he now hasn't been on the forum since October 18th.

I think that shows how much sm cares about it's customer, I'm glad I didn't waste my time in writing, they are all a waste of space, I just wish they would sell the multi player to someone who is capable of turning it into a good game to play.

I have a Wed. & Thurs match not yet played and no message from sm, I wonder if they have noticed?

Theres random gold gameworlds bugged and have been stuck for months and months. Theres a gold world, around 340, thats stuck in season 5 or 6, and the one after it is in season 12 or something. Ain't gonna get fixed. I'm done with Golds now just gonna stick with some customs gameworlds, they can't even update the leagues, it's been 3 years. The clown that started this original post is the exact thing that's wrong with the game and the reason that in 1, 2 maybe 3 year, it'll be dead and buried for good

On 10/30/2020 at 9:24 AM, Nameless said:

Tbf, to Chris he did mention it's a 9-12 months process. 

So it's safe to assume we will hear from SM after 8 months again. 

I think it might depend on whether their get rich quick game with crypto currency makes them wealthy or loses them money.

the only comments I have seen are that the game is boring and can't see how anyone would put decent amounts of money into it.

If they realise they need to earn a living from the multi player game then they might start to listen to their customers, otherwise their arrogance and lack of respect will just continue.