Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Steven, all this sounds promising. However (as others have pointed out) I do not agree a lot with the ratings change. The beauty about SM Worlds is that updates come from real world performances -

"personally I love the real world aspect of this game" The same for me, I would leave SM after 11 years, if we lost this aspect of Real Life/Real World and I think many others would. Also I

Why are you trying to do so much? It feels like you've listened to a small cohort of hardcore SMers and haven't thought about the majority of more casual players who have only one or two teams.

Posted Images

Good day everyone. Been a while for myself.

First, I'm glad the SM higher ups have said they are going to improve SM Worlds. Second, I'll believe it when I see it.

The one main thing I'd like to see, is to keep the ratings how it is. Maybe the big 5 leagues get updated 3 times a year. Don't change what the game has been since the beginning. There shouldn't be any ratings boosts.

Other than that, just tweak and add a few things.

For instance, just being able to set your squad cap for your custom league would be nice. Maybe a drop down menu? Not too hard to ask. Also, being able to remove managers that talk nonsense on the News Feed, because if you add some more options to the rules for customs, none of these so called "side" rules would be broken.

Other than that, just tweak the UI a bit, maybe add a few things to tactics, and then work on your cash market by adding a few more things we can spend our money on, and I'll be good.

I'll disappear again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When a bid for player is accepted all other be ds in for that player collapses. SM should certainly change that. If the deal is internal and gets cancelled or doesn't go through it takes the parent club (external) a week or so to bid again. By that time the other players a manager wanted to buy with the cash get taken. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2020 at 1:05 AM, Nameless said:

When a bid for player is accepted all other be ds in for that player collapses. SM should certainly change that. If the deal is internal and gets cancelled or doesn't go through it takes the parent club (external) a week or so to bid again. By that time the other players a manager wanted to buy with the cash get taken. 

As I mentioned, a manager accepted a bid so all other bids collapsed and next second the manager left the GW.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes some minor changes are needed like the news feed, squad/wage cap, more rule options in CG, etc, but the majority in OP’s list are unnecessary & change for changes sake. 
 

Hopefully that flexible +/- rating idea is scrapped. Terrible idea, probably the worst one. Whats the point of buying the best players when Phil Jones can reach the same rating.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see you looking to improve.

Rating  system should not be altered . That is what makes to game so good that it's based on RL.

 

What I would like to see addressed is a manager can have a team full of 40 year olds  that are high rated and this team can every week beat teams with a average age rating  but this would not happen in RL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2020 at 11:10 AM, Steven said:

I've been told that I'll have news to post by the end of next week. There's just a lot of work involved behind the scenes before the developers can even start working on what was mentioned in the OP.

Hi Steven,

Any chance that you will work on what the customers want instead?

Any chance you will sort out the cheats and multi account problems soon?

Any chance you can answer bug tickets?

Any chance you can put right the problems the last lot of so called improvements caused?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2020 at 5:10 PM, Steven said:

I've been told that I'll have news to post by the end of next week. There's just a lot of work involved behind the scenes before the developers can even start working on what was mentioned in the OP.

12 hours more for the "end of next week".

Hope the bosses around the world don't get hold of the "SM calender". 

Re: There's just a lot of work involved behind the scenes.

The last significant work was done in 2015/2016. There was ample of time one would assume. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Nameless said:

12 hours more for the "end of next week".

Hope the bosses around the world don't get hold of the "SM calender". 

Re: There's just a lot of work involved behind the scenes.

The last significant work was done in 2015/2016. There was ample of time one would assume. 

Chris started the thread and hasn't been on here since Oct. 18th and Steve wrote that comment and hasn't been back on since.

Really does sum up the contempt they have for sm users.

Way of the world nowdays, no pride in their work and can't be bothered with wasting time on customers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I understand every business needs to make money. But to try and make money by completely ignoring the foundation of the organization/firm is mark of a bad business man.

SMW only gets touched once in 5 years. Communication is basic and most of the times automated. 

Ignorance has become the business motto of SM. 

Give deadline (once every 5 years) then miss it. Then go AWOL. Come and says two words. In those two words there's 2 different deadlines. They miss both the deadlines. 

All in all SM did PhD on how not to run a business and we are all getting free lessons.

Pathetic. Shameful. Hilarious. Crude. Non-existent. All at the same time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2021 at 7:37 AM, Nameless said:

I understand every business needs to make money. But to try and make money by completely ignoring the foundation of the organization/firm is mark of a bad business man.

SMW only gets touched once in 5 years. Communication is basic and most of the times automated. 

Ignorance has become the business motto of SM. 

Give deadline (once every 5 years) then miss it. Then go AWOL. Come and says two words. In those two words there's 2 different deadlines. They miss both the deadlines. 

All in all SM did PhD on how not to run a business and we are all getting free lessons.

Pathetic. Shameful. Hilarious. Crude. Non-existent. All at the same time. 

All they seem interested in is taking pocket money from their single player kids game and trying to get rich with some kind of crypto currency, a game that hasn't had positive views from established players of the multi game.

They have already shown they aren't listening to customers from those they asked for views, all very sad, just wish they would sell the multi player game to someone who cares.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

This promise update sound great if they keep the word. SMW its so much better than single player, so many potential here... it's an unique game based on reality, i dont understand why they didnt bother with SMW... Anyone knows what's the discord name channel that this @Steven Paulguy was talking about? I would love to know... So long to release an update? Talking for this soccermanager guys on twitter its the same as i speak for a stone

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

And I'm back...and I see we still have a few that are concerned with this update, but SM is not.

 

 

Hello? Is anyone there?

 

Updates? Anything? 

 

It's now 6 months after this so called anniversary update party for SM Worlds.

Maybe they're waiting for year 16 to be finished...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2021 at 10:53, rio31 said:

Y estoy de regreso ... y veo que todavía tenemos algunos que están preocupados con esta actualización, pero SM no.

 

 

¿Hola? ¿Hay alguien ahí?

 

Actualizaciones ¿Cualquier cosa? 

 

Han pasado 6 meses desde la llamada fiesta de actualización de aniversario de SM Worlds.

Quizás estén esperando que termine el año 16 ...

It seems that it was just a trick to keep the public aware

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2020 at 7:20 AM, Steven Paul said:

During late Spring / early Summer we had a discussion with some members of our community on Discord regarding what needed addressing on SMW and what they'd like to see going forward A summary of this was posted on our Blog back in June which can be viewed here.

This work is being carried out and this is what we are proposing to work on...

Game Worlds

  • Apply new features to new GWs. Community vote in older GWs whether they want these introducing.
  • New GWs:
    • Gold GWs in size.
    • Level club assets up by division with cash / facilities.
  • Custom GWs:
  • Decide on rules.
  • No more smaller GWs created.

New Features / Changes

  • Player ratings / value:
    • Flexible around fixed rating. Can go up and down by 5 per GW.
    • Value overhaul.
  • Rework economy.
  • Players:
    • Add attributes / hidden attributes.
    • Add roles.
    • Add chemistry.
    • Expand and improve concerns / morale.
    • Improve contracts.
    • Squad limits - use concerns, contracts etc.
    • Squad numbers.
  • Transfers:
    • More transfer options.
    • More loan options.
    • More contract options.
  • Club Facilities:
    • Training - used for tactics, improved players, fitness etc.
    • Scouting - scout better players, reveal chemistry, hidden attributes etc.
    • Youth - better chance of new young players coming to club, improving youth players quicker etc.
    • Club Zone - improve finances / injuries.
      • Improve fan base.
    • 3D Stadium - improve / expand stadium.
      • Improve fan base.
  • Match Day:
    • Improve match engine.
    • Add more tactical options.
    • View in 3D match.
  • Expand cross GW play with connect GWs and/or live friendlies.
  • Make new and community seciton more engaging for example a Facebook style wall.
  • Cheating:
    • Massively increase caps on transfer values.
    • Manually monitor / respond to cheating.
  • Improve AI Clubs
    • Tactics.
    • Transfers.

Interface

  • New modern UI across:
    • App (Android / iOS).
    • Desktop .exe
    • Web Browser.

Please feel free to add any constructive feedback.

Well it seems nothing has changed, well nothing to Soccermanager worlds at least. What a shame. I’ll continue to pay for Gold membership as I have done for the past 8 years, but this could really be a great game if the developers gave it any kind of love. There’s been no updates in years, I can’t even recall the last updates it’s been so long. 
 

They have a community which loves the game, yet we hardly hear from you even though you claim to listen to us?

I got one hope you deliver on your promise to improve the game. It’s painfully obvious it needs it. 
 

Please also remove the 6 goal cap you can score in a game and the 3 goal cap for 1 half too. 
 

Please read these and listen to your users, the game 8 years ago was better than it was today. Please, give this some love. We will repay you for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2020 at 7:20 AM, Steven Paul said:

During late Spring / early Summer we had a discussion with some members of our community on Discord regarding what needed addressing on SMW and what they'd like to see going forward A summary of this was posted on our Blog back in June which can be viewed here.

This work is being carried out and this is what we are proposing to work on...

Game Worlds

  • Apply new features to new GWs. Community vote in older GWs whether they want these introducing.
  • New GWs:
    • Gold GWs in size.
    • Level club assets up by division with cash / facilities.
  • Custom GWs:
  • Decide on rules.
  • No more smaller GWs created.

New Features / Changes

  • Player ratings / value:
    • Flexible around fixed rating. Can go up and down by 5 per GW.
    • Value overhaul.
  • Rework economy.
  • Players:
    • Add attributes / hidden attributes.
    • Add roles.
    • Add chemistry.
    • Expand and improve concerns / morale.
    • Improve contracts.
    • Squad limits - use concerns, contracts etc.
    • Squad numbers.
  • Transfers:
    • More transfer options.
    • More loan options.
    • More contract options.
  • Club Facilities:
    • Training - used for tactics, improved players, fitness etc.
    • Scouting - scout better players, reveal chemistry, hidden attributes etc.
    • Youth - better chance of new young players coming to club, improving youth players quicker etc.
    • Club Zone - improve finances / injuries.
      • Improve fan base.
    • 3D Stadium - improve / expand stadium.
      • Improve fan base.
  • Match Day:
    • Improve match engine.
    • Add more tactical options.
    • View in 3D match.
  • Expand cross GW play with connect GWs and/or live friendlies.
  • Make new and community seciton more engaging for example a Facebook style wall.
  • Cheating:
    • Massively increase caps on transfer values.
    • Manually monitor / respond to cheating.
  • Improve AI Clubs
    • Tactics.
    • Transfers.

Interface

  • New modern UI across:
    • App (Android / iOS).
    • Desktop .exe
    • Web Browser.

Please feel free to add any constructive feedback.

Well it seems nothing has changed, well nothing to Soccermanager worlds at least. What a shame. I’ll continue to pay for Gold membership as I have done for the past 8 years, but this could really be a great game if the developers gave it any kind of love. There’s been no updates in years, I can’t even recall the last updates it’s been so long. 
 

They have a community which loves the game, yet we hardly hear from you even though you claim to listen to us?

I got one hope you deliver on your promise to improve the game. It’s painfully obvious it needs it. 
 

Please also remove the 6 goal cap you can score in a game and the 3 goal cap for 1 half too. 
 

Please read these and listen to your users, the game 8 years ago was better than it was today. Please, give this some love. We will repay you for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brookfield PL's 33rd Season is coming to an end in a few turns. The league is looking for some new managers to come in and revamp some clubs. This obviously takes dedication and patience, so, if you aren't in the mood for that, don't bother.
 
Rules for the league is this...
#1 - Total Squad Cap of 50 Players. 1st Team Cap of 30 Players.
#2 - Transfer Windows Turns 1-5 and 20-24, simulating real life as best as possible.
#3 - Sackings in the Bottom 3 - With this, I've created my very own cash market for players, because once that club sacks its manager, I do not allow a new manager back at that club, unless a new manager comes in during the middle of the season and the club is already in the bottom 3. I keep the club open during the first transfer window of the next season and if after that a manager wants at that club, then they can come in and start to rebuild again. This allows bidding wars, which is fun, makes cash relevant, which SM has not done anything about, and really makes you manage your club and still win games, especially when you get to D1.
 
Other than that, manage the club how you want. Join in on the news feed when you want and have some good ol SM fun!
 
If this sounds like something you are interested in, just come and apply. All clubs are open as of right now.
ID 7664 - Brookfield Premier League
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...