Form is temporary, forumers are permanent!

Hello people,

This is the thread to begin a small to medium GW for forum users only. It is @jaybee idea I only started this thread. 

The plan is to get the GW open before the winter review for major leagues. So your quick responses will be appreciated. 

Many managers have already given their thoughts but I would request to answer again as having all the answers in one response will make thing easier and quicker.

It has been established that the GW will start with EMPTY SQUAD. So keeping this in mind please answer the following questions -

1. Starting balance

2. Squad cap

3. Age cap if any

4. Ratings cap if any

5. Stadium sizes 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k. Stadium size will determine the level of difficulty.

6. Economy level

7. Drafting players Yes or No. If yes, how many?

@jaybee @thorgan lesarlesar @Sir Rahul @TMCosta @Kev

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've used a number generator based on the 32 teams and this is how the leagues will start off.

@hoochy koochy @gyanthecat @Milanista @Lowco @d5v1L @crvena_zvezda @Hfazil @Mele10 @RHugrakkur @TCLVikerz @russj @vinnylow @Lost soul @JBS @Cvilhete @LauraAFCA

Only thing I'm saying is: Not too much rules please..

Posted Images

I’m playing a legue in Ireland (All teams/stadiums are small). Poor economy. You only win 200k/300k playing at home. 82 max rating to buy. 30 limit squad size. The idea is to kepp some of your best players because you cant buy over 82 and sell some of them because you still have to invest and buy new players. 

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Hi,

Created the thread to discuss the format of the upcoming GW. 

Please tag the concerned managers and let's start!

@jaybee @thorgan lesarlesar @Sir Rahul @TMCosta

@hoochy koochy @gyanthecat

@Milanista @Lowco

@d5v1L @crvena_zvezda

@Hfazil @Mele10

@RHugrakkur @TCLVikerz

@russj @vinnylow

@Lost soul @JBS

@Cvilhete @LauraAFCA

@PokerDaddy @vtrmp

@Hrodulf @Kieran_S91

@Cdog @bavarac91

The idea of a draft system is good but I think would be too difficult to do in terms of having all managers available at the same time.

I tend to prefer gameworlds where there are age and rating caps with a squad cap to prevent managers hoarding players.

I'm even in gameworlds where you are limited in terms of how many players you can sign in a season. They are interesting as you have to be more picky when signing players.

Are people more interested in starting with empty squads? That way no one has a financial advantage in terms of selling existing players.

For me empty squad, same starting balance, possibly similar stadium size, squad size, rating or age restrictions and couple custom rules i.e. no buying back a player for 2/3 months after selling him.

Draft looks interesting but that means every manager needs to have 300-800 players written on a paper. Say if I go first, my next turn will be after 31 turns. Which might mean 31 players from my shortlist taken. It sounds fun but very very hectic. 

May be we can do draft for first 5-10 players and then with the money left buy as one wants.

Hello everybody, and thank you for tagging me here! Most of the gameworlds I am in have age, rating or squad caps, so I would like to do something a little bit different. Here are some ideas I have, let me know what you think:

1. Empty squads.

2. The draft thing seems exciting. To make it easier, we could do it only for a certain number of players (3, 5, 11, you choose) instead of the whole team.

3. I would use a poor economy to prevent hoarding, instead of a squad cap. It works fine sometimes, but it's frustrating for scouting, which is what I most like in this game. In one of my gameworlds we have a squad cap only for the first team, but not for the youth team. It's nice because you can scout freely, but as soon as the player turns 22 you have to make decisions, sell him or someone else to stay within the cap.

4. I have mentioned already the 3x bids rule I have in another of my GWs, I think it works great in pre-seasons (in my mind, ideally, righ after the draft), and it can be lifted until the start of the following season. See the rule for my previous post:

On 11/20/2020 at 4:09 PM, gyanthecat said:

before the season starts, you are allowed to have only 3x active bids at the same time, so you have to think wisely of which players you want to sign. This way, you prevent managers from bidding on 30+ players at the same time and maybe get lucky and win most of them. When one bid is concluded (either accepted or rejected), you can go on and bid on some other player, but never more than 3x at the same time.

5. Very important, same or similar stadium size and weekly income.

1 hour ago, Patron said:

I’m playing a legue in Ireland (All teams/stadiums are small). Poor economy. You only win 200k/300k playing at home. 82 max rating to buy. 30 limit squad size. The idea is to kepp some of your best players because you cant buy over 82 and sell some of them because you still have to invest and buy new players. 

Are you interested in league too as don't have your name on the list?

17 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

Hello everybody, and thank you for tagging me here! Most of the gameworlds I am in have age, rating or squad caps, so I would like to do something a little bit different. Here are some ideas I have, let me know what you think:

1. Empty squads.

2. The draft thing seems exciting. To make it easier, we could do it only for a certain number of players (3, 5, 11, you choose) instead of the whole team.

3. I would use a poor economy to prevent hoarding, instead of a squad cap. It works fine sometimes, but it's frustrating for scouting, which is what I most like in this game. In one of my gameworlds we have a squad cap only for the first team, but not for the youth team. It's nice because you can scout freely, but as soon as the player turns 22 you have to make decisions, sell him or someone else to stay within the cap.

4. I have mentioned already the 3x bids rule I have in another of my GWs, I think it works great in pre-seasons (in my mind, ideally, righ after the draft), and it can be lifted until the start of the following season. See the rule for my previous post:

5 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

Draft would be easier with just 16 managers, I think it would be difficult with 32. That said a draft could be done for a limited no of players - say 3-5.

Maybe draft your first 11 if that sounds easier I would be happy enough with that

7 minutes ago, jaybee said:

First thing I think is for us to have a vote on empty squads.

Quote this post with yes or no.

Empty Squads - YES

You know my answer but Empty yes 😁

31 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

1. Empty squads.

I agree in terms of having the economy set as poor as can help with keeping squads smaller. It means you have to be more creative when signing players.

I like the idea of bid rule too as long as we help each other out on this as can be difficult to track with so many managers. 

On point 5 I think that is essential too in terms of keeping income on roughly the same level for all teams. 

While I did point out that draft is a veryy complicated process, I'm still leaning towards empty squads... A draft for only the first X(3-11) players sounds good

After the top players are taken in the draft, the rest would mostly be cheap disposable players OR young talents, both of which are available in plenty.   (due to the financial restraint and the need to get 21 players somehow)

I think a draft isn't necessary to pick those players, I mean say Nuno mendes OR Aaron Hickey? no clue who'd turn out the better player so I'd be happy with either. It's the top players that matter, and that could be settled with the draft.

Also, how about having TWO picks per attempt?

1st player

2nd player- should be rated below X(90/85/80)

This could save time and we can have 5 rounds maybe? And fill up 10 players, and start the gameworld...

Just now, jaybee said:

I agree in terms of having the economy set as poor as can help with keeping squads smaller. It means you have to be more creative when signing players.

I like the idea of bid rule too as long as we help each other out on this as can be difficult to track with so many managers. 

On point 5 I think that is essential too in terms of keeping income on roughly the same level for all teams. 

You cannot keep track of this. Hence, it is very important you let in trusted managers only. 

But if we are doing partial draft (3-6 players). The above rules makes no sense.

So it is either

(i) a partial draft or

(ii) only 3 bids at a time until deals are completed. Though this has huge drawback on empty squads. Since it's possible a manager loses all 3 players each time in first 2/3 transfers waves. 

One rule I am big fan of is that clubs (say 3) that gets relegated needs to sell their 1st, 2nd and 3rd best players to external asap. 

For example: since this is a 16 club GW. Club that finishes 16th (last) have to sell best rated player to external. Club that finishes 15th (2nd last) will need to sell second best rated player to external and club finishing 14th (third last) sells his third best rated player. 

The clubs can bid on the players from external though. 

This derives from the idea that irl relegated club's best players decide to leave. 

6 minutes ago, jaybee said:

The GWs with this rule have 35-40 managers each, so it's a big effort to track this, but it can be done. Of course there is no way to enforce the rule, so it is left to the common sense and sportiness of the participants.

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

You cannot keep track of this. Hence, it is very important you let in trusted managers only. 

But if we are doing partial draft (3-6 players). The above rules makes no sense.

So it is either

(i) a partial draft or

(ii) only 3 bids at a time until deals are completed. Though this has huge drawback on empty squads. Since it's possible a manager loses all 3 players each time in first 2/3 transfers waves. 

In my mind, we would choose 5 players each with a draft on the forum, before we start the gameworld. After that (only for the pre-season) we enforce the 3x bids rule to complete the team (since you still have to buy a lot of players to complete the 21-player squad).

The reason of 3x bids is exactly to avoid what you say in your point (ii). If you allow managers to bid on every player, it could easily happen that there are 10-15 bids for the same players and the chances to win them are very slim. With only 3x bids allowed, you and your opponents have limited chances to bid on the same players and you will have much less competition on the ones you want (or try to 'steal' players that nobody bid for). This way you avoid that one 'lucky' manager could win a lot of players, at the expenses of the 'unlucky' ones.

However, you got a point. Depending on the duration of the pre-season, 3x bids couldn't be enough to fill the squad, so we could rise it to 5x bids to make it faster.

i think empty squads has to be the way forward, from my experience a draft of 3 players to pick from makes the most sense and the rest should be an open market as within a set budget you will have to be careful of what you spend rather than getting 11 players of your choice at cv in any competitive the ability to plan wisely with a budget is paramount imo , lets be honest the majority of players here are well versed in the game and we are all going to be going for the same players. 

• empty squads 
  • similar size stadium
  • normal economy
  • a rating cap once player goes over cap he should be sold 
  • set starting budget