Form is temporary, forumers are permanent!

Nameless

As some of you may know I'm starting a New forumers league up after leaving QPR as I was involved in the relagation run in ...which I was excited about...I really really enjoyed this GW hence why I'm setting a new 1 up to participate in and run I appreciate everything jaybee did ...for this GW but his silence since Thursday nights events are deafening and then almost defends what pop at 1 stage I thought his account had been hacked as he is a well respected guy and his help on discord for the upcoming changes have been brilliant as for pop tate I find him rude arrogant and not very nice if you can't respect other people how can you expect to be respected yourself 

2 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

Hi Thorgan, it was me who told you not to apply for that specific team, because I hoped that the situation could be salvaged and we could bring the original manager back in. Apparently, this is not the case, and many more managers left. But it seems that the replacement with other non-forumer managers has begun (I have seen at least one, who I actually know from other GWs and he is a good manager, but it doesn't matter). I guess you are welcome to apply for any team now.

Anyway, I particularly agree with what Laura said: we need clarity to know which direction the setup is going in.

I will wait for a few more days, but if no clear and transparent decisions are taken for the future of the GW, I too will sadly leave.

PS: Happy Easter averyone who celebrates it! :) 

It's not a problem that you asked me that. That's not the case. I did it for that manager, I hope he returns and I have no problem with it. I meant it in another context. I'm saying I'm trying 2 - 3 weeks in and wasn't still in...

Never experienced this in this game. Has the managers in real life also a permision needed from the other managers ?

2 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

Btw, just to make it clear, I think that accepting external managers without having asked anyone's opinion, and without even trying to solve the ongoing issues first and bring back the old managers is another poor choice, and in my eyes another reason to leave the GW.

Ofc you have to solve the ongoing issues first, but why do you need an opinion from a manager of Manchester City (just naming teams) for example to become coach from Manchester United for example ? 

1 hour ago, thorgan lesar said:

It's not a problem that you asked me that. That's not the case. I did it for that manager, I hope he returns and I have no problem with it. I meant it in another context. I'm saying I'm trying 2 - 3 weeks in and wasn't still in...

Never experienced this in this game. Has the managers in real life also a permision needed from the other managers ?

I totally agree with you. I'll try to summarise what happened, so you won't think that it was something against you.

Before the season started, we all decided to take teams with similar sized stadiums, so that no-one would be advantaged with higher incomes due to a higher attendance. But after we started, we realised that one team (Belenenses) actually played in a different stadium, which was much bigger than we expected, so we decided to leave it unmanaged, to avoid giving advantage to someone.

Afterwards, however, we realised that in fact it didn't have more attendance than the other teams, so the income was more or less the same, and most of us thought it was ok to give it to some manager (you, in this case). Before doing that, we decided it would be fair to give everybody the opportunity to say if they agreed or not, so we put this decision to votes. In case of a positive outcome, you could join at the beginning of the new season, that's why you had to wait 2-3 weeks.

As far as I know, only one person voted no, but (don't ask me why) the GW owner decided that the vast majority wasn't enough, and that the decision had to be unanimous...

Ofc you have to solve the ongoing issues first, but why do you need an opinion from a manager of Manchester City (just naming teams) for example to become coach from Manchester United for example ? 

Of course it is not the case, and I'll try to explain again.

That GW was supposed to be only for forumers. So my last post regarded my concern about accepting a manager who isn't a forum user (so, not you) without even asking anyone if it was ok to do so (in this case, apparently it didn't need to be an unanimous decision, nor subject to votes either).

I take this opportunity to repeat that I have the highest esteem for the GW owner, but this doesn't prevent me from pointing out the lack of transparency and foresight in his latest choices. Indeed, it is precisely because of the esteem I have for his intelligence and fairness that I am confident that he will be able to review his choices and get this GW back on track.

23 hours ago, hoochy koochy said:

Is this your attempt to get sympathy votes ? Again digressing from point on hand. So elusive.. Iv not accused you, you have landed yourself in this and keep digging a bigger hole. You doing what you did for SM community with threads etc has nothing to do with you destroying a GW by siding with a self confessed petty cheat. Talking about everything under the sun and defending him.. insulting the intelligence and commitment of top notch managers ... and then coming on here and saying “you have been accused..”. Wow. Please just stop. You have all but destoryed your credibility in SM. You refuse to even attempt to salvage the GW. Everyone who has posted has eluded to that, even dropping you hints to try. I wanted you to, that’s why hung back in hope that Vinny and Nick (later Jack) will all come back and u will fight for that. But damn! How can you not be suspicious of your own behaviour. . Siding with the cheat, where u were the only benefactor. There is no accusation here... just stating facts - you can come to your own conclusion.  

You're constantly accusing me. I think you need to read back your posts.

14 hours ago, NickTheBiz said:

What a shame this GW got entirely ruined like this.  But once something has been proven all integrity is out of the window and there won't be trust again.

Real shame.

See you in the next one lads.

What has been proven?

8 hours ago, PokerDaddy said:

All of above comments are relevant and fair IMO. The thing that baffles me is that JBee has supported to the hilt Pop Tate knowing that established, well respected forumers and managers in their own right are and have chosen to leave the very good and challenging gameworld and he seems to be ok with that instead of taking the low road and dishing out some kind of discipline to Pop and everything would have been dealt with!! Instead the gameworld is falling apart daily and all thats going to happen is that more will follow and leave and practically close the gameworld instead of doing the right thing to start with!! I have the utmost respect for JBee as a forumer and manager but I just cannot understand the stand he is taking defending someone who in the majority of the other fellow managers did something that was in the gutter!! Surely it's obvious that if 95% of people say it was in bad taste and wrong for what happened to have happened then surely thats the take JBee should have too?? 

The majority of you were happy for Thorgan to join as Belenseses manager.

One manager wasn't so I respected what he said. Maybe I'd have been better off going with the majority instead of going against them.

I'm annoyed at my integrity being called in to question when I've done nothing wrong. I have not been involved in any cheating.

It seems you've all made your decision and there is nothing I can say to change that.

I haven't supported Pop Tate as such. I said he hasn't cheated as there is nothing in the rules against what he did. I understand though it has left a bad taste in the mouth.

It seems a good few of you have decided I'm now not to be trusted which saddens me.

Good luck to all of you in the future.

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

The majority of you were happy for Thorgan to join as Belenseses manager.

One manager wasn't so I respected what he said. Maybe I'd have been better off going with the majority instead of going against them.

I'm annoyed at my integrity being called in to question when I've done nothing wrong. I have not been involved in any cheating.

It seems you've all made your decision and there is nothing I can say to change that.

I haven't supported Pop Tate as such. I said he hasn't cheated as there is nothing in the rules against what he did. I understand though it has left a bad taste in the mouth.

It seems a good few of you have decided I'm now not to be trusted which saddens me.

Good luck to all of you in the future.

It's got absolutely NOTHING to do with trust JayBee....NOTHING!! It has EVERYTHING to do with what was right for the MAJORITY of the gameworld!! The MAJORITY quite clearly didn't agree with Pop Tate's actions and we ALL were looking for some kind of response from YOU the gameworld owner!! You're response was to side with the person that has caused all this problem!! Hence you have lost a number of respected and HONEST managers!! I really hope that someday soon you come to your senses and realise that what lack of action you have done has ultimately resulted in what has ended up happening!! And all the while the culprit is hiding behind his keyboard LAUGHING AT YOU FOR NOT DOING ANYTHING!! All he is doing is leaving sarcastic LIKES. You're being taken for a fool by this numbskull and you just cannot see it! I know you're no fool but swallow your pride and do the right thing JayBee....it's not too late. I would love love love to come back to the GW, but that will never happen until action is taken. I can safely say that 100% of the other managers that have also left would agree!!

9 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Do I have to wait 2-3 weeks for a reply to my PM on the forum?

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Do I have to wait 2-3 weeks for a reply to my PM on the forum?

I don't see any PM to me. That's not the same by the way, but if I forgot to answer a PM from you, I'm sorry. That happens, but you'll get the answer..

But there are some differences between applying for a team or answerring a PM...

34 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

I don't see any PM to me. That's not the same by the way, but if I forgot to answer a PM from you, I'm sorry. That happens, but you'll get the answer..

But there are some differences between applying for a team or answerring a PM...

Don't be sorry. I meant it in a lightheaded way at the same time made sure it doesn't take 2-3 weeks (or long time) 😎

9 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

I totally agree with you. I'll try to summarise what happened, so you won't think that it was something against you.

Before the season started, we all decided to take teams with similar sized stadiums, so that no-one would be advantaged with higher incomes due to a higher attendance. But after we started, we realised that one team (Belenenses) actually played in a different stadium, which was much bigger than we expected, so we decided to leave it unmanaged, to avoid giving advantage to someone.

Afterwards, however, we realised that in fact it didn't have more attendance than the other teams, so the income was more or less the same, and most of us thought it was ok to give it to some manager (you, in this case). Before doing that, we decided it would be fair to give everybody the opportunity to say if they agreed or not, so we put this decision to votes. In case of a positive outcome, you could join at the beginning of the new season, that's why you had to wait 2-3 weeks.

As far as I know, only one person voted no, but (don't ask me why) the GW owner decided that the vast majority wasn't enough, and that the decision had to be unanimous...

Of course it is not the case, and I'll try to explain again.

That GW was supposed to be only for forumers. So my last post regarded my concern about accepting a manager who isn't a forum user (so, not you) without even asking anyone if it was ok to do so (in this case, apparently it didn't need to be an unanimous decision, nor subject to votes either).

I take this opportunity to repeat that I have the highest esteem for the GW owner, but this doesn't prevent me from pointing out the lack of transparency and foresight in his latest choices. Indeed, it is precisely because of the esteem I have for his intelligence and fairness that I am confident that he will be able to review his choices and get this GW back on track.

Ofc I know it's not personal, but it isn't a good sign either to the manager that wants to get in. It's strange to me that a manager - if it's me or someone else - for just a game has to wait 2 - 3 weeks to get in. Almost every manager will think that it's time to go for another GW because he wants to enjoy the game. 

If you want to make only a team with forumers that's fine, but if there is a free team that's not something bad either.. If it's an external to get in, I understand that he needs "a go" to get in, but come on not for 2 - 3 weeks. @Vinnynx only took a couple of hours to get me in. If it's going for so long the manager will get the sign that he isn't welcome. I know I'm welcome, but the signs are not particulary good.. 

I get that jaybee wants only unanimous, but there are 2 options.. Either you're asking to the 1 manager that said no and ask him why on the same day or go with the majority. 

But hey, no harm feelings. It happened and now we have to move on. I still believe in @jaybee and I know he's a good person and a good value to the forum. 

29 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

Ofc I know it's not personal, but it isn't a good sign either to the manager that wants to get in. It's strange to me that a manager - if it's me or someone else - for just a game has to wait 2 - 3 weeks to get in. Almost every manager will think that it's time to go for another GW because he wants to enjoy the game. 

If you want to make only a team with forumers that's fine, but if there is a free team that's not something bad either.. If it's an external to get in, I understand that he needs "a go" to get in, but come on not for 2 - 3 weeks. @Vinnynx only took a couple of hours to get me in. If it's going for so long the manager will get the sign that he isn't welcome. I know I'm welcome, but the signs are not particulary good.. 

I get that jaybee wants only unanimous, but there are 2 options.. Either you're asking to the 1 manager that said no and ask him why on the same day or go with the majority. 

But hey, no harm feelings. It happened and now we have to move on. I still believe in @jaybee and I know he's a good person and a good value to the forum. 

I agree with you, I just explained why this happened, but it's not in my power to decide who is accepted into the GW or not.

Btw, unanimous decision or not, I think it was right to wait until the end of the season, because all the managers had to have the opportunity to play an unmanaged team, to avoid giving advantage to those who played against Belenenses earlier.

7 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

I agree with you, I just explained why this happened, but it's not in my power to decide who is accepted into the GW or not.

Btw, unanimous decision or not, I think it was right to wait until the end of the season, because all the managers had to have the opportunity to play an unmanaged team, to avoid giving advantage to those who played against Belenenses earlier.

I saw this as being the only reason why the wait took place.

9 hours ago, PokerDaddy said:

It's got absolutely NOTHING to do with trust JayBee....NOTHING!! It has EVERYTHING to do with what was right for the MAJORITY of the gameworld!! The MAJORITY quite clearly didn't agree with Pop Tate's actions and we ALL were looking for some kind of response from YOU the gameworld owner!! You're response was to side with the person that has caused all this problem!! Hence you have lost a number of respected and HONEST managers!! I really hope that someday soon you come to your senses and realise that what lack of action you have done has ultimately resulted in what has ended up happening!! And all the while the culprit is hiding behind his keyboard LAUGHING AT YOU FOR NOT DOING ANYTHING!! All he is doing is leaving sarcastic LIKES. You're being taken for a fool by this numbskull and you just cannot see it! I know you're no fool but swallow your pride and do the right thing JayBee....it's not too late. I would love love love to come back to the GW, but that will never happen until action is taken. I can safely say that 100% of the other managers that have also left would agree!!

Agreed.

The teams that have been left by their managers will soon start to sell players and buy their original players back, with a consequent 10-week transfer ban, which will make them really unattractive.

Therefore, some action must be taken now, if we want to salvage the GW before it's too late.

So, I have two questions for you, and we need to solve this thing as soon as possible.

1) To all the managers who left, are you willing to come back if any action is taken, e.g. a punishment against the Monza manager?

2) Many managers agree that he should be punished for what happened, so what kind of punishment would be fair according to you?

a) no punishment.

b) he must leave the GW.

c) one season transfer ban.

d) half a season transfer ban.

e) he must play the same lineup he played against Santos for the whole of next season. :D

f) other. Please specify.

Just now, gyanthecat said:

The teams that have been left by their managers will soon start to sell players and buy their original players back, with a consequent 10-week transfer ban, which will make them really unattractive.

Therefore, some action must be taken now, if we want to salvage the GW before it's too late.

So, I have two questions for you, and we need to solve this thing as soon as possible.

1) To all the managers who left, are you willing to come back if any action is taken, e.g. a punishment against the Monza manager?

2) Many managers agree that he should be punished for what happened, so what kind of punishment would be fair according to you?

a) no punishment.

b) he must leave the GW.

e) he must play the same lineup he played against Santos for the whole of next season. :D

I'd really like option e) to happen, but I will vote for d). :)

7 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

a) no punishment.

b) he must leave the GW.

option g) get real and face reality, you guys are still believing something will happen after 4 days i have to say i admire your optimism but its extremely naive

10 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

Many managers agree that he should be punished for what happened, so what kind of punishment would be fair according to you?

a) no punishment.

b) he must leave the GW.

b)

Personally, I'm okay with leaving him with just a transfer ban, but opt (b) is necessary for the GW to run smoothly again.

24 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

a) no punishment.

b) he must leave the GW.

Transfer ban is alright. I think it's c) or d) for me. Leaning towards d) more

45 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

a) no punishment.

b) he must leave the GW.

c) for me

1 hour ago, gyanthecat said:

a) no punishment.

b) he must leave the GW.

@gyanthecatthabks for your efforts in saving the Gw 

option B for me

and a statement form Jaybee that will help attract the leavers and rid of any doubt to collectively try and bring back integrity and unity. 

1 hour ago, gyanthecat said:

a) no punishment.

b) he must leave the GW.

c) probably

I hope this gets settled soon. But tbh, if we cannot get the original managers back, I don't know if I want to continue. Forum aspect of the GW was why I joined... if this isn't there I'd rather leave, especially as I am spending more time sorting clubs and positions on Soccerwiki. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

c) probably

I hope this gets settled soon. But tbh, if we cannot get the original managers back, I don't know if I want to continue. Forum aspect of the GW was why I joined... if this isn't there I'd rather leave, especially as I am spending more time sorting clubs and positions on Soccerwiki. 

I agree with you. My main goal is to have the forumers back. Otherwise I will stop bothering and probably leave the GW, too.