Form is temporary, forumers are permanent!

Nameless

4 minutes ago, glinka said:

Hi guys I hope you don't mind me putting this on here, just that I know there are a lot of experienced forum users on here and just wondered if any one could help me with a general SM query.

I've created a separate post on the forum so I'll just copy it over:

'Do SM actually look into cheating any more? Seriously!? In previous years, I have reported cases of managers cheating and SMFA have acted upon it either reversing the transfers and/or have sacked them. However, more recently, even when the evidence is clearer than ever, I always get a message saying 'insufficient evidence'!

So does anyone actually check this out or is it just an automated reply now? I pay £20 a year for gold membership and as part of that I expect some access to communicate with the people running it.'

Things recently do seem to be happening. Recently in another gameworld I have reported an obvious cheat with duplicate accounts. I sent an email with a detailed explanation as to why I thought he was a cheat. In one case he was removed SAME DAY and in another, just today I received notification of him being removed!! It might be slow, but in my case things have happened!!

5 minutes ago, PokerDaddy said:

Things recently do seem to be happening. Recently in another gameworld I have reported an obvious cheat with duplicate accounts. I sent an email with a detailed explanation as to why I thought he was a cheat. In one case he was removed SAME DAY and in another, just today I received notification of him being removed!! It might be slow, but in my case things have happened!!

That's good to hear. I am currently having a different experience where it seems to be ignored: In a GW, a new manager came in, accepts an offer from a team straight away for the minimum amount. SMFA cancel the deal. The same manager puts in another offer for £2m more and a separate manager bids the maximum (£21m more). The lower bid is accepted and the deal has gone through.

'insufficiant evidence' apparently?

1 hour ago, glinka said:

Hi guys I hope you don't mind me putting this on here, just that I know there are a lot of experienced forum users on here and just wondered if any one could help me with a general SM query.

'Do SM actually look into cheating any more? Seriously!? In previous years, I have reported cases of managers cheating and SMFA have acted upon it either reversing the transfers and/or have sacked them. However, more recently, even when the evidence is clearer than ever, I always get a message saying 'insufficient evidence'!

So does anyone actually check this out or is it just an automated reply now? I pay £20 a year for gold membership and as part of that I expect some access to communicate with the people running it.'

every time i reported cheating they resolved it pretty quickly. i found the more information and detail you give the more likely it is to get resolved. if you just flag it and say "these are the same person cheating' they dont do anything. you have to put all your reasoning

5 minutes ago, keefmj said:

every time i reported cheating they resolved it pretty quickly. i found the more information and detail you give the more likely it is to get resolved. if you just flag it and say "these are the same person cheating' they dont do anything. you have to put all your reasoning

I hear you. I think I'm quite thorough usually. It's good to hear people saying they get proper action though as I was convinced it was just an automated response.

6 minutes ago, glinka said:

I hear you. I think I'm quite thorough usually. It's good to hear people saying they get proper action though as I was convinced it was just an automated response.

I was thinking along the same lines. I have seen and reported such blatant cases of duplicate accounts and get the same message no matter how much detail I go into 

6 hours ago, glinka said:

From recent experience, they do absolutely nothing about cheating. There is cheating happening in one of my GWs and it is obvious, SM have done nothing about it. I have emailed them and heard nothing back. I've contacted Steven Paul on the Discord group and I'm putting that he'll push for some action to be taken.

On 5/8/2021 at 9:21 PM, jaybee said:

Odense are available if anyone on forum would be interested in managing them.

UP

On 5/11/2021 at 12:06 AM, glinka said:

Idk, in one of my GW, a cheater admitted cheating and nothing has been done.. But in another GW, 6 managers got kicked by SMFA. 1st GW was a full european champ (24 managers), 2nd GW was almost full english champ

On 5/13/2021 at 4:50 AM, TCLVikerz said:

UP

Idk, in one of my GW, a cheater admitted cheating and nothing has been done.. But in another GW, 6 managers got kicked by SMFA. 1st GW was a full european champ (24 managers), 2nd GW was almost full english champ

Definitely seems inconsistent at best.

2 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

Hello everybody! I have asked @themadhatter if he wants to join our GW and he said he might be interested. Let's all welcome him, to encourage him to take up this nice challenge!

Mr. Hatter, if you have any doubts, you can ask here, or our GW guru: mr. @jaybee. Cheers! :) 

Hatter!! Come join the madness!! I am sure you would be an awesome addition to the GW! Come show us what you're made of!! 

4 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

Hello everybody! I have asked @themadhatter if he wants to join our GW and he said he might be interested. Let's all welcome him, to encourage him to take up this nice challenge!

Mr. Hatter, if you have any doubts, you can ask here, or our GW guru: mr. @jaybee. Cheers! :) 

Nice one Gyan, thanks. I'd be delighted to have the Mad Hatter in the gameworld. 

On 5/18/2021 at 8:32 PM, Bobbinz86Zena said:
hello I saw that many of the forums are in this world and I tried to ask to enter. thank you if I am accepted🥺

I'm happy to have you join if others are able to vouch for you

• 1 month later...

Not long to go till the season ends and rules will remain the same for next season.

Squad cap will still be 35.

Plenty to play for in both divisions as teams look to win titles, avoid relegation or gain promotion.

In division 1, St Gallen are 7 points clear of Hibs. At the other end of the table Odense are rooted to the bottom though have a new manager who has made decent signings so far. It looks like they may go down then it's two from five with both Prague teams, Monza, Queen's Park Rangers and Gent battling to stay up 

In division 2, AZ are six points clear of Monaco. Behind them, Notts County, Nancy, Derry, Montreal and NAC look to be battling for playoffs or potentially even automatic promotion.

Hope everyone stays on next season and good luck to all for the rest of the season 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 5:06 PM, russj said:

Will be staying even if Sparta go down 

On 7/5/2021 at 7:19 PM, glinka said:

Absolutely!

Nice one guys. Glad to hear it. I'm almost certain to get relegated but hopefully it should give us time to build our project 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How is attendance determined by SMW?  St. Gallen has middling attendance numbers.  I assumed that winning the league would lead to an increase in attendance but it hasn't worked out that way. Just played the first league home match and the attendance was just under 12,000.  Meanwhile Heart of Midlothian is pulling in over 18,000 paying customers.