Jump to content

Form is temporary, forumers are permanent!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've used a number generator based on the 32 teams and this is how the leagues will start off.

@hoochy koochy @gyanthecat @Milanista @Lowco @d5v1L @crvena_zvezda @Hfazil @Mele10 @RHugrakkur @TCLVikerz @russj @vinnylow @Lost soul @JBS @Cvilhete @LauraAFCA

Only thing I'm saying is: Not too much rules please..

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Nameless said:

Hello people,

This is the thread to begin a small to medium GW for forum users only. It is @jaybee idea I only started this thread. 

The plan is to get the GW open before the winter review for major leagues. So your quick responses will be appreciated. 

Many managers have already given their thoughts but I would request to answer again as having all the answers in one response will make thing easier and quicker.

It has been established that the GW will start with EMPTY SQUAD. So keeping this in mind please answer the following questions -

 

1. Starting balance

2. Squad cap

3. Age cap if any

4. Ratings cap if any

5. Stadium sizes 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k. Stadium size will determine the level of difficulty.

6. Economy level

7. Drafting players Yes or No. If yes, how many?

 

@jaybee @thorgan lesarlesar @Sir Rahul @TMCosta @Kev

Starting balance £100mill

Squad cap 50

no age cap

Yes ratings cap (not sure on cap and wouldn’t want to sell players if they rise over the cap)

stadium 20k

ecomony normal

drafting no 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nameless said:

Hello people,

This is the thread to begin a small to medium GW for forum users only. It is @jaybee idea I only started this thread. 

The plan is to get the GW open before the winter review for major leagues. So your quick responses will be appreciated. 

Many managers have already given their thoughts but I would request to answer again as having all the answers in one response will make thing easier and quicker.

It has been established that the GW will start with EMPTY SQUAD. So keeping this in mind please answer the following questions -

 

1. Starting balance 

2. Squad cap

3. Age cap if any

4. Ratings cap if any

5. Stadium sizes 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k. Stadium size will determine the level of difficulty.

6. Economy level

7. Drafting players Yes or No. If yes, how many?

 

@jaybee @thorgan lesarlesar @Sir Rahul @TMCosta @Kev

I'd like to join the gameworld if possible? 

 

1. Starting balance - Think this should be decided depending on if theres a rating cap? If cap is lower then budgets dont need to be as high

2. Squad cap 30-40

3. Age cap if any 30

4. Ratings cap if any - Don't mind

5. Stadium sizes 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k. Stadium size will determine the level of difficulty. 10k or 15k

6. Economy level Medium to high

7. Drafting players Yes or No. If yes, how many? No

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jaybee said:

First thing I think is for us to have a vote on empty squads.

Quote this post with yes or no.

Empty Squads - YES

Jaybee

Gyan

Kieran

Nameless

Vtrmp

Lost Soul

Cvilhete

Rhugrakkar

Mele10

Thorgan

Hfazil

Lowco

Russj

Empty Squads - NO

Rahul

Bavarac

Sorry for voting so late (I've only just discovered this forum now lol). I know the decision has been made on Empty Squad, but my vote would have been Yes.

9 hours ago, jaybee said:

It's looking like Empty Squads will get the vote.

The next thing we need to decide on is whether we have a rating and/or age cap. Most of the best games I play in have a rating cap. I prefer that way signing players and watching them develop.

Please quote this post with your decision.

Rating Cap - YES

Jaybee

D5V1L

Mele10

Russj

Rating Cap - NO

Nameless

Kieran

Rhugrakkar

Lost Soul

Gyan

Hfazil

Lowco

Rahul

Age Cap - Yes

Nameless

Jaybee

D5V1L

Age Cap - No

Kieran

Rhugrakkar

Lost Soul

Gyan

Hfazil

Lowco

Mele10

Rahul

Russj

Rating cap - no.

Age cap - no.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 9:22 AM, Nameless said:

Hello people,

This is the thread to begin a small to medium GW for forum users only. It is @jaybee idea I only started this thread. 

The plan is to get the GW open before the winter review for major leagues. So your quick responses will be appreciated. 

Many managers have already given their thoughts but I would request to answer again as having all the answers in one response will make thing easier and quicker.

It has been established that the GW will start with EMPTY SQUAD. So keeping this in mind please answer the following questions -

 

1. Starting balance

2. Squad cap

3. Age cap if any

4. Ratings cap if any

5. Stadium sizes 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k. Stadium size will determine the level of difficulty.

6. Economy level

7. Drafting players Yes or No. If yes, how many?

 

@jaybee @thorgan lesarlesar @Sir Rahul @TMCosta @Kev

1. No idea. (It depends whether we have drafts or not, and what kind of players will be drafted).

2. No (if yes, 50 players).

3. No.

4. No.

5. No idea, but @Lowco asked a good question about it.

6. Poor or normal.

7. Yes, please! (5-7 players).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lowco said:

Sorry, before my final answer, tell me, I just saw that the Stadium Size of Real Madrid for example is more than 85k. So if you put some options like 15 or 20k, are we going to have just medium teams like Granada (19k) and Getafe (16k)? 

Yeah, it would be teams who have a capacity of around 20k for example. You have to be more strategic with your finances that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fez17_1888 said:

I'd like to join the gameworld if possible? 

 

1. Starting balance - Think this should be decided depending on if theres a rating cap? If cap is lower then budgets dont need to be as high

2. Squad cap 30-40

3. Age cap if any 30

4. Ratings cap if any - Don't mind

5. Stadium sizes 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k. Stadium size will determine the level of difficulty. 10k or 15k

6. Economy level Medium to high

7. Drafting players Yes or No. If yes, how many? No

Will add you to the list of those who are interested

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Starting balance - 150m

2. Squad cap - Yes, 33

3. Age cap if any - No

4. Ratings cap if any - No

5. Stadium sizes 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k. Stadium size will determine the level of difficulty. - 10k or 15k

6. Economy level - Normal

7. Drafting players Yes or No. If yes, how many? - Only partial drafting of 5 players. I do not even know if it's possible for 32 clubs GW but a very interesting concept. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Starting balance £100m people should be rewarded for smart budgeting and planning, too much money and there's no real test

2. Squad cap 30 anything over 35 is just allows for hoarding and isn't really competitive.

3. Age cap if any no

4. Ratings cap if any no

5. Stadium sizes 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k. Stadium size will determine the level of difficulty. these seem very low for a gw that looks to be going in the direction of no rating cap.

6. Economy level general consensus 

7. Drafting players Yes or No. If yes, how many? i would say two players put everyones names into a randomiser and go 1-32 then 32-1 number 32 picks twice in one go, will be quickest way as 32 is a lot of ppl

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Starting balance: 250-300 m (a lesser amount would take fun off the draft)

2. Squad cap- YES, 35

3. Age cap if any- NO

4. Ratings cap if any- NO

5. Stadium sizes 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k. Stadium size will determine the level of difficulty. - 20k

6. Economy level- NORMAL

7. Drafting players Yes or No. If yes, how many?- YES, 11.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

I came up with an idea. What if we put a rating cap (say, 92 or lower) for the first season, and then we raise it in the second season and let people draft those newly available players, in a reverse order, weaker teams first?

I like it but how do we find the "Weaker teams", as all teams start with same resources and a draft...?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Starting balance 150M €

2. Squad cap 30/40

3. Age cap if any NO

4. Ratings cap if any NO

5. Stadium sizes 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k. Stadium size will determine the level of difficulty. 20K

6. Economy level Normal  

7. Drafting players Yes or No. If yes, how many? YES 4/6, drafts of 1 player 1-32, 32-1 and so on, with this mechanism of draft needs to be an even number of drafts to be fair to everyone.  I think more than 6 players would be too much players to draft, with 6 already are 192 players in total

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Lost soul said:

I like it but how do we find the "Weaker teams", as all teams start with same resources and a draft...?

I thought about reverse ranking, it would be ok if everybody play fair. Otherwise, I can already see at the end of the season people losing on purpose to be on the bottom of the table. :D

A better way would be adding up the ratings of the best players in each team. Even if we all start with the same resources, obviously someone will be able to use them better than the others, or just be luckier, after one season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Starting balance 150M €

2. Squad cap 30/40

3. Age cap if any NO

4. Ratings cap if any NO

5. Stadium sizes 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k. Stadium size will determine the level of difficulty. 20K (But I don't like any options)

6. Economy level Normal  

7. Drafting players Yes or No. If yes, how many? Yes, I'm with RHugrakkur on this, but I think 4 players is a good quantity (1 GK - 1 DEF - 1 CM - 1 FWD)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

I came up with an idea. What if we put a rating cap (say, 92 or lower) for the first season, and then we raise it in the second season and let people draft those newly available players, in a reverse order, weaker teams first?

Nice idea but not needed. Every club will start with empty squad, same balance and similar stadium capacities. So there are no poor teams. 

If drating takes place it has to be at the very beginning when everybody will be entitled to at least one superstar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...