Contract lengths

35 minutes ago, Hugh Nitedite said:

What difference does it make if I offer a player a 2,3,4 or 5 year contract?, if a players rating rises, he will expect a wage increase whatever the length of contract, I cant work out what its there for ?

Thanks in advance

He will want an increase if he rises. However, if a player drops in rating his wages will stay the same for the duration of his contract. So if you offer a player a 5 year contract and he drops, his wages won't decrease for 5 seasons. A longer contract will have a bigger effect on a player's morale than a shorter contact though. 

15 minutes ago, Kev said:

He will want an increase if he rises. However, if a player drops in rating his wages will stay the same for the duration of his contract. So if you offer a player a 5 year contract and he drops, his wages won't decrease for 5 seasons. A longer contract will have a bigger effect on a player's morale than a shorter contact though. 

Cheers Kev, on the subject of Morale , I have Foden in my squad who recently got a pay rise but his morale level stayed the same at 79%, he plays all the time when fit, at what % morale does it start to become a concern and how can I raise it ?

19 minutes ago, Hugh Nitedite said:

Cheers Kev, on the subject of Morale , I have Foden in my squad who recently got a pay rise but his morale level stayed the same at 79%, he plays all the time when fit, at what % morale does it start to become a concern and how can I raise it ?

If he's playing all the time then he shouldn't get any concerns. You can raise it by offering a new contract. Besides that it will only improve if you're winning lots I think. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 9:15 PM, Kev said:

So, if my player whose rating just went down completes his full contract, and when contract is automatically renewed ( I think every player renews automatically after their contract being completed ), will their wage decrease to their current rating wage?

6 minutes ago, Hisham said:

So, if my player whose rating just went down completes his full contract, and when contract is automatically renewed ( I think every player renews automatically after their contract being completed ), will their wage decrease to their current rating wage?

Unless you've offered him a longer contract when his rating was higher, it should go down, yes. 

On 7/9/2021 at 2:28 PM, Kev said:

Unless you've offered him a longer contract when his rating was higher, it should go down, yes. 

What if he had 3 season in his contract when his rating went down and I renewed his contract to 2 seasons?

4 hours ago, Hisham said:

What if he had 3 season in his contract when his rating went down and I renewed his contract to 2 seasons?

I think if you renew a contract it will be with the same wages. So you'll need to let his contract run out and his wages will then automatically be adjusted. I'm not 100% sure on that but I think that's how it works. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

Renew his contract to any length and his new waves reflect his current rating .

That's not true. I can't lower one's salary if his rating is reduced, by making him sign a new contract.