UEFA EURO 2020

2 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

I enjoyed this tournament. I had 3 favorite teams. Of course my own country Belgium, country of my fiancee Denmark and a country I love Italy. I'm happy 1 of those won!

It's funny because my 3 favorite teams were Italy, Denmark and Belgium too hahaha

I have always liked Denmark, because it has many underrated and young players, while I've always liked the golden generation of Belgium, to which belongs "Ciro" Mertens, the top scorer in the history of my favorite club, Napoli

Belgium would probably make it to the final on the other side of the board, while the Denmark has fought until semifinals

14 minutes ago, sharkdan said:

My best 11!

LINEUP111626110428392.png

9 players the same. 

Back-ups would be for me...

GK: Schmeichel - Denmark

DR: Walker - England

DC: Kjær - Denmark

DC: Vermaelen - Belgium

DL: Mæhle - Denmark

DM: Jorginho - Italy

CM: Barella - Italy

AM: De Bruyne - Belgium

AMR: Ferran Torres - Spain 

AML: Insigne - Italy 

AC: Seferović - Switzerland

28 minutes ago, sharkdan said:

It's funny because my 3 favorite teams were Italy, Denmark and Belgium too hahaha

I have always liked Denmark, because it has many underrated and young players, while I've always liked the golden generation of Belgium, to which belongs "Ciro" Mertens, the top scorer in the history of my favorite club, Napoli

Belgium would probably make it to the final on the other side of the board, while the Denmark has fought until semifinals

Was the same previous time.. 

We had Japan (with a historical victory), Brazil and France. England and Belgium had to play against each other to become No. 1 and No. 2 in their group. Thanks to Adnan Januzaj we had a more difficult path...

Now Portugal, Italy and Spain if we went to the final..

Denmark always has good players.. Italy their passion is so impressive.. If they lose or win they are always playing with passion.

On 7/9/2021 at 3:33 PM, Soccahappy said:

Found this interesting and I know most of U guys know the Eufa website:-

1339182449_EurosDistanceCovered.png.41bc509090e12d8b65a397a871fc54c9.png

Must say when I saw Jorginho nearly at the top of this list (2nd) I was more than surprised especially with Phillips 3rd that far behind. So I decided to do a Km's per hour to make it more comparable and...

Over 60Km's Played Covered Km Km's
Over 500 minutes Minutes Distance  Per Hour
Jorginho - Italy 585 72.3 7.42
Phillips - England 545 67.3 7.41
Pedri - Spain 629 76.1 7.26
Maehle - Denmark 570 66.6 7.01
J Alba - Spain 553 64.2 6.97
Kane - England 529 60.1 6.82
Hojbjerg-Denmark 570 64.1 6.75
Braithwait-Denmrk 565 61.6 6.54
Sterling - England 521 55.4 6.38
Laporte - Spain 630 65.9 6.28

... and Jorginho moved from 2nd to 1st!  He's 29yo, Pedri 18 etc  etc  Also Kane ran more than Sterling, really?? I know Kane goes from left to right and also drops into midfield but Sterling seemed constantly running at pace through their defence and was back into our defence marking too. Alba also, what at 32???

Thought I'd share it because to me it's so surprising if it's right

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/statistics/players/?sortBy=distance_covered

1291734893_EufaFinalKmsPHr.png.1b1d64944d001efad37b9e0b2e20bab9.png

After the Final Phillips overtakes Jorginho and Kane and Sterling remain relatively the same order

7 hours ago, jaybee said:

Be good to keep this thread going to track progress of players who were involved in tournament in terms of transfer moves and rating changes.

As regard as Italy, there are several important transfer and changes:

Donnarumma is going to sign for PSG for free; Sirigu will leave Torino and there are rumours for Napoli (if Ospina leaves, Atletico Madrid and Genoa); Meret will be come the official 1st goalkeeper since Luciano Spalletti considers him a great GK

Chiellini is now a free agent, but in the next days he will extend his contract with Juve for another year; there are rumours for Di Lorenzo leaving Napoli for Manchester United, but these rumours have been denied; Emerson will probabilly join Napoli next week: he wants to come back in Italy and Spalletti phoned him getting a positive response. 

Locatelli will leave Sassuolo and he prefers Juve rather than Arsenal, the clubs they just have to agree for the fee; there are rumours for Barella to Liverpool but I think Inter won't sell him even if they need money; Jorginho will stay At Chelsea for another year and maybe return in Italy next year; Castrovilli can improve his performances because with the new manager Vincenzo Italiano he can play in his favorite position in a 4-3-3

Insigne and Belotti are discussing the e tensione of contract (currently until 2022) with Naples and Torino, on Insigne there is the interest of Barcelona, Milan and half Europe but I hope he will remain in Napoli until the end of his career, while Roma and Arsenal are interested to Belotti, but he probabilly will remain another year in Turin and go away for free next year; Raspadori will probabilly leave for Inter  when Lautaro leaves 

6 minutes ago, sharkdan said:

As regard as Italy, there are several important transfer and changes:

Donnarumma is going to sign for PSG for free; Sirigu will leave Torino and there are rumours for Napoli (if Ospina leaves, Atletico Madrid and Genoa); Meret will be come the official 1st goalkeeper since Luciano Spalletti considers him a great GK

Chiellini is now a free agent, but in the next days he will extend his contract with Juve for another year; there are rumours for Di Lorenzo leaving Napoli for Manchester United, but these rumours have been denied; Emerson will probabilly join Napoli next week: he wants to come back in Italy and Spalletti phoned him getting a positive response. 

Locatelli will leave Sassuolo and he prefers Juve rather than Arsenal, the clubs they just have to agree for the fee; there are rumours for Barella to Liverpool but I think Inter won't sell him even if they need money; Jorginho will stay At Chelsea for another year and maybe return in Italy next year; Castrovilli can improve his performances because with the new manager Vincenzo Italiano he can play in his favorite position in a 4-3-3

Insigne and Belotti are discussing the e tensione of contract (currently until 2022) with Naples and Torino, on Insigne there is the interest of Barcelona, Milan and half Europe but I hope he will remain in Napoli until the end of his career, while Roma and Arsenal are interested to Belotti, but he probabilly will remain another year in Turin and go away for free next year; Raspadori will probabilly leave for Inter  when Lautaro leaves 

Wow, that's an excellent update. Thanks for that.

Are you enjoying the celebrations?

Do you think Raspadori will play regularly at Inter? I know they are in financial difficulty at the moment and having a bit of a rebuild.

22 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Wow, that's an excellent update. Thanks for that.

Are you enjoying the celebrations?

Do you think Raspadori will play regularly at Inter? I know they are in financial difficulty at the moment and having a bit of a rebuild.

It was great to celebrate a victory for Italy, everyone om the street literally went crazy Sunday night. It's the first tournament I enjoyed of Italy, because in 2006 when we won the World Cup I was only 3 (and already liked football 😁

Apart from that, I think that Raspadori will improve and become stronger next season, and when Inter will sell Lautaro he will be ready to take his place and play regularly. The financial difficulty can be an important chance to valorize Inter's great academy and if they manage to finish in the top 4 next year will probabilly be able to buy Raspadori for 25 millions + Pinamonti or something like that

2 minutes ago, sharkdan said:

It was great to celebrate a victory for Italy, everyone om the street literally went crazy Sunday night. It's the first tournament I enjoyed of Italy, because in 2006 when we won the World Cup I was only 3 (and already liked football 😁

Apart from that, I think that Raspadori will improve and become stronger next season, and when Inter will sell Lautaro he will be ready to take his place and play regularly. The financial difficulty can be an important chance to valorize Inter's great academy and if they manage to finish in the top 4 next year will probabilly be able to buy Raspadori for 25 millions + Pinamonti or something like that

Nice one. Delighted for you. I had money at start of tournament on Italy to win and always had a soft spot for them. A few vinos to celebrate?

The Inter academy seems quite interesting with Bastoni coming through. I know Pirola tipped to do well. 

Any youngsters to watch out for at Napoli? I think I saw that is who you support 

32 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Nice one. Delighted for you. I had money at start of tournament on Italy to win and always had a soft spot for them. A few vinos to celebrate?

The Inter academy seems quite interesting with Bastoni coming through. I know Pirola tipped to do well. 

Any youngsters to watch out for at Napoli? I think I saw that is who you support 

Hahahahah 😂. Italy is full of good vinos, it's difficult to choose one. 

I have to correct you, Bastoni comes from another great academy, the one of Atalanta. 

Yes, my favorite club is Napoli. Our academy isn't very strong, the only two players noteworthy are Antonio Cioffi, who played a few minutes in first team last year and Giuseppe D'Agostino, but I don't see them become anything special (maybe Cioffi if he's lucky) . The other who can improve next years (not necessarily from our academy) are Elmas and Ounas

13 minutes ago, sharkdan said:

Hahahahah 😂. Italy is full of good vinos, it's difficult to choose one. 

I have to correct you, Bastoni comes from another great academy, the one of Atalanta. 

Yes, my favorite club is Napoli. Our academy isn't very strong, the only two players noteworthy are Antonio Cioffi, who played a few minutes in first team last year and Giuseppe D'Agostino, but I don't see them become anything special (maybe Cioffi if he's lucky) . The other who can improve next years (not necessarily from our academy) are Elmas and Ounas

Apologies, I forgot that Bastoni started out there. 

I recall Cioffi making his league debut last season from my spreadsheet on Serie A. Any reason for there currently not being many promising youth talents there?

11 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Apologies, I forgot that Bastoni started out there. 

I recall Cioffi making his league debut last season from my spreadsheet on Serie A. Any reason for there currently not being many promising youth talents there?

Our president doesn't invest money in the Primavera team; maybe you don't know, but Napoli Primavera was in the 2nd division of Italian youth football last year, they will play in 1st division again next year. In Naples there are lots of strong footballers who could play in it, I saw them personally in amateur tournament; some of them try to get a chance outside Naples but many of them don't get the chance they deserve

5 hours ago, sharkdan said:

Our president doesn't invest money in the Primavera team; maybe you don't know, but Napoli Primavera was in the 2nd division of Italian youth football last year, they will play in 1st division again next year. In Naples there are lots of strong footballers who could play in it, I saw them personally in amateur tournament; some of them try to get a chance outside Naples but many of them don't get the chance they deserve

That's a shame that they don't invest. Local players should be the heartbeat of any side I think. Most fans enjoy seeing young players come through and develop in to first team stars.

6 hours ago, jaybee said:

That's a shame that they don't invest. Local players should be the heartbeat of any side I think. Most fans enjoy seeing young players come through and develop in to first team stars.

Would be great to see other players like Insigne coming through, but unfortunately it's very difficult

I thought I'd provide an update for Scotland squad in terms of transfers and additional info.

The three goalies who were in squad will all remain at their clubs. Craig Gordon will be back in Premiership with Hearts.

In terms of defenders, Declan Gallagher has moved to Aberdeen and Grant Hanley has been promoted with Norwich. Jack Hendry has signed for Oostende after his successful loan spell last season. It will be interesting to see if Nathan Patterson can cement a regular starting spot at Rangers, this won't be easy as has captain James Tavernier as main competition.

On the subject of Norwich, Billy Gilmour has moved there on loan where he will play beside international colleague Kenny McLean. Ryan Christie has been linked with a move away from Celtic as he only has a year left on his deal.

In attack Kevin Nisbet has been linked with a move away from Hibs ahead of upcoming season. This could be to Celtic or potentially a team in English Championship.