INSUA, Emiliano

Hi guys, i have been checking the search option and there is a little about this guy but not enough.

INSUA, Emiliano, Argentinian LB 19 @ 76

He looks pretty good to me and im just wandering if you think he is any good or if he might rise at some point. Any feedback would be great.

Cheers

Re: INSUA, Emiliano

I also think hes better than his rating right now BUT as a liverpool fan i have only heard about him last summer when he played for Argentina in the under 17 world cup.Soon as he emerges into the 1st team squad or atleast rafa cud send him out on loan to a decent club,Then he should increase to the 80s no problem.

• 2 months later...

some interesting information from Gary Ablett (Liverpool reserve coach) about Insua and few other young stars at the club.

Rafa Benitez this week spoke warmly about the prospect of Emiliano Insua figuring for the first team in the final few league matches of the campaign. As a former left back for Liverpool how much progress has he made this season?

He's made a lot of progress, as have the majority of our young players. If you had said to me at the start of the season that we would have sent eight, nine or 10 of the senior reserve players out on loan and that I'd have to cope with the young group that have just come in, I'd have thought we would struggle. But credit to the younger group, they've knuckled down and tried to take on board what we have tried to teach them and we've reaped the benefits from that. If the first-team can wrap up fourth place with games to spare it may give the manager a chance to throw the likes of Emiliano in, Damien Plessis again, Krisztian Nemeth and Mikel San Jose. The list goes on and we have six or seven in there, who if they haven't fulfilled their potential quite yet, they could go on next season make an impact.

How far can Emiliano go in the game?

I think that's up to Emiliano. He has the ability. He's just got to make sure that mentally he is right and he's prepared. The language can be a bit of a problem at times but he is coming along with his English. The manager can speak Spanish to him, but I sometimes find it hard to communicate with him at times but I do have the help of Angel and Antonio to do that. To answer your question though, he can go as far he wants to go, it's up to him. He has unquestionable ability - we've just got to make sure his mentality and his attitude are right before he goes and plays.

I also think hes better than his rating right now BUT as a liverpool fan i have only heard about him last summer when he played for Argentina in the under 17 world cup.Soon as he emerges into the 1st team squad or atleast rafa cud send him out on loan to a decent club' date='Then he should increase to the 80s no problem.[/quote']

I'm pretty certain he won't be loaned out. In fact don't be surprised is he starts the next match along with Plessis and maybe Nemeth seeing as we have 4th place wrapped up. Last season he started our last couple of games and I was very disappointed he wasn't involved in the first team this season. Seeing as Riise is likely to leave, I reckon Insua will have a part to play in the first team next season, especially as each club are allowed 7 subs.

He is one to hold onto, he will be sure to hit the 90's in the future, but you need to be patient with these types of players especially looking at the size of our squad.