Jose Reina deserves 94

He's the 1st name on the liverpool teamsheet voted by liverpool fans on there website. He is always consistent for Liverpool even when the rest the team are not. I believe Reina is better than Van der Sar but should atleast be on par with the dutch keeper on 94.Only Cech in my eyes can say he is better than Reina in the premiership so give this guy his deserved rating of 94 as it is on merit for his performances in both the premiership and europe.

Re: Jose Reina deserves 94

He's the 1st name on the liverpool teamsheet voted by liverpool fans on there website. He is always consistent for Liverpool even when the rest the team are not. I believe Reina is better than Van der Sar but should atleast be on par with the dutch keeper on 94.Only Cech in my eyes can say he is better than Reina in the premiership so give this guy his deserved rating of 94 as it is on merit for his performances in both the premiership and europe.

Because the Liverpool fans have him first on their teamsheet he should be 94? He aint that good!!!

reasons why he should not be a 94 or even a 93 are

1. He is far too inconsistent and makes many mistakes.

2. He is certainly not better than Van Der Sar.

3. He does not play for the Spanish national team.

If he goes up to 94 then so should Mikel Arteta.

He does not make many mistakes and is very consistent

He is as good as Van Der Sar

He does play for the Spanish National Team.

And, Arteta has 0 appearances, Reina has a few, and Reina is very good blocking penalties...

And' date=' Arteta has 0 appearances, Reina has a few, and Reina is very good blocking penalties...[/quote']

He makes mistakes all to often and that is there for everyone to see.

Van Der Sar has plenty more appearances for the Dutch team. Reina only has a handfull of appearances for Spain.

Reina is no way as good as Van Der Sar

And just because he can save penalties does not mean he is a good goalkeeper.

In that case the Bristol Rover Goalie should be 100:eek:

And' date=' Arteta has 0 appearances, Reina has a few, and Reina is very good blocking penalties...[/quote']

Which Spanish National team do you watch? He is not first choice is what I think was meant, which he most certainly is not. Ven Der Sar is not better or worse than him but they both are not 94. He is very consistent at flapping for the ball, cant take crosses. An alright shot stopper.

Mate...the Rovers goalie only saved 1 of them.... the others were all missed. But Van Der Sar is not amazing....He played alot for Holland yes but now he is 37 and not as good as he was imo.

This thread is going to turn into another fight between Liverpool and Man Utd fans..

Mate...the Rovers goalie only saved 1 of them.... the others were all missed. But Van Der Sar is not amazing....He played alot for Holland yes but now he is 37 and not as good as he was imo.

This thread is going to turn into another fight between Liverpool and Man Utd fans..

One website said he had saved at least 10:eek: Van Der Sar is not as good as he was at Fulham but even now he is better than Reina:)

1. Agreed that he does not make too many errors but he does conced quite a a few.

2.He is not as good as VDS:-

Manutd- played 23 games and conceded 11 goals have 14 CS's

Liverpool-played 22 games and conceded 16 goals 10 CS's

Let the stats do the talking :D

3.Ya i know in the friendlies :P

He's got 7 starts 4 Spain for Heven's sake :D

I think every1 is forgetting about VDS's 3 saves in a row earlier this season in the Community shield against chelsea :P:D

No hard feelings mate :D

Debates are always good. Obviously not everyone rates him as highly as i do.

His strengths id say is his shot stopping and hes great at saving penalties.He's very rarely injured and did have 2 games for Spain in euro qualifying but* mainly due as Spain were through but still he played so i consider only Casillas ahead of him for Spain which i think is about right at the moment.Reina is only 25 so has plenty time to improve yet i still say he's better than van der Sar but then again van der sar has had a great career and at 37 doesn't have time on his side :).