Huntelaar

I haven't managed to find anything recent on him, so just thought i'd put him out there.

What do people think he'll do in the next couple of days? i'm reckoning up to 93.

His form last season was exceptional, 33 goals in 34 appearances, but just his way of playing was brilliant.

I reckon he's up there with the likes of Di Natale and Del Piero. He's a proven striker, who plays for a strong national team. Only disadvantage is him playing in the dutch league, but surely SM can't deny him a 93....

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: HUNTELAAR, Klaas-Jan I dont think he'll go up...Read the blog..will ya and stop spamming..

Re: Huntelaar Two good goals and highly influential in the recent 3-0 win over Feyenoord,followed by an International goal in Croatia,this boy is easily in the top ten strikers in the world,therefore

Re: Huntelaar

He's a proven striker' date=' who plays for a strong national team. Only disadvantage is him playing in the dutch league, but surely SM can't deny him a 93....[/quote']

He barely got to 92 last time, and that was only because of his excellent goal scoring record, and the thought that he would be transferred this summer as well. Huntelaar is not a proven striker. Only now, with Ruud's retirement from international football, will Huntelaar be their main man and will be able to show his worth on the larger stage. You really have to comprehend how poor of a league the Eredivisie has become. Ajax couldn't even manage to win the Champions League Playoff after last season, which shows their inability to beat very very insignificant teams in their own league, and have been relegated to the Uefa Cup as a result. All of this does not bode well for Huntelaar's rating, and he will have to stay injury free, bang in the goals again domestically, and start to perform internationally if he wants to keep his 92 until the end of the season.

Definitely good enough to be 93' date=' but whilst in Holland that's near impossible, if not impossible. [b']If he moves to Europe[/b] and plays regularly, then a rise is a definite.

Remember, ability is the only factor in ratings. Form, Club, League, International level, etc all come into it as well.

Holland isnt Europe? :P lol

I think SM base their ratings, partly on the UEFA coefficients which is why the EPL is full of high rated players. As you can see from the link Holland are quite low down, lower than the likes of Russia and even Romania so it's little surprise that Huntelaar is as low as he is. If Huntelaar were to move to EPL he would get an immediate rise because he's incredibly underrated atm and as has been said in the thread he has a superb goalscoring record.

Hopefully Donadoni or Zola or Bilic are on SM as Guest so if they take over at West Ham they can take this into account :D ..

Seems to be a split opinion then :P.

I'm aware he's been in Ruud's shadow, but it is still surely fair enough, based on the quality of the actual player, that he receives a fair rating.

I agree as well that he should have got a transfer this summer, in which case he could probably have been touching 94, but there we go.

carry on =p

I agree as well that he should have got a transfer this summer' date=' in which case he could probably have been touching 94, but there we go.

carry on =p[/quote']

Well, that's the thing isn't it. Other Dutch players, who had great scoring records in Holland, like Kuyt, have moved, but were unable to recreate the same form elsewhere b/c the Eredivisie is a much more inferior league than we believe. Look, Huntelaar has probably been one of the most scouted players for the past two season yet no one has picked him up, despite the fact that he hasn't signed a new contract with Ajax, which really is signaling his intention to leave. If Sir Alex really thought he had the potential I'm sure he would have gotten him this summer for something like half the money he's paid for Berbatov.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...