• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: HUNTELAAR, Klaas-Jan I dont think he'll go up...Read the blog..will ya and stop spamming..

Re: Huntelaar Two good goals and highly influential in the recent 3-0 win over Feyenoord,followed by an International goal in Croatia,this boy is easily in the top ten strikers in the world,therefore

There are a bunch of Dutch players that should be changed Huntelaar is definitely one of them he should be a 92. I saw someone who pointed out he shouldn't be moved up yet cause he doesn't have enough international experience but considering the fact that in his first game for his country he scored 2 goals and assisted on 2 others in a 4-1 or 4-0 "sorry I forgot the exact score" game vs Ireland I think it's safe to say he has proven that he can hang with the best. Hopefully next year he will make the move abroad to further his career.

Huntelaar V Kuyt

The thing with Huntelaar is that he plays in a league where the best striker score goals for fun week by week.

If you put Huntelaar in the Premiership then possibly the goal scoring ratio will go down.

Its the same with Kuyt. I thought he would end up like Kezman. Good goalscorer in Holland but awful in England and now unfortunately plays in Turkey :(. But from what i have seen of him so far, the goals will come and he can become a regular scorer for Liverpool.

If Huntelaar was to go up then it would probably be to a 91 as i firmly believe that Kuyt is just that slightly better,

Huntelaar is a definate 91 and should be a 92 imo. His record in Holland out scores Kuyt's by some way as well as his eye for goal hes pretty good at assisting... He's 23 too im pretty sure. He is the Luca Toni of Serie A last season.

Watch some of these video's. Watch him get into space so freely and then place his shots so well. (After the Overheads and the tap in lol) Look out for the 22 goals in as many appearences followed by his 23rd and his hatrick in the same game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhHOvUvtgJc&search=huntelaar

Huntelaar would cut it in the premiership imo. Ive not said that about many people and im certain hes one to watch.

I think the comparison of Huntelaar and Kuyt is closer then ever.

Huntelaar played 109 games and scored 78 goals at club level.

On the other hand, Kuyt with Feyenoord played 101 games and scored 71 goals.

These stats show that these two are EXTREMELY close to each other, but those stats are of Kuyt just with Feynoord.. and thats where imho he edges it out.

Kuyt also scored 51 goals in 160 games for Utrecht..So that deffinatly makes him the more experienced player... so I'm going for Kuyt for now.. also Kuyt played 22 more matches at international level then Huntelaar.. so facts are facts. They both are more or less goalscorers in the same way, but Kuyt is the more experienced - but then again he is older so really, id go for Kuyt 92 Huntelaar 91/92.

This is like the Boyd situation really.. great scorer..

• 1 month later...
Havnt kept up to date with Huntelaar's performances this season so far and cant seem to find any good statistics. Ive just found out that he recently got injured for 2-4 weeks.

Anyone care to add some info as im keen to find out the chances of his stat rising soon.

Sure mate!

Klaas Jan Huntelaar (born August 12' date=' 1983 in Drempt, Gelderland, Netherlands) is a Dutch footballer who plays as a striker for Ajax Amsterdam. He is seen as a rising star in Dutch football, having scored 33 goals in the 2005/06 Eredivisie campaign. His nickname is 'The Hunter'.

[b']

Club career[/b]

In 2006, Ajax signed Huntelaar from SC Heerenveen, paying € 9 million + future extensives for the player. A substantial sum went to rivals PSV Eindhoven as a result of the training compensation rule imposed by FIFA. Perhaps his most spectacular goal of the season was a bicycle kick in injury time of the KNVB Cup semifinal against Roda JC which squared the match and allowed Ajax to go on to victory after the extra periods[1]. Huntelaar then went on to score a brace, including the winner, against PSV Eindhoven to bring Ajax its 16th KNVB Cup.

Huntelaar won the European Golden Boot for the 2005-2006 season.

Huntelaar was the first player to score a goal at Arsenal F.C.'s new Emirates Stadium in a testimonial match for Dennis Bergkamp on July 22nd, 2006 - a match Ajax ended up losing 2-1 (although in the second half, which started off with Ajax leading 1-0, 'legends' like Johan Cruijff, Marco van Basten and Ian Wright played instead).

Huntelaar started the 2006/07 campaign by scoring a brace against Copenhagen in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League 3rd qualifying round.

International career

Despite being in the preliminary squad, Huntelaar was not chosen for the Dutch national team at the 2006 FIFA World Cup. Coach Marco Van Basten explained that he felt Huntelaar would benefit from more experience and from playing at the UEFA Under 21 football championships, going as far as to say that it was up to Huntelaar to "show us there that [by not selecting Huntelaar] we did not do the right thing." [2]. While Holland went on to score no goals against quality opposition in Germany, Huntelaar led the Dutch to victory as the top-scorer of the Under 21 tournament with four goals, including a brace in the final against Ukraine.

Marco Van Basten decided to call Huntelaar as his starting striker in the Dutch National squad's friendly against the Republic of Ireland on August 16, 2006. Huntelaar paid immediate dividends by scoring two goals (another one was disallowed by an incorrect off-side call by the referee, denying him the hat-trick), and making two assists, in Holland's 4-0 victory.

Career Stats

Total 112 Games, 78 Goals

International - 3 Games, 2 Goals.

Hope this helps ;)

Thanks for the info Bobo, it helped and gave more detail to what I already knew. Ive followed Huntelaar's performances for a few years now and now quite a bit.

But as i ment to say in my last post i would like some info on him this season as i havent kept up to date, Such as how many goals, assists, MOM, etc. All i know is that he is injured right now lol.

• 2 months later...

Huntelaar

He is a wicked youngster and has been outstanding for Ajax this season. He got European Golden Boot last season with 33 goals. this season he has played 26 and scored 20, including 8 goals in 8 games in europe. He should go up next week when the Dutch ratings change, your opinions would be appreciated.