Huntelaar

djdepth

Internationally he is doing well aswell. For the European under 21's tournament he got top scorer with 4 goals in 5 games, Artem Milevsky also played in the tournament. If you say he cant handle pressure he scored twice in the final as Netherands won the tournament, including a penalty in the final! And also 2 goals in 4 games for the actual Netherlands side aint bad!! I still agree with 92 though.

this has bought up quite a bit of a debate. i think the initial feeling

is that he will get an increase, but to what to? the mutual agreement

looks 92.

hes an excellent talent, theres no doubt. and im sure a lot of people

would like to see him in spain or england.

this has bought up quite a bit of a debate. i think the initial feeling

is that he will get an increase' date=' but to what to? the mutual agreement

looks 92.

hes an excellent talent, theres no doubt. and im sure a lot of people

would like to see him in spain or england.[/quote']

Yeah we all agree with 92, although i would still like to see him with Juve one day.... He might be the answer to Chelsea's forwards not scoring.......

but a goalscoring record like his in any league surely warrants a 92 like u said.
Even the Conference? :D

But seriously, where do we draw the line?

Huntelaar hasnt been scoring in a top league, and has made limited appearances for country...

reggio, those are my favourite kind of debates!! 91 is about right IMO for a player of VERY limited top class experience...

Debate??? lol It's teb vs everyone else?:D

Yeah Huntelaar should go up ' date=' if Kuyt was a 92 in the dutch league and we'll probably agree thta Huntelaar is better, so a 92 would be great.[/quote']

I don't agree with you there m8, Kuyt is way a better player than huntaleer! If Huntaleer goes up then its only fair Kuyt goes up too!

IMO Huntelaar is a very talented youngstar, but until he leaves Holland and begins to play against the better defences I think he should stay the same rating. Only few players have left Holland and also been successfull but I think he has the talent to do well in other leagues so no need to let that talent be wasted in the Netherlands. I remember Mateja Kezman was such a talented player in Holland and then went to Chelsea and only scored 4 in 25 games. Then tried it in Spain and still wasnt scoring alot, but now at Fenerbache in another league which doesnt have the best defences he has found the net so Huntelaar could be similar and unless he actually does move then I cannot say he is 92 because he is playing against defences alot worse than the ones in England/Italy/Spain. As a Milan fan i wouldn't mind them taking a bit of a risk getting him as our chances of winning the league is over he would have less pressure. Gourcuff,Gilardino,Kaka and Huntelaar playing together very talented and quick :D

Right, what is all this talk about???

Huntelaar to 92? are you guys serious??

He's been scoring well in the dutch league, agreed, but then again so has Shota Arveladze.

I'll lay my opinion on the line. The dutch league is atrocious. Its notoriously easy for strikers to score goals in. Google any videos of huntelaars goals and you'll soon see how awful the defending is in that league. They have players that make Titus Bramble look world class!!

If Huntelaar goes up I will be particularly enraged seeing as Rodrigo Palacio ( a player with similar international experience) is only a 90, but a far, far better player.... (might be seeing him at barca soon if they cough up enough cash)

Huntelaar is fine at 91, if anything a little bit too high, anything above 91 would start to severley undermine the ratings system on soccermanager.

Dont listen to them admin....

Oh and by the way, his league stats for this season are 10 goals in 19 games. Thats distinctively average for a striker playing at one of the big 2 in holland. Top scorer currently is Alfonso Alves of Heerenveen, 18 goals 20 games.

And as for his european goals, someone mentioned 8 in 8 against the elite of europe....

well, ive got him with 6 in the UEFA cup, 2 against IK Start, 2 against Austria Wein, and 2 against Zulte waragem.

i agree europes elite.......ahem!

So the Dutch League is the best :confused: , I think alot of u r over rating this player. 91 is fine he's playing against alot of bad defences a 90 year old disabled dog could score against those defences. He is talented but until he moves to a bigger club or scores more for Holland than he should stay that high.

So the Dutch League is the best :confused: ' date=' I think alot of u r over rating this player. 91 is fine he's playing against alot of bad defences a 90 year old disabled dog could score against those defences. He is talented but until he moves to a bigger club or scores more for Holland than he should stay that high.[/quote']

umm no the defences are pretty good have u seen PSV they have conceded like 7 goals or something only and yet u call the dutch bad defenders :P

wow, some support on my side!! what a pleasant change!! I am almost disappointed. I completely agree with Socratys and Tonyba. Huntelaar has not achieved enough to warrant a 92.

I think if you look at the average defense in the EPL, you would find it is far superior to that of the Eredivisie. The EPL attracts the top players from all over the world, like La Liga and Serie A - but the Dutch simply does not so the competition and standard of play is not as good.

Again, not saying Huntelaar is a poor player, I would love Spurs to sign someone with as much promise as him!! But, 'promise' is the key word - SM dont give rating increases on potential, only achievement.

As Socratys pointed out, the European clubs he scored against are not great. He has scored 2 for Holland in 4 games according to Wikipedia, which is normally fairly reliable.

• 2 months later...

Re: Klaas-Jan HUNTELAAR

Been a few threads on him im sure ! he is showing the credentials for a rise !! HOWEVER ! firstly he is playing in a league that isnt particularly strong in comparison with the rest of europe ! secondly he isnt a regular fr holland which would allow him to move to the next level ! realistically he is a 91 :) IMO anyways

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

Re: Klaas-Jan HUNTELAAR

erm 91 oh he is 91

hes palyed outstanding last season especially the second half of the season

i think 91 s ok for now as hes not top scorer by i long shot and is playing in Holland