Re: Huntelaar

He has played less than 80 minutes for Holland since April. Not played in their last 3 games either. Not scored in his last four (at least) international appearances either.

4 of his 5 goals were in an 8-1 away win...the quality of some teams in the Eredivisie is quite low.

I don't think he deserves to be any higher than he is.

Aaaand Teb still has something against Dutch football. However, I do agree with you finally. van Nistelrooy is back in, and is doing a much better job. Huntelaar hasnt even played Champions League football, so a 91 is fine at the moment, until he moves to a bigger league at least.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: HUNTELAAR, Klaas-Jan I dont think he'll go up...Read the blog..will ya and stop spamming..

Re: Huntelaar Two good goals and highly influential in the recent 3-0 win over Feyenoord,followed by an International goal in Croatia,this boy is easily in the top ten strikers in the world,therefore

Aaaand Teb still has something against Dutch football. However' date=' I do agree with you finally. van Nistelrooy is back in, and is doing a much better job. Huntelaar hasnt even played Champions League football, so a 91 is fine at the moment, until he moves to a bigger league at least.[/quote']Pfft. I don't have anything against Dutch football....and never have. :confused: Care to back up a statement like that? :eek: :eek:

The national side are often a pleasure to watch and is loaded with quality, the league is very good, and produces some great players, but I just don't think that it is considered one of the great leagues by many people.

If people on the forum must now blindly pretend that all football is of the same standard across all the leagues, we are in a lot of trouble.:eek:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

am surprised huntelaar hasnt gone up he is destroying the dutch league i know it is of lower quality but he is still an outstading player and a 92 would not be an injustice after all he can only beat and play against the teams put infront of him. also CHAMP LEAGUE should not play a factor in this instance as its not a move 95+ eg Toni and Klose

p.s if Klaas-jan rises i would expect afonso alves to also rise by 1 to 91 thats just my opinion;)

• 1 month later...

Klaas Jan Huntelaar and his rating...

Ok here it goes he is rated 91,I think he is highly under-rated and here's why, 9 caps for Holland (who have a lot of great attackers) and 3 goals,this season 19apps for Ajax and 19 goals,overall 68 apps for Ajax 57 goals,ok the dutch league isn't the best however,not many would have a better record and Ajax are a big club,also look at the list of strikers rated 91 and above..

Roy Makaay -91

John Elmander -91

Mladen Petric -91

Benni McCarthy - 91

Dirk Kuijt - 91 (Hunt in dutch side ahead of him)

Podolski -91

Fred - 91

Kerzakov - 91

Zigic - 91

Garcia (Espanyol) 91

Saviola - 92

Adriano -92

Rocchi -92

Morientes -92

Now Huntelaar is a better player than pretty much all of these,There may be a thread on him but I really wanted to open this to make a big point of it,remember Luis Suarez a real talented striker at the same club only rated 2 below Huntelaar,but Hunts record this season is far better,thoughts?

Re: Klaas Jan Huntelaar and his rating...

ok Klaas Jan Huntelaar is a fantastic player, we all know that, but u said he is better then all of them, and that is simply not truth.

for example did u ever saw mladen petric play?, he playes fantastic in 1st german league with borusia, very often selected in ideal 11, and u know that competition for place in atack in ideal of german league is hard to get beside toni and klose

now back to huntelaar, he is a bit underrated and deserve a rise to 92

I agree huntelaar is a much better player than his rating suggests. But! then again look at Dirk Kuyt scoring record in holland it was pretty good which was the reason Liverpool bought him in the 1st place.

This guy needs a move big time OR really needs Ajax to get back in the champions league and get to atleast the quarter finals.The dutch league there is too big a gap from the top 3/4 teams and the rest the league.

I agree huntelaar is a much better player than his rating suggests. But! then again look at Dirk Kuyt scoring record in holland it was pretty good which was the reason Liverpool bought him in the 1st place.

This guy needs a move big time OR really needs Ajax to get back in the champions league and get to atleast the quarter finals.The dutch league there is too big a gap from the top 3/4 teams and the rest the league.

Ya but Huntelaar is far more classier than Kuiyt watch them play Huntelaar is way better..

Kuyts record by the way isn't as good as Huntelaars,plus 35 caps and 6 goals???

Huntelaar and Van Nistelrooys records in Holland are very similar,

Huntelaar - Ajax - 68 apps 57 goals

Van Nistelrooy - PSV - 67 apps - 62 goals

Not too much of a difference eh? Plus Huntelaar has a lot more to his game than just scoring goals..

I might also add that Jan is the countrys all time u21 scorer with a whopping 18 goals in 22 games!

@fitz: I wasn't dissin Huntelaar tho... so dont make assumptions.Huntelaar is a better striker than the likes of Kezman and Kuyt who both came to England with good scoring records for their clubs but failed to do so in the premiership.I'd love Liverpool to sign Huntelaar and sell Kuyt but it wont happen :P