Re: Klaas Jan Huntelaar and his rating...

Apparently he wants a move in the summer to either England or Spain' date='I would say Chelsea/Man Utd/Real Madrid/Ath Madrid[/quote']

I think Liverpool would be his best option. Thery need another world class striker to play alongside Torres and Huntelaar defo fits the bill. His scoring record more than speaks for itself, and tbh he is better than Voronin, Crouch and Kuijt.

I also disagree with every club you've put down apart from maybe Atletico or Real Madrid. They would love to have Huntelaar but somhow I doubt he'll go to Atletico because they are not proven European metal. This is their trophy record:

Trophies

‎La Liga

Winners (9): 1939–40, 1940–1941, 1949–1950, 1950–1951, 1965–1966, 1969–1970, 1972–1973, 1976–1977, 1995–1996

Runners-up (8): 1943-44, 1957-58, 1960-61, 1962-63, 1964-65, 1973-74, 1984-85, 1990-91

Copa del Rey

Winners (9): 1959–1960, 1960–1961, 1964–1965, 1971–1972, 1975–1976, 1984–1985, 1990–1991, 1991–1992, 1995–1996

Runners-up (8): 1920-21, 1925-26, 1955-56, 1963-64, 1974-75, 1986-87, 1998-99, 1999-00

Supercopa de España

Winners (3): 1940, 1951, 1985

Runners-up (3): 1991, 1992, 1996

UEFA Champions League

Runners-up (1): 1973–1974

‎Intercontinental Cup

Winners (1): 1974

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup

Winners (1): 1961-62

Runners-up (2): 1962-63, 1985-86

UEFA Intertoto Cup

Winners (1): 2007

Runners-up (1): 2004

Segunda Division

Winners (1): 2001-02

Runners-up (3): 1932-33, 1933-34, 1998-99

Campeonato del Centro: 4

1920-21, 1924-25, 1927-28, 1939-40

As you can see they've only won 3 trophies in Europe, and only one over 30 years, which is why I doubt he'll go to Atletico.

Real Madrid may want him as they only have Raul and RVN and Higuain as regular forwards so they may want to bolster their forward options.

And yeah he should be alot higher than 92. A 94 wouldn't have gone amiss IMO.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: HUNTELAAR, Klaas-Jan I dont think he'll go up...Read the blog..will ya and stop spamming..

Re: Huntelaar Two good goals and highly influential in the recent 3-0 win over Feyenoord,followed by an International goal in Croatia,this boy is easily in the top ten strikers in the world,therefore

It finished surprisingly 4-3 to the Netherlands Huntelaar really does deserve a 93 minimum in my opinion he scored 2 Heitenga got one and believe it or not Jan Venegoor of Hesselink scored aswell :eek:

I think Jan Venegoor Of Hesselink deserves his 91 rating back as although Celtic aren't playing great football by any means he's scoring for club and country recently.

It finished surprisingly 4-3 to the Netherlands Huntelaar really does deserve a 93 minimum in my opinion he scored 2 Heitenga got one and believe it or not Jan Venegoor of Hesselink scored aswell :eek:

I think Jan Venegoor Of Hesselink deserves his 91 rating back as although Celtic aren't playing great football by any means he's scoring for club and country recently.

Ya and Huntelaar has turned into Holland's main forward threat,Van Basten loves him as he is a similar type of player..

But ya most people think he should be 93,if not higher! But because in the Dutch League a 93,I am shocked he only went up 1,Farfan rated as good??:eek:

BTW Keith...huntelaar still has a chance of making 93. I remember when anderson was 86...i got a club message saying that he has increased to 88. Then later i got one saying that he has increased to 89. We shall see wat happens to his rating. Fingers crossed he will get 93:D

• 2 weeks later...

There's no way that SM will change his rating now and that is pretty obvious' date=' however they have to give him a +1 boost next time around![/quote']

They still could if you send them a ticket proving he deserves a higher rating.

Later on I may try to prove he is worth more than a fair few players higher than than him.

I'm just throwing it out there, but he's only playing in the Eredivisie right now. I think he will adapt once he moves and be a 95 rated player, but for now, it's fine. Look, there's a reason why no manager has bought him yet. He's already 24 and will turn 25 before you know it, so he's not that young anymore. The truth is, is that managers for the top teams are afraid to take the plunge b/c they don't know what to expect. His sale this summer is almost as inevitable as Anelka's move was away from Bolton, so time will tell.

I sort of see why you're saying managers are cautious of buying him, But Van Der Sar, Lee Young Pyo and Alves have all gone from the Eredivisie to the EPL, I'm sure managers will look at that. I'm sure Huntelaar can adapt to the pace of it.

Also, you can't compare it to Anelka and Bolton because he was at a failing team. Ajax are alot stronger and, though struggle in Europe, are a top side. He could still move, but would Ajax let him?

My comparison to Anelka was just to say that he is certainly going to move sooner or later. The only major reaction I have to what you said is, is that none of the players that you listed that moved from the Eredivisie were strikers, or have not yet had enough time in the league to show what they're worth. No, one game for Alves doesn't count, even against Manchester. You should compare Huntelaar to Kuyt and Van Nistelrooy. Kuyt overall is very very iffy, while Nistelrooy is class and would be a top player in any league. Huntelaar has not yet had the chance , which isn't his fault, but nevertheless, to show what he's got on the next stage, and shouldn't go to 93. And yes, I realize he's played well in International matches, and salvaging a friendly against Austria doesn't count. Holland should be embarrassed to ever have gotten in that position and Austria's team is so bad there was a petition from Austrians to keep their own team out of Euro 2008.

• 1 month later...

Now a lot of people have been asking for players like Torres to get an incrrease and Del Piero to get an increase, well before them Huntelaar MUST get a +1 at the bare minimum to compensate for a season which cannot be described with words, He has done alot better than a fair few players that are ratred higher than him. Do not label mre biased because I don't idolise Huntelaar or Ajax.

In the Eredivisie this season, Huntelaar has started every single game this season. He has even started more games and played more minutes than their forst choice keeper, Maarten Stekelenburg. He has played 3085 minutes in the league, scoring 33 goals. That is less than a goal every 100 minutes.

And when you take into account that the EPL, Serie A and La Liga all have longer league seasons which makes Huntelaar's rating even more surprising. He has scored more goals than Torres, Del Piero, Aguero,

The only reason I can see behind his rating, is because of the league that he plays in. I am shocked that a player of his ability (and there is no doubt he is the best striker in the Eredivisie, and one of the best in Europe this season) is not rated amongst the likes of Raul, Aguero, Tevez etc etc who have all had exceptional seasons, is not rated amongst these players. Even though Ajax were knocked out of the UEFA cup at the qualifying stage, he still scored and I suspect if Ajax got to the group stage he would have scored a few more. Also, Aguero plays for Atletico Madrid who are not even mathematically guaranteed a CL spot yet, and were knocked out in the round of 32 in the UEFA cup, and has scored fewer goals in more starts. So surely it is the league itself that is holding Huntelaar's rating back?

Guest Toggs

I think (Without reading previous posts.) that SM should now wait until after Euro08 before reviewing Klass-Jan Huntleear's rating.

I think the Dutch League top goalscorer should get a 92/93 rating. I dont think Huntleear will be able to acheive a 94 rating if he stays in Holland though.

If Huntleear does well in Euro, and manages to get a move into the big countries (England, Spain, Italy) then theyre could be light at the end of the tunnel.

So for now i say 92, a good performance @ Euro = 93 (Also due to his league ending form he could acheive 93. If he does what Torres has and settles in to a new club quickly and gets 20+ in his opening season then 94/95.

Hopen he does do well though as hes in alot of my squds :)

Yes it looks like it mate, but everyone can see he's absolute quality. He is still not even rated the highest in that league, which is a joke. The ratings are supposed to be based on their ability, and whilst you can understand some leagues are weaker, the players ability is not. Players drop for moving clubs alone, so it's no surprise we have people like him with a rating point or 2 short.

He has just came out and said he might stay too, so he might never get the rating he deserves. With them 2 to work with though, nobody can blame him really.

Ye He Deserves 93/94 in my books but i guess SM dont give the Dutch League much regegnition and probably dont watch it.:(

Exactly my point.

If that were the case btw the Championship would be full of 92/93's as it's the third most popular league in Europe. Only La Liga and EPL beat it. Eredivisie is waaaaaaaaay down there somewhere in popularity and Huntelaar's rating portrays that. :(

Yes it looks like it mate' date=' but everyone can see he's absolute quality. [b']He is still not even rated the highest in that league[/b], which is a joke. The ratings are supposed to be based on their ability, and whilst you can understand some leagues are weaker, the players ability is not. Players drop for moving clubs alone, so it's no surprise we have people like him with a rating point or 2 short.

He has just came out and said he might stay too, so he might never get the rating he deserves. With them 2 to work with though, nobody can blame him really.

Yeah a certain Jefferson Farfan is the same rating YET has only scored 7 league goals. Dean Ashton sohul be higher than Farfan, let alone Huntelaar.

Huntelaar is a one of a kind striker and just like the american league the dutch league consists of some golden teams who dont get any regignition of any kind to say PSV are champions there team is worse then that of Everton or Zaragoza why because its not popular enough for high ratings.

Yeah a certain Jefferson Farfan is the same rating YET has only scored 7 league goals. Dean Ashton sohul be higher than Farfan' date=' let alone Huntelaar.[/quote']

In wich porsition did farfan play this season ???..... RIGHT MIDFIELD(winger), so why are you comparing him with a Huntelaar who is a CF. Why do you think huntelaar scored more goals. Dean Ashton what a joke man. This comment is an great example of someone who think he knows everything but just doesnt

Agree to a certain extent mate, but Huntelaar is by far and wide the best in that league, so his rating should support that. Farfan is good, but when you look at the whole picture, he should be below Huntelaar, easy. The only thing he has on his side is international appearances really, but playing for Peru should not mean that much. He is easily their best player so will always get games for his country.