Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

I am sorry' date=' but you haven't convinced me.

Yep, Porto is a pretty mediocre side that have 2CL's being one of them since Abramovich took Chelsea.. and they have 0 after spending in the last years what Porto spent in their 100+ years. Don't forget that in the pitch are XI vs XI, the ball is round and all can happen. Teams names and players names not win you trophies. And Chelsea have a big zero.[/quote']

Feeder club. Convince me otherwise. LOL you can't.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Where you getting these latest developments from? On Villas-Boas wikipedia page it says he's Chelsea manager lol but according to that Chelsea play in the portuguese league? :rolleyes:

Ever the reliable wikipedia.

Inside sources from Porto. You might recall that I said here on the forum that Meireles would join Liverpool long before the press started to publish it. Unfortunately these sources are rarely wrong when it comes to issues like these. :(

Your arrogance is embarrassing. Porto's history is far more impressive than that of Chelsea's and the difference in the two teams as they stand today in terms of strongest starting XI's is minimal.

Are Porto not a feeder club? Yes they are. Talented players leave, talented managers leave. Feeder club.;):D:D:D

Your arrogance is embarrassing. Porto's history is far more impressive than that of Chelsea's and the difference in the two teams as they stand today in terms of strongest starting XI's is minimal.

I don't agree with the minimal difference. I think theres quite a big difference in the quality of our starters and Porto's...

Feeder club. Convince me otherwise. LOL you can't.

And? If we weren't good enough, no one would buy our players. That only proves that our scouts are good like our administrators.. we sell good players every year and will keep winning and getting good ones. Arsenal is the feeder club of Barcelona and are more and more decaying with 0 trophies..

I don't agree with the minimal difference. I think theres quite a big difference in the quality of our starters and Porto's...

I agree. Minimal difference? My god.

Cech or Helton? Cech by a mile

Cole or A. Perira? Cole by a mile

Ivanovic/Bosingwa or Saparnu? Ditto

Terry or Rolando? Guess:p

David Luiz/Alex or Otamendi? Closer but still Chelsea

Essien or Fernando? FERNANDO. Only kidding Essien obviously

Lampard etc I'm sure the idea is coming through now

Regardless of the difference in Porto and Chelsea, he would be a good appointment from Chelsea. Something different from those who haven't been given time and almost Mourinho esc. He's won things, regardless of if they weren't such as major honours as the Champions League or Premier League for example. But he's won the treble i believe last season and he has enjoyed success this season, certainly ideal in my opinion.

And? If we weren't good enough' date=' no one would buy our players. That only proves that our scouts are good like our administrators.. we sell good players every year and will keep winning and getting good ones. Arsenal is the feeder club of Barcelona and are more and more decaying with 0 trophies..[/quote']

Admitting your a feeder club is admitting you are not like Chelsea doofus. So question me all you want but you have admitted that Porto are a feeder club. And feeder clubs sell players BEFORE they peak e.g. Anderson, Villas Boas generally. But well done on having good scouts-they develop good players for others to take on a regular basis:rolleyes:

Admitting your a feeder club is admitting you are not like Chelsea doofus. So question me all you want but you have admitted that Porto are a feeder club. And feeder clubs sell players BEFORE they peak e.g. Anderson' date=' Villas Boas generally. But well done on having good scouts-they develop good players for others to take on a regular basis:rolleyes:[/quote']

Feeder club or not they are one fantastic side who consistently perform domestically and on the european stage

No, I honestly believe that Porto's team - as it is today - is almost as good as Chelsea's. Chelsea are superior in a couple of areas, and individually, Chelsea certainly have the better players. But, as you should know, football is not a game about individuals and I firmly believe that that Porto team could certainly give Chelsea a very, very close game if they were to meet in the UCL this season - and perhaps even beat them over two legs.

Unfortunately, I foresee at least 1-2 of their stars being sold this summer, along with their inspirational manager it seems, which will be a great shame and a huge loss to the club in terms of their targets this season. If they had been able to keep everything together, there's no reason why they couldn't have reached the latter stages of the UCL this season (i.e. Semi-Finals onwards).

No' date=' I honestly believe that Porto's team - as it is today - is almost as good as Chelsea's. Chelsea are superior in a couple of areas, and individually, Chelsea certainly have the better players. But, as you should know, football is not a game about individuals and I firmly believe that that Porto team could certainly give Chelsea a very, very close game if they were to meet in the UCL this season - and perhaps even beat them over two legs.

Unfortunately, I foresee at least 1-2 of their stars being sold this summer, along with their inspirational manager it seems, which will be a great shame and a huge loss to the club in terms of their targets this season. If they had been able to keep everything together, there's no reason why they couldn't have reached the latter stages of the UCL this season (i.e. Semi-Finals onwards).[/quote']

I agree about the whole "as a team" part and not as individuals but when you compare sides you're going to look at the individuals and when you talk about the "quality" of a side you look at what players they have, therefore in that sense we are miles ahead of Porto in terms of players.

At the end of the day though, Porto probably could give us a very good game but then any side can beat anyone, just look at the wonders of the FA Cup! :P

I don't even know why we're having this massive debate between both clubs, point is Villas-Boas is coming to us and Falcao will follow ;) But that will probably give Walter more chances and he'll be the next big thing who will then be moved on when he realises he doesn't want to play in a league which such poor standards. :P

Big difference in success so technically it evens itself out.

The only reason theres a difference in success is they're playing in a different, lower standard league. Soon as we get the champions league cracked, all you lot can put up and shut up! :)

Admitting your a feeder club is admitting you are not like Chelsea doofus. So question me all you want but you have admitted that Porto are a feeder club. And feeder clubs sell players BEFORE they peak e.g. Anderson' date=' Villas Boas generally. But well done on having good scouts-they develop good players for others to take on a regular basis:rolleyes:[/quote']

Letting them buy our players doesn't mean we can't buy and get better replacements as far as I know..... look at the honours we got after selling them.. :rolleyes: we are not at the same level financially, but historically we are far better and recently(last 5 years) we are on same level..

The only reason theres a difference in success is they're playing in a different' date=' lower standard league. Soon as we get the champions league cracked, all you lot can put up and shut up! :)[/quote']

Porto have already won the champions league so are a step ahead. I know its a lower standard league but they have clubs that consistently get into the latter stages of European competitions. (3 in semis of Europa League last season)

I genuinally believe Porto could get top 4 in England if not top 5.

For Christ's sake not João Moutinho... :(

Come on fill us in then Derby... Don't just leave us hanging.

If this is true' date=' then it was always likely to be the case as Falcao, Moutinho and co obviously feel it's their route out of Porto to a huge club. :P

Porto have already won the champions league so are a step ahead. I know its a lower standard league but they have clubs that consistently get into the latter stages of European competitions. (3 in semis of Europa League last season)

I genuinally believe Porto could get top 4 in England if not top 5.

We're top 2, not top 5 mate ;)

Come on fill us in then Derby... Don't just leave us hanging.

Meh, what's the point now anyway... :( It's seems like AVB will want to take Falcao and Moutinho with him. I'm not sure why Falcao is of interest, after all you do have Torres and Drogba, but Moutinho makes perfect sense as a short term replacement for the ageing Lampard.

I just don't know what will happen now. If we're negotiating two of our biggest stars, what's the motivation of the likes of Hulk or Fernando in staying? I do not want to risk another year like 2005... It may sound awkward and insane, but I think it would be best if we sold EVERYONE. Every single starter. I honestly don't care any more.

For a 'feeder' club:rolleyes: or a team who plays in a lesser league top 5 in England would be pretty good.

I never said they were a feeder club. They're a good side, no doubting that. But the point is if Arsenal were in the Portuguese league they would actually win trophies :P

Meh' date=' what's the point now anyway... :( It's seems like AVB will want to take Falcao and Moutinho with him. I'm not sure why Falcao is of interest, after all you do have Torres and Drogba, but Moutinho makes perfect sense as a short term replacement for the ageing Lampard.

I just don't know what will happen now. If we're negotiating two of our biggest stars, what's the motivation of the likes of Hulk or Fernando in staying? I do not want to risk another year like 2005... It may sound awkward and insane, but I think it would be best if we sold EVERYONE. Every single starter. I honestly don't care any more.[/quote']

Ooops someone is a bit upset with the whole situation. It'll all be okay mate. ;)

We'll just have AVB, Falcao and Moutinho. If it makes you feel any better, Porto can have Paulo Ferreira back if you'd like?! :P :p

I never said they were a feeder club. They're a good side' date=' no doubting that. But the point is if Arsenal were in the Portuguese league they would actually win trophies :P[/quote']

that's in the season 1.. in the season 2 they would sell half of their players to pay the wages as the income would be near 0.. in the 3rd year would keep bet in youngsters and would have to sell their remaining stars and would end in 2nd division like Belenenses.. a team of our capital, that like Chelsea won their first league in the 40's.. but unless the English ones, hadn't the luck to be bought by a millionaire to catapult them to top places again..