Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Ooops someone is a bit upset with the whole situation. It'll all be okay mate. ;)

We'll just have AVB' date=' Falcao and Moutinho. If it makes you feel any better, Porto can have Paulo Ferreira back if you'd like?! :P :p[/quote']

People are very passionate about their clubs in latin countries. Of course I'm upset. We're almost in July. Do you realize that we have an entire team structure at stake at the moment? I don't recall having such a talented squad in all my years as a Porto fan. We were all dreaming with the prospect of seeing this team and this manager in the Champions League... Yesterday we had it all. Now I feel like we don't make sense.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Ooops someone is a bit upset with the whole situation. It'll all be okay mate. ;)

We'll just have AVB' date=' Falcao and Moutinho. If it makes you feel any better, Porto can have Paulo Ferreira back if you'd like?! :P :p[/quote']

This is why I hate many Chelsea and United fans. Out of place arrogance. The current Porto side is just as good as Chelsea's by the way...

People are very passionate about their clubs in latin countries. Of course I'm upset. We're almost in July. Do you realize that we have an entire team structure at stake at the moment? I don't recall having such a talented squad in all my years as a Porto fan. We were all dreaming with the prospect of seeing this team and this manager in the Champions League... Yesterday we had it all. Now I feel like we don't make sense.

Of course I understand. I'm very passionate about Chelsea' date=' if we were in your situation losing our stars and one of the most promising young managers in the world, I'd would be gutted too. I'll be upset when JT and Lamps retire mate!

I wouldn't worry yourself too much, nothing is done yet. It's all speculation. You'll lose Villas-Boas, that much is certain, however the players... hmmm I'm not so sure yet. A lot of the media put 2 and 2 together and think oh the best players must follow, I mean if they do come, I won't be complaining but nothing is done yet boyo!

This is why I hate many Chelsea and United fans. Out of place arrogance. The current Porto side is just as good as Chelsea's by the way...

It's called banter. There was nothing in mind when writing that to make it sound arrogant at all. :rolleyes:

EDIT: You hate me now do you? LOOOOOOL.

The whole debate is pretty silly to be fair' date=' our fellow England boys keep saying if Arsenal / Chelsea and co were in Portugal they would be winning everything (just like Porto already do) but totally forgetting if they was in Portgual it would be those teams losing there managers and players every season.

Are fans from the EPL so deluded to think players join our teams because they are "big" clubs? , they join because of the league and the [b']money[/b].

Even if Man Utd was in Portgual they wouldn't keep 90% of there player just like Porto can't.

(just seen Gizb post and he bascially says the above but much better)

EPL fans also don't bother putting it the other way, If we moved Porto over to the EPL were they would get our sponsorship and TV revenue and of course they wouldn't lost there best players and they would be challening the top teams within a couple of seasons imo.

The whole debate is pretty silly to be fair' date=' our fellow England boys keep saying if Arsenal / Chelsea and co were in Portugal they would be winning everything (just like Porto already do) but totally forgetting if they was in Portgual it would be those teams losing there managers and players every season.

[b']Are fans from the EPL so deluded to think players join our teams because they are "big" clubs? , they join because of the league and the[/b] money.

Even if Man Utd was in Portgual they wouldn't keep 90% of there player just like Porto can't.

(just seen Gizb post and he bascially says the above but much better)

EPL fans also don't bother putting it the other way, If we moved Porto over to the EPL were they would get our sponsorship and TV revenue and of course they wouldn't lost there best players and they would be challening the top teams within a couple of seasons imo.

Of course they join for the fact we're big clubs, because big clubs = trophies, money and fame mate! But I do agree with some of what you say. If I was a player and a total neutral and say both Chelsea and Porto wanted to sign me and they were offering the same money then I'd go to Chelsea because of you're more likely to win prestige trophies.

It's not the media' date=' I assure you. It's a Mourinho storm all over again. I remember he took two players with him in 2004. Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira, yes? He also wanted Deco, but he went to Barcelona instead. Oh, and he eventually got Maniche as well... It's more than natural that AVB wants players with whom he has worked with. And half of his career was spent in Porto, so basically the top players he knows personally are the ones in our club.[/quote']

Yes he took Carvalho and Ferreira. Even if it is the same thing again, you recovered, your club re-builded and look where you're today. Say for arguments sake, Falcao and Moutinho did come then it's not the end of the world, you still have fantastic youngsters who could take the limelight and become stars (Walter, James Rodriguez etc.)

If Chelsea wants our players I guess they will have to pay their release clauses.. if they want Moutinho, they have to pay 40M€.. more 30 for Falcao and other 30 for Fernando.. if they let here 115M€ I would be very happy as we would have no debt.. :)

If Chelsea wants our players I guess they will have to pay their release clauses.. if they want Moutinho' date=' they have to pay 40M€.. more 30 for Falcao and other 30 for Fernando.. if they let here 115M€ I would be very happy as we would have no debt.. :)[/quote']

I can see us buying out Falcao's contract clause but not Moutinho's for that kind of money. Personally think there are lot better options out there.

I can see us buying out Falcao's contract clause but not Moutinho's for that kind of money. Personally think there are lot better options out there.

So you will only get Falcao.. as Porto president will not let you 'destroy' even more our team easily. As I think he isn't happy with the timing of this bid.. one month earlier would be less bad for us to get a decent replacement on Domingos.. now I guess we will have to pay to Braga to they let their new coach leave to us.. as I am not seeing anyone 'better'.

Of course they join for the fact we're big clubs' date=' because big clubs = trophies, money and fame mate! But I do agree with some of what you say. If I was a player and a total neutral and say both Chelsea and Porto wanted to sign me and they were offering the same money then I'd go to Chelsea because of you're more likely to win prestige trophies.

[/quote']

That was my point tho mate, people were comparing if Chelsea were in Portugal, and if this was the case you can take away all the above as there wouldn't be more chance of trophies because all there players would be leaving for bigger leagues like Porto's do

Wow this thread has exploded :D I feel such an idiot now for writing that Hiddink was defo going to be the manager :(. Also @ the United fan many pages back blaming us for the boom, you were the ones you spent ridiculous amounts of money on Ferdinand and Veron before Roman even joined us.

Personally, i think Porto will do fine out of this. I think if Villa Boas does go then the president just needs to calm things down and not let too many players go. I can see a few players leaving Porto, but in todays current climate you could easily get 70 million euros for them. You can use that money to improve the team. So yeah i think Porto will bounce back very quickly so i wouldn't worry too much :).

Wow this thread has exploded :D I feel such an idiot now for writing that Hiddink was defo going to be the manager :(. Also @ the United fan many pages back blaming us for the boom' date=' you were the ones you spent ridiculous amounts of money on Ferdinand and Veron before Roman even joined us.

[/quote']

A united fan criticising any team for spending big is really being quite hypocritical:D:D The only team in England that United fans can say spend too big is City:D:p

lol. Im not sure you understand Irony.

Irony is you ( AKA a Manchester United fan ) posting about others fans being arrogant.

I really don't like that guy. Majority of his views are complete bull' date=' hence my "...No..." post on Sunday, and refusal to argue home my points to a single minded United fan. :)[/font']

Apparently the Villas-Boas deal is 99% done.

"The arrival of Villas-Boas could see Porto’s leading striker, Colombian Radamel Falcao, also join Chelsea. It is understood a meeting took place at the Sheraton Hotel in Porto between representatives from the clubs and the release clause in Falcao’s contract — believed to be in the region of £26m — was discussed."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2005992/Chelsea-set-confirm-Andre-Villas-Boas-new-boss.html?ITO=1490

Apparently the Villas-Boas deal is 99% done.

"The arrival of Villas-Boas could see Porto’s leading striker' date=' Colombian Radamel Falcao, also join Chelsea. It is understood a meeting took place at the Sheraton Hotel in Porto between representatives from the clubs and the release clause in Falcao’s contract — believed to be in the region of £26m — was discussed."

[url']http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2005992/Chelsea-set-confirm-Andre-Villas-Boas-new-boss.html?ITO=1490[/url]

I heard Falcao was moving. ANOTHER forward? Strange. Kalou, Anelka, Torres, Drogba, Sturridge AND Falcao?

Apart from Kalou they are all Centre Forwards as well-Anelka said he didn't want to play wing before. All those CF's mean even 4-3-3 wouldn't work:confused:

I heard Falcao was moving. ANOTHER forward? Strange. Kalou' date=' Anelka, Torres, Drogba, Sturridge AND Falcao?

Apart from Kalou they are all Centre Forwards as well-Anelka said he didn't want to play wing before. All those CF's mean even 4-3-3 wouldn't work:confused:[/quote']

i think this means drogba and anelka will leave.

I heard Falcao was moving. ANOTHER forward? Strange. Kalou' date=' Anelka, Torres, Drogba, Sturridge AND Falcao?

Apart from Kalou they are all Centre Forwards as well-Anelka said he didn't want to play wing before. All those CF's mean even 4-3-3 wouldn't work:confused:[/quote']

Yeah well they aren't all going to stay are they. Torres will be the main striker next season so hopefully Villas-Boas can get the best out of him. Sturridge will mainly feature coming off the bench, I hope Anelka leaves, and I imagine Drogba will probably go too, unfortunately. Also, don't forget were very close to signing Lukaku too. :P

No he won't. Falcao will be your main striker next season' date=' provided Drogba leaves of course. AVB won't give a **** about the fact that the Spaniard costed 50M.[/quote']

He may care that Torres was until this season an incredible goalscorer and hope that if he can find that quality again his team will be better off:rolleyes:

People are making it sound like Torres has gone from being a quality, world class player to a Heskey overnight. He had the quality-it would not be outragous to suggest that a manager tries to find it again and suceeds.

For the whole Porto being great thing-this is thier record against the English;

http://www.eurocupshistory.com/match/history_land/761-ENG/fc_porto_against_english_clubs