Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

He may care that Torres was until this season an incredible goalscorer and hope that if he can find that quality again his team will be better off:rolleyes:

People are making it sound like Torres has gone from being a quality' date=' world class player to a Heskey overnight. He had the quality-it would not be outragous to suggest that a manager tries to find it again and suceeds.

[/quote']

I wholeheartedly agree with you regarding Torres, does my nut in people doubting him.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

He's offered to pay the £12m release clause himself too. Think someone said he was committed to Porto' date=' this would make me think otherwise.[/quote']

Hang on....he's offered to pay Porto TWELVE MILLION POUNDS out of his own pocket so that he can leave to Chelsea? When Chelsea would pay it themselves? No chance.

Hang on....he's offered to pay Porto TWELVE MILLION POUNDS out of his own pocket so that he can leave to Chelsea? When Chelsea would pay it themselves? No chance.

Read it on the SSN app, once I can get a link, I'll post it.

It's not been reported on SSN main site, but here is a direct quote from the SSN app:

"Villas-Boas tended his resignation by fax and left the Portuguese champions after apparently agreeing to pay a £13.2m departure clause in his contract himself."

Read it on the SSN app' date=' once I can get a link, I'll post it.

It's not been reported on SSN main site, but here is a direct quote from the SSN app:

"Villas-Boas tended his resignation by fax and left the Portuguese champions after apparently agreeing to pay a £13.2m departure clause in his contract himself."[/quote']

Be that as it may, I still don't believe it. AVB's probably not even earned £12m in his career. He's only been manager of Porto, his first big side, for one season - and I very much doubt that they're paying him a truly substantial wage.

I have been talking about recent years.. and you show me results of 68?!

Porto international trophies last ten years:

1 UEFA Cup 2003

1 Champions League 2004

1 Intercontinental Cup 2004

1 Europa League 2011

Liverpool

1 UEFA Cup 2001

2 European Super Cups 2001 and 2005

1 Champions League 2005

Manchester:

1 Champions League 2008

1 Club World Cup 2008

Chelsea:

Manchester City:

Arsenal:

Spurs:

Yep, Porto is a pretty poor average side, that won alone almost the same international trophies that all the top 6 English sides had won. Spending very less, losing starting lineup players every year and still rebuilds the team and keep winning.

Can you name the teams that conquered three major European competitions(CL + Europa League) in this millenium?

Are you insane? AVB does not have that kind of money. Few have. We're talking about an unilateral termination of his contract. Of course he's the one who' date=' in theory, has to pay the fee. But obviously Chelsea is the entity which is paying all of it.[/quote']

It just seems quite strange for a report to pick up on this if it does indeed happen whenever a manager is bought out of their contract. As I said, it's not been reported on skysports.com, but it has been on the SSN iPhone app, made by the same people.

Most of those are from 1991. It can be seen that Porto are very generous to the English.They provide players' date=' wins and even managers for them.;)[/quote']

And even with that, Porto has more International trophies in last 10 years than the teams that bought our players and get our coachs.. amazing. We sell winning players and the teams where they go, won nothing Internationally(bar Anderson and Deco).. and we were 'generous' if they left for cheap, what never happened..

Because he makes me laugh.. :) and because I like to hit the gourd of the 'British pride'. Although his opinion changes more fast than the wind direction.. :rolleyes:

A GOURD is a plant:confused::confused::confused: So strange idea. Like saying "hit the cucumber of British pride".:confused: LOGICAL.

And for quick opinion changes see the Portuguese discusion thread. At the end of the season DerbyPower' date=' Machines, andyowls, Gizb, physcospin were making comments such as

Yes, please let's refer to this when Porto starts trashing opponents in CL next season.

At this moment Porto would beat any team in the world except Barcelona and maybe Real. Everyone else would have to run and eat grass to have chances against them.

AND NOW, BEFORE THE SEASON HAS STARTED, THEY ARE BACKTRACKING on the thread.:rolleyes::rolleyes: That's a change for you:D:D:D

Before they were banging on about how if United came up against Porto they would be resorting to eating the pitch:eek: (presumably based on the quote) to beat them. Their dream has ended before the season has even begun!

A GOURD is a plant:confused::confused::confused: So strange idea. Like saying "hit the cucumber of British pride".:confused: LOGICAL.

And for quick opinion changes see the Portuguese discusion thread. At the end of the season DerbyPower' date=' Machines, andyowls, Gizb, physcospin were making comments such as

AND NOW, BEFORE THE SEASON HAS STARTED, THEY ARE BACKTRACKING on the thread.:rolleyes::rolleyes: That's a change for you:D:D:D

Before they were banging on about how if United came up against Porto they would be resorting to eating the pitch:eek: (presumably based on the quote) to beat them. Their dream has ended before the season has even begun![/quote']

can you post a quote of mine where I said something similar?! Speaks the person that in 10 minutes changed his opinion about Porto.. from a very poor team to a good side.. :rolleyes: grow up you envious 'moron'.

Gourd is a fruit and not plant.. :rolleyes: and metaphorically is an @ss..

I suggest you look at what wikipedia says about a fruit. I know 2 year old who know this;;) "a fruit is a structure of a plant that contains its seeds."

So plant, fruit, similar really. Sorry but it its. A plant grows, and develops fruit. ;)

Oh-and look at the dream team 2010/2011 thread. If that does not show a biased view from yourself-Gizb-then what does? You can't argue or reason with such bias, it is really impossible. Such ridiculous suggestion such as those below prove some people cannot put forward a reasonable argument.

For those who don't want to check it out he said the starting dream team would be;

GK- HELTON!

Was he better than Neuer, Van De Sar, Valdes etc? You choose.

CB-OTAMENDI!

Ahead of Pique, Ferdinand, Puyol, Lucio, Carvalho, Pepe etc. really?

LB-A. PEREIRA? Ahead of Marcelo, Cole, etc?

and that is just the defence. Strange a back four like that being in the world eleven.:rolleyes:

Ozil, Eto, and other superstars all got left out I remeber.

or those who don't want to check it out he said the starting dream team would be;

GK- HELTON!

Was he better than Neuer' date=' Van De Sar, Valdes etc? You choose.

[b']CB-OTAMENDI![/b]

and that is just the defence. Strange a back four like that being in the world eleven.:rolleyes:

Just to comment on the above.

Neuer, Cech, Helton. Why VdS (he's retired!?)?

Lucio, Carvalho, JT, Puyol, Pique, Rolando, Otamendi.

Evra, Pereira, Coentrao, Cole, Marcelo.

I suggest you look at what wikipedia says about a fruit. I know 2 year old who know this;;) "a fruit is a structure of a plant that contains its seeds."

So plant' date=' fruit, similar really. Sorry but it its. A plant grows, and develops fruit. ;)

Oh-and look at the dream team 2010/2011 thread. If that does not show a biased view from yourself-Gizb-then what does? You can't argue or reason with such bias, it is really impossible. Such ridiculous suggestion such as those below prove some people cannot put forward a reasonable argument.

For those who don't want to check it out he said the starting dream team would be;

[b']GK- HELTON![/b]

Was he better than Neuer, Van De Sar, Valdes etc? You choose.

CB-OTAMENDI!

Ozil, Eto, and other superstars all got left out I remeber.

ohhh, so I guess you eat an apple-tree instead of an apple because it's ''similar''.

and dude, learn to read. I have argued why I had chosen them. One of the reasons, was ''who commited less mistakes''. Sum the number of mistakes of that 3 defenders and compare with the players you mentioned and look who is right.

Just to comment on the above.

Neuer' date=' VdS, Cech, Helton.

Lucio, Carvalho, JT, Puyol, Pique, Rolando, Otamendi.

Evra, Pereira, Coentrao, Cole, Marcelo.[/font']

I'm glad it is not just me who feels that A goalkeeper and defence of all Porto players is strange.:D

Gizb-you gave reasons but unfortuntaely the sane disagree. See the original thread and above.

What? :confused: I just said there names' date=' and personal ranking doesn't mean I agree with you.. :confused:[/font']

I am talking about the original thread-I am glad it is not just me that thought that his team was biased.

Other people said that it was ridiculous

I am talking about the original thread-I am glad it is not just me that thought that his team was biased.

Other people said that it was ridiculous

Fair enough then. :)

Still though' date=' FCP are up there in terms of history and current squads, one of the best in world football.[/font']

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/06/21/2541164/porto-striker-hulk-suggests-he-could-follow-chelsea-target-andre-

Hulk

Porto manager Andre Villas-Boas will bring Colombia striker Falcao to Chelsea when he is appointed at Stamford Bridge. The player will cost £26m.

From BBC about Falcao. Which would Chelsea fans prefer? I think both is a little greedy:p

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/06/21/2541164/porto-striker-hulk-suggests-he-could-follow-chelsea-target-andre-

Hulk

Porto manager Andre Villas-Boas will bring Colombia striker Falcao to Chelsea when he is appointed at Stamford Bridge. The player will cost £26m.

From BBC about Falcao. Which would Chelsea fans prefer? I think both is a little greedy:p

Which ever player they get out of the 2 I'll need to sell them on Sm :(

I'm glad it is not just me who feels that A goalkeeper and defence of all Porto players is strange.:D

Gizb-you gave reasons but unfortuntaely the sane disagree. See the original thread and above.

Do you think for others disagree I will change my opinion? I am what I am and not what others think. Compliments not raise me and critics not demote me. If Galileu followed what others said, we would still think that the Earth is the center of Universe.. :rolleyes: for me your opinion doesn't interest me, a person that says a plant is like a fruit is a completely non sense.. :rolleyes:

Hulk

I'd much prefer Falcao over Hulk. Really don't like Hulk' date=' his personality seems too much.

Well theres no doubt Villas-Boas is going to be appointed Chelsea manager and it looks like that'll be tomorrow at the earliest as he's apparently in London having talks right now, and I can bet that they're talking about the possible signings of few players from Porto like Falcao and Moutinho (SSN reported it this morning).

Exciting times ahead for us then! :D

[b']P.S[/b] Can Gizb and CR stop now, it's boring reading through all that tripe when you both have totally different opinions, both are stubborn and won't back down so what's the point?! :P

If Galileu followed what others said' date=' we would still think that the Earth is the center of Universe.. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Don't compare a nobody like you to a genius and one of a kind like him.

I'd much prefer Falcao over Hulk. Really don't like Hulk' date=' his personality seems too much.

Well theres no doubt Villas-Boas is going to be appointed Chelsea manager and it looks like that'll be tomorrow at the earliest as he's apparently in London having talks right now, and I can bet that they're talking about the possible signings of few players from Porto like Falcao and Moutinho (SSN reported it this morning).

Exciting times ahead for us then! :D [/quote']

Moutinho I feel is the one that Chelsea really ought to sign. They already have ample forwards, but if Villas Boas feels he wants another I'm sure he is right over me:p

But Mikel has not been great IMO, and Moutinho could really offer good passing to Chelsea.

Merierles adapted to EPL reasonably well from Porto as well, so hoepfuly Moutinho will follow suit. Both of them put in good displays for country to.