• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

if u re fan of Chelsea:) but i support Man U so i hope he ll leave and that Chelsea managment regret it later:o

I thought you supported Madrid? :confused:

Boas would be a great coach to bring into Chelsea. Young , ambitious and with a decent season at a good level already behind him he could be potentially a fantastic managed at Chelsea.

If Lukaku and Falcao come in to you guys I can see Drogba and Anelka leaving. Personally I don't see that as a bad thing , Drogbas getting on a bit at 33 and if you can cash in now why not! And I've never been a fan of Anelka!

I think everyone agrees Drogba has to stay!

In reply' date=' i don't think that Torres has the ability to play as the deeper striker effectively.

As soon as Villa Boas joins things will definitely move forward in terms of transfers. I hope Villa Boas gets control though, that's what i worry about. I worry that the board will control transfers like they did with Ancelotti. This time around the manager [b']must[/b] have control!!!

In reply' date=' i don't think that Torres has the ability to play as the deeper striker effectively.

[b']I did say in my post thay the one of them would have to play deep-not really specifying which one. I'm not sure myself which would do better-you say Drogba can and since you have probably have seen more of the pair then I would say so to now[/b]:)

As soon as Villa Boas joins things will definitely move forward in terms of transfers. I hope Villa Boas gets control though, that's what i worry about. I worry that the board will control transfers like they did with Ancelotti. This time around the manager must have control!!!

Was it the board or Ancelloti who signed Torres/Luiz/Ramires? Or more likely to what extent was the board involved in them?

Was it the board or Ancelloti who signed Torres/Luiz/Ramires? Or more likely to what extent was the board involved in them?

It was the board, Ancelotti had little if any say in transfers. He wanted Ballack to stay but Abramovich wanted him to leave, the result: Ballack leaves. Ancelotti even said something along the lines of: the board bought Ramires and D.Luiz but i've always wanted to manage Torres. The board bought all three, Carlo had no control of who came in and who left.

It's all very well and good appointing a new and exciting manager but if the board doesn't change its meddling ways then it'll all end in tears and yet another massive compensation package.

This time around the manager has to have control, he has to be the one in charge and he should always have the final say on tranfers.

It was the board' date=' Ancelotti had little if any say in transfers. He wanted Ballack to stay but Abramovich wanted him to leave, the result: Ballack leaves. Ancelotti even said something along the lines of: the board bought Ramires and D.Luiz but i've always wanted to manage Torres. The board bought all three, Carlo had no control of who came in and who left.

It's all very well and good appointing a new and exciting manager but if the board doesn't change its meddling ways then it'll all end in tears and yet another massive compensation package.

This time around the manager has to have control, he has to be the one in charge and he should always have the final say on tranfers.[/quote']

I never really understand this interfering mentality. It is the manager who selects the team so let him have the players he wants? Obviously if the money is too much then fine, but otherwise let the manager do his job?

And lets face it-even the worst managers in the worlds top divisions know more about transfers then most owners (I'd guess anyway).

http://www.goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2011/06/21/2541897/manchester-citys-yaya-toure-listed-by-forbes-as-highest

If that link is true, then look at who gets more; Mikel or Essien:eek::eek:

How long do you think he will last in charge at Chelsea' date=' I'm going for two years max.[/quote']

All depends on success. I can see him being as iconic as Mourinho. Even Abramovich isn't stupid enough to sack a Villas-Boas after a year after he spent £13million on him.

All depends on success. I can see him being as iconic as Mourinho. Even Abramovich isn't stupid enough to sack a Villas-Boas after a year after he spent £13million on him.

Scolari, Ancelotti must be a fair bit of compensation though... Abramovich clearly wants the best from Chelsea-he will spend what ever he has to, and such commintment must be reassuring.

What is not reassuring is the way he is going about things-constantly changing manager can't help. I would guess anyway.

I thought you supported Madrid? :confused:

Boas would be a great coach to bring into Chelsea. Young ' date=' ambitious and with a decent season at a good level already behind him he could be potentially a fantastic managed at Chelsea.

If Lukaku and Falcao come in to you guys I can see Drogba and Anelka leaving. Personally I don't see that as a bad thing , Drogbas getting on a bit at 33 and if you can cash in now why not! And I've never been a fan of Anelka![/quote']

RM is my first team,MU second in terms of supporting,i hate Barca mostly,if Boas win some trophy he ll stay ,if doesnt he will be sacked Chelsea are similar to RM with managers Capello sacked even when he won La Liga,which i will never forgive them such stupid decision,if he stqay he would bring 10 title of Cl in Madrid

RM is my first team' date='MU second in terms of supporting[/b'],i hate Barca mostly,if Boas win some trophy he ll stay ,if doesnt he will be sacked Chelsea are similar to RM with managers Capello sacked even when he won La Liga,which i will never forgive them such stupid decision,if he stqay he would bring 10 title of Cl in Madrid

Ah well, that makes perfect sense being from Bosnia and all. Isn't there a local team you could support? I'm sure they would need you more than Mierdrid or Glazer United.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Chelsea-Andre-Villas-Boas-80m-triple-signing-Neymar-Radamel-Falcao-Joao-Moutinho-article751146.html

Neymar is that one player I really want us to sign. So special!

According to this' date=' a deal is expected to be done before the weekend :eek::D[/quote']

He can play as a winger in a 4-3-3 too. Not just up top like Falcao. Hulk can play wing to-but I personally rate Neymar ahead of him.

Neymar would be a great buy for Chelsea-so young but already talented. Just hope he doesn't do a Robinho:p (not join, and eventually flop at City).

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Chelsea-Andre-Villas-Boas-80m-triple-signing-Neymar-Radamel-Falcao-Joao-Moutinho-article751146.html

Neymar is that one player I really want us to sign. So special!

According to this' date=' a deal is expected to be done before the weekend :eek::D[/quote']

Unfortunately the Daily Mirror is about as reliable and truthful as the Burmese junta...

Ah well' date=' that makes perfect sense being from Bosnia and all. Isn't there a local team you could support? I'm sure they would need you more than Mierdrid or Glazer United.[/quote']

FK Sarajevo but they are to weak to qualify for European competition ,we were near against Cluj we needed just one goal in third round and Damir Hadzic shot in the post,he was our best player in qualifications scoring important goals in 90 minute;) anyway Bosnian football is weak thats why we support international teams and play with them on PES :rolleyes:

It's Official!!! :D

VILLAS-BOAS APPOINTED

Posted on: Wed 22 Jun 2011

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce that Andre Villas-Boas will be the club's new manager.

He has signed a three-year contract and will start work immediately.

Andre was the outstanding candidate for the job. He is one of the most talented young managers in football today and has already achieved much in a relatively short space of time. His ambition, drive and determination matches that of Chelsea and we are confident Andre's leadership of the team will result in greater successes in major domestic and European competitions.

Andre will bring his coaching experience back to a club he is already very familiar with, having previously worked here for three years. He has always been highly regarded at Chelsea and everyone here looks forward to welcoming him back and working with him.

From the Official website :)

FK Sarajevo but they are to weak to qualify for European competition ' date='we were near against Cluj we needed just one goal in third round and Damir Hadzic shot in the post,he was our best player in qualifications scoring important goals in 90 minute;) anyway Bosnian football is weak thats why we support international teams and play with them on PES :rolleyes:[/quote']

Yeah agree,Altought I am Željezničar fan (Sarajevo and Željeznicar hate each other) I supported Sarajevo that night,and they were really close. :D

FK Sarajevo but they are to weak to qualify for European competition ' date='we were near against Cluj we needed just one goal in third round and Damir Hadzic shot in the post,he was our best player in qualifications scoring important goals in 90 minute;) anyway Bosnian football is weak thats why we support international teams and play with them on PES :rolleyes:[/quote']

Thats a great reason to not support your local club. B)