• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

I dont know what all the fuss is about.

He'll be sacked next year by the clown' date=' ermmmm sorry i mean Abraomovich.

That or player power will eventually push him out.[/quote']

I think that is is very strange that Ancelloti got sacked. Fergie, Guardiola all with time improved their teams (both transfers and how they played). Surely if Ancelloti did reasonably well then (since even coaches like Mourinho need seasons with their players to get the best out of them) he should have stayed?

I think that RVB could potentially be a great coach. But at some point he will have a poor (by Abramovich standard, not most peoples) season and be gone.:rolleyes: But its his club, not mine:p

You lot are being pretty naive if you think he will be sacked in a year. He will be there minimum two years.

Most expensive manager in football history, has been offered a three year deal, on god knows how much. It would simply cost to much to sack him, including the initial fee paid, even for Chelski.

Will definitely be there for 2 seasons minimum.

You lot are being pretty naive if you think he will be sacked in a year. He will be there minimum two years.

Most expensive manager in football history' date=' has been offered a three year deal, [b']on god knows how much[/b]. It would simply cost to much to sack him, including the initial fee paid, even for Chelski.

Will definitely be there for 2 seasons minimum.

£6M a year (£3.1M after taxes) + bonuses. Does this mean I'm God?

Most expensive manager in football history' date=' has been offered a three year deal, on god knows how much. It would simply cost to much to sack him, including the initial fee paid, even for Chelski.

Will definitely be there for 2 seasons minimum.[/quote']

like we dont remember one Brazilian who was sacked:rolleyes:,and still Chelsea payed his contract

like we dont remember one Brazilian who was sacked:rolleyes:' date='and still Chelsea payed his contract[/quote']

But this guy cost 15 million in transfer fee and 6 million wages. Over three seasons that is 18 million.

A total sum of 33 million-if they sack him they will still have to pay a lot of money. So this, I believe, is a different case to Scolari and believe Villas-Boas will be given more time than just a season. I personally think that if he does well in the Champions League he will be forgiven if he does not win the league, but if he does poorly in the Champions League and fails to win the premiership (like Chelsea this season) he could be sacked. And by do well in the UCL I mean at least look close to challanging for it-Chelsea got knocked out early on this time.

But this guy cost 15 million in transfer fee and 6 million wages. Over three seasons that is 18 million.

A total sum of 33 million-if they sack him they will still have to pay a lot of money. So this' date=' I believe, is a different case to Scolari and believe Villas-Boas will be given more time than just a season. I personally think that if he does well in the Champions League he will be forgiven if he does not win the league, but if he does poorly in the Champions League and fails to win the premiership (like Chelsea this season) he could be sacked. And by do well in the UCL I mean at least look close to challanging for it-Chelsea got knocked out early on this time.[/quote']

Also he needs to get the best out of Torres.

I had to do a little bit of wiki-digging on that one. :P

Hmm' date=' and it seems he played in Derby County. Were you trying to take a pundit on the rams? :eek:[/quote']

He did indeed play for Derby, he moved there from us from memory. Us villans call him is god :P and i thought with him playing for Derby i thought you may of heard of him and his name !

like we dont remember one Brazilian who was sacked:rolleyes:' date='and still Chelsea payed his contract[/quote']

Completely different scenario. :rolleyes:

Also he needs to get the best out of Torres.

State the obvious ey !

A total sum of 33 million-if they sack him they will still have to pay a lot of money. So this' date=' I believe, is a different case to Scolari and believe Villas-Boas will be given more time than just a season. I personally think that if he does well in the Champions League he will be forgiven if he does not win the league, but if he does poorly in the Champions League and fails to win the premiership (like Chelsea this season) he could be sacked. And by do well in the UCL I mean at least look close to challanging for it-Chelsea got knocked out early on this time.[/quote']

ofcourse he wont be sacked if win CL,but what if drop out in quarterfinals and dont win league or cup,Scolari in his time was the best payed manager as i remember after he won WC:confused:

Yeah it is obvious' date=' but just ask Carlo how easy it is.[/quote']

I never said if it was difficult or not. I was just saying its pretty obvious he has to get the best out of one of the worlds best strikers when fit and on form.

A full pre season under him and he should be great.

I never said if it was difficult or not. I was just saying its pretty obvious he has to get the best out of one of the worlds best strikers when fit and on form.

A full pre season under him and he should be great.

If Torres miracuously finds form again would it be condidered an Ancelloti failure in that he didn't get the best out of him?

While it could be' date=' if the board had as much involvement as Bradford or someone suggested with the transfer then it isn't too fair to take this view.[/b']

ofcourse he wont be sacked if win CL' date='but what if drop out in quarterfinals and dont win league or cup,Scolari in his time was the best payed manager as i remember after he won WC:confused:[/quote']

I said "DOES WELL" in Champions League-obviously he wouldn't get sacked if he won! But with "does well" my point is that is depends on Abramovich.

But Abramovich, as he has shown countless times, is not a man to take any sort of underachievement lightly, and he will expect Villas-Boas – after buying out his €15 million release fee at Porto – to repeat the remarkable feats of his time with the Portuguese champions. The young manager will have been told that the Premier League and the Champions League trophies are his goals for the coming season, and though Chelsea were not all that far off last year, there is still much that needs to be done before they can seriously be considered as contenders for the two crowns. goal.com

If Torres miracuously finds form again would it be condidered an Ancelloti failure in that he didn't get the best out of him?

While it could be' date=' if the board had as much involvement as Bradford or someone suggested with the transfer then it isn't too fair to take this view.[/quote']

It's not Ancelotti's fault as ultimately, he didn't sign the player, the board did. If a manager signs a player and he flops then they are responsible but in Carlo's case he had little say in the matter so can't be blamed for the players struggles on the pitch.

You could argue that the same goes to Villas-Boas even if Torres still doesn't perform. However most of us blame the form on lack of fitness, something which shouldn't be a problem after the summer, so if he still doesn't perform, Villas-Boas could get some heat.

On a different note: Who does everyone want to sign?

For me, there's so many options, i could argue a point for dozens of players to be signed but ultimately we can only put 11 players on the pitch and that has to be considered when we talk about bringing in all these high profile players.

Personally i'd like to sign:

Van Der Wiel - £12 million - Ajax

Sneijder - £35 million - Inter Milan

Lukaku - £22 million - Anderlecht (+ loan back)

De Bruyne - £6 million - Genk (+ loan back)

Neymar - £40 million - Santos.

= £115 million.

But it's tough as Villas-Boas will probably want to bring in some players from Porto. I just recken all my choices could start next season and be good additions to the squad without forcing the manager to play unusual formations to try and fit big names in.

Personally i'd like to sign:

Van Der Wiel - £12 million - Ajax

Sneijder - £35 million - Inter Milan

Lukaku - £22 million - Anderlecht (+ loan back)

De Bruyne - £6 million - Genk (+ loan back)

Neymar - £40 million - Santos.

= £115 million.

And, by spending that much, you then probably wouldn't be able to comply to UEFA's new financial restrictions, ruling you out of the Champions League. And we all know Roman wouldn't like that. ;)